PDA

View Full Version : Woman called boyfriend 65,000 times in the past year

Norsefire
09-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Dutch woman 'called boyfriend 65,000 times'
A Dutch woman who called a man 65,000 times in the past year - an average of 178 calls a day - is to face charges of stalking.

The man told police he had been bombarded with calls, texts and emails from the woman.

Lawyers say the 42-year-old woman claimed to be in relationship with the man and denied that her actions were excessive.

The 62-year-old man denies that they were in a relationship.

The police raided the woman's home in Rotterdam and seized a number of mobile phones and several computers.

The BBC's Anna Holligan in The Hague says a judge at a preliminary hearing granted the woman bail on the condition that she leave the man alone.

But just a couple of hours after being released, she allegedly called him again, says our correspondent.

She has been kept in custody ever since, and had been due to appear before a judge in The Hague later on Wednesday, before it was decided three judges should hear the case.

A new date for the hearing is yet to be set.

- BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14913053

That is a lot of phone calls, she must of spent alot of her time each day to make 178 calls, I bet she would of called even more than that if she didn't have to sleep. lol. I also wonder how much all that costs.

Barbarella
09-15-2011, 12:13 AM
This is kinda funny for us but imagine what that poor guy went through. She sounds absolutely relentless. The state of mind she was in, the cost of the phone calls wouldn't have come into it.

If she felt spurned in some way perhaps he "should have put a ring on it".

Ring, get it? I'm here all week.

Emma
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
To put it mildly, that chick got some serious issues!

Lucille
09-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't understand why he didn't just change his number and list it as private... lol

As hilarious as this is, I feel bad for both of them, especially the woman. The guy, while obviously inconvenienced and put through hell because of it, can at least walk away eventually (now?) but this woman clearly has real mental problems that she probably will never be able to get rid of. Instead of sending her to jail, they should have her committed and help her.

adamchabbi6
09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I know this is seriously obsessive and I don't want to imagine for a second how much the phone bills costed her. Although, I wish I had a girl who called me several times during the day, so I don't feel isolated like I do now.;) Keeping in mind that when I say several times during the day, I don't mean 178 calls a day like that lunatic woman.

I'm certain that the court will give her a restraining order against the man she constantly called because who knows how far she could go with all those phone calls?

ThreeEyedGod
09-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Bitch must have had a shit load of them rollover minutes

Mi-CroMartie
09-20-2011, 01:12 AM
62 YR OLD WOMAN CALLER?!?!?! WTF?!?!! I just watched this movie cos that is what it's all about!!! Yes, the story is the same except it's a woman stalking a new girlfriend of her ex-husband.. Harassing and bombardment of phone calls as well.. Coincidence isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxUqFgnsHHg

Allycat
09-20-2011, 08:07 AM
^ Lawyers say the 42-year-old woman claimed to be in relationship with the man and denied that her...

Dude, she is 42, not 62( her boyfriend is 62). What does age have to do with it anyway?

But, yes, she is obsessed and as mentioned by a couple others in this thread, obviously in need of treatment for mental health issues.

Barbarella
09-20-2011, 09:09 AM
I can't even muster up the energy to call my husband more than once a day so I don't know how the hell she managed it.

Dronepool
09-20-2011, 05:32 PM
I call my girlfriend 2 or 3 times a day and like it, I understand wanting to be or chat with that person but wow that's a lot, she must have really been obsessed with this dude to put all her time into that.