PDA

View Full Version : Lionsgate Plots Microbudget Remake Of ‘American Psycho’

Norsefire
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Noble Jones, who cut his teeth directing commercials, videos for Taylor Swift and Mary J. Blige, and handling second unit for David Fincher on The Social Network, hopes to make his feature directing debut on an updated low budget remake of American Psycho. Jones, who was Grammy nominated for his documentary 10 Days Out: Blues From the Backroads, is a Fincher protege who pitched the project months ago to Lionsgate, which holds the remake rights. Jones turned in a script about a month ago, but the project has suddenly become buzzed about because it hit the tracking reports that have become the cornerstone of trade reporting. His take was to tap the Bret Easton Ellis novel and turn it into a down and dirty new version that imagines how yuppie serial killer Patrick Bateman would fare in New York today, factoring in how the world has changed since the 2000 film that starred Christian Bale.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni19276890/

At first I thought it was a joke when I saw it on Twitter, remake, the film is only 11 years old! and on top of that, it doesn't even need a remake.

Golden Eel
12-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I refuse to believe anyone could play Bateman better than Bale.

VelvetAIDS
12-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Can we please just kill Hollywood execution style? :l

The Ghoul
12-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I hope it stars Shia Laboeuf and it's in 3D with references to Twitter and Facebook. And I hope that the soundtrack will be full of dubstep "music" :D

Emma
12-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Oh FFS! Seriously, Hollywood, get a clue, STOP REMAKING FILMS! Especially when they are less than two decades old, especially when the original is still perfection and doesn't need fixing!

ShelfLife
12-09-2011, 06:05 PM
^This!

Though it saddens me, I honestly wonder whether Hollywood will get over it's REMAKE-ALL-THE-THINGS phase.

spaceSuicide
12-10-2011, 10:46 AM
I refuse to believe anyone could play Bateman better than Bale..

ThreeEyedGod
12-13-2011, 09:19 PM
I hope it stars Shia Laboeuf and it's in 3D with references to Twitter and Facebook. And I hope that the soundtrack will be full of dubstep "music" :D
GAWD yes! And I hope this won't be a remake but a "dark, gritty re-imagining" with gaga in the soundtrack.

M Tragedy666
01-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I've actually only a few weeks ago seen American Psycho for the first time. I liked it a lot actually, but I guess I felt it was a little over hyped...The things I've heard throughout the years about it kind of ruined it for me, maybe. But damn, Bateman sure had a shitty taste in music!

But no, I really did like it. I'd like to see what else could be done with the character. Maybe there should be a sequel instead of a remake.

Did anyone understand the ending? Was he dreaming the whole time? Or did he actually commit the murders and his elite group of friends covered it up for him?

Shangri-LIE
01-22-2012, 06:13 AM
No. Just no. We already know how what became of Patrick Bateman. He became Batman.

"He's a real cool guy and he's a hero of mine .Now he's Bruce Wayne rolled into one cute son. Less than zero, a Gotham nightmare. Subtly heroic like man bat behaviour."

ImNotJesus
01-22-2012, 06:15 AM
You know, this doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as it did in the beginning.

What I'm hoping is that this is not a remake, but another adaptation of the novel. As brilliant as Bale's movie is, it certainly wasn't that close to the novel as written. If someone could pull off the book, it would be phenomenal.