PDA

View Full Version : What Television Are You Watching?

Pages : [1] 2

S.D.
12-19-2011, 07:27 AM
I split off the Film & TV topic and it is now just for films again [located here (http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/2856-Recent-Films-You-ve-Seen)], I thought it would be cool to separate the two mediums. Post whatever series, specials, comedies, whatever it is you like to watch on the picture-box.

Currently I am taking advantage of Channel 4's 4OD service, and have stepped into the world of Misfits, which is wicked, I really enjoy it. Some of the characterisations can be a little off sometimes, and I am still not convinced by Rudy as a replacement for Nathan in series 3, but the writing is still inventive and the overall black comedy element to it appeals to me most. I also resonate with Simon's character a lot, but am still curious as to what they'll do with his development story... Does anyone else watch this show?

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/winfalcon/tv/misfits.png

Also on 4OD I have watched Phone Shop. I know the whole faux-urban ghetto speak is being lampooned in the show, which I enjoy, but sometimes it can get a bit too much. The most recent episode with Razz Prince being a good example. However, overall it makes people who work in retail and take both it, and themselves waaaay too seriously look like the idiots they are. It's also interesting that phones are by nature, tools of communication, but these characters are all more-or-less inept at proper communication skills.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/winfalcon/tv/phone_shop.png

That leads me onto the more precise social commentary of The Armando Iannucci Shows, which in his classic deadpan, world-weary manner is still biting and acidic nonetheless.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/winfalcon/tv/armando_iannucci.png

Barbarella
12-19-2011, 07:34 AM
On TV last week - This is England '88. Once again Shane Meadows and the cast deliver something really special.

I've read that Meadows is planning This is England '90 and I was a little sceptical thinking how far can he go with this but after TIS '88 I only have high hopes for the next instalment.

S.D. I never really got into Misfits. I watched one episode and found myself disliking just about every character. Perhaps I should give it more of a chance.

S.D.
12-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Hopefully by 2015 he'll have done This Is England 2150, where a resurrected, cybernetically enhanced Thomas Turgoose can fight it out with warlords of the eighth galactic alliance whilst wearing Doc Martens.

Barbarella
12-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Hopefully by 2015 he'll have done This Is England 2150, where a resurrected, cybernetically enhanced Thomas Turgoose can fight it out with warlords of the eighth galactic alliance whilst wearing Doc Martens.
Well you never know ... with the right funding.

Emma
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Black Mirror in Channel 4.

You have got to love the way Charlie Brooker's brain works when he delivers satire in an attempt to show how much the human race has become inslaved to the reality we live in right now. I have only watched the first two episodes, The National Anthem and 15 Million Merits and will watch last nights episode tonight. The one that had the greatest impact was of course the first episode, which showed just how far people were governed by what was on the screen and less about what was around them - but seriously, only Brooker could get away with a PM being asked to fuck a pig live on air.

The second episode was not as strong, although the concept of 15 minutes of fame over integrity was a good idea. Looking forward to viewing the last one.

If you have ever watched his Screen Wipe of read his books you will love this (if you have not watched them already)

S.D.
12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
S.D. I never really got into Misfits. I watched one episode and found myself disliking just about every character. Perhaps I should give it more of a chance.
It's a weird show, the characters do come off as intentionally dislikeable. But then you get a few episodes in and they become strangely compelling, even if you still think they're twats. I thought I would loathe Kelly, but she really develops later on down the line, and although she's still gobby, so does Alisha.
Because I'm a puerile fool I instantly got on with Nathan's character, and on the flipside my occasionally introverted side empathises with Simon. But after series one they're all fairly different people, and the storylines driving that development are really well conceived.

Black Mirror in Channel 4.
Being a fan of just about everything else Brooker has done (including Konnie Huq! ohnohedidnt.jpg), I really need to check Black Mirror. Work's been busy at the moment and I wanted to finish Misfits before getting wrapped up in anything else, but it has me intrigued from the trailers.
Likewise, I've actually not seen any of the This Is England series, not out of disinterest, it's just one of those vehicles I've not had the chance to watch. But I want to, so I should get on that soon.

Barbarella
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Likewise, I've actually not seen any of the This Is England series, not out of disinterest, it's just one of those vehicles I've not had the chance to watch. But I want to, so I should get on that soon.
Yeah, try to if you get the chance. Although the subject matter can be quite dark it is sprinkled with humour and I also think you will totally approve of the soundtrack.

ImNotJesus
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm up to episode 4 of Torchwood: Miracle Day. Loving it so far.

iggy
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Just finished up the last episode of American Horror Story. Brilliant ending, definitely didn't see that one coming.

And since that's over, I need to catch up on the rest of the second season of The Walking Dead.

DecayingSinner
12-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Just finished up the last episode of American Horror Story. Brilliant ending, definitely didn't see that one coming.

That show has been my obsession. I hear for the second season the entire cast and location is being replaced.

Mi-CroMartie
12-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Beavis & Butthead season 9 esp. the finale... Will there be a new one next year?

I really enjoyed the MTV/jersey shore commentaries about herpes, whores, fornicators, gorillas and juices. lol.

iggy
01-08-2012, 04:19 AM
That show has been my obsession. I hear for the second season the entire cast and location is being replaced.

Aw, that sucks. Although, as they left it, it was pretty much Beetlejuice... but creepy.

Norsefire
01-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Some years ago I got Heroes season 1 to watch, probably inbetween a season break of LOST. But I only ever watched half of it and then just lost track and never went back to it. So last week I started Heroes all over again and this time I'm almost at the end of season 1, the bonus this time around is I can probably buy all the seasons now for a lower price of what they would of been if I had followed the series when it was on.

I'm also watching Stargate Atlantis, because I never finished that and I still have the last two seasons to watch for the first time.

iggy
01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Atlantis has to have of the worst series finales I've ever seen. They were obviously going to give it the same treatment the gave SG1 with the straight to dvd movies, but after Universe tanked they gave up :(

Norsefire
01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Atlantis has to have of the worst series finales I've ever seen. They were obviously going to give it the same treatment the gave SG1 with the straight to dvd movies, but after Universe tanked they gave up :(

Yeah they had movies planned, and then they just couldn't do them. It's a shame really for a TV series that ran so long from SG.1 through to Universe and now it's pretty much dead and gone. :( I was hoping at least one more SG.1 film would be made, or the Atlantis films.

Norsefire
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
ALCATRAZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jAlFqvASU

A new show just started in the US. I watched the first two episodes and I expected something a little different. All the prisoners just vanished, but they don't seem too bothered about that and now they're set out to catch them as they come back. I hope over the next few episodes they get more into why they disappeared, where they went etc. I think it will turn into the show I expected it to be from watching the trailer, it's just a bit slow at the start.

Emma
01-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh I've heard aout that, it's a mix between Lost and The 4400

Wll have to give that a go

Norsefire
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
The only part where I can see people would compare it to LOST is that Jorge Garcia is in it and they tell some of the story through flash backs... but it's really nothing at all like LOST so far.

The 4400 popped into my head too when I first watched the trailer.

thedarkhorse
01-20-2012, 07:41 AM
I have been watching BBC's Sherlock. It is so frustrating to have to wait till 2013 for the third series.

DecayingSinner
01-29-2012, 07:22 AM
I tried watching Alcatraz and had to turn it off after twenty minutes. 2 Broke Girls has seemed to catch my interest lately.

Norsefire
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I watched the 3rd episode of Alcatraz, I liked it, but it's just not fucking getting into anything about why the prisoners vanished and are now coming back.
The prisoners don't even seem bothered that they're now living in a world that is very different to what they left, better technology etc. If that was me I would fucking freak out!
Then the people that know these people are coming back don't seem to be really looking into where the fuck they've been. If I was told someone who supposedly died just showed up looking like they haven't even aged a day, I think I would want some fucking answers.

So, Alcatraz, I like it, but I just want them to start getting into some of those areas and stop acting like everything is normal.

S.D.
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I have been watching BBC's Sherlock.

In addition to This Is England as discussed earlier, Sherlock is another apparently marvellous programme I'd not had the chance to see. My father gave me the first series as a Christmas gift and I loved it. Brilliant television, brilliant actors, and a great re-imagining of a classic literary character.
Actually, my ex-girlfriend saw me recently and said I would enjoy Sherlock, and after seeing it, I jokingly asked why on earth she thought I'd be drawn to a brooding, acerbic, black-haired know-it-all like Cumberbatch's Holmes...

Yet another modern wonder I've only just taken the time to explore is Life On Mars. I know the premise, and precisely how it would appeal to someone obsessed with Doctor Who, time-travel, the 1970s, and with a soft-spot for Goodnight Sweetheart, so shoot me for only just having started watching it. Amazing television so far though, I am grateful to a friend for having lent me both series.

Barbarella
02-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Life On Mars
LOM is definitely one of the most enjoyable series I've watched. Gene Hunt has got to be one of the most memorable tv characters in recent years and I love Sam's bewilderment at how things were actually done in the 70's, or more to the point how they actually managed to solve any crimes. It's funny, it's sad. I particularly feel sadness for Sam a good many times especially when he's having one of his "moments". The show is well written and that soundtrack! The soundtrack cannot be topped.

If you have the urge to discuss any aspect of LOM, please feel free. :)

Norsefire
02-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Watched this weeks Alcatraz it was good, but again didn't really fucking get anywhere. I don't know if I will quit it or not.

A new tv show started last night in the US, The River now this looks like it might be good, but also looks like it might be a bit trashy but I'm going to watched the first two episodes and see what it's like.

MisanthroPope
02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I've been watching Lost and nothing but Lost.

Norsefire
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
LOST is amazing. I've watched it start to finish quite a few times now, so right now I'm on a break from it but I've been tempted to restart it again lol. I've watched a few new tv series since it ended and nothing has been as good as LOST.

I started watching The River that started the other night, so that might keep me occupied for a bit.

Peaches
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
30 Rock and Dr. Who and Top Gear! My boyfriend and I are on the 3rd season of Dr. Who already....we both cried like bitches at the ends of seasons 1 and 2. Season 2 ESPECIALLY, I was fucking sobbing with snot running down my face and everything. I've never loved a show as much as I've loved Dr. Who.

(Hey S.D., can I be an honorary british person if I keep watching Dr. Who and Top Gear? :D)

Joker
02-10-2012, 02:10 AM
It's only two episodes through, but Spartacus: Vengeance is already shaping up to be as good as the previous two series. I do miss Batiatus though.

MisanthroPope
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
LOST is amazing. I've watched it start to finish quite a few times now, so right now I'm on a break from it but I've been tempted to restart it again lol. I've watched a few new tv series since it ended and nothing has been as good as LOST.

The show is so crazy. I've never watched anything like it. So many twists and turns. Every episode is like a season finale and a season premiere. Unfortunately, I finished the show. I would have rather had some of my family members die than have this show end. I'm a sad boy.

Watched a few episodes. I think I'm currently an episode or two behind.

The Walking Dead. What a dull fucking show. Bad acting, bad dialogue, and annoying, unlikeable characters. I like drama but none of it is done well and is pointless because I can't get invested in these awful characters. Why do I still watch? I'm a fucking loser?

Barbarella
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
MY SOCIAL NETWORK STALKER

It was on Channel 4 last week.

It concerned a girl who was subjected to a stalking campaign and it eventually transpired that the culprit was her boyfriend.

I should have had sympathy for her but she was so incredibly stupid and blinkered that I found myself having very little sympathy for her at all. Did any UK people see this?

Norsefire
02-27-2012, 06:31 PM
I might check that out in a minute Barbs!

I've been watching a lot of documentaries on 4OD recently, the one about the London underground that was pretty interesting. I also watched the ones on that Katie would got acid poured on her face, there's a series where she goes and meets other people with problems whilst setting up her charity, and then there's some others with a recent one being her getting some work done on her eye that got hit with the acid so she can now see a little bit through it.

Barbarella
02-27-2012, 06:44 PM
I watched that one as well Norse. She's very inspirational and never complains. She just gets on with things and is a good role model for other people who have been through similar horrendous ordeals.

If you get the chance try and watch that doc I mentioned. I'm just interested to see how she comes across to other people.

Norsefire
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
I completely agree about Katie, I think she even says it herself about how it could of changed her life to the worse. She could of locked herself away but she went above it all and just go on it with everything, and I like the way she can actually laugh about things, I'm sure deep down she could get upset about it all but she doesn't really show it.

I've also been watching Coppers and Big Fat Gypsy Weddings on 4OD as well. I never catch shows when they're on the TV, I rarely have TV on unless it's a dvd so I have to catch it all up online instead. Coppers is a good programme.

Going to check out that Social Network Stalker now before I go to bed.

EDIT:
Just watched My Social Network Stalker and it's a completely fucked up situation. Everything her boyfriend did was so wrong and obviously he had some serious issues.
But when she talked about the naked photos of her that he was posting all over the internet, she said he caught her in the bath... but then later it showed a whole range of photos so she must of let him take quite a few more. Then after all that happening, she did a video which also made its way out.
I know she talked about him and his anger, but it makes you wonder why the hell she would stay with him if he was like that, and either she let him take pics and videos or he forced her, if he forced her then again, it makes you wonder why she would stay with someone like that.

Barbarella
02-28-2012, 02:44 AM
EDIT:
Just watched My Social Network Stalker and it's a completely fucked up situation. Everything her boyfriend did was so wrong and obviously he had some serious issues.
But when she talked about the naked photos of her that he was posting all over the internet, she said he caught her in the bath... but then later it showed a whole range of photos so she must of let him take quite a few more. Then after all that happening, she did a video which also made its way out.
I know she talked about him and his anger, but it makes you wonder why the hell she would stay with him if he was like that, and either she let him take pics and videos or he forced her, if he forced her then again, it makes you wonder why she would stay with someone like that.

You see, this is why I found myself having very little sympathy for her.

At University she was studying Computer Science !!

She was completely blinkered to the fact that he was responsible. First of all naked pictures of her (which he had taken) are sent to an adult website. He blames his friend and she falls for it. She is apparently so traumatised by this that she starts trawling through the internet, entering her own name in the search and asks these sites if the pictures can be taken down. Next thing he asks her if she will pose for more nude pics and let him film her engaged in sexual acts and she ... agrees ! These photographs and videos then appear on adult websites. It didn't exactly take a genius to work out who was responsible.

It seemed that only the father of the entire family had a brain cell because he eventually established which IP address these were being submitted from.

Her boyfriend absolutely had no right to put this kind of stuff on the internet and his sentence was way too lenient but in a way I felt she was somewhat the author of her own misfortune.

-----

Did you ever watch "Faking It" on Channel 4? I'm sure 4OD would still have some of those on there. I really miss that series.

-----

I haven't seen the new series of BFGW but I intend to catch up on it. I suppose it's outrageous as ever. I read yesterday that the dressmaker is to get her own spin off show.

The Ghoul
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Watching Rome on blu-ray for the second time, this time with my girlfriend. She wasn't very interested in it the first time around (she watched the first 2 episodes) and now she's hooked. Awesome series!

Norsefire
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
You see, this is why I found myself having very little sympathy for her.

At University she was studying Computer Science !!

She was completely blinkered to the fact that he was responsible. First of all naked pictures of her (which he had taken) are sent to an adult website. He blames his friend and she falls for it. She is apparently so traumatised by this that she starts trawling through the internet, entering her own name in the search and asks these sites if the pictures can be taken down. Next thing he asks her if she will pose for more nude pics and let him film her engaged in sexual acts and she ... agrees ! These photographs and videos then appear on adult websites. It didn't exactly take a genius to work out who was responsible.

It seemed that only the father of the entire family had a brain cell because he eventually established which IP address these were being submitted from.

Her boyfriend absolutely had no right to put this kind of stuff on the internet and his sentence was way too lenient but in a way I felt she was somewhat the author of her own misfortune.

-----

Did you ever watch "Faking It" on Channel 4? I'm sure 4OD would still have some of those on there. I really miss that series.

-----

I haven't seen the new series of BFGW but I intend to catch up on it. I suppose it's outrageous as ever. I read yesterday that the dressmaker is to get her own spin off show.

I completely agree, she should of known straight away that it was her boyfriend doing it all, but after the shit she went through having her photos online and what that did to her you would think she would know any further pics would probably leak out as well.

I did watch Faking it years ago when it was on, and it is on 4OD I see a little banner for it all the time.

I heard about the BFGW dress maker getting her own show, don't know if I would watch that though. The Gypsy's interest me though, it amazes me how they can just pull up with a caravan, get moved on again and again and they can afford to live. Where does all the money come from? lol

Barbarella
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I did watch Faking it years ago when it was on, and it is on 4OD I see a little banner for it all the time.
It was one of the best shows C4 ever did. My favourite was the guy who had to fake it as a bouncer.

I heard about the BFGW dress maker getting her own show, don't know if I would watch that though. The Gypsy's interest me though, it amazes me how they can just pull up with a caravan, get moved on again and again and they can afford to live. Where does all the money come from? lol
Us, the taxpayers I shouldn't wonder.

I don't know if I'd watch her show either. I mean, what more does she have to say.

Norsefire
02-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't know if I'd watch her show either. I mean, what more does she have to say.

I don't know, they could film her doing every individual stitch as she's making a dress, that would fill up a lot of time. BTW if you watch this series of BFGW I think the pineapple and palm tree dresses are shit! I think they're in the first episode, compared to the other stuff she does I would of been disappointed.

Ignite_Midnight
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
The Travel Channel - Ghost Adventures:
I do believe I watch this show mainly for the lawls, the amusement factor allieviates boredom to a degree.

Mi-CroMartie
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Catching up on Walking Dead Season 2.. Last episode is really picking up paces.. Loved the tension within the group.

Dope Box
03-05-2012, 11:30 PM
That 70s Show. Downloaded the whole thing of a pirate website. Its cool!

MisanthroPope
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Snuff Box

Golden Eel
12-17-2012, 02:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HtvY3.png

Para-Noir
12-18-2012, 04:20 AM
Because of Mansons new theatric I started watching Dexter. Ten episodes in two days, lol

brian219
12-18-2012, 08:25 PM
First run, I've been watching the lead up to Fringe's finale. Also, Supernatural, which is pretty okay. On DVD, I've recently watched the first season of The Killing and look forward to picking up S2 sometime soon, and I'm four episodes into Hell on Wheels, which I haven't decided if I like or not.

DecayingSinner
12-23-2012, 05:34 AM
I just started watching Homeland. There seems to be a lot of buzz about this show. After the first four episodes, it's good, but not spectacular.

iggy
12-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Lost! More than a little late, I know.

OneOfTheBeautifulPeople
12-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Dateline NBC

kalim123
12-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm gutted that Modern Family finished. Anyone see the Outnumbered Christmas Special?

OneOfTheBeautifulPeople
12-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm coming for you Rachael LOL
http://www.santacruzghosthunters.com/pet-sematary-zelda[1].jpg

TongueTwistingStorm
12-31-2012, 07:14 PM
NCIS, Person of Interest, Burn Notice, White Collar

At the moment, I don't watch anything live - my parents DVR the above shows and when I visit we'll play catch up. My holiday visit was spent watching six months worth with them. It works out pretty well... we aren't fighting if we're watching TV!

MisanthroPope
01-05-2013, 12:26 AM
The League

Gravity Falls

American Horror Story:Asylum

FeedYourHead
01-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Watching season 1 of American Horror Story. It just went from The Shining to Rosemary's Baby. F for originality.

brian219
01-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm surprised to see American Horror Story come up so much. I tried it but ended up bailing after two or three episodes. Does it get drastically better or or do some of you guys just like bad TV?

OneOfTheBeautifulPeople
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Just got through watching The Donner Party. I'm not sure that I could eat a person of course I say that with a full belly having just eaten lunch.

FeedYourHead
01-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm surprised to see American Horror Story come up so much. I tried it but ended up bailing after two or three episodes. Does it get drastically better or or do some of you guys just like bad TV?

I'm using it to kill time. So, I guess I like bad TV because I agree it's pretty bad.

Toxica
01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
I was saying yesterday that season 1 is kind of lame. I've seen a bit of season 2 and it's a lot better. Of course, I was high, so I may have been extra freaked out..LOL.

FeedYourHead
01-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Watching season 1 of American Horror Story. It just went from The Shining to Rosemary's Baby. F for originality.

lol and now it's The Sixth Sense.

sayyosin
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM
The second season of AHS is better in my opinion. That's what I've been watching.

MisanthroPope
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I guess I do like some bad tv. I still watch The Walking Dead.

DecayingSinner
01-06-2013, 06:58 AM

Season 2 is much better!

Dope Box
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I thought American Horror Story season one sucked ass and I stopped watching after a couple episodes. Guess I will check season two. Hope its not as much of a waste of time.

gunz
01-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Season 2 is much better

Norsefire
01-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Just started watching 666 Park Avenue. I think it's really good, although I did read that it got cancelled so I don't expect it to be good the whole way through, but first and second episode have been great!

FeedYourHead
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Just started watching 666 Park Avenue. I think it's really good, although I did read that it got cancelled so I don't expect it to be good the whole way through, but first and second episode have been great!

!!!!! omg I LOVED that show! In my opinion the pilot was the best of all the episodes, but I still think that for an American primetime TV show it was absolutely wonderful.

yuzukelly
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I've been watching a TON of Dr Phil on youtube, we recently got rid of our cable and we don't have a pair of bunny ears yet for the standard stations :c

Crazy_Baby
01-11-2013, 10:04 AM
I watched American Horror story when it first came out, the first 2 or 3 eps showed some promise but christ they totally ruined it with that stupid blonde kid, absolutely dire by the end. Caught an episode of the 2nd season and didn't like it at all.

I recently re watched a mini series called The Lost Room, there's only a few episodes in it but if you can find it online I recommend watching it, it's an entertaining little scifi story.

Also watching Happy Endings, anyone else watch it? And I always watch a couple of old Simpsons or Father Ted episodes during the week when I'm bored.

I'm also considering re watching Lost again for the first time since it ended, I have the bluray boxset sitting here waiting. I don't know if I've forgotten enough of the story line to do it yet though and I wasn't really keen on the ending-I'm still not sure if I feel totally shafted by it or not to be honest.

Norsefire
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I've seen LOST so many times... I can't even remember. But this year I'm going to try not to watch it at all, take a year off and then watch it all again next year.

!!!!! omg I LOVED that show! In my opinion the pilot was the best of all the episodes, but I still think that for an American primetime TV show it was absolutely wonderful.

I just finished watching it up to where they stopped. Can't wait for the final episodes to air, but I don't understand why it got such poor ratings and lead to cancellation. I loved it and thought it was quite good TV.

FeedYourHead
01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
^ I agree, out of ALL the things to cancel from television...

I felt the same way about "Pan Am" like 2 years ago when it got canceled for seemingly no reason and I watched it obsessively.

Swede
01-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Once Upon a Time I a great serie? Second season on it. I really have some affection about Robert Carlyle's acting since trainspotting and the whole concept of bringing it all into one saga is cool.
http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2012/11/once-upon-a-time-abc-tv-show.jpg

Others are Hell On Wheels also the second season. Just love Christopher Heyerdahl's acting as (The Swede) and I think it's a quite good story.
http://brusimm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Christopher-Heyerdahl-in-Hell-on-Wheels-2.jpg

We also went as far as the first season of Stargate Universe.
I may sound silly but I also like The Mentalist. It's just nice to watch and Simon Baker isn't that bad. Season 4 untill now.

Channels: bbc entertainmentt and knowledge. Whitechapel, QI, TopGear, Antiques roadshow both english and american episodes, yeah so on.
Other than that it's mostly news, yeah I want to keep myself updated.

Crazy_Baby
01-13-2013, 08:55 AM
^ Antiques Roadshow is strangely addictive, I always watch it with my grandad haha. I never knew there was an american one. I've pretty much given up watching the news I prefer to seek it out myself online, does nothing but depress me.

Swede
01-18-2013, 05:03 AM
Yes indeed. I have followed it for a while and eventually I sit here at home on the couch and getting better and better at antique things haha. Yep, that's a majority of older people in every program. One can understand that they want to evaluate their old stuff and it's fun to see when they are pleasantly surprised.

J.Lecter
01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Big Bang Theory! I watch it online since I'm not home in the evening when it's on TV.

MisanthroPope
01-19-2013, 07:20 PM
FlashFoward. I watched the first 7 episodes since last night. I'm going to be pissed when I finish the first and only season. I shouldn't have even started.

MisanthroPope
02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
FlashFoward. I watched the first 7 episodes since last night. I'm going to be pissed when I finish the first and only season. I shouldn't have even started.

I ended up watching all 22 episodes that weekend. Damn shame that show didn't find it's audience. Every episode felt like a season premiere/finale.

I watched all of Terra Nova on Netflix. It was ok, a bit campy but it seemed to be finding it's footing towards the end. TERRIBLE CGI.

Divine
02-05-2013, 04:55 AM
Boardwalk Empire always

MisanthroPope
02-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Watching some earlier episodes of Lost that I missed. Sawyer is so fucking cool.

Allycat
02-11-2013, 06:30 AM
The news, whenever it's on, even the insomniac news at 3 am!

A channel called 'antenna tv': it's older shows. I'm addicted to this!

MMCollector
02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
ive recently caught up on all seasons

Game of thrones
True Blood
Dexter

Next show i need to catch up on is supernatural i have all first six seasons on bluray:)

Dronepool
02-13-2013, 01:59 AM
On season 5 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Just started watching it recently, besides seeing a few random episodes here and there.

Halo Infinity
02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
I actually haven't been watching that much TV lately, but I still happen to watch South Park regularly every season. I usually make sure not to miss it, and I occasionally watch SpongeBob SquarePants whenever I catch it. I'm not exactly a hardcore SpongeBob fan, but I still have to admit that it's sort of like a Rocko's Modern Life that had actually stuck with Nickelodeon for quite some time. (And I loved Rocko's Modern Life.)

Oh yes, and I occasionally watch Family Guy and American Dad too. I still happen to like American Dad just a little bit better than Family Guy though. This thread also reminds me to try to catch Curb Your Enthusiasm every once in a while too.

MisanthroPope
02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Supernatural

House of Cards

Lillith
02-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Supernatural & Burn Notice mostly. Though I do occasionally watch Hoarders/Dance Moms.

Divine
02-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Currently watching Pawn Stars and someone brought in a Marilyn Manson Celebrity Death Match doll

Dysmorphia
02-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Desperate Romantics, it's a six part BBC series that follows the artists of the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood. I love this series, this is probably the tenth time I've watched it, lots of sex, drugs and oil painting.

Allycat
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
I LOVE those old cop shows. I'm watching Dragnet right now. As well, I sure get a huge kick out of current day Cops, which I watch on the fox network.

Allycat
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Desperate Romantics, it's a six part BBC series that follows the artists of the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood. I love this series, this is probably the tenth time I've watched it, lots of sex, drugs and oil painting.

I'd heard of the pre raphaelite period...it was mentioned frequently in a biography of Oscar Wilde's wife I'd read a couple months ago.

kleiner352
03-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Breaking Bad (even though it's in the off-season).

Mad Men.

The Walking Dead.

Been going through Rescue Me on Netflix and have enjoyed it despite it having quite a few issues from time to time.

Have planned on watching American Horror Story but just never got around to watching anything past the first episode (and I really enjoyed the first episode, so I don't really know what's keeping me.)

Every once in a while I'll watch the Daily Show or Colbert Report but not often enough to really say I watch it regularly.

Seinfeld re-runs.

Have been re-watching Sunny and whenever Louie comes back on will watch that as well.

filthytothecore
03-17-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm watching Game of Thrones in anticipation for season 3.

wtfBrad
03-17-2013, 09:46 PM
NCIS marathon on USA Network.

iggy
03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
http://youtu.be/nyKF2qd0-iQ

HeartShapedAsses
03-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't watch TV too much anymore, but the shows I really love when I take time to turn on Netflix are: Star Trek, Heroes, LOST, Solved, and Xena. Kind of dated, but the best shows ever made if you ask me. :)

slappyDUMMY
03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Bates Motel. Seems a little too modern, but I like the fresh take on it while keeping certain elements up in the foreshadowed air.

DecayingSinner
03-26-2013, 01:38 PM
^I've heard mixed reviews on that.

I'm catching up on Nurse Jackie. I saw season one about two years ago and then forgot about the show. Picking up with season two and hope to be caught up the end of the weekend.

E.Banks
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Tuesday, So I will be watching Justified.

J.Lecter
04-01-2013, 01:21 PM
VIKINGS on the History channel online. =)
http://www.history.ca/

DrClitoris
04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I haven't turned my TV on for actual channels in years :/ I only watch films and maybe a show here or there that I ilegally download like a real rebel :P. Lately I've really been into this show: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1439629/?ref_=sr_1

So fucking epic!

J.Lecter
04-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I am sooooo happy happy happy!

Hannibal the TV series just started (April 4th) and iTunes is selling it!! I've already bought the first season even though only two episodes have aired. As the episodes are put onto iTunes they'll be automatically downloaded to my iTunes for me to watch over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . . .

Ironically I took a day off from work the night the show airs on TV so I was able to watch the second episode. The first episode is free to watch/download on iTunes. I don't have anything to record shows and I work at night so buying this series of iTunes is perfect for me.

I'm so happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy!

slappyDUMMY
04-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Todd and the Book of Pure Evil.

kleiner352
04-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I've started American Horror Story and it's good at points and really really cliche at others. Not really sure how I feel about it.

blue angel
04-13-2013, 01:08 AM
I only really watch The Price Is Right and The Bold and the Beautiful. No other tv shows.
I am going to watch Under The Dome when it starts, it looks intriguing. I hope it lives up to it's suspense.

Norsefire
05-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I finished watching 666 Park Avenue today. For some odd reason they aired so many episodes and then stopped it leaving this stupid huge gap before the final 4. I think the US is still waiting for them to air but other countries have now aired them so they're online.

It was a great TV series, I was happy with the way this season ended. It was wrapped up, but if it had gone on for a second season they could easily have carried it on. So I'm pleased it didn't leave fans with a WTF? type ending. Still not sure why this was even cancelled when you look at some of the shit that's renewed on TV these days.

Dellamore
05-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Doctor Who and Sherlock for the time being.

kleiner352
05-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Continuously being disappointed with Doctor Who, being amazed the production value and sheer goddamn talent of Mad Men, waiting on Breaking Bad to come back (really, it was delayed until August now, it may as well be another season), halfway-looking forward to new Walking Dead and just finished the first season of American Horror Story, which was a mixed bag but slanted towards being good more often than not.

Toxica
05-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Is anyone watching Bates Motel?

kleiner352
06-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Just watched the first episode of BBC's Sherlock, and I already see why it's such a beloved show. Pretty much nothing to say that hasn't been said both better and before, but I'm certainly planning on watching the rest very soon.

Also, this season of Mad Men is killing it.

Emma
06-16-2013, 05:37 AM
I finished watching 666 Park Avenue today. For some odd reason they aired so many episodes and then stopped it leaving this stupid huge gap before the final 4. I think the US is still waiting for them to air but other countries have now aired them so they're online.

It was a great TV series, I was happy with the way this season ended. It was wrapped up, but if it had gone on for a second season they could easily have carried it on. So I'm pleased it didn't leave fans with a WTF? type ending. Still not sure why this was even cancelled when you look at some of the shit that's renewed on TV these days.

i tried to watch that when it first started - it was okay but couldn't quite get into it. However I find TV execs are too fickle nowadays and shut down shows too easily.

Im currently watching Continuum on SyFy. Really enjoying it as a show - even better now that Nicholas Lea is in it, reprising his role as Rat Boy (Kyrcheck) from the X Files - at least that's how his new character comes across, so I get to shout "fuck off rat boy" when he co,es on screen.
Also enjoyed the first season of The Fall on BBC 2 with Gillian Anderson. A very different kind of serial killer/cop drama which is so much more intelligent and well crafted. Can't wait till the second series.

Norsefire
06-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm looking forward to Under The Dome (http://www.underthedome.com/). I never read the book, but I think the trailer looks great. And it's based on a Stephen King book, so it should be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Y5YeYrqUk

Emma
06-17-2013, 04:29 AM
^ The book is very good. King draws interesting parallels on the past decade in America. It's a big book, so I hope they do it justice

Dellamore
06-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Finished season 1 of Hannibal. It was fantastic.

yuzukelly
06-22-2013, 02:43 PM
I have been watching so much Gordon Ramsay on Hulu! XD Master chef, Hell's Kitchen ( I used to not like this one so much, but I do now) and Kitchen Nightmares :)

TacK666
06-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Container Wars. About to watch a movie though.

spaceSuicide
06-23-2013, 05:36 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QREGQJKQL.jpg

Norsefire
06-23-2013, 10:47 AM
I have been watching so much Gordon Ramsay on Hulu! XD Master chef, Hell's Kitchen ( I used to not like this one so much, but I do now) and Kitchen Nightmares :)

Kitchen Nightmares are the best! I wish he would come back to the UK and do more here. I like the US version too but it feels like it's all edited and hyped up more which feels a bit more fake compared to the UK version. But then I find a lot of US shows do that, and I've noticed some UK shows started doing it to.... we're doomed!

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Kitchen Nightmares are the best! I wish he would come back to the UK and do more here. I like the US version too but it feels like it's all edited and hyped up more which feels a bit more fake compared to the UK version. But then I find a lot of US shows do that, and I've noticed some UK shows started doing it to.... we're doomed!

IT IS! XD I've only seen a couple of the UK episodes, but he is much more calm in those XD I agree, he's just more loud and everything is a lot more exaggerated I think in the US episodes (or maybe America just pisses him off, lol XD). Did you see the Amy's Baking Company episode? I think that's the calmest he's been in any US episode, but those people were IMPOSSIBLE!

Norsefire
06-23-2013, 12:16 PM
No I haven't, I haven't seen a US one in a few years now, so I probably have a couple of seasons to catch up on?

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh my gosh you have to see it! XD It's the first one where he actually walks out on the people, they couldn't be helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjgHEctcy0

Norsefire
06-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks, I will watch it later this evening. I read about bits of it on Buzzfeed and all the drama on their Facebook page lol.

Norsefire
06-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh my gosh you have to see it! XD It's the first one where he actually walks out on the people, they couldn't be helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjgHEctcy0

That episode is awesome! So much fail from start to finish, I don't even know how they remained open long enough to get on this show. Best quote at the end was "We don't need his help, maybe he knows that" L O L.

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 04:00 PM
LOL! XD :D Oh man, I agree! XD Since she always seemed to get such amazing reviews, I don't get why she even wanted him there in the first place :P lol

Lucille
06-23-2013, 05:04 PM
I've been on a Through the Wormhole kick lately. Morgan Freeman knows all!

Edit: I'm watching that Kitchen Nightmares episode and it's making me so anxious. lol

Norsefire
06-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Just watched the first episode of Under The Dome. Thought it was a good episode to open up the series, can't wait to see how this goes on because so far I think it's going to be great. Loved the way the dome appeared and just sliced everything up in its path.

TacK666
06-29-2013, 11:45 AM
At Moment Workaholics season 3

J.Lecter
06-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Finished season 1 of Hannibal. It was fantastic.

YES! Someone else on this forum has watched Hannibal!

*cough* Then you'll know what my avatar is. ;)

Mugwump
06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Getting into American Horror Story on Netflix. I actually caught myself gasping and saying "Oh my God!" while watching it tonight.

yuzukelly
07-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Watching Chopped on Hulu with my mom right now, and oh my god this episode... I've searched for it randomly in the past with no luck, but mom managed to find it on Hulu xD This guy makes a peach, eel and pea soup, and he managed to pass that round. That really shocked me when I first saw that...

If you haven't seen Chopped, it's a cooking show where the contestants are given a basket with ingredients they must use... and this guy just put them in a soup. XD Peas, eel and peaches...

Alterkaker66
07-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I turned the damned tv off. Which isn't to say I'm not addictied to Netflix etc. Currently catching up on Merlin and laughing at the improbability of any king leading a small group of knights to do whateverthehell......yes, I know it's fantasy!

Golden Eel
07-09-2013, 02:58 PM
http://thenerdsuncanny.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/27456.jpg

MisanthroPope
08-11-2013, 06:23 PM
BREAKING BAD!

kleiner352
08-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Bittersweetly watching the beginning of the end of Breaking Bad. These next 7 weeks are going to hurt so much.

0m3ga
08-12-2013, 06:40 PM
The end of S5E9 of Breaking Bad was pretty intense.

MrBonestripper
08-12-2013, 07:24 PM
breaking bad, dexter

DecayingSinner
08-14-2013, 01:30 PM
I just saw a preview of Jessicka from Jack off Jill is going to be on interior therapy with Jeff Lewis. I'm excited for this.

http://www.bravotv.com/interior-therapy-with-jeff-lewis/season-2/videos/jeffs-clients-are-freaks

Alterkaker66
08-19-2013, 08:56 AM
The second season of Alphas. Everyone else has probably already heard this, but Mansons 'No Reflection" is used in episode 11.

Dope Box
08-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Suits. Waiting for the new episode to come out. I enjoy it a lot.

Game of Thrones. Started watching like 4 days ago and already got to Season 3 episode 4. My favorite characters are Arya, Daenerys Targaryen and the Imp.

MrBonestripper
08-20-2013, 09:29 AM
i'm watching a Toshiba. its got a dvd / vcr combo. yeah it's one of those pieces of shit. of course the dvd player doesn't work, but vhs does, which is great cause i have a stack of 'em.

MisanthroPope
08-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Breaking Bad
Hell on Wheels
Orange is the New Black
Peep Show

Celebrity Killing Spree
08-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Breaking Bad, naturally.

Also, I'm rewatching some old episodes of Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

And for some reason Dexter. Even though there hasn't been a reason to really watch that show in years.

Alterkaker66
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Ripper Street. A police procedural with the look and feel of the last Sherlock Holmes movies (minus the cheezy inventions). Some of the investigative tools may be a little anachronistic but I found it a lot more believable that say, Tombstone.

Dope Box
09-15-2013, 11:15 AM
In anticipation of the new episode of Breaking Bad, this whole past week I downloaded and started watching The Wire. Love it. Deep and engaging storylines with multiple POVs.

Also, Breaking Bad is just about to end and everything. For me, it's been some of the best television I have witnessed. The show has had so many great moments and has been consistently great throughout it's run. It's been wild from the start of season 1 and has only gotten more tense and exciting with every season. I don't think there has been one filler story arc or a insignificant scene or whatever in the whole series. Everything has built up to these final moments. And it's complete chaos now as the end nears. Brilliant TV writing. I am gonna miss it when it ends.

Alterkaker66
09-16-2013, 05:39 PM
In anticipation of the new episode of Breaking Bad, this whole past week I downloaded and started watching The Wire. Love it. Deep and engaging storylines with multiple POVs.

Also, Breaking Bad is just about to end and everything. For me, it's been some of the best television I have witnessed.

I'm having a hard time imagining how they can top the ending of season two. That level of creepy smart writing is amazing.

MisanthroPope
09-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Re watching all of Breaking Bad and of course I watched the newest episode. Only two more left...I'm ready...depression.

Dope Box
09-18-2013, 02:03 AM
I hope the last episode of Breaking Bad is like 2 hours long or something.

MisanthroPope
09-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I hope the last episode of Breaking Bad is like 2 hours long or something.

I think this has been confirmed but the last two episodes are supposed to be 75 minutes long. That's with commercials included, of course.

BlueEyeLens
09-19-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping to catch the re-run of the newest season of Eastbound and Down when it airs on Sept. 29th , since I'll be working that sunday when it airs.

Lucille
09-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow...Dexter had the most depressing ending ever!

MrBonestripper
09-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Wow...Dexter had the most depressing ending ever!

i didn't like it i guess
i tried watching
but i kept getting bored
and distracted

maybe it just wasnt the right time
probably try it again
later

DecayingSinner
09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I honestly haven't heard of Breaking Bad until this season. Is it really that good?

Alterkaker66
09-23-2013, 06:17 PM
I honestly haven't heard of Breaking Bad until this season. Is it really that good?
Definitely! I get really pissed off at writers who work on television scripts that haven't heard that stories are written with a premise, developement and denoument (fancy mispelling for beginning, middle and end) just like any other kind of story. This show is tight. Add great character actors and gritty victim of circumstances twists and it is glued to the tv watching. If you like Sons of Anarchy, this show has the same kind of slow burn but takes it up a couple of notches.

MrBonestripper
09-23-2013, 07:06 PM

wow!
you're pulling our legs!! lol
i cant believe youve never
heard of it until now

you bet yer booty its that good
check it out

DecayingSinner
09-27-2013, 10:20 AM
I saw the first episode... already hooked.

MisanthroPope
09-27-2013, 10:38 AM
I saw the first episode... already hooked.

That's all it takes, guy.

MrBonestripper
09-30-2013, 07:24 AM
BB season finale? anyone?

i thought it pretty was awesome
a little surprising
wasnt too sure where
it was headed at first

definitely way better than
dexter finale

CellarOwl
09-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Haven't seen Dexter since S03 and it'll still take a while to sink in, but the BB finale was satisfying. Thought it felt safe... didn't see any surprises from a show that's always been about expecting the unexpected, but Vince Gilligan didn't fuck it up or damage its legacy and that's pretty incredible. Anyway, glad that BB ended before it started slipping, because the show started taking more liberties in Season 5 and I'm not sure it could have continued much longer... but right now it's the most perfect example of what TV is capable of, and I don't know if anyone will top it.

Mi-CroMartie
10-01-2013, 06:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1001739_553326944732158_1798452917_n.jpg

Almost hooked instantly as much as when TSCC Season 1 came out in 2008...

Agent Coulson lives and behaves with a bit of panache for dry humor and calculating smart-ass attitude that's almost like he's gonna take Nick Fury's job and he feels like he has that Charlie's Angels vibe attitude and add that to Agent Zed's persona in M.I.B.

Consider this show as a sub follow up to the Avengers' movie itself.

Alterkaker66
10-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Really liking Agents of Shield too. The only thing I miss is a character to do a 'Hulk smash' but I guess kicking ass and blowing things up will do.

Mi-CroMartie
10-05-2013, 05:08 PM
2nd episode had me officially hooked to this show when SAMUEL FUCKING L. JACKSON Nick Fury shows up

Marked out there.

Mi-CroMartie
10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdAFyZuD5_w

Still remember this, guys?

MisanthroPope
10-08-2013, 10:24 AM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I started watching Sons of Anarchy last week and I'm about half way through season 3. I don't love it but it's an entertaining show with some enjoyable characters.

I tried to watch the season premier of Revolution but turned it off. I can't believe I watched the entire first season. This is such a terrible show.

BlueEyeLens
10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Sons Of Anarchy
Eastbound And Down (the final season)
Bones
Big Bang Theory re-runs
Supernatural

Allycat
10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Dennis The Menace. Next up: Hazel.

Allycat
10-09-2013, 11:31 AM
I started watching Sons of Anarchy last week ...

I love this series. I'd rented the 1st season via Netflix perhaps a year ago. I'd like to rent the rest of the series at some point.

Alterkaker66
10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I love this series. I'd rented the 1st season via Netflix perhaps a year ago. I'd like to rent the rest of the series at some point.

I really enjoyed this series at first. Then the characters began reminding me of people I know and it got a little disturbing.

gunz
10-09-2013, 07:15 PM
American Horror Story

Alterkaker66
10-19-2013, 05:14 PM
It's official. I hate Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I really hate Disney. And the only thing saving Once Upon a Time is
Mr. Gold/Rumplestilltskin and maybe Pan and definitely Manson doing voice over.

Norsefire
10-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Game of Thrones.

The start of the first season was a bit random, but I guess it set up the characters and stuff and I was hooked after a couple of episodes in. Just starting season 2 and trying not to read anything that might spoil it since I'm so behind.

MisanthroPope
10-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Sons of Anarchy
South Park
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Supernatural - I'm tempted to stop watching. So sick of the Angel/Demon stuff and the show peaked 4 or 5 seasons ago.
Chappelle's Show
AHS:Coven

I really like it. I'm about 3/4 through season 5 right now.

Game of Thrones.

The start of the first season was a bit random, but I guess it set up the characters and stuff and I was hooked after a couple of episodes in. Just starting season 2 and trying not to read anything that might spoil it since I'm so behind.

Avoid Season 3 spoilers at all costs!

thedarkhorse
10-24-2013, 11:18 AM
I have been watching Orphan Black, I liked it so much I am watching it all over again.
I made a noble attempt to watch Eastbound and Down but the American humour sadly went over my head.

MrBonestripper
11-08-2013, 07:50 PM
watched married with children the other day
havent seen it in a while

a friend introduced me to
its always sunny in philly

and

archer

DecayingSinner
11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Halfway through season 3 of Breaking Bad. Can't stop watching.

TrainWreck96
11-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Me and the missus just finished watching the season finale of Master Chef Junior. Next we're going to tackle season 2 of Game Of Thrones.

TrainWreck96
11-11-2013, 11:02 PM
It's official. I hate Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

I'm with you. I gave up on it after the first episode. I was hoping for a fun show but it just feels like the cheesy kid sister of Once Upon A Time, which you could argue it is, but yeah...

MisanthroPope
11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
AHS:Coven
Sons of Anarchy
And I almost polished off the first season of The Shield in a day.

Lucille
11-18-2013, 09:58 PM
I watched all of Once Upon a Time over the past few weeks. I feel pretty disgusted with myself lol. It's absolutely terrible, but for some reason I really enjoy watching it. It feels like the sort of show you would watch and love as a kid, but then find out it's actually awful when you grow up and watch it again.

Also started marathoning Masters of Sex today, and am almost caught up. It's pretty good, even though I hate most of the characters, but I guess at least they're interesting. It really makes me happy I don't live in the 50's. lol I recommend it.

spaceSuicide
11-28-2013, 08:00 PM
http://cbscwpittsburgh2.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/arrow-poster.jpg

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120617205328/breakingbad/images/4/42/Season_2_dvd.jpg

BlueEyeLens
11-29-2013, 09:33 AM
I haven't watched any shows for a long minute lately, been too busy getting my shit packed up and ready to be liberated into my new pad.
Even then I still won't be watching tv, because fuck cable, and because, I'm going to be working on projects and transforming myself- you're about to see a new fucking star.

Dope Box
11-29-2013, 10:02 AM
That picture of the Breaking Bad DVD brings back so many memories. It's the best TV show, or anything with a story, I've ever witnessed in my short 23 year old life. I urge anyone who hasn't watched it already to give it a try. The first season is a little slow but it picks up, and when it does it's the best thing ever. Watch it.

DecayingSinner
11-29-2013, 07:16 PM
I am on the last two episodes of Breaking Bad. It is definitely one of the better written shows and leaves me begging for the next episode, which is a difficult task to accomplish. Six Feet Under is still my favorite series, but this is definitely second or third.

Now that I finishing Breaking Bad, I just started watching The Following. For being a primtime, major network show in the U.S., it pushes the boudaries. It's a good series. Not sure how far it can go, but definitely enjoying what I've seen.

Alterkaker66
11-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Really liked The Following. Because it was primetime fair there were some elements that had to be sanitized. Pretty damn cohesive series for what it is. Watch it through and see how you feel about the end. I wanted more...

DecayingSinner
12-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Really liked The Following. Because it was primetime fair there were some elements that had to be sanitized. Pretty damn cohesive series for what it is. Watch it through and see how you feel about the end. I wanted more...

I just finished the finale. Seriously!?!?!?! That ending leaves me begging for more. Thank god I only have to wait a month.

Alterkaker66
12-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Has anyone watched the Hulu series Misfits? Same subject as Alphas and Tomorrow people with more humor and less logic. I'm enjoying it.

TrainWreck96
12-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Has anyone watched the Hulu series Misfits?

I signed up for Hulu Plus two days ago and have Misfits queued up. First I want to get through some of the Michael J. Fox show, which I'm enjoying so far. My only problem are his kids (Doc's line from the end of Back To The Future is going through my head). At this point I'm not sure if his family needs a little retooling or if the characters just have to grow on me. But I like the rest of the show enough to keep going with it.

Alterkaker66
12-09-2013, 08:59 AM
I use Hulu free and Netflix. THe only thing that pisses me off is CBS. You can't find repeats of Castle unless you buy the DVD or are in the current season. I have a good pirate source, but the servers are sloooooow. Hope you enjoy Misfits when you get to it. I haven't watched anything but movies that MJ Fox has down since Family Ties. Sentiment/generation, never revisit what you did as a "youth", I don't know.

Alterkaker66
12-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Jeeves and Wooster. I can't say that I enjoy reading P.G. Wodehouse but Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry in their prime are a must watch. Hysterical. If you only know these actors from House and Bones give it a try. They are even better as a team. The whole series is available on Hulu free for the time being.

MisanthroPope
12-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Started watching Six Feet Under. Hilariously grim show.

DecayingSinner
12-29-2013, 11:55 AM
^Still my favorite show of all time. My grandmom passed away in October and my mother and I were referencing quotes from Six Feet Under during the funeral.

MisanthroPope
01-08-2014, 10:47 PM
The Six Feet Under series finale was absolutely amazing. Based off Michael C. Hall's perfect performance I have decided to give Dexter another shot. I watched a few episodes years ago and didn't care for it.

Lucille
01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Sooo excited for Archer Vice! :D

Alterkaker66
01-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Lilyhammer, season 2. Rediculous premise and plot twists but great characters. Who knew "Little Stevie" Van Zandt was so fucking funny?

MisanthroPope
01-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Lilyhammer, season 2. Rediculous premise and plot twists but great characters. Who knew "Little Stevie" Van Zandt was so fucking funny?

I have Netflix so I've been thinking about watching that.

I'm on season 7 of Dexter.

S.D.
01-24-2014, 04:43 AM
I usually do a marathon of The Sopranos once every year or two. I'm nearing the close of series five.

Going through the entire run at a pace, you realise that although the narrative trundles along from episode-to-episode, there are occasionally really important, subtle episodes that are meant to stand out, even if they don't feature a major plot device. The two I've recalled this run both involve flashbacks, namely Down Neck and In Camelot. They're divided by a lot of other episodes, but in both we experience memories of Tony Soprano's upbringing in the '60s and '70s.
I think it was really wise of David Chase to decide against bridging the gap between seeing Johnny Soprano as a younger man, and hearing of his death in 1986, because there's this murky period where Tony stops being a child and becomes an adult, seemingly with his father more-or-less absent. Although much is made of the surviving Livia Soprano's psychosis and instability as an older woman before her death, the flashbacks reveal a more damaged, neglected figure, left at the mercy of Johnny's drinking and whoring. That's where the space between the two episodes is filled. Tony's eventual revulsion by his father's ageing mistress during In Camelot is executed perfectly, and from the housebound, sexually alert Livia, to the empty depiction following her miscarriage, we start to see a multitude of factors contributing to her later misery.

I love The Sopranos, and I look forward to seeing it through to the finale once again.

Shock Hazard
01-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Been trying to get through Sons of Anarchy and finish Breaking Bad. I think I'll try American Horror story next. Gotta rely on DVD though.

Norsefire
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
American Horror Story

Just about to finish season 1 which has been great! Reminds me of older horror, parts remind me of The Shining because of the living being in a place where ghosts are at the same time and the way they cross over. Also the maid, how she's seen as a younger woman but is actually an old fucker, reminds me of The Shining and the bathroom scene.
Also the stuff about wanting a baby and then planning to take the baby away from the mother and all that stuff, not the same but it did remind me a little of Rosmary's Baby.
So I guess this season was inspired by some good horror films, or themes just run close sometimes.

DecayingSinner
01-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Can't wait to hear what you think of season 2 of AHS. The finale of season 3 is this week and this season has been very good, but my least favorite so far. Season 2 is stil the best.

MisanthroPope
01-26-2014, 12:28 PM
I love season 1 of AHS. Season 2 wasn't very interesting to me but was saved by some great characters. I really like season 3 but I've let myself get way behind. I'll finish it up when I finish Dexter.

spaceSuicide
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Season one of AHS is my favorite, to be completely honest.

Dellamore
01-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Eh, American Horror Story has too many issues with me personally.

MisanthroPope
01-27-2014, 01:29 AM
The show has personal issues with you?

MisanthroPope
01-27-2014, 10:12 PM
True Detective.

YoureAlreadyHere
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEi68CeE5eY
I don't know if this counts as "Television", but I found it very intriguing up until the "avatar" bit.

MisanthroPope
02-02-2014, 10:42 PM
The IT Crowd - Here Comes The Internet

I had been waiting for this forever. Can't believe I missed it last September. I will miss this show so hard.

Lillith
02-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Supernatural {mainly for the X-Files jokes} & American Horror Story.

Lucille
02-15-2014, 06:37 AM
House of Cards!! Probably the best show since Breaking Bad...maybe better. :O So excited to come back from work today and finish binging through the 2nd season. It's fucking incredible! I'm contemplating starting a thread.

Alterkaker66
02-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Small confusion Lucille, is this an American/Canadian version of the old UK series with Ian RIchardson as Urquhart? Swear to god, my ex and I would raise an eyebrow and quote "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment." at work so often it only took the eyebrow to break me up.

spaceSuicide
02-16-2014, 10:09 AM
http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/43396427303_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG

Norsefire
02-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Started Season 2 of American Horror Story yesterday, it's fucking good stuff! I'm only half way through and there's been so much going on, as much as I liked season 1, I think season 2 is far better.

Golden Eel
02-16-2014, 11:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wn1POtA.jpg

True Detective on HBO. Holy shit this show is good.

MisanthroPope
02-17-2014, 01:48 AM
True Detective on HBO. Holy shit this show is good.

Didn't watch tonight's episode but I totally agree. Matthew McConaughey is killing it. Love his character.

YoureAlreadyHere
02-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Small confusion Lucille, is this an American/Canadian version of the old UK series with Ian RIchardson as Urquhart? Swear to god, my ex and I would raise an eyebrow and quote "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment." at work so often it only took the eyebrow to break me up.

Was going to say I watched the first 3 episodes of House of Cards - Second Season yesterday ; my bob, they are all so clever... Frank & Claire Underwood :Evil. Deliciously savage.

I googled your suggested tie in, and yes, this is the American version. Thank you so much for speaking up.... now I have something else to watch. =)

DecayingSinner
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Just got into Bates Motel this past week. Pretty darn good. I'm going to finish up the first season in time for the second.

spaceSuicide
02-23-2014, 11:15 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z31gBJ91k_c/T_dP-P3gPrI/AAAAAAAAFWM/aCbgCUuxBKk/s1600/Eastbound+&+Down+-+Season+2.jpg

Alterkaker66
02-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Just watched season one Bates Motel myself. Would have loved it to be a period piece, but it was still good.

Terrapin
02-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Top Gear is easily my favorite show these days. It's informative, highly thrilling, downright hilarious, and solely about stuff that I thoroughly enjoy: Cars, cars, and more cars. Thank you, Netflix, for giving me 18 seasons to enjoy.

http://wallpaperswa.com/thumbnails/detail/20121225/cars%20top%20gear%20lambo%20lamborghini%20aventado r%20aventador%201680x1050%20wallpaper_wallpaperswa .com_90.jpg

Alterkaker66
03-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Hell on Wheels. Probably revisionist start to finish, but interesting anyway. The moral ambiguity plays well.

Alterkaker66
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
The Returned (Les Revenants) series. Only season 1 available for now, can't wait to see how they keep the story going without *spoiler alert* turning into typical zombie fare.

BlueEyeLens
03-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Sons of Anarchy is my shit. I really want to see the new season, and hear Manson's new music being playing in some episode.
For the time being... I'm a Supernatural freak. That show is all kinds of badass.

BlueEyeLens
03-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Top Gear is easily my favorite show these days. It's informative, highly thrilling, downright hilarious, and solely about stuff that I thoroughly enjoy: Cars, cars, and more cars. Thank you, Netflix, for giving me 18 seasons to enjoy.

http://wallpaperswa.com/thumbnails/detail/20121225/cars%20top%20gear%20lambo%20lamborghini%20aventado r%20aventador%201680x1050%20wallpaper_wallpaperswa .com_90.jpg

The Lamborghini Aventador (spelling?)- is the loudest car on earth. I've seen it. On youtube. also it's my favorite fucking car, ever.

Alterkaker66
03-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Sons of Anarchy is my shit. I really want to see the new season, and hear Manson's new music being playing in some episode.
For the time being... I'm a Supernatural freak. That show is all kinds of badass.
The back and forthing of SOA is beginning to wear on my credulity. Keeping a dozen plot twist balls in the air is a mighty hard task that the writers have done well with, but eh.... Supernatural is my all time favorite. They have left their own sandbox a time or two with so-so results but overall I like the inner logic. I am resisting watching it from the begining again until the series actually ends. Which it should be getting close to, lets not milk a good thing too long. I would really like to see the fans deluge Robert Plant with pleas for a Led Zep song for the last episode, and maybe an appearance.

MisanthroPope
03-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Are you guys watching the current season of Supernatural? I didn't even finish the season premiere. So sick of the Angels and Demons stuff. Is it better than season 8? Because that was just terrible. I only want to watch because I love Sam and Dean.

Norsefire
03-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Just started American Horror Story : Coven, two episodes in and I think this is great!

spaceSuicide
03-09-2014, 04:38 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LHRpGliUIb0/UAh4_zHqY9I/AAAAAAAACLE/IxOQx36_7lc/s1600/dexter_season_one_cbs.jpg

Mi-CroMartie
03-10-2014, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb5tdqplTqQ

Finished watching the premiere! Man, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, WHY U NOT MY SCIENCE TEACHER?!?

Allycat
03-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Cosmos. I was riveted to mY little 13" tv...this latest series is masterful. Incredible computer graphics...and the host is superlative in his narration...

spaceSuicide
03-12-2014, 03:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/Hannibal_key_art.jpg

DecayingSinner
03-12-2014, 03:07 PM
^It was absolutely amazing. Makes you think and is hard to wrap your mind around how small we really are. Looking forward to this series.

spaceSuicide
03-14-2014, 10:10 PM
^It was absolutely amazing. Makes you think and is hard to wrap your mind around how small we really are. Looking forward to this series.

I found the first season cheap and I like odd shit, crime shows, serial killers and horror so I figured I'd dig it. On topic….

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/d0/3a/772ac060ada06c66d18bf110.L.jpg

spaceSuicide
03-20-2014, 09:37 PM
http://www.undertheradarmag.com/uploads/review_images/Dexter-Season-3.jpg

Moving along.

Alterkaker66
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Are you guys watching the current season of Supernatural? I didn't even finish the season premiere. So sick of the Angels and Demons stuff. Is it better than season 8? Because that was just terrible. I only want to watch because I love Sam and Dean.
I think it's better than the Leviathans, but still shaky on internal mythology/theology. I'm watching for Crowley as much as for the boys these days.

wtfBrad
04-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Been watching the new USA series Sirens since it's started. Really liking it so far.

Norsefire
04-05-2014, 02:28 PM
I wasn't crazy about the season finale of The Walking Dead. It didn't leave me wanting more, it just left me thinking what the fuck was that? Rick's closing line just made me laugh as well. I was really hoping for something bigger to happen and be left hanging and wanting the next season. I'm still going to continue watching it, but I just don't think it's as good as it was.

Looking forward to Game of Thrones starting again this week. :D

Alterkaker66
04-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Anyone watching Defiance? I think they bought out Spielbergs props from Terra Nova. Haven't totally fracked it up yet, but if you can do in Battlestar Galactica....

spaceSuicide
04-20-2014, 07:22 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/Eastbound%26Down_Season3_Poster.jpg

Shock Hazard
04-21-2014, 12:39 AM
Been trying to get into Game of Thrones. Not bad once you get past the politics.

yuzukelly
04-21-2014, 06:01 PM
I've been watching Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. Man, I am all about Trailer Park Boys right now lol

Kalika
04-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Ducky Dynasty....anything that involves the Property Brothers. (they've got different shows going on, I can't remember the names)

Shock Hazard
04-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Just catching up on the last season of Big Bang Theory and finishing up Breaking Bad at last.

spaceSuicide
05-04-2014, 09:30 AM
http://www.serieshidef.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DEXTER-SEASON-5.jpg

Scorpion
05-05-2014, 12:55 PM
God, I miss Dexter. It was such a good show, overall. These days I'm trying to watch Game Of Thrones (so far, kinda boring, but has its moments) and Salem (so far, kinda boring, but has its moments [2]).

spaceSuicide
05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
God, I miss Dexter. It was such a good show, overall.

I own all seasons on DVD. Feel free to watch through the window, just don't be a creep about it. :p

Golden Eel
05-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Been trying to get into Game of Thrones. Not bad once you get past the politics.

That's the sole and entire point of the show. There's literally nothing left 'past the politics'. What the hell are you talking about?

Lillith
05-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Reruns of Burn Notice, Friends, Supernatural.

FuckmanQ
05-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Downton Abbey.

Alterkaker66
05-11-2014, 07:36 PM
The Fades and Bedlam. The Fades is left open for a sequel, and Bedlam should have stopped at season 1. Also the first episode of Penny Dreadful, which has great atmosphere but a puzzling mosh-up of characters for something non-Disney.

spaceSuicide
05-18-2014, 05:59 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Dexter_S6_DVD_Cover.jpg

Scorpion
05-21-2014, 06:38 AM
Anyone watching Salem? It's getting interesting. I watched 4 episodes now, the pilot is thrash-tier in comparison to the rest. It got me sucked in, mainly the 4th episode.

Allycat
05-25-2014, 03:54 AM
I'm watching Wings, a sitcoms from the early 90's, rented on DVD from Netflix.

Btw, I'm wondering what happened to The Dome, based on Stephen king's novel of the same name. It was on late last summer, and didn't seem to have any kind of closure. Hope it'll return this year.

spaceSuicide
05-27-2014, 07:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/True_Blood_Season_1_DVD_Cover.jpg

Catching up for season 7.

kk_15
05-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Reruns of 'Parks and Recreation', I just love the improvised acting and Amy Poehler's character, so overly moral and correct.
Reminds me of 'Curb your Enthusiasm' which I fuckin' love.

spaceSuicide
06-05-2014, 05:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Dexter_S7_DVD.jpg

FeedYourHead
06-05-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm about to start Sons of Anarchy and OH DEAR GOD ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK SO SOON OH GOD OH GOD I CANT.