PDA

View Full Version : Backstage

FeedYourHead
02-23-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure if this warrants a a whole thread, but I can't sleep cause I can't stop thinking about this and I'm not sure where else it belongs.
If one is "hypothetically" contemplating how to get a backstage pass at a show, would it be a better idea to dress in a way that the venue security guards/employees would find aesthetically pleasing, or in a way that would amuse the band/manson? Who is it that needs to be impressed, exactly? Also if it helps, i'm female.
And this is all hypothetical, of course.

FeedYourHead
02-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Also, I know it's not just looks, it's respectful behavior as well.

smokeweed
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
It's just looks, seriously.

I saw Ginger at the back of a MM gig in 07' and as I approached I noticed he was giving away back stage passes to good looking women. Had a quick chat and then let him get back to it. True story.

Dunno who's job it is now but keep an eye out. You'll also likely to find the band (minus Manson in my experience) at the hotel bar after a gig.

Tigger
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Seriously, if you want to get backstages passes either flash/flaunt your tits or act as if once you get back there you're gonna turn into the biggest whore there.

SpaceGhost
02-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I think I would have a shot at getting backstage based on looks, but I'm not really looking to be a groupie so ehhh. Is it purely a sexual thing, or could there be just like a chance to hang out & meet the band?

Tigger
02-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Well, its looks. You don't have to be a whore, dress like a whore, or act like a whore if you're really good looking.

=)

SpaceGhost
02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks, that answers my question. :)

Golden Eel
02-26-2012, 11:41 PM
I think we'll need pics to judge your chances.

FeedYourHead
02-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah I have no intention of actually being a whore but i'll definitely dress like one for such an occasion.

FeedYourHead
02-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Post a photo of your self! :D

Haha maybe when it gets closer to April and I narrow down the options more, I'll post and ask for advice. Maybe.

Seven
02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I know everyone is right but it pisses me off so much when bands behave that way with the whole 'no head, no backstage pass' attitude - and it pisses me off when young women fall for it. Do not buy into it, keep your self respect. It really isn't that big a deal to meet the band, it isn't as tho they are going to sit down with you and get into anything meaningful. Dress how you always dress, fuck to em if that isn't good enough.

[/feminist rant]

FeedYourHead
02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I know everyone is right but it pisses me off so much when bands behave that way with the whole 'no head, no backstage pass' attitude - and it pisses me off when young women fall for it. Do not buy into it, keep your self respect. It really isn't that big a deal to meet the band, it isn't as tho they are going to sit down with you and get into anything meaningful. [/feminist rant]

I agree. It's really, really fun to have an excuse to dress up though. Plus, I wouldn't actually be DOING anything. They can make all the assumptions they want. If it came down to it, like "give me head or no backstage pass," I would walk away.
But I really enjoy dressing up, even if very little clothes are actually involved.

Enigma
02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I know everyone is right but it pisses me off so much when bands behave that way with the whole 'no head, no backstage pass' attitude - and it pisses me off when young women fall for it. Do not buy into it, keep your self respect. It really isn't that big a deal to meet the band, it isn't as tho they are going to sit down with you and get into anything meaningful. Dress how you always dress, fuck to em if that isn't good enough.

[/feminist rant]

I completely agree. If I was a woman I wouldn't like to meet someone who only judges me for the looks. Like Seven says, fuck them if they're so superficial, because if you fall in their game you become even worse than they are. I just don't get why a girl would pay with her body just to meet a member of any band.

Enigma
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Enigma do you like to fuck?◕ ‿ ◕
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3bfCWE_E784/TxsofjOa3QI/AAAAAAAAEaE/PzchBvcAY0o/s320/troll-face.png

The question is; do you like to be fucked?

S.D.
02-27-2012, 12:00 PM
'Backstage' is now my new favourite word for the female anus.

smokeweed
02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Don't waste your time with Twiggy either, go straight to the single members of the band if you happen to see em.

02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Its about who you know. Or who you blow.

SpaceGhost
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't know why I'm actually opening myself up to scrutiny like this. I blame sleep deprivation.

Face:
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/pacificcoasthighway/4a95e31e.jpg

Body:
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/pacificcoasthighway/IMG_0438.jpg

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/pacificcoasthighway/DSCN0112.jpg
^ Please ignore my face in this, I look like a baby without eye makeup. (The point being that if it's all about tits, well. :P)

SpaceGhost
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Sure, suggestions?

AssetReign
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I read over on Manson Wiki that Manson's girl friend is with him on this tour.

SpaceGhost
02-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Those are cute ideas. I might try out blonde hair; you're right not to suggest black, that looked terrible on me!

Aphrodyte
02-28-2012, 04:08 AM
All this sounds like my wet dreams, only that there it's never clear how I got backstage to begin with!

In all seriousness, looks are not my problem, but I think I lack the confidence of 'go and get it' a lot of other girls will surely have (this is England! also) - not many chances for me.

Seven
02-28-2012, 04:43 AM
You are a beautiful young woman. If you tart yourself up you WILL give the impression that you are a desperate tarty fangirl who will do anything and that is how you WILL be treated. Manson and the band show zero respect for anyone who does not respect themselves and never have. The best way to be taken seriously and to get a nice chat and autograph is to just turn up with a big smile on your face and a cd to be autographed and hang around waiting for them to turn up. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise.

Golden Eel
02-28-2012, 05:01 AM
If I was a hot chick, I'd be using my looks to get all sorts of shit.

TheTeletubbieFlasher
02-28-2012, 07:36 AM
@seven
Not true, see Manson doesn't give a shit if you dress as a tart or not. He treats everyone with the same respect. If someone wants to fuck you it doesn't matter if you are wearing a long dress or a baggy sweat shirt. The intention is still the same.

TheTeletubbieFlasher
02-28-2012, 07:38 AM
@spaceghost
I think that red would look the best! :D

Seven
02-28-2012, 08:47 AM
@seven
Not true, see Manson doesn't give a shit if you dress as a tart or not. He treats everyone with the same respect. If someone wants to fuck you it doesn't matter if you are wearing a long dress or a baggy sweat shirt. The intention is still the same.

lololol - so young and so naive.

Dave said it - who you know or who you blow.

TheTeletubbieFlasher
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
lololol - so young and so naive.

Dave said it - who you know or who you blow.

I'm not young nor Naive. I have hung out with Manson since 1999 backstage for a series of years. I never slept or messed around with anyone. The buss/buses always had lots of women on them, and most of the time nothing naughty was happening. YOU ARE FAIL!

smokeweed
02-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm not young nor Naive. I have hung out with Manson since 1999 backstage for a series of years. I never slept or messed around with anyone. The buss/buses always had lots of women on them, and most of the time nothing naughty was happening. YOU ARE FAIL!

Post photo or it didn't happen!

Golden Eel
02-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Post photo or it didn't happen!

Why does everyone suck so bad at this?

It's 'pics or it didn't happen.'

Seven
02-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Yeah pics or it didn't happen...

I guess you could get her a backstage pass too huh?

petticoat
02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Great pics! (lol, looks like someone got TOLD!)

I am curious if anyone with sort of average looks ever ever ever gets backstage.

Imail724
02-29-2012, 06:10 PM
If I was a hot chick, I'd be using my looks to get all sorts of shit.Dude, my tits would never be in my shirt!

Seven
03-01-2012, 03:03 AM
Yes, they are nice pics. Like I said, do not tart yourself to get a pass - and if you got one without tarting yourself up you shouldn't tell someone else to do it. They mostly hand them out to hawt young girls, so turn up with a smile and a cd and hope for the best.

@petticoat
Most bands hand out passes and they mostly go to the cute girls unless the band knows you from somewhere or you are with someone they know. Otherwise you will have to perform sexual favours with a monkey to get one. Guys are always complaining that they don't often get them.

TheTeletubbieFlasher
03-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Great pics! (lol, looks like someone got TOLD!)

I am curious if anyone with sort of average looks ever ever ever gets backstage.

I don't consider my self above average, so yes! I have seen women of various sizes backstage. When I was backstage it was different every time.

TheTeletubbieFlasher
03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Also, I bought a Vinyl record at hot topic months in advance and took it to Ozzfest 2003. I carried it around all day, and I was so happy that Manson signed it for me. Manson had not seen the vinyl records of his art/single at that time, I was the first one to show him. :D I will post photos soon! :D

adamchabbi6
03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Speaking of getting backstage, I think I read somewhere online after meeting Manson at the HMV signing in 2009 that he picked some of the hottest girls to stay behind until he finished his signing with the fans. Afterwards, I think they were invited to his after party later in the evening.

So yeah, it seems as though any attractive girl who is spotted by Manson's band is always welcome backstage or to after parties. Although, I wonder how male fans would have a chance to go and hang out with the band backstage?

FeedYourHead
03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm having a hard time finding something to wear that would give me a good shot of getting backstage but also not inevitably leave me naked in the pit by the end of the show lol

I have the really short skirt part down, but the crop top/tube top/etc options are all a bitch to be wearing in the pit.
Same problem with shoes :/

petticoat
03-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't consider my self above average, so yes! I have seen women of various sizes backstage. When I was backstage it was different every time.

Hm, well, we'll see, I suppose. I'm not setting my sights on it, but it'd be cool. Looking forward to more pics of your meeting him. Vicarious works for me pretty much :)

smokeweed
03-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Good proof. Thanks

Christina
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm not hot, but do you think if I throw my leg at Manson on stage that he'll let me backstage to give it back to me??

LOL!

TheTeletubbieFlasher
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm not hot, but do you think if I throw my leg at Manson on stage that he'll let me backstage to give it back to me??

LOL! He loves prosthetic limbs so he might just keep it. He is nice, so I would assume he would return it. Just put your name on the leg with a phone number and a message that reads (if found on a Marilyn Manson stage please call this number immediately so that I can walk home.) Thank you for your time.

Christina
03-18-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't imagine I'd get it back... atleast not in one piece. Besides, didn't his love for those things die down around 04?

beyondthepale
05-05-2012, 07:40 PM
if you really want to try and get backstage it's not that hard- you shouldn't have to do anything vulgar unless you choose to do that or put yourself out there like that. just go up to anyone that you see wearing an all access pass (laminated around their neck). hang out around the soundboard. go up to them and say hey, are you giving out passes tonight? the worst they are going to say is no. you might get lucky and get a pass. something to keep in mind-just because you get a pass doesn't mean you will meet manson. it might just be the band. also if you get a pass be aware that it will be a LONG night. after the show you wait til they call everyone back , then they organize everyone into usually tables and then you wait some more for the band and or manson to be ready to meet people.

Whisky And Speed
05-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Manson doesn't meet anyone anymore BTW.It isn't 1995 or even 2001 anymore as he turned out to be this reclusive guy or that inaccessible ,difficult guy that would never meet.

that's what I have noticed and It's not hard to notice it,Just note the difference between now and 1996 or even 2003.

beyondthepale
05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Manson doesn't meet anyone anymore BTW.It isn't 1995 or even 2001 anymore as he turned out to be this reclusive guy or that inaccessible ,difficult guy that would never meet.

that's what I have noticed and It's not hard to notice it,Just note the difference between now and 1996 or even 2003.

are you saying that its harder to meet manson now then it was in the past? it probably is. you have a better chance of chatting wtih manson if you've already met him, i believe. that is why i said that a lot of times you end up meeting the band.

Tinuviel
06-02-2012, 06:58 AM
I can't help it - this thread makes me feel ugly.

beyondthepale
06-10-2012, 10:12 AM

Aw, why?

suphiafilos
06-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Yeah, me too =/

DecayingSinner
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
are you saying that its harder to meet manson now then it was in the past? it probably is. you have a better chance of chatting wtih manson if you've already met him, i believe. that is why i said that a lot of times you end up meeting the band.

I got backstage a few times during the GGG tour, and I am male. Manson showed two out of the four times. It was a lot of waiting around and once the band shows up, they usually spent most of their time talking to a few people. I had a backstage pass in 2003, but we just left after the show.

beyondthepale
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I got backstage a few times during the GGG tour, and I am male. Manson showed two out of the four times. It was a lot of waiting around and once the band shows up, they usually spent most of their time talking to a few people. I had a backstage pass in 2003, but we just left after the show.

Aw, you didn't even try in 03! First time I went backstage was 1999. Manson was there. It was great. I think if someone is at a show that he knows he spent time alone with them and therefore didn't show up at the after show. I spent some time alone with him before. I don't even think they do "after shows" anymore. Manson always has a girlfriend on tour with him so he probably doesn't mess with it unless he has friends there or something.

Lillith
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM
The best thing you can do to get backstage is to wear/do something memorable and persistent as hell {make sure you go to as many shows as you can, loiter by the bus's} but not be an ass about it. I mean I got on the band bus because I was waiting with a group of friends and we made promises of of lap dances. The second time I met him was being in the right place at the right time at the Showboat. It also helped a great deal that I have a very attention grabbing & prominent necklace.

zlatna.
07-23-2012, 11:46 AM
all i know is that i am bear-hugging this elusive motherfucker at least once before he stops touring altogether, giant intimidating security guards and scowling girlfriends be damned.

AssetReign
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I heard Teena planted herself in front of the tour bus, refusing to move, offering up anything and everything to Manson, but all it got her was being forcibly removed by a cop.

Incarnate
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
I find that the best way backstage is to be "beautiful and damned simply as a still life." And it pleases the man/band/god...All the elements intact, and the angles of the first dimension becomes the substance of the third. "She had eyes like Zapruder and a mouth like heroin."

FeedYourHead
11-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Every time someone posts in this thread I have to fight the urge to kill myself.

Tater
11-27-2012, 10:01 PM
I read this thread and just
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls542zKeVS1qbdxog.gif

(I still love you FYH <3)

FeedYourHead
11-28-2012, 01:56 AM
Haha I had the chance to delete this thread a while back and I chose not to because I thought it was epically hilarious, especially because it was like my first post ever, but I kind of regret that decision. =/

Lydia
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I find that the best way backstage is to be "beautiful and damned simply as a still life." And it pleases the man/band/god...All the elements intact, and the angles of the first dimension becomes the substance of the third. "She had eyes like Zapruder and a mouth like heroin."
How about just being yourself? That might make the most sense.

AssetReign
11-29-2012, 02:18 PM
As far as I know Manson's never had a relationship with anyone he's met backstage at one of his shows so, if that's your ultimate goal, you can probably forget about that happening.

FeedYourHead
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Lol I don't think that was anybody's goal.

AssetReign
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
^ Maybe not yours, but there are definitely girls who think if they can get backstage they're going to end up in a long term thing. I see it all the time.

Toxica
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey, if I had a few more screws loose, it would be mine. Alas, I'm not that delusional :P

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Lawl. This thread came back again.

The very idea of wanting to get backstage is painstaking to me, and yet the overwhelming majority are so interested in doing so. More of that inane celebrity worship which plagues this world. I don't know what kind of payoff people are expecting to receive in their lives, but if someone actually gets something of substance out of being backstage then they really need to double-check their priorities. It usually has nothing to do with the art, it seems mainly about sapping off the celebrity. There's a few people in the Manson community who have been guilty of this for years. I'd find it hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Make your own life. Stop trying to live off the status of others.

ThreeEyedGod
11-29-2012, 03:43 PM
ye ol' suck and fuck

Toxica
11-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to meet someone you respect, admire, take inspiration from, etc. I think it becomes a problem when it consumes you and/or makes you go to any length to do so. Whoring yourself out should not be an option!

Lydia
11-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Stop trying to live off the status of others.
If I couldn't leech off other people's success, I'd die. 0_0

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to meet someone you respect, admire, take inspiration from, etc. I think it becomes a problem when it consumes you and/or makes you go to any length to do so. Whoring yourself out should not be an option!

Yeah, I can see what you're saying. Unfortunately it becomes such a huge grey area between wanting to meet someone in order to shake their hand appreciatively, and those who make meeting a celebrity an absolute priority to hang out backstage just because they have special status. Either way, it's not going to give your life any more meaning than it had before. These people are humans just like you. I understand people get excited, but it's mostly a sad way to live.

My apologies if anyone got offended by that last post. I fully understand I'm in the minority here. This topic is just ridiculous to me and I tend to treat it that way. People are always welcome to give their own opinions.

FeedYourHead
11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
If somebody did or created something that completely changed your life, meeting them would be one of the most meaningful experiences you could hope for.

lol also, can i make a request that when people are done talking about this specific topic, that this thread be locked and then burned?

Toxica
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I can see what you're saying. Unfortunately it becomes such a huge grey area between wanting to meet someone in order to shake their hand appreciatively, and those who make meeting a celebrity an absolute priority to hang out backstage just because they have special status. Either way, it's not going to give your life any more meaning than it had before. These people are humans just like you. I understand people get excited, but it's mostly a sad way to live.

My apologies if anyone got offended by that last post. I fully understand I'm in the minority here. This topic is just ridiculous to me and I tend to treat it that way. People are always welcome to give their own opinions.

Nah, I wasn't offended. I think you're right overall. A lot of the things said on this thread are bullshit :D
Just trying to understand why someone would want to meet any celebrity, and putting my own feelings in it. I'd love to meet the band, but not for the same reason most would. I'm not going to lie and say I don't find Manson attractive, but that would not be my motivation..lol.

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I understand that this means a lot to people, yet I don't understand why. I'm under the opinion that you should respect focusing on the art; not the artist. Especially when considering Manson's messages over the years. It's another reason I don't care for candid shots of celebrities (and we have threads dedicated to this). What exactly does it offer anyone's life out of meeting and hanging around celebrities? If people are willing to explain that, it'd be helpful.

FeedYourHead
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't care about celebrities. I just learned who Robert Downey Jr. is last night. I care that this man did something that changed my life. I would react the same way towards a college professor if he/she influenced me on the same level that Manson has. When people meet him at shows it's never "omg I'm with a celebrity" or "omg he's so famous" it's always "wow, this is the man who got me through all those rough times" etc. Nobody cares whether or not he has "star power" or lives in Hollywood or whatever. Nobody thinks that talking to Manson makes them famous or more important than anybody else. If you love what the person is doing and it has so drastically affected you, I don't see why you wouldn't seize the opportunity to meet that person and convey appreciation.

Toxica
11-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I understand that this means a lot to people, yet I don't understand why. I'm under the opinion that you should respect focusing on the art; not the artist. Especially when considering Manson's messages over the years. It's another reason I don't care for candid shots of celebrities. What exactly does it offer anyone's life out of meeting and hanging around celebrities? If people are willing to explain that, it'd be helpful.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it would be just to meet someone like minded that I also happen to appreciate as an artist. I find myself looking around every day and literally seeing nothing but emptiness behind people's eyes. It's uplifting to me to know that there are others that are intelligent, creative and share the same 'values'. It's not a NEED for me though, it would just be nice.

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Sure, anyone can change your life. Meeting them isn't going to change what they've offered you and it's not going to affect their lives whatsoever. Seems to make much more sense to take their message away and run with it. Making priorities to meet/hang around these people constantly, which goes directly against this group's overall message, seems ridiculous to me. Many people over the years have not shown appreciation for what these guys did for their lives, a lot of it looks like leeching off that celebrity status. "Look at me, I've hung out with the band!" "Check out all these cool pictures of me with the band!" These kind of people go so far and beyond showing appreciation for someone's art and message that it defeats the point.

I'll take your word for it, but I still don't see where you're coming from. Meeting celebrities still seems very empty and superficial.

FeedYourHead
11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I'll take your word for it, but I still don't see where you're coming from. Meeting celebrities still seems very empty and superficial.

Seeing as what I just described is the exact opposite, I don't think you're even trying to understand what I'm saying. I don't think anything anyone could say would make you change your mind or be any less negative.

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
And I countered your argument with why it doesn't work as an explanation. I'm trying to understand it, but you're not giving me much to work with. I'm not being negative to be negative, there's just stuff that doesn't make a shred of sense when considering importance of life in general.

Toxica
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
It's not about 'meeting a celebrity'. Just because he's a celebrity does not make him less of a human being. It's simply meeting someone you respect. Isn't it our goal to surround ourselves with people you respect? If you were friends with him before he was a celebrity, is it not cool to want to hang out with him anymore because he's a celebrity?
I guess I'm trying to say that not everyone that wants to meet him or the band (or anyone else for that matter) does it simply for the status, or masturbation of it all. Some of us genuinely appreciate the man BEYOND his status.

FeedYourHead
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Sure, anyone can change your life. Meeting them isn't going to change what they've offered you in life and it's not going to affect their lives whatsoever.
I don't believe anyone is trying to or even thinking that they can change or affect Marilyn Manson's life, so, that plays no role here whatsoever.
Meeting them won't change what they've offered you, but that's a good thing. Why would meeting the artist change what they've done for you?

Making priorities to meet and hang around these people constantly, which goes directly against this group's overall message, seems ridiculous to me.
That's not the case at all. Nobody goes to a show wanting to meet Marilyn Manson more than they want to see and enjoy the actual show.

The way I've seen people over the years is not showing appreciation for what these guys did for their lives, a lot of it looks like leeching off that celebrity status. "Look at me, I've hung out with the band!" "Check out all these cool pictures of me with the band!" Those kind of people are doing much more than showing appreciation for someone's art and message.
So... if you do something that's really meaningful for you and is an awesome experience, you wouldn't want to have pictures of it, and then share those pictures? What's the point of sharing any pictures of anything then. If you have fun at a party and you took pictures, you share those pictures. If you had an incredible time at a show and actually had the privilege to meet the person who made it all possible, you fucking share those pictures.

Like I said already, the fact that he is considered a celebrity is 100% irrelevant. Completely and utterly irrelevant. If nobody else had ever heard his name before, I would still hold him in the same high regard that I currently do, and be just as nervous and excited about meeting him

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
It's not about 'meeting a celebrity'. Just because he's a celebrity does not make him less of a human being. It's simply meeting someone you respect. Isn't it our goal to surround ourselves with people you respect? If you were friends with him before he was a celebrity, is it not cool to want to hang out with him anymore because he's a celebrity?
I guess I'm trying to say that not everyone that wants to meet him or the band (or anyone else for that matter) does it simply for the status, or masturbation of it all. Some of us genuinely appreciate the man BEYOND his status.

What tangible use are they getting out of this? These people don't know the man behind the status no matter how much they believe they do. They are usually wanting to meet these people because of their status and because of the art. They want to show appreciation, and I can agree with that somewhat. Too many people take it a few steps further than that and allow it to become a priority in their life to hang around these people. This mindset is not offering them anything to further their lives in a respectable way. It's giving them an excuse to follow too much into the entertainment industry and lose focus on what truly matters in life. A life where they should take the message of really living it and making their own way. It's a superficial and empty path to surround yourselves with these kinds of people who tend to forget that by obsessing over following celebrities around for whatever insignificant gain they are hoping for.

I don't believe anyone is trying to or even thinking that they can change or affect Marilyn Manson's life, so, that plays no role here whatsoever.
Meeting them won't change what they've offered you, but that's a good thing. Why would meeting the artist change what they've done for you?
What are you getting for yourself through making a priority of hanging around them then? That's what I'm asking.

That's not the case at all. Nobody goes to a show wanting to meet Marilyn Manson more than they want to see and enjoy the actual show.
Look what thread we are in. People obviously make a priority out of getting backstage and meeting him. They are even willing to pay extra to do just that.

So... if you do something that's really meaningful for you and is an awesome experience, you wouldn't want to have pictures of it, and then share those pictures? What's the point of sharing any pictures of anything then. If you have fun at a party and you took pictures, you share those pictures. If you had an incredible time at a show and actually had the privilege to meet the person who made it all possible, you fucking share those pictures.
It's ok having pictures of things you've done. The people that flaunt these things everywhere is what gets to me. They are screaming out to the world that they've met this celebrity and are hanging out with them. It's playing off their association with the celebrity status. Too many people are masturbatory in this way, and social media further flaunts that. Congrats, you've met a celebrity who means a lot to you. Tell me how much more meaning your life has now you've gotten that out of the way.

Like I said already, the fact that he is considered a celebrity is 100% irrelevant. Completely and utterly irrelevant. If nobody else had ever heard his name before, I would still hold him in the same high regard that I currently do, and be just as nervous and excited about meeting him
This makes sense. The person means something to you. Meeting them will still offer not much more than throw-away feelings and useless memories on your part since nothing came out of it. It serves no greater purpose or gain. The people out there who go out of their way to meet these celebrities again and again and again look ridiculous.

FeedYourHead
11-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Too many people take it a few steps further than that and allow it to become a priority in their life to hang around these people. It's giving them an excuse to follow too much into the entertainment industry and losing focus on things in life which truly matters. A life where they should take the message and make their own way. It's a superficial and empty path to surround yourselves with these kinds of people.

Who are you even talking about? I don't know a SINGLE Manson fan who has ever been into the notion of celebrities or tabloids or fame as a concept on its own.
And in terms of just Marilyn Manson, again, who are you referring to? Because I have never met any of these people of which you keep speaking. And I've met a LOTTT of fucking people at a lot of fucking Manson shows.

Terrapin
11-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Who are you even talking about? I don't know a SINGLE Manson fan who has ever been into the notion of celebrities or tabloids or fame as a concept on its own.
And in terms of just Marilyn Manson, again, who are you referring to? Because I have never met any of these people of which you keep speaking. And I've met a LOTTT of fucking people at a lot of fucking Manson shows.
There's huge groups of fans that make a giant priority out of meeting Manson for every show and hanging around backstage. I've been around for years and this is certainly not a new notion. You wanting me to specify anyone removes us from the entire point here. It certainly doesn't take long to find them.

My stance stands that instead of taking Manson's message and making their own life, there's fans out there far too focused on insignificant celebrity hangouts. Even if it is with someone who means a lot to them, like Manson himself, this doesn't really change the overall idea. You say these interactions are somehow important, and I simply see it the exact opposite. Overbearing hero/celebrity worship is the real problem, and such a stupid one at that. Expending energy toward something so inane is essentially holding huge groups of people back from more of their real potential. To these individuals, I'd say to learn from the man by doing something important with your life. Stop trying to hold him, or anyone else, on such a ridiculous pedestal and create something exciting all your own.

Cringeon
11-29-2012, 05:32 PM
When all your wishes are granted...