PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games...

Mi-CroMartie
03-16-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgssLmsOa2s

The author of this "best selling novel" even claims she hasn't seen or read the Battle Royale franchise and denies it as a blatant rip-off.

*head desk*

P.S. I already saw Battle Royale back in college days. And I'm gonna pass on this.

Hazekiah
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't know shit about the books but I'm DYING to see this if for no other reason than to finally figure out why this drop-dead hot bitch keeps throwing the Cub Scout salute up at me, lol.

twiggysrabies
03-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I've read the books, and I have to say, it reminded me more of Lord of The Flies than Battle Royale. Anyway, the story was good, the character development was not terrible, and I wanna see the movie.

Sans Agendum
03-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Looks like a half assed girly version of Running Man. Pass.

What the hell is Battle Royale?

Hazekiah
03-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Haha, "The Running Man for teenage girls" was EXACTLY what I told my mom when she asked wtf this movie was, lol.

Aphrodyte
03-17-2012, 05:49 AM
It's funny, I thought of the Running Man too when I've seen the trailer randomly (and it seemed quite interesting), but then they started dancing and shit and teenage girls are creating a Twilight-like craze over it so I'll probably pass.

iggy
03-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Come on , wouldn't you like to watch movies that aren't worse than AIDS for once?

iggy
03-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Looks like a half assed girly version of Running Man. Pass.

What the hell is Battle Royale?

It's terrible.

Lucille
04-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I bitched about this a while ago before I read the first book. It was alright. I was entertained. And while there are some big similarities to Battle Royale, this story really is more than that. I haven't seen the film and I've been trying my best to avoid any trailers or pictures because I don't want the characters imagined in my head to be replaced by the actors. I heard the movie was alright but nothing spectacular.

And Iggy, Battle Royale is amazing. You shush now. ;P

adamchabbi6
04-07-2012, 04:38 AM
I was curious to see this film but I decided to pass, since the BBFC cut about 7 seconds to give it a 12A instead of an uncut 15 rating.

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/latest.htm

Sans Agendum
04-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Saw it. Was alright. Not worth rewatching though. VERY predictable. Especially the constant twists at the ending. I kept muttering what was gonna happen next and making my date (and other people around me) laugh. It really wasn't very impressive. A good movie and that's about as much credit as I'll give it. Nothing remarkable. I have not read the books and probably won't. Nor will I attend any sequels to this mediocre big budget slop festival.

I can't even count how many times I've muttered "What a load of bullshit" during scenes in movies that are intended to be dramatic or emotional and had people around me burst into laughter.

Joker
04-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Upon walking out of this film, I heard a woman say to her friend, "Oh, it was so romantic, wasn't it?"

You, my dear woman, have completely missed the point of this film. Your stupidity improved my day.

Mi-CroMartie
04-13-2012, 02:44 AM
^ walking out, as in you didn't get to finish the movie half-way right?

Mugwump
04-13-2012, 10:44 PM
I hadn't seen any previews for this, but I knew about the comparisons to Battle Royale before watching it. I liked it as a movie. I look forward to seeing where the story goes, though I think I heard the director is choosing not to return for the sequel.

You people sound really pretentious and cynical for the most part. How many of you actually referred to The Hunger Games as a "film" in this thread?

:D

rusty shackleford
04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
I haven't seen the film but I read the series....not what I expected but in a good way I suppose. Anyone else read the book?