PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers

SatanBakesale
04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I saw this about a week ago. And HOLYYYY SHITTT. If you were expecting a silly popcorn flick be prepared to be fucked in the titssssss. It WILL break The Dark Night records in every way :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoHPNeU9fc

Mi-CroMartie
04-19-2012, 10:09 PM
This'll come out next Wednesday!! Yes yes yes, I will fucking see it.

ThreeEyedGod
04-19-2012, 10:20 PM
kewl.

A not horrible looking Hulk.

Dysmorphia
04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Scarlett Johansson in a spandex suit, I am so there.

The Empirical Guy
04-19-2012, 10:36 PM
^ Everything she said is absolutely applicable to me.

Dronepool
04-20-2012, 12:09 AM
It comes out the day of my Manson show... so either midnight showing or I wait... probably wait til Saturday or Sunday... I'll see.

Joker
04-20-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm really looking forward to it, and it's released the day after my exams here. Nice. Still, more excited about The Dark Knight Rises, truth be told.

R_Flagg
04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
One of my most anticipated movies this year.

Golden Eel
04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
I like RDJ, but no Edward Norton? Come on!

R_Flagg
04-21-2012, 02:42 AM
^Apparently Ruffalo is the best Hulk so far.

DecayingSinner
04-21-2012, 09:42 AM
I definitely will be seeing this, but I also have to say I am anticipating The Dark Knight Rises much much more.

Emma
04-24-2012, 02:09 AM
We have tickets to see this in real 3D the weekend after next. I'm not sure if it will be any good, to be fair the Iron Man movies have been the best out of all the characters involved in the Avengers series but it seems like the kind of movie that would be best viewed on the big screen.

CellarOwl
04-24-2012, 06:43 AM
It looks pretty silly. I don't like getting fucked in the tits.

Mi-CroMartie
04-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Tomorrow, I'm gonna see this cos my local cinema mall DID NOT HAVE ANY OTHER movies in their features schedule except this one.. ALL 4 CINEMAS showing this ONLY one movie... How fucking total pwnage box office would that be?

I think I'm gonna like Scarlett Johansson as a superhero Avenger despite her movie roles lately are dramedy stuff.. Oh well... OMNOMNOMNONM.

PostHuman98
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Heading to the midnight showing on May 4th. Can't fucking wait!

Mi-CroMartie
04-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Finally saw this... And goddamn, best fucking movie ever!!! Much better than the solo versions of Thor and Capt. America put together... Stay tuned for an extra ending after the mid-credits during the display of the cast and film production sequences...

And I think I saw As Brad pointed out, it's THANOS!!.. Anywhoo pay attention cos it's only a side view of his head smiling devilishly.

There are few LOLZ moments:

1. When Thor was talking to Loki on a mountain somewhere and he barely started speaking and Ironman slams into him.

2. When Ironman speaks to Thor in Shakespearean English and asks him why he was wearing his mom's drapes.

3. When the Hulk and Thor were fighting together and they sort of end up standing side-by-side upon "defeating one of their enemies" and the Hulk punches Thor out of the camera shot. So random!

4. Whenever Captain America pops on screen. I'm not a fan of the ski mask he wore. It made me giggle.

And the scene that had the entire theatre in stitches:

5. When Loki and the Hulk confront each other and Loki was in the middle of his "I won't let anyone bully me" speech when the Hulk grabs him and slams him on the floor back and forth!

SatanBakesale
04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Cause yo tits to small to be fucked

Mi-CroMartie
04-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Cause yo tits to small to be fucked

Speaking of fucked tits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q-Am5AVQ_-8#!

ImNotJesus
04-26-2012, 08:24 AM
I saw The Avengers today.

Holy shit. Like...Holy Shit!!!

This film is just fucking brilliant. It is beyond words. Somehow Joss Whedon (director) has managed to give every single character development and depth, while maintaining breathtaking action scenes and incredible effects.

Mi-CroMartie
05-01-2012, 05:24 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/the-avengers-gets-its-first-negative-review-reviewer-subjected-to-nasty-comments/2012/04/26/gIQASIGMjT_blog.html

Oh fuck this... :/

Mi-CroMartie
05-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Someone just posted a review saying there's a FUCKING 2ND ENDING AFTER THE END CREDITS?!? WHY AM I NOT INFORMED about these things? Since it came out last month.. I already had 2 viewings and I still hadn't seen it..

And the reviewer says the 2nd ending didn't add anything to the story, it only provided a little chuckle and lol moment.. I don't know what scene it is.. SO, please spoiler tags for that one.

SatanBakesale
05-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Eh you're not really missing anything. It's just the team sitting down eating some lunch. Kinda laughing at all the geeks that stay after every Marvel movie.

Mi-CroMartie
05-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I noticed in the ending Iron Man mentioned eating in a Schwarma restaurant

And someone just told me that the 2nd ending is only available for the U.S. version not the international one. :/ Oh well.

thedarkhorse
05-05-2012, 02:19 AM
I absolutely loved it, but I am mystified by the hulks magically expanding trousers.

The Empirical Guy
05-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Haha! That's always got me as well, even when I was a kid and there was Hulk cartoons on TV... so he grows so much his shirt rips open, but his pants magically expand to conceal the giant green monster's decency?

thedarkhorse
05-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Perhaps they will address the issue in the next installment.

DecayingSinner
05-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I just got back from seeing the movie and I have to say it was rather disappointing. I was expecting something "more" and the ending seemed a little too much like the recent Transformers. Definitely worth the watch, but The Dark Knight Rises looks much more promising.

Mi-CroMartie
05-05-2012, 07:21 PM
There's NOTHING "MORE" to be expected from a basic storyline of a superhero flick... That's all. :/

Dronepool
05-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Still haven't seen it, meh. I can wait a bit. I'm waiting to see this my great friend/ex-gf... probably sometime in the next week. It looks good but at same time hoping it won't be too cheesy. I just hope it's as good as the hype says it is, Iron Man 1 was very good (for a Marvel movie) but the sequel and all the others (Hulk, Thor and Cap) were either mediocre or pretty good- but not really "great".

Amazing Spider-Man/DKR sorta look more interesting, but I guess I'll see when I watch all 3 eventually.

Emma
05-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Saw it last night. I think they got this one right. Joss Whedon did a great job of putting together the characters from various recent movies and marrying them up with the energy of the Iron Man movies - it was intense, action packed, funny. Loved it. Really liked it.

CellarOwl
05-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Definitely a 3D flick, and normally I hate that shit but this was legit entertaining.

Interesting to see though how they tried to make all of these superheroes relevant again. They're all classic examples of Marvel characters, but most of them are outdated and seem silly saving the world in the 21st century as opposed to the 1940's or 50's. It's kinda like Manson, he's still cool but as a public bogeyman he exists purely in the 90's. I'd like to see a movie that focuses on their relevancy in the modern world and public outcry/opinion about their role, but that's going a little too Wes Anderson for a blockbuster.

As a film itself: silly, overblown and empty, all surface value like any blockbuster, but well done--especially for Marvel. It got a bit Transformers-y, but I'm really glad they stuck it in Joss Whedon's hands because it turned out pretty dynamic. The characters played off each other really well and reminded me a bit of what he did on Buffy.

I liked all of the tight ass-shots on Scarlett. Her ass is like the pinnacle of what we can do with 3D technology on film.

ThreeEyedGod
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
It was decent. The Hulk is gnarly.

I didn't like the flying airship setting.

MisanthroPope
05-07-2012, 11:18 AM
It was a really fun theater experience. I was really happy to see that an awesome Banner/Hulk was delivered!

ThreeEyedGod
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes, seeing the HUlk in this movie makes me wish they could create a new flick that lives up to expectations.

JesseKane
05-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I now know that a lot of you people on here can't not be happy with anything.. how can you not like this movie?? It was fucking awesome. I am not a superhero movie fan but this movie was so much fun. I loved Thor last year and now this movie. Maybe I am coming around when it comes ro movies liek this.. so good.

Mi-CroMartie
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Easy. either they don't like comic superheroes cos they never read them or probably some comic fans prefer DC characters much more than Marvel. That's all. :p Or they don't like the idea of heroes in spandex/outfits that resemble like wrestlers and whatnot. or at best it's because all of the comic stuff in Marvel does have that too much "feel good" moments and happy endings much like any other childhood fantasy we grew up of reading it before bedtime.

JesseKane
05-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Easy. either they don't like comic superheroes cos they never read them or probably some comic fans prefer DC characters much more than Marvel. That's all. :p Or they don't like the idea of heroes in spandex/outfits that resemble like wrestlers and whatnot. or at best it's because all of the comic stuff in Marvel does have that too much "feel good" moments and happy endings much like any other childhood fantasy we grew up of reading it before bedtime.

I watch movies like A Serbian Film, Martyrs, Inside and Frontier(s). It is nice to have feel good movies sometimes. I am 30 now and it was one of the more enjoyable movie I have seen this year. I do not like wrestling and could not name one DC comic book but I know this movie kicked major ass. Only comic book movie I liked better was The Crow. And maybe that has changed. Thor was awesome as well.

The Empirical Guy
05-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Interesting to see though how they tried to make all of these superheroes relevant again. They're all classic examples of Marvel characters, but most of them are outdated and seem silly saving the world in the 21st century as opposed to the 1940's or 50's. It's kinda like Manson, he's still cool but as a public bogeyman he exists purely in the 90's. I'd like to see a movie that focuses on their relevancy in the modern world and public outcry/opinion about their role, but that's going a little too Wes Anderson for a blockbuster.

Actually I think it could be done, and would be quite interesting. The brushed on it a little towards the end, with a few brief comments from some members of the public/ media/ politicians about how they were as responsible for some of the damage to the city as they were for saving it. I think that could easily be expanded in to something where they struggle for relevance in the modern world with so much bureaucracy and political red-tape on things (especially as that is kind of a major character point for Captain America), but you're right, it would probably be more of a film for the comic fans than a high-action blockbuster scooping up box-office records. I think it could be good though if done in the right mix of drama/ action... this film was already going there in a way, as there was quite a bit of 'getting the team together' before they got to the big action sequences, so no reason it couldn't work if done well.

I liked all of the tight ass-shots on Scarlett. Her ass is like the pinnacle of what we can do with 3D technology on film.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562632_334712299930807_105927722809267_855483_4236 69431_n.jpg

kleiner352
05-14-2012, 07:13 PM
I loved it; as a comics fan I think they nailed it in terms of pleasing fans and still keeping it open for newcomers. It was a ton of fun, and really balanced out character development and just big action scenes well. It was light, and hilarious, and they did the Hulk the most justice I've seen on-screen yet. I adored Mark Ruffalo as Banner and Downey Jr. as always killed as Iron Man (let's face it, the man practically lived as Tony Stark). Everyone in the theater had a great time, and I can't fucking wait seeing as how the sequel will be goddamn THANOS.

Mi-CroMartie
05-14-2012, 08:43 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4122038_700b.jpg

Next is Dark Knight!!! Yep, the pic says it all.

Emma
05-15-2012, 02:47 AM
^ Love it. I think this year is a really promising year for some decent movies to spend the money at the cinema for. Hopefully Avengers 2 is already boiling away as an idea now!

Mi-CroMartie
05-15-2012, 02:51 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553470_379546208749222_155009564536222_933321_7064 70944_n.jpg

Oh man!!! :P I wonder if Scarlett has a habit of kissing her co-stars on set in any movies she's in. :p

FeedYourHead
06-09-2012, 09:26 AM
BIG thank you to Hazekiah for taking me to see this - SO HAPPY I finally got to go! My favorite detail in the film was astutely pointed out to me by Haz... Iron Man is totally wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt.
Made my day.
Haz also pointed out a LOT of other interesting things about the film and made a whole bunch of connections that I otherwise would have totally missed. Hopefully this post will nudge him to make an inevitably gigantic post wherein he imparts a fraction of his vast Avenger wisdom unto us.