PDA

View Full Version : Disengaged and Are you the rabbit? Similarities

paulvee
04-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Halfway trough disengaged (to be more precise at 1:40) i tought he was going to sing "and the hands of my clock are starting to shake", is it just me or that part is very similar to Are you the rabbit?

04-27-2012, 05:11 AM
I disagree man... I haven't heard it ..:S

04-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh my god, I heard it.... Yeah ... Real similar. Song is in the same key, and he sings a similar way, with similar effects processing. Good ear!!

Whisky And Speed
04-27-2012, 05:15 AM
they have the same beat but disengaged is not bass guitar dominated like are you the rabbit.BTW, I like are you the rabbit, one of my favs.

Skull
04-27-2012, 05:39 AM
I agree it's similar, which is just a coincidence I guess considering that Twigs rather tends to "rip himself off" than others. Did you notice that Hey, cruel world's bridge was VERY similar to Little Horn's one? The first 2 and last 2 chords are the same, + similar guitar tones and strumming rythm.

paulvee
04-27-2012, 05:45 AM
I agree it's similar, which is just a coincidence I guess considering that Twigs rather tends to "rip himself off" than others. Did you notice that Hey, cruel world's bridge was VERY similar to Little Horn's one? The first 2 and last 2 chords are the same, + similar guitar tones and strumming rythm.

EMDM was written by manson & tim skold :D

04-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Nah - I think it is just his style man. I don't think it would be a conscious thing. Even if it were, let's just be happy he is ripping stuff from Antichrist and not THEOL!

04-27-2012, 06:04 AM
EMDM was written by manson & tim skold :D

If you read that and understood it as Skull intended you would know that he clearly knows that.

Sans Agendum
04-27-2012, 06:56 AM
The whole album seems to borrow from past works to compile and recreate Manson's best moments.

Yeah I totally hear this part. First listen I thought the same thing. I think it's the blues line with the falsetto voice recreating the feel from that song.

Its really a different bass line though. Its just a similar atmosphere between those two moments.

Skull
04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Nah - I think it is just his style man. I don't think it would be a conscious thing. Even if it were, let's just be happy he is ripping stuff from Antichrist and not THEOL!

Oh yeah, I understand it's not intentional, just saying it sounds similar. And yes, I couldn't agree more with the last part of your sentence.

A Better Messiah
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
I have definitely heard this a few times. It honestly confused me for a moment or two. There are definitely plenty of homages to past albums on this record, and I wouldn't be surprised at how much is (un/)intentional at all! Or, it's all for no reason!

iamomega1227
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I can hear elements of all his previous efforts on this one.

Hey Cruel World's bridge does sound like the one on Little Horn. The end of it could easily fade right into "everyone will suffer now."

The guitars at the end of No Reflection is almost just like the end of Long Hard Road Out of Hell.

The first time I heard Overneath I was just waiting for "I am the God of Fuck."

Slo-Mo-Tion sounds like a strong cross between a Mechanical Animals b-side and something from THEOL, while lyrically carrying the "camera" theme from "I Wanna Kill You..."

The warbled guitars at the start of The Gardener starts out sounding like a remix of Minute of Decay, while the bridge is very HolyWood-esque.

The Flowers of Evil sounds like a sequel to "A Place in the Dirt."

Children of Cain's intro reminds me a little of Cryptorchid or something along the vein of early industrial Manson, while the bridge is very Holy Wood.

Disengaged.... like the OP suggests sounds VERY much like Are You The Rabbit, though I think AYTR was just a tad bit better.

Lay Down... The "there isn't a key" part sounds eerily like the chorus/bridge of Great Big White World. Amazing.

Murderers... well, we can all see what he was aiming for.

Born Villain is reminiscent of a bunch of THEOL but a lot better.

Breaking the Same Old Ground reminds me of Man That You Fear, Coma Black, and Count to 6 and Die in a lot of places, especially the beginning before the chorus (which comes way too soon imo).

So yeah... to get back to the topic at hand, I can definitely see the similarities. Lol.

paulvee
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Children of cain also sounds a lot like kinderfeld...

paulvee
04-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Another similaritie i noticed: The intro of hey cruel world sounds almost exactly like the intro of dance of the dope hats

04-30-2012, 08:11 AM
ON YO FA-HAY-HACEEE ... DIS ... DIS... DISENGAGE...