PDA

View Full Version : Meeting The Band?

Angel/Wrath
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey, I've never made a thread before so sorry if this is in the wrong place or gets in the way somewhere, but here goes. I'm going to the Atlantic City House of Blues show on Friday and I wanted to know if there was a way to just see Manson and the band for a few minutes. I'm a guy so obviously I won't be flashing my tits for a backstage pass or anything, but how would I manage to just say hey to some of the members? I know for the Electric Factory that a lot of the time the bands will just go right on to their tour bus from the side door and yo can greet them for a bit there, but yeah. Help please?

Whisky And Speed
05-02-2012, 05:33 PM
you can't flash your tits because you don't have them, but you can give blow jobs for the band members, right?

Angel/Wrath
05-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Lol well yes techincally I could, however I'm also not going around wearing a "hey manson, free blowjobs!" t-shirt

Christina
05-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Lol well yes techincally I could, however I'm also not going around wearing a "hey manson, free blowjobs!" t-shirt

I would wear that shirt. Concert or not.

Whisky And Speed
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
technically, you could meet the band as most of them are cool guys like Fred and Jason and sometimes twiggy if he is in a good mood.However,as for manson, MEH, he isn't that cool anymore and it is hard to meet him unless you live nearby.He just finishes his performance then runs with his chick into the bus, wonder why?.Godspeed though.

Christina
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
He just finishes his performance then runs with his chick into the bus, wonder why?.Godspeed though.

What chick?

Whisky And Speed
05-02-2012, 08:48 PM
What chick?

Lindsay.

Christina
05-02-2012, 08:50 PM
O'yeah. I forgot about her.

SpaceGhost
05-03-2012, 02:28 AM
"Wait by the buses after the show" is the typical advice, still applies here though a lot of people seem to have been meeting Fred on this tour, I'm not sure exactly how, read their posts or ask them.

FeedYourHead
05-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Fred and Steve have come out after both of the shows I've been to so far if you can avoid security throwing you out as soon as the show is over.

thousand_kisses
05-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Steve?

FeedYourHead
05-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Well, Steve too but I meant to say Jason

AssetReign
05-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Fred and Jason being more accessible than Manson and Twiggy might be their way of introducing themselves to the fans on a more personal level. They're the new members of the band, and it's always a good marketing strategy to form a connection with fans if you want them to feel a sense of loyalty to you.

AssetReign
05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
O'yeah. I forgot about her.

You can see her sitting stage left behind Fred in several of the fan videos. He definitely keeps her close.

kalim123
08-06-2012, 04:04 AM
But seriously, who wants to meet Freddie & Jason or whatever they're called.

08-06-2012, 10:09 AM
No shit, hey. As far as I am concerned those guys are mannequins.

kalim123
08-07-2012, 04:44 AM
As far as I'm concerned I don't even know what they look like. I will when I go to the Twins of Evil tour though. That is if they're still in the band. You know what the line-up is like. They come & go every year or so.

Norsefire
08-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Fred and Jason are both doing a really fucking good job, both fit really well in Marilyn Manson.

08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
I never said they didn't fit man, nor am I not knocking their abilities as musicians - Jason is a great drummer and has a wonderful taste in equipment. Although, as far as creative input goes both Fred and Jason could be any schmuck out there.

Norsefire
08-07-2012, 11:09 AM
They're doing great in the live shows. Anyway my post wasn't simply a reply to yours it was to Kalim as well who pretty much seems to have no interest in them, but they're members of the current line up and they're good.

08-07-2012, 12:08 PM
No worries man.

Honestly, I have zero interest in them as well. I may be pretty nervous meeting Manson or Twiggy, but I would probably turn down the opportunity to meet Jason or Fred simply because I couldn't be bothered. I mean, those guys could seriously just be anybody. I do agree that they are both killing it, though, I just personally have no interest in them - maybe if they stuck around for another album/tour I'd warm up to them a bit but I guess we'll see. I've kind of felt this way about all the new members that have joined Marilyn Manson since Mark Chaussee.

Cringeon
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Fred is a writing member of MM, not to mention being fellow Goon Mooner - and general all around bad ass. And from all accounts, he's been one of the most friendly and welcoming people when PM'ers have met him. Be a friend and take him some soup :P

suphiafilos
08-07-2012, 02:52 PM
But seriously, who wants to meet Freddie & Jason or whatever they're called.

I want to meet them!

They look really friendly and nice with fans and they are important to the show. If one of them were terrible the show would be horrible, so just for that fact I think that being able to tell them "hey, thanks for your work" it's good.

Plus, as said before, Fred did contributed in the making of BV, so he is responsable for one album that I enjoyed.

rusty shackleford
08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I want to meet them!

They look really friendly and nice with fans and they are important to the show. If one of them were terrible the show would be horrible, so just for that fact I think that being able to tell them "hey, thanks for your work" it's good.

Plus, as said before, Fred did contributed in the making of BV, so he is responsable for one album that I enjoyed.

I only see that he worked on Slo Mo Tion.....and everyone in the band at the time worked on that one. Not knocking him or anything just saying I don't think he really contributed much.

AssetReign
08-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Fred's been with the band since July, 2010.

Ulysses Black
08-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I like F&J, I think they're very talented musicians. Personally, I'd rather see Twiggy back on bass duty and John-motherfucking-5 back on guitar. I knew Manson's music would suffer when I found out John left the band and so far I don't think I have been wrong about that. Maybe I am, who knows but musically it just doesn't compare to Holywood/GAOG.

Manson needs to be surrounded with innovative ass kicking musicians like John/Skold/Twiggy who have proved themselves to be so. I was excited back in 08' when it was announced Wes Borland was going to be joining Manson on live shows, but he only ended up doing a total of 2 and left to get back with LB, and I was disappointed. That was the injection MM needed to get some bite back in the sound.

I just don't think Manson's ego can handle being surrounded by other very talented people with their own strong presence within the group. Of course Twiggy being the exception but he did also leave the band for a period as well.

But fuck it, Fred and Jason are cool.

08-08-2012, 02:50 AM
^

I think John 5 is an exceptional guitarist but a poor songwriter.

Ulysses Black
08-08-2012, 03:10 AM
^

I think John 5 is an exceptional guitarist but a poor songwriter.

Exceptional I absolutely agree, as far as his writing is concerned I've made half-assed attempts to write songs and I poorly play guitar so what do I know? His cover of Michael Jackson's Beat It is fucking tasty.

kalim123
08-08-2012, 07:51 AM
my post wasn't simply a reply to yours it was to Kalim as well who pretty much seems to have no interest in them, but they're members of the current line up and they're good.
Well maybe they are, but I don't tend to bother with the band line-up anymore because as I said before, they come and go every year or so. I have actually listened to some of the recent performances & I don't think they're bad, but I just can't be bothered getting to know stuff about the members anymore.

Norsefire
08-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Ok, well I'm sure you will be pleased with them when you see them later this year.

AssetReign
08-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Revisiting this thread to ask how many here have met Marilyn Manson (the man/the band) and your impression of him/them?

Golden Eel
08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Stephen Bier has added/deleted me from Facebook probably five times now. He's a jerk. >=[

Terrapin
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I always hear from others they are pretty cool people in person. Strange but chill. Mostly nice guys overall.

Don't care to meet them at this point. It's not something I find very exciting or worth putting a lot of emphasis on. If it happens, sweet. If not, couldn't care less and life goes on. If you would have asked me during my teens, this would have been a very different story.

Lydia
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I met Fred recently and he is cool/nice.

FeedYourHead
08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Fred and Jason were really friendly the three times I met them. They seemed really eager to meet their fans. Probably because they're new.
Twiggy struck me as very gracious and polite. He was super approachable and down to earth but understandably a little distracted/busy.

Manson was kind of a dick but my interaction with him was all of 4 seconds so that's not really surprising.

Lillith
09-01-2012, 01:08 AM
The few times I met Fred & Jason they where both super friendly. Twiggy was pretty laid back and friendly when I met him. And the two times I met Manson he was really nice, though a bit busy the second time.

Christina
09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Stephen Bier has added/deleted me from Facebook probably five times now. He's a jerk. >=[

LOL Well what did you SAY to him??

AssetReign
09-03-2012, 10:10 PM

I'm sure it wasn't something you said. ;)

DecayingSinner
09-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Pogo was really nice when I met him... talking about how he was going to talk to me (being a guy) and how these Asian girls were probably going to spread lies on the internet if he talked to them.

Manson was real brief but a very chill guy.

J5 and ginger were all a "hi" for the most part and Twiggy was always talking to girls, so I only had the chance to get him to sign my Holy Wood booklet.

I did have a backstage pass for the Grotesk Burlesk tour, and I really wanted to get my GAOG booklet signed and the opportunity to meet SKold, but we ended up just leaving after the show.

filthytothecore
09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
If anything I've learned in two years of my job, It's to get in good with The Bassist or Ex-Bassist as they seem to be the most down to earth to talk with you.

jembliss
10-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I didn't get a chance to meet Manson because he was with Evan and wouldn't get off of the bus but I did get to hang out with Tim, Ginger, and Chris. Kerry King of Slayer was there too.

AssetReign
10-07-2012, 10:07 AM
^ Evan annoyed me greatly. She still does as she's probably the most self centered person I've ever met. I was glad when he dumped her ass.

I've met Manson a few times; Twiggy once; Fred once (nice guy). I haven't met Jason yet.

Wormboy96
10-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I met both Fred and Jason before the show at Metaltown this summer, They were really nice and took pictures with me. They talked alot and said they liked my shirt, and laughed (Manson taking a shit) xD Jason also gave me a red MM guitar pick. :D

Tigger
10-07-2012, 10:45 AM
I only ever met Fred twice, first time it was really brief and it was literally just a "hey Fred, you're awesome" type deal, shook his hand, done. The next night on Fred's birthday I got to meet Fred, Twiggy, and Jason. I talked to Jason the longest, very cool guy. I tried to compliment him but he kept thinking I was dissing Ginger, lol. I said something like "you're an awesome drummer, you really filled the gap left by Ginger." or something and he kept saying "no no man, I love Ginger. No no, he's a great guy! We go for coffee a lot." xD And I'd try and clarify like fuck yeah, I love Ginger too! But, since he's gone I'm glad they got another great drummer...he was so awesome though.

I think I annoyed Twiggy, on purpose. I saw him walking and talking to chicks and seemed like he was just heading to bus and talking to a few people, signing a few autographs on the way so I was like bah I might never get another chance to meet Twiggy! So, I was like "Twiggy!" then "Twiiiigy!?" He looked over and came over that way, was really cool, signed my ticket then went back and chatted up the girls. Manson came down the steps with Lindsay and was high-fiving everyone and saying "thank you, I appreciate it" to everyone compliments. He didn't stop, just went to his bus. Someone brought a cake to the band's bus and then moments later Fred and Twiggy came out with the cake. Then, Twiggy got everyone to sing happy birthday to Fred and Fred was handing out pieces of birthday cake, it was yummy.

=)

Gloominatus
10-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm always wary about meeting people I admire, since I get self-conscious and it's hard for me to be natural around them. One time I made a bit of an ass of myself in front of John Waters, and it was humiliating. I did have good experiences meeting Crispin Glover, Adam from She Wants Revenge, and Gen from the Genitorturers, but my philosophy is to mostly avoid that type of thing because it can go wrong at any moment. (Oh yeah, and I met Mars from the Thrill Kill Kult. He was so drunk his eyes weren't even looking in the same direction. He asked me if I enjoyed the setlist. I probably stammered and said something like "Music . . . good . . . setlist happening fun . . . thank you for this". Ugh.)

The only person from Marilyn Manson that I've ever met was Twiggy, and it happened mostly unexpectedly. After the show in Kansas City last spring, my girlfriend and I were having drinks at a bar near the motel where we were staying. A bouncer told us that Twiggy and the guys were at the club next door. We were skeptical, but drunk enough to take a chance and see if he was telling the truth. (He actually told us that "Tweaker Ramirez" was next door, a detail I will never forget). Anyway, we walked over there and almost immediately ran into Twiggy. We worked up the courage to say hi to him and let him know we thought it was a great show. He seemed extremely appreciative, shook our hands and told us thanks. He was trying to pick up these two blonde chicks, so we made the interaction very brief as we did not want to be annoying cockblocking fans. It was an awesome moment, and something I never expected to happen. Jason and Fred were also there but I think we had shot our wad after meeting Twiggy.

I did try to meet the band back in 2000 when they did a "Holy Wood" pre-release signing at Vintage Vinyl, but the line was too long and I never even got close to being admitted. That was a sad day. After their St. Louis show the following evening, I hung out by the tour bus. Zepp actually talked to us and answered questions, as did the guys from Godhead and Union Underground. John 5 came over to take a picture with the webmaster of his fansite but that was the only interaction with the band that I witnessed. If I ever do meet Manson himself, I'd want it to be under a different circumstance where it's not fan meets celebrity, because I'm just too awkward in that arena.

petticoat
10-10-2012, 09:07 AM
If I was going to humiliate myself in front of anyone, John Waters would be my first choice lol... that's funny. Also "Tweaker"

Gloominatus
10-10-2012, 02:45 PM
If I was going to humiliate myself in front of anyone, John Waters would be my first choice lol... that's funny. Also "Tweaker"

The John Waters moment is not something I'd want to relive. I overexplained myself when he and I were talking at this record store and he thought I was trying to leech off of him. God, it was horrible. He gave me the snootiest little John Waters face. Actually, in a way it was perfect! (I also almost bought Lie by Charles Manson on vinyl, because JW was giving autographs while shopping, but I thought it would've looked like I was sucking up to him by purchasing that record so I decided against it. Good thing I avoided him having a bad impression of me!).

The Tweaker thing was great, and I guess appropriate considering Chris Vrenna's former involvement with the band, though I'm pretty sure that was lost on the dude who said it.

AssetReign
10-10-2012, 04:21 PM
^ I've heard John Waters loves to ride metro buses.

Gloominatus
10-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Is that a code for something or does he actually like riding public transportation?

AssetReign
10-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Is that a code for something or does he actually like riding public transportation?

That would one wierd-ass code. He actually likes riding public transportation.

Gloominatus
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah, it would be pretty weird! I might try to make it a code phrase now, though. For what, I have no idea. And I don't blame JW for enjoying public transportation. It's far and away the best people watching you can ever do.

crowfaerie
01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
I was wondering how much has this Golden ticket thing affected on meeting the band? Is it easier (especially for those who have done it more than once) to see them after a show if you've already met and talked with Manson?

Tinuviel
01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
^ Uhm, I am not an expert at all but I can tell you about my experiences. During the London m&g Twiggy was at the signing table with Manson and Fred and Jason came to the room where we were all waiting. Gosh, I am still not over the fact that Fred was so nice once again! He's an awesome person. Well, they all are. Anyway...I "only" saw Manson at the m&g in Manchester but I guess I could have gone to the busses to wait outsice, right afer the meet and greet. It was the same in Basel. But I was disappointed to see that Fred posted a picture of the venue after the show (the m&g took place in a room behind the stage...so we were waiting inside the venue) but I did not see him around. But there was an after show thingy taking place...so I guess he went there. I did not get a pass, guess I never will. Wish I was sexy. :P Haha, sorry off topic.

So, I wouldn't say that the meet and greet necessarily makes it easier or harder to meet the band. I guess, waiting at the busses might be a good choice. That's how I met them in London and Switzerland. But I don't know how things work during the current leg of the tour.

TongueTwistingStorm
01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
^ Uhm, I am not an expert at all but I can tell you about my experiences. During the London m&g Twiggy was at the signing table with Manson and Fred and Jason came to the room where we were all waiting. Gosh, I am still not over the fact that Fred was so nice once again! He's an awesome person. Well, they all are. Anyway...I "only" saw Manson at the m&g in Manchester but I guess I could have gone to the busses to wait outsice, right afer the meet and greet. It was the same in Basel. But I was disappointed to see that Fred posted a picture of the venue after the show (the m&g took place in a room behind the stage...so we were waiting inside the venue) but I did not see him around. But there was an after show thingy taking place...so I guess he went there. I did not get a pass, guess I never will. Wish I was sexy. :P Haha, sorry off topic.

So, I wouldn't say that the meet and greet necessarily makes it easier or harder to meet the band. I guess, waiting at the busses might be a good choice. That's how I met them in London and Switzerland. But I don't know how things work during the current leg of the tour.

My friend and I both had passes (gotten before the show), which is how we were able to stay after the M+G ... they seemed annoyed that Manson's people had arranged for us to meet him without them clearing it. Long story short, venue security kicked her out and the guy who gave us the passes saw her outside and asked why the hell she wasn't back there with me. I had paid for the Golden Ticket (not dreaming that little lame me would ever get to meet him any other way) and when the M+G was over, they (GT people) tried to shuffle me out the door until they saw that I had a pass also.

Is it odd that I'd obviously be thrilled to see Manson & Twiggy again on Saturday, but I really, really want to meet Fred? lol...

Marsmind
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Fred seems to just appear out of nowhere. He's like a Magic villain or something, he always comes from where you never expect him to.

Zsa Zsa
01-23-2013, 07:59 PM
I met Manson, Twiggy, and Fred all in Detroit last year. Manson and Twiggy were a lot of fun, and Fred was trying to find someone, so I didn't try and bother him. I saw him and said his name, and I think it startled him, but he said hello and stuff. Olivia has pictures of him from that night.

I was friends with Gidget on Myspace for the longest time, and would talk back and forth with him. I think I was friends with him on Facebook at one point, but after he died and all the people he hung around with on there turned heavily anti-Manson, I started deleting everyone. I've also been friends with Daisy via Facebook for a while now, and was at one point playing Farmville with Manson's dad.

EDIT: I just remembered that I'm also friends with Olivia Newton Bundy on Facebook. He wished me a happy birthday last year, which was pretty cool and unexpected. <3