PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones [Use spoiler tags, ESPECIALLY for book spoilers]

Golden Eel
05-09-2012, 08:26 AM
I haven't read the books yet, hence the spoiler warning.

I fucking love this show. I'm not usually a fan of this type of thing, but this show is pretty fucking well done. I know there are some people here who have watched this, so let's get discussing.

I wasn't sure if I'd like it much when I got the first season last year, but I was prompted to try it out due to everyone and their mothers speaking so highly of it. Needless to say, it quickly became one of my favorite shows ever (not that I watch a lot of them, but that's beside the point.) Tyrion has to be one of the most bad-ass characters on TV, and it's amazing to see a dwarf in a non-comedic role. He's a fantastic actor. Also, I'm in love with Daenerys. Christ, what a gorgeous woman.

Anyways, we can get to discussing more specifics once some more people join in. For starters, I was pretty shocked when [Season 02 spoilers]that fucking crazy smoke demon killed Renly Baratheon. I liked that guy. Also, regarding the most recent episode, I really want to know what the fuck happened to Daenerys' dragons. I'll kill whoever did it, I swear to god.

Lucille
05-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Khaleesi ftw!! Although I do agree that Tyrion is absolutely fantastic. I'll never grow tired of watching him slap Geoffry (sp?) around. Haha

I'll admit I was pretty confused at the beginning of this season, seeing as a whole mob of new characters seemed to have just come out of the blue. However it's coming around and getting crazy again. :D It really is an incredibly well done show and I'm glad I finally forced myself to start watching it.

Golden Eel
05-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I'll admit I was pretty confused at the beginning of this season, seeing as a whole mob of new characters seemed to have just come out of the blue.

Likewise. That's probably because they had only been mentioned by name before, and there's a lot of weird names to keep track of if you haven't read the books. I put it all together quickly enough though.

Downloading the new episode as I type this.

Golden Eel
05-20-2012, 03:45 AM
HOLY SHIT, JOHN SNOW. HOLY SHIT, THEON. HOLY SHIT, DAENERYS. HOLY SHIT, BRAN. HOLY SHIT, JAIME. HOLY SHIT.

Hazekiah
05-27-2012, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0puw8.jpg

Lucille
12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
http://www.hypable.com/2013/11/04/game-of-thrones-winds-of-winter-release-date-author-interview/

God....I'm going to be so pissed if the series drags on beyond 7 books. Like fuck you, come up with an ending already! lol It's already probably going to be years before the 6th book comes out, and I've already forgotten most of what happened in book 5 (and hell no I'm not re-reading it). Honestly if I hadn't already invested so much time into reading these incredibly long and often incredibly dry books, I would just give up on the series.

Lol I just needed to rant after reading that article where he says there's a possibility that they will go beyond 7 books. I feel like there might be something deeper to his evasion of finishing the series. It's like he personally needs the world he's created to go on forever because either he can't deal with reality or he's afraid that he can't deliver an ending worthy of the series. -___- It's like having sex with somebody for hours, and it was fun here and there, but eventually you just want them to fucking cum lol.