PDA

View Full Version : 'The Lords Of Salem' - Trailer Premiere May 11, 2012, PNC Bank Arts Center

Emma
05-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Rob Zombie will be premiering the trailer for his forthcoming movie The Lords of Salem during his kick-off Zombie/Megadeth show on 10 May 2012.

The trailer will be coming to the official site soon too.

http://robzombie.com/2012/05/the-lords-of-salem-trailer-will-premiere-on-friday-at-the-pnc-banks-center/

Mi-CroMartie
05-10-2012, 03:12 AM
I heard some IMDB comment saying that this is gonna be a reboot for Disney's Hocus Pocus? Hmmm.

Pestilence
05-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Since Rob Zombie isn't fucking with classic horror. I think I could give this film a shot. I can't say I am all that excited for it , but yeah. I just really disliked what he did with Halloween. The first one was ok. Unless you watch the unrated or workprint which features a random-placed Rape scene to get Mike back in the game. I wasn't a fan of that because it was odd and I felt ultimately that it didn't need to exist in the film to remind relevant. The second Halloween movie was fucking atrocious though everything about that movie was god awful.

MisanthroPope
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Zombie makes campy, thrash cinema that takes itself too seriously. He's not nearly as clever, funny, or creative as he thinks he is. I wonder if this new flick will have the word fuck a thousand times, white trash characters, and his shitty actress of a wife?

That said, Captain Spaulding is still pretty fucking cool but I give Sid Haig the majority of the credit for that.

Mi-CroMartie
05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Sheri Moon was a fucking kick-ass bitch in Devil's Rejects and 1000 Corpses. C'mon!

Who gives a fuck about the word fuck anyway? :P

MisanthroPope
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Sheri Moon was a fucking kick-ass bitch in Devil's Rejects and 1000 Corpses. C'mon!

Who gives a fuck about the word fuck anyway? :P

Baby could have been a hell of a lot better with a less annoying and more convincing "actress".

Well, I personally say fuck quite a bit. Problem is, Zombie's dialogue blows and his complete overuse of obscenities becomes cringe worthy.

Sans Agendum
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm excited for this movie. I love the idea of witches coming back to seek revenge on the bloodline of their accusers in the form of sick ass mutated, super humans. Should be quite a grotesque bloodbath. I'm pretty fond of most of what Rob Zombie does. Been a fan of him longer than Manson. Loved White Zombie as a kid. They used to be that band parents were afraid to let you go see live before Manson came along. Aside from Halloween 2 I think his movies have been incredibly entertaining. I really hope he makes Tyrannosaurus Rex one day. The premise for THAT one is simply badass.

Mi-CroMartie
05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
And I fucking wish he should start making Werewolf women of the SS ASAP!!!

rusty shackleford
05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
One of the things I like about Zombie's movies is the use of obscenities. I'll certainly watch this when it comes out.

Golden Eel
05-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Well, I personally say fuck quite a bit. Problem is, Zombie's dialogue blows and his complete overuse of obscenities becomes cringe worthy.

If you've ever hung around white-trash like that, you'll know it was a true to life portrayal.

rusty shackleford
05-12-2012, 05:58 AM
If you've ever hung around white-trash like that, you'll know it was a true to life portrayal.
Oh, I have....Although they weren't white trash they had jobs and didn't need handouts it was basically like hanging out with the family from Halloween. I loved it lol.

Sans Agendum
05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh, I have....Although they weren't white trash they had jobs and didn't need handouts it was basically like hanging out with the family from Halloween. I loved it lol.

Oh shut up.

rusty shackleford
05-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I live in Georgia....what do you expect?

Sans Agendum
05-14-2012, 03:39 PM
: ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y6_XMwTwVms#!

Mi-CroMartie
05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
SATAN COME TO US, WE ARE READY!!!!

Emma
05-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Yeah, seen the trailer from You Tube. Strangely enough we are still awaiting permission to get it (proper version) on board the official Rob Zombie site - as soonm as I can, it will be posted

Sans Agendum
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, seen the trailer from You Tube. Strangely enough we are still awaiting permission to get it (proper version) on board the official Rob Zombie site - as soonm as I can, it will be posted
Gee, thanks.

DecayingSinner
05-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Can not wait to see this!!!

Norsefire
05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing this, thanks for the trailer Sans!

M Tragedy666
05-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Been eagerly looking forward to this film since I've heard of it's conception. Love all of Rob's work and very happy to see more original ideas! Hopefully someday he can get T-Rex and Werewolf Women of the SS made, as well as possibly another Rejects film, animated or not.

A Better Messiah
05-24-2012, 04:45 AM
And I fucking wish he should start making Werewolf women of the SS ASAP!!!

Seriously! I want to see that, Don't, Thanksgiving, and the others!! Machete didn't look too appealing in movie form, but perhaps we'll have more luck with the others.

Emma
05-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Hopefully someday he can get T-Rex and Werewolf Women of the SS

Rob actually mentioned this in an interview recently: http://robzombie.com/2012/05/screencrush-speaks-to-rob-zombie-about-upcoming-movies-and-why-musicians-make-horrible-actors/

Can you give us an update on the status of two potential projects – ‘Tyrannosaurus Rex’ and ‘Werewolf Women of the SS?’

Well neither of those are film projects I’m working on, ‘Werewolf Women of the SS’ was just what it was, it was a fake trailer for a Quentin Tarantino movie. That’s all it was ever suppose to be, it was never going to be a full movie. ‘Tyrannosaurus Rex’ is a script that I wrote, that I have but it’s not planned anytime soon. We finished ‘Lords of Salem’ and I’ll be doing music for the next year and a half within that year in a half maybe we’ll do ‘Tyrannosaurus Rex’ maybe not. I don’t know what the next movie is – we’ll figure that out.

DrClitoris
05-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Too bad, I'd really want to see Werewolf women of the SS :(

05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
That trailer looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to this.

Emma
10-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Finally the trailer is out

http://youtu.be/z_7PBegMKxU

[psycho]logical
10-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Absolutely shocked that Sherri has got a lead role in this. Who could have seen that coming? Anyway, it looks to have a strong Hammer vibe to it, of which I approve.

Norsefire
10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
logical;130482']Absolutely shocked that Sherri has got a lead role in this. Who could have seen that coming? Anyway, it looks to have a strong Hammer vibe to it, of which I approve.

lol! But yeah it looks pretty good. Saw the trailer last week during the Twins of Evil tour and thought it was great to see it projected on the stage.

Mi-CroMartie
10-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Of course. If you're a wife of Zombie, you need to be in movies most of the time. :p Saw some comments that he's channeling Kubrick but almost not on par...

CellarOwl
10-05-2012, 08:33 AM
A friend saw this last month at the premiere, said it's up there with Devil's Rejects and one of the most enjoyable films he's seen this year. He's a film buff so generally I take his word on things like this, just hope I can see it soon.

iggy
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
With the exception of Halloween 2, Zombie's films have never disappointed me. This looks to continue the trend. Can't wait for this.

filthytothecore
10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I hope it's good I seen the trailer earlier this year when he was on tour with Megadeth and LAcuna Coil. I enjoyed all three bands to say the least I was in the front area since seats are were more expensive and we got free pit tickets \M/ \M/