PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Spider-Man

Mi-CroMartie
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
It's obviously that this will be just like Batman begins when there's nothing yet involved with his original GF, Mary Jane.

Emma Stone plays Gwen who was also Spidey's former school lover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=16AwVWvjQhY

Spidey vs Lizard Man aka Mini-Godzilla. :p

ImNotJesus
05-14-2012, 09:58 PM
What an utter load of bullshit. I'm not saying that a movie can't have its own interpretation but jesus, could this thing be taking itself any more seriously?!

Anybody who's ever read the Spiderman comics (I'm big into the 'Ultimate Spiderman' issues at the moment) knows that Peter is supposed to be witty and intelligently funny. It accentuated his pain at the loss of his uncle, and it stopped the comics from becoming all sombre and gritty. We have Batman for those emotional responses.

It looks to me like Sony has taken Spiderman and made it a boring, paint-by-numbers story about a brooding teenager, his dark past and his attempt to redeem his soul. *YAWN*

For all their flaws, the Sam Raimi films really captured the feel of Spiderman while managing to focus on some pretty serious subject matter, but without becoming self-indulgently 'dark'.

I'll see it, but I have a feeling I'm right on the money with this one.

Dronepool
05-14-2012, 10:12 PM
This looks much better than all 3 previous Spider-Man movies. Can't wait. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good. 1 was alright and 3 was blah.

Pestilence
05-15-2012, 05:46 PM
You can count me in. This movie seems to be following a lot more closely to the comic books. I'm really excited to actually see Spider-man act like himself instead of some little emo bitch cutting himself over Mary Jane not putting up with his shit.

Sans Agendum
05-15-2012, 06:44 PM
This honestly looks like absolute shit. Does he actually have super powers or does he just use gadgets?

They're obviously trying to inject the Batman Begins formula but without any actual depth.

Do any of you people excited about this even watch the trailer? This is right up there with Michael Bay's idea for recreating TMNT.

The Ghoul
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man%27s_powers_and_equipment#Artificial_web-shooters

Sans Agendum
05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Dammit.

brian219
05-15-2012, 07:34 PM
The only thing I liked in the trailer was the bit where the guy pulled out a knife and Spidey drops to his knees saying "oh no, you found my weakness..." That I felt was very in keeping with the comics. The rest? Meh.

Dronepool
05-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I think Spider-Man 1 was not bad (the best thing about it was Willem Dafoe) and Spider-Man 2 was good, but not great. Spider-Man 3 was mediocre and dragged on.

This seems to focus on more things, creating more interesting sub-plots. He cracks jokes and uses more science. He has powers and uses gadgets. In the comics he makes special web mixtures to subdue certain villains. I like this more than the first 3 movies just from the looks of the trailer... and Emma Stone is super attractive.

Rami's version is cheesier in a campy way and simplified.

ThreeEyedGod
05-18-2012, 02:27 AM
does everything need a "gritty" reboot?

A Better Messiah
05-18-2012, 04:46 AM
As much as I like Raimi's trilogy, I think that this film also has potential. I like the organic web-shooters and think the cast is great, although the tone is off for a Spider-Man film, I won't judge it until I see the thing, because from what I've heard it does capture the tone of Spider-Man when he is under the mask. Oh yeah, and The Lizard!!!!!

Atom
05-18-2012, 09:05 AM
It does seem like it's trying to be like Nolan's Batman. It doesn't look as bad as some people are making out to be though.

kleiner352
05-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm going to take my girlfriend to see it, only because she's a huge Webhead fan, but really, of everything coming out this year film-wise, this is probably the most uninteresting of superhero films and of the things I'll be seeing this summer for certain.

Spidey is a light-hearted character; yes there is darkness at times in the comics, for certain (Carnage is no child-friendly villain), but still, at the end it is always fairly light, fun, humorous, and it's never the deepest of work. This looks like it's taking quite the creative license and really diverging, in my opinion. I like the inclusion of web-shooters but I don't see a need for it, at all.

Also, Spidey shoes. That's really all I have to say about this film. Spidey. Shoes. ugh.

Sixteen Saltines
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm on the fence about this one.

I've always been a huuuge fan of Spiderman in its entirety, but Hollywood has a knack for taking a good thing and completely desecrating it. I'll probably check reviews before I pay money to go see this one.

SatanBakesale
05-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Haha fuck yea the school scenes were filmed at my school. :)