PDA

View Full Version : Your Excuse?

filthytothecore
06-06-2012, 12:05 AM
What is your excuse for beleiveing in what you are? Do you beleive in it to the word, and practise it? Doesn't have to be a religion, Can be a philosophy as well.

Whisky And Speed
06-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Never ask the idiots why they are idiots....

Golden Eel
06-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Can't say I even slightly understand the question.

brian219
06-06-2012, 04:56 AM
I think it translates as "Justify what you think and believe." I want filthy to go first.

Mugwump
06-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Capitalizing all of your thread titles now?

That's cool.

Atom
06-06-2012, 08:17 AM
What's your excuse for making a thread filled with incoherent questions?

Terrapin
06-06-2012, 09:19 AM
My excuse for beliefs I hold, or the "reasoning" as I'd rather put it (thread title seems lacking, honestly), is that this is the only conceivable/rational path for me. Live life with as little impeding I can get away with, do good by people, respect others' approach to life, and stir in a little chaos to liven things up. This creates a journey I can stand behind, and fully support, in adherence to my views of our world. It's this ideal which keeps me an active member of society. Continued life on those many shades of grey outside the box makes a happy fella.

filthytothecore
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Mine, I enjoy what I do I have no need to act like everything is ok in the world, I understand there is going to disagreements with others and know that not everyone is going to get along I'm jsut fine with that, What I don't understand is why someone will look at another and not see them for what they really are, Instead of being shallow.

Sticky Killer Jones
06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I think, do, and say what I want, when I want, how I want, because I can.

I respect other people's space, as long they respect mine. If I see or hear something that I know for a fact is blatantly wrong or has potential to hurt me or other people, I don't cower from pointing it out, because the last thing the world needs is someone who sits by apathetically and lets bullshit continue.

Before I judge, I seek to understand, as I believe everything to be analyzed is a chance to learn and keep my brain from rusting. Everyone gets a chance to make their case for me, and I form my own opinions, as I feel people who repeat word for word what they heard or read are no different from people who cheat on tests for lack of the ability to actually use their brain, and set themselves up for trouble when they're really faced with a problem there's no cheat sheet for.

I generally seek to make peace or reach understandings with people who trying to bait me into a conflict. Mostly because a conflict is going to hurt them worse than it'll hurt me, as I tend to react harder than they expect. Most conflicts start for needless reasons, it gets old fast when there's more productive things I can be doing. Holding grudges is a waste of time.

I keep an open mind as best as I can, since shutting out things feels unnatural to me. More often, the more unpopular, ignored or hated something is, the more likely I'm going to investigate it. If I'm shutting out something, chances are I evaluated it over a dozen times and it's useless.

Everyday I appreciate everything I have, focusing on the positive and seeing what I can do about the negative instead of dwelling on it. It's rare for me to not know what's disturbing me, as I try to keep most of the bad in check before it snowballs. Avoid being wasteful.

Always thank and remain polite to people who provide services to me, even if they're testing my patience.

Forever piss on the Alamo.

As for my excuse? No reason.

me_andre
06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I have no reason. I have two sides... A mind which thinks everything is deterministic and pointless... And a heart that feels I am the only thing in this whole universe to care about. It's kind of bipolar to me. No actual meaning, still... my progress is the only cause to follow, and that illusion stays strong. I guess I don't need an excuse. I just live. And in a social relation I take, give or stay still.

Sixteen Saltines
06-09-2012, 11:34 PM
As the owner of a perpetually-bored mind, I seek to take risks, to entertain, to feel.

I guess I am a bit selfish, looking for gain and experience anywhere I can. I think that life has little purpose, other than to simply be here, live out your time, and die. What you do with that time is up to you. Because I am rather agnostic, I don't look forward to a heaven/hell or state of eternal being. The way I look at it -- I wasn't anything before I was 'born' and will be nothing when I die.