PDA

View Full Version : Isn't "scars" and "old wounds" redundant?

thatrussianman
06-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I also feel at beginning of No Reflection:

"Constricting Construction" refers to not getting anything done
"or ... something violent coming" is something going to happen.

AssetReign
06-15-2012, 05:54 PM
^Not necessarily because wounds don't always result in scars.

kleiner352
06-15-2012, 11:20 PM
I think that the idea is old wounds being things not yet healed, and scars being things healed over but having left a mark. In the video he high-lights the EMDM spiral heart tattoo at that part, possibly meaning it's a stab at his past relationships.

NapalmHeart
06-15-2012, 11:42 PM
A scar is still there but the pain is usually over, while old wounds still haunt you and never fully healed.

I haven't put too much thought into this yet, though.

iggy
06-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I thought it meant ghost pains, or emotional scarring.

Shangri-LIE
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Isn't love redundant? Isn't hate redundant? Aren't PEOPLE redundant?

Halo Infinity
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Isn't playing a song you like more than once redundant? I'm sorry, but that was too good to pass up. =P

BlueEyeLens
11-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Isn't jacking off redundant?! Well, YEAH, but I gotta do it. It ain't gonna jack itself off , nor suck itself off!

Whisky And Speed
11-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Manson has a history of self abuse either it was physically or mentally or emotionally and I feel that this has to do with this phrase.He even used to scar himself with bottles necks in his early concerts and this lasted till 1996 and he used to be in emotionally abusive relationships. All of these factors count and when he tried to forget it and get over it it succumbed into his subconscious mind until he recalled it in that song whether it was in the lyrics or the video, both really, and this is an another long story.

NightChameleons
11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
It means that three records in, he's still not over Evan, Dita, or whoever.

gunz
11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
I do not feel as though they are superfluous as within every song the band puts those words in can be stripped down to a deeper meaning. The opening of oneself through that unfathomable chasm of a soul is by removing that hard covering of dried blood over their wounds so you could experience to some extent being closer to your idols. When someone has been broken constantly the only way they can get to someone is to talk about the past. They have to include scabrous information. We all know when we talk about the past we repeat a lot of the same stories. There are so many ways you can take these songs though since "cutters" feel the need to release pain or to just feel something by doing just that. I love the lyrical content within those albums because they had to open up in order to move on and it felt deep.
This is just my surmise though so \_(ツ)_/

Shangri-LIE
11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I do not feel as though they are superfluous as within every song the band puts those words in can be stripped down to a deeper meaning. The opening of oneself through that unfathomable chasm of a soul is by removing that hard covering of dried blood over their wounds so you could experience to some extent being closer to your idols. When someone has been broken constantly the only way they can get to someone is to talk about the past. They have to include scabrous information. We all know when we talk about the past we repeat a lot of the same stories. There are so many ways you can take these songs though since "cutters" feel the need to release pain or to just feel something by doing just that. I love the lyrical content within those albums because they had to open up in order to move on and it felt deep.
This is just my surmise though so \_(ツ)_/

Well said. You should post more :)

Alterkaker66
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Well said. You should post more :)
Ditto! Insightful and a nice use of keyboard drawing.