PDA

View Full Version : Twins of Evil [070]: Oct 12 2012 - DTE Energy Music Theatre - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Norsefire
07-15-2012, 11:07 AM
12 October 2012
Venue: DTE Energy Music Theatre

http://marilynmanson.com - http://robzombie.com

Members Attending:

Zsa Zsa
Olivia
gladcarrot
Scotty
darluh
Pestilence
Scotty

Zsa Zsa
07-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I will be attending, along with my girlfriend, Olivia.

gladcarrot
07-17-2012, 08:42 AM
I will surely be here since the Grand Rapids show sold out. I can't say I'm happy about the Co-headlining thing though. I want to go to a Manson concert, not a metal festival or a co-headline tour! Being at DTE will make it just seem like another festival date. Is this the only outdoor date for the tour? October in Michigan can get cold sometimes. Oh well, it's better than no Manson concert. I encourage everyone to at least get pavilion seating unless you want to be in a pit, which will have to be on the hill since there is no open area between the stage and the first row of seats.

Still new to the forum. How do I get on the "Members Attending" list?

Edit: Automatically it seems! ;)

Pestilence
07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm going to go as long as I can get good tickets for around 150 a piece. Do you guys think that would be possible?

Scotty
07-20-2012, 07:08 AM
I will definitely be going to this. I wanted to go to the one the next day too, but I'm not sure I'll be able to..

and to the above poster...I'm sure if you buy tickets the day they go on sale through TM you will get good seats. I don't think they will go for $150 a piece...

FeedYourHead
07-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Tickets on sale August 10th.
Prices TBA.

--
Edit by Norsefire.
Ticket link through venue website - http://www.palacenet.com/default.asp?event=2201

darluh
07-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I was just about to panic. Ahh. Attending this one, not alone! =]

Pestilence
08-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Officially got my tickets. See you there!

Scotty
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I got my tickets, but I'm really disappointed in the seats, lol. I wish i would've known about RZ golden packages, I would've went for the one that gets me a seat in CTR 1...ah well..

Zsa Zsa
09-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I just bought my tickets, so I am 100% confirmed! Along with Olivia, of course!

Pestilence
09-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Got my VIP for the show. Anyone else going VIP?

Zsa Zsa
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Not me. :/

fatkid
10-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I am! Still have to get my ticket though :/

Olivia
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Zsa Zsa and I will very likely be live-tweeting from the event if anyone cares. Where is everybody sitting?

Scotty
10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I have VIP. I am so excited! 5 days!!

Olivia
10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Zsa Zsa and I are here and VIP. TWEETING @esocks

Willice
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Have fun guys!

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I just saw this tweet on Twitter. "Apparently Marilyn Manson is going backstage to kick Rob Zombies ass.. Wonder if this is serious." Anyone know what's happening?

Olivia
10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Uhh, something is definitely going on. There's some animosity coming his way. Apparently, Zombie had the show cut short again. But, we did get his "hit" song. He called it The Beautiful "I'm gonna fuck your motherfucking ass up" People. At the end of the show, he actually said he was going to kick Zombie's ass.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 06:32 PM
^ Ugh Thanx. Keep us posted if you can.

How was the show?

vonrueden09
10-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm surprised this didn't happen already. At the Minnesota show, after Manson was yelling about the security guards, Rob Zombie ended his show by thanking them and talking about how great they were.

Olivia
10-12-2012, 06:47 PM
The show is and was very good. I was hoping for Reflecting God and Coma Black, but I am pleased. Zombie's set just started. I don't see a black eye.

Sorry for the double post, but Zombie's screens are backwards and Zsa Zsa and I are making jokes about Manson doing it, lol. They say "Yeah Hey."

Zombie is talking shit right now. He is calling him a weirdo and actually said it was his last show on the tour. He pointed to his ass and showed that it wasn't kicked. "Rock star bullshit. "

vonrueden09
10-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Good news! Fuck Rob Zombie, I just hope Manson continues. Maybe even with an extended set that I can be jealous of.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:06 PM
^ It sounds like it's Manson who's calling it quits, not Zombie.

vonrueden09
10-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I didn't think about it that way. I hope that's not the case...it's hard to tell who "his" is referring to in that post.

Scorpion
10-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm hoping for Manson to come at Rob's stage at some point and kick him out of his giant robots and then start to fight with him. I don't even care if he got his ass beaten, I just want to see a fight between the two. That's how badass and punk I am. I'm even doing a mohawk later today.

But seriously, are they 12? Geez.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:13 PM
From the tweets I'm seeing, Zombie was telling the crowd he was booting Manson off the tour? And I guess Manson is pissed because Zombie's stage production is causing him (Manson) to have to cut his set short?

Scorpion
10-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Eric Lacy ‏@EricLacy
"Some tours just don't got together," Rob Zombie told the crowd. Says he's tired of Marilyn Manson's "rock star BS" @mlive_detroit

Eric Lacy ‏@EricLacy
Rob Zombie says Marilyn Manson booted off tour after whining tonight on stage about having set cut short.

Heather Quick
10-12-2012, 07:16 PM
From the tweets I'm seeing, Zombie was telling the crowd he was booting Manson off the tour? And I guess Manson is pissed because Zombie's stage production is causing him (Manson) to have to cut his set short?

Rob Zombie, what a moron.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Eric Lacy ‏@EricLacy
"Some tours just don't got together," Rob Zombie told the crowd. Says he's tired of Marilyn Manson's "rock star BS" @mlive_detroit

Eric Lacy ‏@EricLacy
Rob Zombie says Marilyn Manson booted off tour after whining tonight on stage about having set cut short.

Considering it's supposedly Zombie's stage set-up causing the problem with Manson's set having to be shortened, RZ has a lot of balls pointing fingers about "Rock star BS."

Olivia
10-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure if its official. But Z said tonight was Manson's last night.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure if its official. But Z said tonight was Manson's last night.

I don't know how that would be Zombie's call to make tho. And Manson quitting the tour would rain down a shit storm of contractual obligation issues.

vonrueden09
10-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I cannot wait to hear how the VIP goes tonight!

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I cannot wait to hear how the VIP goes tonight!

Hahahha! Another beautiful acoustic performance. lol

Heather Quick
10-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Manson will end up playing an entire set acoustically, lol

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Manson will end up playing an entire set acoustically, lol

And the rest of the band will be hired by RZ. lol

Tater
10-12-2012, 07:29 PM
If he's legit quit the tour because of RZ's stupid fucking fireworks and stage antics used to cover up his shit music I'm going to set Zombie's beard on fire :((

Olivia
10-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I know it's not. But he seemed pretty damn sure of himself. I am excited for VIP. I probably won't be posting nearly as much... Opportunity of a lifetime and all.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm hoping for Manson to come at Rob's stage at some point and kick him out of his giant robots and then start to fight with him. I don't even care if he got his ass beaten, I just want to see a fight between the two. That's how badass and punk I am. I'm even doing a mohawk later today.

But seriously, are they 12? Geez.

I LOVE ROCK 'N ROLL

Olivia
10-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Zombie is slamming Manson during School's.

Heather Quick
10-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Zombie is slamming Manson during School's.

And then he is tired of MANSON'S "rockstar bullshit"

hahaha, go fuck yourself, Rob Zombie.

thousand_kisses
10-12-2012, 07:46 PM
*makes popcorn*

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
And then he is tired of MANSON'S "rockstar bullshit"

hahaha, go fuck yourself, Rob Zombie.

Exactly! Yo, Zombie
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qhyu2xsK1rbxjygo3_500.gif

Cringeon
10-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Regardless of what's going on, if the Zombie crew is causing anything to be cut yet still doing their full show - then fuck the whole place up. I'd much rather see MM take off on his own, and I know a huge pull of these shows are MM fans. It's a shot in the foot if they boot MM and think they can maintain the audience draw these shows have had.

Olivia
10-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Show over. Waiting for VIP.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Show over. Waiting for VIP.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4oZ_lzCcAIlxrA.jpg:large

Heather Quick
10-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Eric Lacy @EricLacy
Rob Zombie cusses out Marilyn Manson on stage; calls him "Brian." Lol! Then rocks "Schools Out For Summer."

Eric Lacy @EricLacy
Rob Zombie calls Alice Cooper "the real motherf-ing deal!"

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/971/Sohardcore.jpg

The Empirical Guy
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Considering it's supposedly Zombie's stage set-up causing the problem with Manson's set having to be shortened, RZ has a lot of balls pointing fingers about "Rock star BS."

Agreed, that's exactly what I was going to say. A tour like this, you work out your sets and changeovers well in advance, if one band wants to have over-the-top production with huge screens and pyro and robots, that comes out of their playing time, not someone else's. Expecting it to go the other way is pretty much the definition of "Rock star BS". It would be amusing though to see Rob kick Manson off the tour (which I don't think he'd actually have the ability to do anyway) and then play the rest of the tour to half-empty venues.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 08:04 PM
^ C'mon, dude, Zombie rocked out "School's Out For Summer." LOL For Robert Cummings, school's been out for 35 years and Alice Cooper might be "the real motherfucking deal" but no one should still be singing "School's Out For Summer" at 64.

Cringeon
10-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Alice Cooper is the real fucking deal of what? Sorry, but I never found the Alice influence on MM to be anything more than the media label of shock rock. I'm really curious of the details, if Zombie's production is causing issues they should go on first so they have all day to setup. While MM's stage setup is more elaborate as it has been, it's still more stripped than Zombie's and would make much more sense in the changeover between sets. I'm sure there were some guarantees on the tour, so if zombie is trying to take control MM is definitely not going to walk out damaged.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
^ I've never been a fan of Cooper, but I think they mean he's the Grandfather of "Shock Rock."

The Empirical Guy
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Eric Lacy @EricLacy
Rob Zombie calls Alice Cooper "the real motherf-ing deal!"

http://www.buzzgrinder.com/media/alice-cooper-golf.jpg

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 08:15 PM
^ LOL

vs.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba1b4Wdtf1rnbhyuo1_500.gif

blue angel
10-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Why shit at Alice Cooper because of all of this?
Someone is jealous, Manson!!! Manson is the winner.

Heather Quick
10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
^ LOL

vs.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba1b4Wdtf1rnbhyuo1_500.gif

We have a winner.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Why shit at Alice Cooper because of all of this?
Someone is jealous, Manson!!! Manson is the winner.

Zombie used Cooper as a verbal weapon against Manson for some weird reason.

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't understand how RZ could kick Manson off the tour. The tour belongs just as much to one band as it does the other. I bet this bullshit will be over in a few days.
...Either that or it gets 1000x more interesting and hilarious.

But hey, at least Rob is admitting that Manson's a rockstar.
I'm just really hoping my show on the 15th is still on, with full sets for both bands.

Willice
10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
SHIT'S GETTING REAL! As a dual fan, I am quite torn...

Manson101
10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
dont believe everything you hear. RZ CANNOT kick MM off tour. I've studied Music Business and that is impossible. Your show will be on as well as everyone else's .

I don't understand how RZ could kick Manson off the tour. The tour belongs just as much to one band as it does the other. I bet this bullshit will be over in a few days.
...Either that or it gets 1000x more interesting and hilarious.

But hey, at least Rob is admitting that Manson's a rockstar.
I'm just really hoping my show on the 15th is still on, with full sets for both bands.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 08:39 PM
^ No offense, 101, but that top posting thing you do is a pain.

Willice
10-12-2012, 08:39 PM
5 and Ginger are probably thinking "Really"?

thousand_kisses
10-12-2012, 08:42 PM
dont believe everything you hear. RZ CANNOT kick MM off tour. I've studied Music Business and that is impossible. Your show will be on as well as everyone else's .

well, they'd probably finish the US leg of the tour but if shit's really going down, i can see where they might reconsider whether or not europe is a good idea or not...

Heather Quick
10-12-2012, 08:45 PM
well, they'd probably finish the US leg of the tour but if shit's really going down, i can see where they might reconsider whether or not europe is a good idea or not...

I doubt.

Cringeon
10-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Bands can bail on a tour, but it's not without taking a good fucking over it. This tour was sold as a certain bill, and if one band tries to take control and boot the other, they've basically sold a show they can't deliver. It's going to hurt some more than it hurts the intended, fans included. We should wait for specifics to come in, but there's arrangements made before the tour kicks off and if contracts get broken, it reaches further than just ticket sales.

Manson101
10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I think peopleshouldrelax and stop over thinking this.

Willice
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I think peopleshouldrelax and stop over thinking this.

Prolly right, but in my two and a half weeks browsing here I've never seen a thread move so fast on this forum.

DRRRRAMA!

petticoat
10-12-2012, 09:08 PM
We're Manson fans, hence we think. Also, this is more exciting train reading than Oscar Wilde's diary. Not to make light of any suffering occurring in the Manson camp of course. I bet dealers and lawyers are being called. Ron Zombie sounds like an utter tool. Even if the tour continues, I'd think the strain between them could effect performance.

AssetReign
10-12-2012, 09:11 PM
We're Manson fans, hence we think. Also, this is more exciting train reading than Oscar Wilde's diary. Not to make light of any suffering occurring in the Manson camp of course. I bet dealers and lawyers are being called. Ron Zombie sounds like an utter tool. Even if the tour continues, I'd think the strain between them could effect performance.

I agree. The best thing to do is stay away from one another and let the lawyers/agents sort it out.

Willice
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
It's kind of hard to think of these guys not getting along. (Based on outward appearance at least.)

icon
10-12-2012, 10:30 PM
ok..im gonna go smoke this joint and hope for official word when I get back in...I'm supposed to be fucking road tripping it to Bloomington tomorrow goddamnit.

crowded_morgue
10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
ok..im gonna go smoke this joint and hope for official word when I get back in...I'm supposed to be fucking road tripping it to Bloomington tomorrow goddamnit.

worst case scenario, a riot is being incited by rob zombie.

icon
10-12-2012, 10:47 PM
there is a link floating around on twitter from some Detroit news guy.

blue angel
10-12-2012, 11:14 PM
It's kind of hard to think of these guys not getting along. (Based on outward appearance at least.)
Not only on outward appearance, I thought that they would come off this tour becoming the best of friends. They are probably too much alike to succeed together.

Tigger
10-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I'll wait on official word but what the fuck, I'm travelling from Canada all the way to Dallas. Would not do that for just a Zombie show...

The Wax Gentleman
10-13-2012, 12:42 AM
In some weird way this reminds me of "The Campaign..."
It's stupid. Manson overreacts, and Rob Zombie is a bit of a conceited asshole.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539375_372354232850214_1613293588_n.jpg

This was uploaded to Facebook, it's a picture of the meet and greet.

Snuffy
10-13-2012, 01:41 AM
^first bright M&G this tour?

^ C'mon, dude, Zombie rocked out "School's Out For Summer." LOL For Robert Cummings, school's been out for 35 years and Alice Cooper might be "the real motherfucking deal" but no one should still be singing "School's Out For Summer" at 64.
+ in the autumn derp

there is a link floating around on twitter from some Detroit news guy.
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2012/10/marilyn_manson_rob_zombie_coul.html

You know, I liked Rob Zombie longer, but I like Manson way more..I did enjoy Rob's show but I was also put off by the commercial for his movie..hence why I've called him 'hollywood Rob Zombie' for years now. If anyone is having rockstar BS issues, it would seem to be him. Manson can put on a great show without the 'robots' and shit, like this past spring. And I mean really Manson was pissed last night, he didn't call Rob out onstage, but Rob has to do the name calling crap? wow...

I don't know, I'm just really irked by him, and I hope it's not an end all for those that have shows coming up.

Cannibal-Corpse
10-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Since i can't attend the show in my area i wouldn't mind the split, besides it'd give me an opportunity to see Manson for this tour if Manson does a solo show closer to my area

Does remind me of the Hole an Manson tour so far, If it makes it the rest of the dates i'll be surprised if it continues threw Europe.

Benjamin
10-13-2012, 05:23 AM
In some weird way this reminds me of "The Campaign..."
It's stupid. Manson overreacts, and Rob Zombie is a bit of a conceited asshole.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539375_372354232850214_1613293588_n.jpg

This was uploaded to Facebook, it's a picture of the meet and greet.

this is old picture, not from Twins of Evil.

icon
10-13-2012, 07:04 AM
^first bright M&G this tour?

+ in the autumn derp

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2012/10/marilyn_manson_rob_zombie_coul.html

You know, I liked Rob Zombie longer, but I like Manson way more..I did enjoy Rob's show but I was also put off by the commercial for his movie..hence why I've called him 'hollywood Rob Zombie' for years now. If anyone is having rockstar BS issues, it would seem to be him. Manson can put on a great show without the 'robots' and shit, like this past spring. And I mean really Manson was pissed last night, he didn't call Rob out onstage, but Rob has to do the name calling crap? wow...

I don't know, I'm just really irked by him, and I hope it's not an end all for those that have shows coming up.

Sorry if I don't feel obligated to post the link for you. If you are too lazy to find it for yourself then that is your fucking problem.

Manson101
10-13-2012, 07:08 AM
BTW- for those of you who don't know... the show in Chicago was cut short bc of venue curfew . had nothing to do with RZ . (another thing blown out or context )

Scorpion
10-13-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMD1BbvgVqo

Hey, Cruel World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCWbnAj1FFM
Piece of ACSS

petticoat
10-13-2012, 12:05 PM
In the audio Cringeon posted above, Manson doesn't even say Rob Zombie's name. Sure, you can say it's implied all you want.

The way I see it, Manson was railing at a number of things during the show in Chicago. I distinctly remember him naming Interscope and Cooking Vinyl, but, from the stage, I don't remember him saying anything negative about Rob Zombie at all. A tweet went out about the set being cut short and that Zombie's band had already played Beautiful People. That tweet was a humorous way to express displeasure. No big deal really. At the VIP party, it doesn't matter what Manson said, it was a semi-private event, but I will say that the few little smirky jibs he made about Rob Zombie, which were few and very short, as in "Fuck Rob Zombie", which may I add, drew laughs, not horrified gasps, as intended. So in Detroit, Manson says he's going to kick Rob Zombie's ass. So what. I've told my friends the same thing at times.

This is a far cry from what I've read and seen from Zombie. Apparently, his cage was rattled enough to verbally berate Manson over and over again from the stage and put out a couple of long-winded apologies on Facebook. In my years as a counselor, it's usually the one that is talking the most about their innocence that is the most guilty.

If this was all staged, forget everything I've said. In fact, forget it anyway. I'm gonna kick your ass! ;) j'k

pflumtamas
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTSJbM5ZlFU

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Listen to rob....

This is exactly what I'm talking about with Zombie. He behaves like that during the concert and then later acts as if it was all Manson's doing. They both acted unprofessionally but for Zombie to issue a statement portraying himself as an innocent is bullshit.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 12:14 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTSJbM5ZlFU

It's pretty damn obvious when Manson actually is drunk and I'm so over that adjective being used when it's clear (to me anyway) he's not drunk. Manson's natural speech pattern doesn't (and never has) include pronounced enunciation.

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 12:14 PM
If people don't just shut up I am going to kick everyone's ass three times.

arkahno
10-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm not against Rob Zombie, I love his work, and mostly I think Marilyn Manson is a son-of-a-bitch.

But after watch the video where Rob Zombie encourage the audience and his band to say "fuck you" to Manson and after read his rant about it, and after hear the audio where Manson supposedly attacked Rob, I can say Rob took the things too far.
Manson obviously is not making any comment because in Manson´s mind is nothing important, obviously Rob Zombie is giving the damn thing too much importance.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 12:18 PM
^ DV5
http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/5091-Honey-Boo-Boo

FeedYourHead
10-13-2012, 12:19 PM
"We are in Bloomington getting ready to sound check" -rob zombie's twitter

Wormboy96
10-13-2012, 12:19 PM
lol, MM had some choice words - had to wait for the DL to finish.
http://soundcloud.com/cringeon/manson-2012-10-12-10-the

Where can we get the audio of the full show? :)

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 12:22 PM
^ DV5
http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/5091-Honey-Boo-Boo

It was sarcasm. Honey Boo Boo could take both Rob and Manson on though!

Cringeon
10-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Be a lover, not a fighter ;)

DecayingSinner
10-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I love reading all the speculation. The show will go on.... It's funny because I don't remember anyone saying that this tour wasn't a good idea when it was announced...now it seems like everyone had their doubts. Kind of like how everyone hates The High End of Low now that Born Villain is out. Everyone loved that album when it was released.

petticoat
It's pretty damn obvious when Manson actually is drunk and I'm so over that adjective being used when it's clear (to me anyway) he's not drunk. Manson's natural speech pattern doesn't (and never has) include pronounced enunciation.

If he were drunk, that pelvic thrust at approximately 2:00 would've sent him teetering.

Per Manson's accent, I totally agree, AssetReign. As a fellow southerner, I know what it's like to be thought drunk when entirely non-drunk. His voice has a mellow roundness that doesn't exist in most parts of the country. Also: LOLZ (I found this video hilarious.)

Shangri-LIE
Here's what I don't get. Even though I really don't care anymore about it. Boo Hoo. Two grown men were calling each other names, who cares? Anyway, they both engaged in that type of behavior and it is between them only. Who literally gives a shit? Just drop it already.

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I said this in the Rob Zombie thread just a second ago, but can we drop it? Is this something we should care about? Two grown men calling each other names? It's between them alone. The fact that this conversation has lasted this long is ridiculous. Stop talking about it. Tonight is a chance for redemption!

The Overman
10-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I love reading all the speculation. The show will go on.... It's funny because I don't remember anyone saying that this tour wasn't a good idea when it was announced...now it seems like everyone had their doubts. Kind of like how everyone hates The High End of Low now that Born Villain is out. Everyone loved that album when it was released.

I don't remember this at all. The announcement thread is full of people who have a sense of trepidation about the tour, who are "only going to stick around for Manson", etc.

I've always disliked THEOL.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 12:52 PM
If he were drunk, that pelvic thrust at approximately 2:00 would've sent him teetering.

Per Manson's accent, I totally agree, AssetReign. As a fellow southerner, I know what it's like to be thought drunk when entirely non-drunk. His voice has a mellow roundness that doesn't exist in most parts of the country. Also: LOLZ (I found this video hilarious.)

Here's the video of Manson doing the reading of Blake where you can tell he's trying very hard to clearly enunciate and still that "slurring" speech pattern creeps in. Despite the fact he walks onstage carrying a glass of absinthe, he's obviously not "drunk."

http://youtu.be/xghpb_myA0E

gladcarrot
10-13-2012, 12:55 PM
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|509p6|2472700379|Zombie%20and%20Manson% 202012-10-12%20DTE%20mp3.rar|250957|0|0

ThreeEyedGod
10-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Rob Zombie sucks balls

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 12:58 PM
"Man walks onstage with a big glass of liquor/slightly slurring/though not drunk." :) Makes sense

thousand_kisses
10-13-2012, 12:59 PM

i said straight up that i wasn't real crazy about the idea, so can't point a finger at me :)

gladcarrot
10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
My recording from last night. Missed the first 6 Manson songs. Fucking traffic.

Dirge Inferno
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
This is so sad.

Cringeon
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the recording gladcarrot. Grabbed it from DIME, didn't want to upload the whole thing in lossy but just had to share the hijinks.

Dirge Inferno
10-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Did he just say: "Bubble minx"? LOL!

SatanBakesale
10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Haha I fucking called it really early on. I knew this tour would go the way of the Manson/Hole tour. I fucking knew it. It shouldn't really surprise anyone.

rusty shackleford
10-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Damn, you did call it lol. Maybe this will make Manson's shows kick even more ass and he might start playing longer in spite.

futurist
10-13-2012, 04:00 PM
haven't read through this whole thread yet, but this show was my first manson show. used to post on mansonusa way back in the day and finally had the opportunity to see him live. manson's set was great. would of ideally loved a little more of his old material, but saw that the crowd responded better to the newer stuff, surprisingly. i found my way right up front and started noticing the animosity once rob's set started. i haven't been following manson the past two albums and kind of figured maybe the friction was coming from the john5/ginger situation (don't know if that solo is a regular thing, but it seemed to me like a kind of fuck you precursor to zombie's rant.) ended up meeting Fred after the show and hanging out at the bus and he said it was all just stupid shit, nothing to worry about. he said tension was real high but it was all sorted out. Fred was a real cool guy, it was good talking to him. he said Manson has some cool ideas for intros for future dates involving a curtain/cape like from The Cell. hope to see Manson again some day on a solo tour.

The Wax Gentleman
10-13-2012, 04:13 PM
On the topic of the actual show, which we now seem to be leaning towards, here are a bunch of pictures:

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/audio-file-blog/15775741/marilyn-manson-and-rob-zombie-at-allstate-arena-photos

I was interested in this photo especially:

http://timeoutchicago.com/sites/timeoutchicago.com/files/imagecache/timeout_492x330/MarilynManson.mu.21_1.JPG

What are those things to the side of the double cross? Are they new set items? They sort of look like Zombie props.

blue angel
10-13-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd rather just go and see Alice Cooper!

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 04:21 PM
haven't read through this whole thread yet, but this show was my first manson show. used to post on mansonusa way back in the day and finally had the opportunity to see him live. manson's set was great. would of ideally loved a little more of his old material, but saw that the crowd responded better to the newer stuff, surprisingly. i found my way right up front and started noticing the animosity once rob's set started. i haven't been following manson the past two albums and kind of figured maybe the friction was coming from the john5/ginger situation (don't know if that solo is a regular thing, but it seemed to me like a kind of fuck you precursor to zombie's rant.) ended up meeting Fred after the show and hanging out at the bus and he said it was all just stupid shit, nothing to worry about. he said tension was real high but it was all sorted out. Fred was a real cool guy, it was good talking to him. he said Manson has some cool ideas for intros for future dates involving a curtain/cape like from The Cell. hope to see Manson again some day on a solo tour.

Way to have your cherry popped!

What are those things to the side of the double cross? Are they new set items? They sort of look like Zombie props.

They almost look like wings?

The Wax Gentleman
10-13-2012, 04:25 PM
They almost look like wings?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... I mean the big metal-like things that look like they're from Alien.

Cringeon
10-13-2012, 04:27 PM
They were at the SLC show, almost look like weird podium things. Don't think they are part of RZ's setup though.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... I mean the big metal-like things that look like they're from Alien.

I wasn't being at all sarcastic. They look like metal (expandable) wings to me.

Mi-CroMartie
10-13-2012, 04:57 PM
From Zombie's official FB:

"As stupid as this all is, I feel I must clear things up a little better. First off, I want to thank all the fans who came out in the freezing cold in Detroit last night. It was a total blast as always.

Unfortunately things turned ugly backstage. Why? I don't know, but for some reason our touring partner decided to end his set by blaming me for something that I had nothing to do with and screamin
g he was going to "kick Rob Zombie's ass as soon as he got off stage".

Go figure. I was backstage hanging, watching the show thinking "hey this is gonna be a great night", when suddenly he starts screaming threats. So strange. I don't get it. Christ, I've known some of his crew for 20 fucking years and some of his crew used work for me. It's all good. No one would fuck with someone's show. It is ridiculous.

Well, of course I felt the need to respond to the " kick my ass remark". Who wouldn't? Although I wish I had kept it backstage and kept the fans out of it. It is all 4rd grade fight after school nonsense of which I have never dealt with on tour before. Co-headlining tours always go smooth because everything is cut 50/50 and I mean everything. No one fucks with anyone's show. It is even fucking Steven.

I've done it co-headlining tours many times before and have had no troubles. Not with Pantera, Slayer, Alice Cooper, Korn, Megadeth or anyone ever. So I didn't expect any troubles on this. It seemed like a great idea at the time.

But shit happens. Anyway, sorry to the fans who had to dealt with the embarrassing stupidity of it all. We are all there for the same reasons to give you the best show ever… that's it."

APOLOGIZE TO MANSON FOR CUSSING HIM OUT, DOUCHEBAG.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 05:00 PM
^ His managers need to clamp their hands over his mouth, tape his fingers together, and tell him to STFU.

petticoat
10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
They look Bosch-esque -- whom I think the Alien monster was modeled after, but I could be thinking of something else.

thousand_kisses
10-13-2012, 05:20 PM
i thought "Alien" as well when i saw those.

Norsefire
10-13-2012, 05:43 PM
They look like broken up stained glass windows from a church to me. Similar themes to his old ACSS touring stage set up.

Snuffy
10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Well glad I'm not alone in wondering what those were haha

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Manson cussed him out first. How is everyone missing this? There's video and audio/concert goer testimony to this

Edit - and *coughpublicitystuntIcalleditfirstthismorning*

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 06:40 PM
This was way more fun than the Presidential debates.

thousand_kisses
10-13-2012, 06:41 PM
This was way more fun than the Presidential debates.

not gonna disagree with you there, brah

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
If it were a Presidential debate then who was Obomney and who was Robama?

filthytothecore
10-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I'd love to personally see what Manson thinks about this, I enjoyed Zombie back when He was White Zombie, But it seems his music has gotten shittier and repetive as time goes by. I'm 100% Manson Camp all the way in this issue as at least two memebers have actually talked with me,Zombie blew me off, I guess money talks when you can meet someone instead of actually chatting 1v1.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 07:05 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8t0xbmPG1rbuj4ro3_500.gif

filthytothecore
10-13-2012, 07:06 PM

Vote Manson or Vote zombie, Who would you vote for, Given the current circumstances?

Shangri-LIE
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM

You do realize I did that on purpose right? :) *I chuckled. *Drinks melted licorice

Cringeon
10-13-2012, 08:05 PM
A bit of an older article, but a good read.
http://www.theprp.com/2012/09/22/news/melvins-buzz-osbourne-says-tour-with-white-zombie-was-his-worst-touring-experience/

Anyway, they were pretty good live for a band like this, but I do remember the drummer telling me that they probably couldn’t even do a live show without backing tapes running pretty much the whole show. Whatever. At least NIN and their heavy-duty arena crew were nice to us and that whole tour, despite the rock and roll posturing horseshit was a cake walk compared to the next band we did a big wheel “arena” tour with, which was White Zombie…
Easily the worst touring experience of my entire life was the White Zombie tour we did. I could write a whole book about that infernal bullshit. On the first day of the tour, the first person we met from the entire White Zombie cast and crew was a mullet headed road manager who ended up behaving like a mean version of Cotton Mather.
He was a “professional” roadie. Now I have never met a group of people who hate music more than professional roadies, and it is clearly obvious that 99.9 percent of them know nothing at all about music. Nothing. I find this to be quite strange really. It’s like someone who works in a bakery knowing nothing about baking. Actually this also extends to most of the bands these guys work for as well, but I pretty much lump all of these bands and crew into one big sewage pit. It’s fitting.

Mr. Mullet told us straight up that he was going to see to it that we got fucked over every night PA-wise in order to not piss off his boss, the swollen White Zombie dictator Rob Zombie. And it just went from there. He openly told us that Rob acted a prick to him, and that’s how life on the road was going to go for us as well.
Perfect. One insane thing after another every day for the whole tour. On one of the few times we actually got a soundcheck, Mr. Mullet came on stage and pulled the plug because Rob was eating and that we were to “shut the fuck up” because he didn’t like the “noise.”
My instant thought was what the fuck is he eating, a Faberge Egg omelet? I’d been to their catering and it was the same swill they always serve at these horrid rock’n'roll extravaganzas which amounts to nothing more than disgusting macaroni and cheese type garbage and an assortment of what appears to be dead things in jelly.
You’d think he’d want some kind of booming symphonic distraction to help disguise the fact that he’s eating a big plate of steaming dog shit. Or so you would think….
And the idiocy didn’t stop there. Rob did this between song speech every night that consisted of unintelligible talking gibberish delivered in a “heavy metal” guttural grunt, and at some point he inevitably started saying “they said we couldn’t do it, they said it couldn’t be done.” Which I’m guessing is in reference to them surprisingly being able to peddle another million records to their highly gullible brainless fans. I’m not sure why he thought his dull minions needed to know this. Their entire thing was just dumb.
Don’t get me wrong, it was all our fault for doing a stupid tour like that in the first place and I certainly can’t blame them for that. We accepted the offer! Big mistake on our part but we did learn our lesson as a result of that stupidity. I think it’s a bad idea for us to try to sell our band like that.
Actually, we believed that then as well, but it was their idea to have us along and for some reason that remains a mystery to me, they paid us pretty well.
But those days are over for us. Now, I would rather eat my own shit then do another tour with people who behave like that. Actually if not my own, then who’s shit would I eat? That’s a good question….”

Celebrity Killing Spree
10-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Zombie fucked Manson's set list
Manson fucked Zombie's wife

Totally called it.

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 09:44 PM

Totally called it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb2o49LJBn1rnbhyuo1_500.gif

AssetReign
10-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Edit - and *coughpublicitystuntIcalleditfirstthismorning*

You called it wrong. It definitely wasn't a publicity stunt.

10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Honestly, I think Dv5 has a point with the publicity stunt. What really made me think that was how John 5 got involved with saying "Fuck you, motherfucker". From what I've seen, John 5 is always very careful with his choice of words in interviews and seems to very much like to keep the peace. I just can't see him being so confrontational and antagonistic or even just getting involved in squabbles.

Either way, I really wouldn't worry about dates being cancelled with all the money and management that was invested to set the tour up.

iggy
10-14-2012, 07:47 AM
I don't who I dislike more for this. Manson being a cunt over 15 minutes being cut (gee, that's what happens when you start late). Or Zombie for being a cunt on stage about it.

Christina
10-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I think it's just hilarious, mostly cause I can't go and see them so if it ends I could care less (sorry ticket buyers).
I knew when I first heard about this tour happening, that it would be a disaster because you can't put two huge artistic egos that damn big in the same room and not expect a fight. And if Manson doesn't drop off of the tour (doubt he will because too much money would be lost), expect more crap to come. Even now, this may be the beginning of the wedge and more spiteful things that are to come.

Shangri-LIE
10-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Stop talking about it. I really really really mean it.

Christina
10-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Are you gonna kick our ass three times?

Shangri-LIE
10-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Are you gonna kick our ass three times?

Don't tell me what to do!

The Hand
10-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Wellllll... if Manson was late, it's a bit rich for him to expect Rob to cut his set short just to indulge that.

on the other hand, would the extra 4 minutes really have seen them violate the curfew? Seems hard to believe

publicity stunt is possible, but a bit hard to see how it would instill buyer confidence - "looks like this tour is going to implode, better buy some tickets!"

Manichaeist
10-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I think it's just hilarious, mostly cause I can't go and see them so if it ends I could care less.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering exactly what would cause you to care less

Manichaeist
10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKFgjiwckBM

quite honestly I can't make out a single word in this. has anyone posted a clip that wasn't shot in 1964?

Learning2FakeIt
10-14-2012, 01:19 PM
For the love of fuck I hope Manson can act like a fucking adult and resolve this!! I made my travel arrangments for the ct show and bought a VIP meet and greet ticket. FUCK!

Nibz
10-14-2012, 01:27 PM
I guess I should start with a brief intro since Im new here. Been a Manson fan since 1998. I don’t care for engaging in Internet-y things like Facebook (although I have a twitter account) or online message boards so I have never posted on any other Manson board before. I did, however, frequent mansonusa, babalon etc to catch up on news and whatnot. Kudos to the owner(s) and mod(s) for making this place my newest go-to source.

So Im posting my thoughts on the whole ‘controversy’ surrounding this show. First, at the venue I’d say that the Manson shirts and the Zombie shirts seen were 50/50 (there’s a purpose to this sentence later). You could tell onstage Manson was pissed off with his ‘I’m gonna kick ass after this show’ comments and other things that I couldn’t quite catch but I’m sure you’ve heard by now. Now, Manson didn’t say Zombies name at all (that I can remember at least). Side Note: I’ve been to about 5-6 Manson shows and this show had the best version of Beautiful People I’ve seen live because Manson made some rants match the beat of the song lol

Then Zombie came on and shit all over him. I couldn’t believe it. I mean, I understood Zombie wouldn’t lie down and take it. But he attacked Manson’s work, used “Brian Hugh”, and what irritated me most was having the crowd get involved. I felt so awkward out there in the crowd, where I know 50% of us were Manson fans. Having another artist try and have you attack someone you admire is totally childish. Making fans in the crowd feel awkward because of that is not cool either. I’m not saying Manson is right here. He is known to be a baby. But Zombie could have raised the bar or let it stay equal, not lower it.

Anyways, some of you are wondering about the VIP thing. I went and it was Twiggy and Manson. This tiff didn’t seem to bother Manson at all, so I’m led to believe he doesn’t take it really serious. He was all jokes and had everyone laughing. He was in really good spirits. From what I heard, there was no Zombie bashing. I wanted to ask him about what happened out there (the fighting) but conversation lead to other topics and I forgot. Twiggy is a sweetheart. I personally feel the tour will go on and that Manson just wants to see how far he can piss Zombie off (which is not cool either but Zombie should have known Manson’s reputation by now). So VIP wasn’t affected in a negative way because of this.

Here are some of my pictures (I dont know what Im doing so hopefully they turn up on here):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/manson1k.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/manson2.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/manson3.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/manson4.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/222/manson5.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/manson6.jpg

Christina
10-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering exactly what would cause you to care less

My reason for caring less is right in that quote. There is no other reason.

Shangri-LIE
10-14-2012, 03:35 PM

I know you. You never care'd bout nothin'!

Olivia
10-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Some things I feel the need to reply to after reading this thread over:

1. The meat & greet was not light, nor was that photo (from an oblivion back) even from the Detroit M&G.
2. I'm not really sure what the things on the side of the stage were. They were definitely NOT wings of any sort. I don't recall them being used for anything other than decorations, but we had super shitty seats. They were not Rob's.
3. Manson did indeed mention kicking Rob Zombie's ass. I've heard a few things, like that Zombie was the one who attacked him backstage. Manson showed Zsa Zsa his knuckles and such, as was mentioned before.

The meat & greet was great. My signing was pretty lame, since Manson seemed more interested in talking to the girls he chose from the line than to me, but our photo was really fun. We got to briefly meet Fred in line outside before coming into the room. Zsa Zsa had Manson sign a pair of Chucks I customized for him; Manson seemed to like them and had a roadie guy take photos of them. He also said he (Manson) should kick Rob's ass with them. Manson took my glasses off of my face and huffed on them before I walked out of the room, which was super lulzy. Photos are forthcoming, and we got a decent video of Coma White. Born Villain was playing on an iPod in the background, which was really hysterical to me.

CellarOwl
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM
The publicity stunt thing is funny, because all I'm reading is fans worried the tour could be cancelled somewhere. Usually people don't put money into something they're not confident about. Yeah it generates publicity, but the point is to drive sales--not make people who are already on the fence about going second-guess whether they should or not... especially if there's a potential that it'll negatively affect the shows, which there is with reduced sets, etc. Nobody wants to pay for a shitty concert.

Likely it's two battling egos, two battling productions both trying to be King Shit on the tour, so they're going to cross each other. Why would Zombie sacrifice his reputation and Manson fuck over the 5-10K people who paid to see the show? You don't shit where you eat. Neither of them would be able to recover from the fallout if that was their goal.

futurist
10-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Olivia, were you the girl on the couch in back who took a picture with Fred? could have been right after I met him and he was taking us to the bus.

Mok
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Totally called it.

lmao

Olivia
10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Nope! We didn't go on the bus or anything. He was just wandering through the line and he popped up next to us for a mo'.

Pestilence
10-14-2012, 10:33 PM
I was at the meet greet as well with a very colorful G/f named Apryl with Rainbow hair and a dead squirell shirt on. Manson did seem interested mroe in the girls than the fans, however it was a bad ass time. The shows were both awesome solid sets. I was embarassed when Rob Zombie was talking so much shit about Manson. I actually asked Manson about the turn of events and he said "it got physical" he showed me his knuckels and I said "really?" he said "yeah I didn't get these from kissing girls" he was pointing at a few marks on his left knuckles. Confirmed by Apryl because she was going to get her purse from security. According to them Rob Zombie attacked Marilyn Manson between sets.

Also have anyone recieved their photos yet?

I met Fred too he stood right next to me and I said "Hi Fred" he said "hey" and then walked off xD Twigg fucking blamed me for farting and I actually had a lot of fun talking to Twiggy. He's fucking awesome. He and Apryl were joking around alot and despite all of the girly gossip in the crowd between my g/f and some chick about Manson fucking young girls. It was excellent. I locked up because I was last in line and Twiggy was standing right next to me. I didn't know what to say because A. My ears were fucking ringing. B. The gossip distracted me from asking him any relavent questions and C. I was nervous as fucking hell xD

Manichaeist
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM

I think you meant to say you could not care less

petticoat
10-14-2012, 11:00 PM
.... and he was taking us to the bus.

Elaborate por favor.

AssetReign
10-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Olivia, were you the girl on the couch in back who took a picture with Fred? could have been right after I met him and he was taking us to the bus.

Who is "he"? Fred or Manson?

HeartShapedAsses
10-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Rock star word battle, love it.

Divine
10-15-2012, 03:40 AM
If both of these guys weren't so old this would be much funnier

Just kinda sad to see 40 year old's beef on stage

10-15-2012, 05:06 AM
Eh, maybe there was a normal/general fuck up and they just blew it up to get people riled up. People expect chaos out of Marilyn Manson, or at lease used too and same goes for RZ. They both love media attention. If there were any two rock n' roll bands in the world that would do something like this it would be these guys so whatever. I think the people who are actually worried about gigs being cancelled are really jumping the gun big time and I doubt it would have even crossed either of their minds.

10-15-2012, 08:39 AM
RZ Facebook- The Twins Of Evil tour is still alive and well and headed to OHIO today! DOn't miss it.

Learning2FakeIt
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2012/10/rob_zombie_says_tour_with_mari.html

Hope the guys can keep it together!

Fifteen
10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Eh, maybe there was a normal/general fuck up and they just blew it up to get people riled up. People expect chaos out of Marilyn Manson, or at lease used too and same goes for RZ. They both love media attention. If there were any two rock n' roll bands in the world that would do something like this it would be these guys so whatever. I think the people who are actually worried about gigs being cancelled are really jumping the gun big time and I doubt it would have even crossed either of their minds.
Ahw, well, there is a lot of excitement and emotion involved for those who still have a concert ahead of them you know. I don't think it's all that weird those people react fiercely when anything at all occurs that might ruin their possibility to see Manson & co, and then drag a lot of other people along for the ride because something small suddenly seems like a big deal because there are some pages spent talking on it.

loftvoker
10-24-2012, 06:07 PM
If both of these guys weren't so old this would be much funnier

Just kinda sad to see 40 year old's beef on stage

I'm sure Manson started it - he's sort of a diva.