PDA

View Full Version : Twins of Evil [072]: Oct 15 2012 - Coelli Center - Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Norsefire
07-15-2012, 11:10 AM
15 October 2012
Venue: Coelli Center

http://marilynmanson.com - http://robzombie.com

Members Attending:

Dv5
red.
TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
darluh
GOGO8675309
Marsmind
cryptorchidangel

Shangri-LIE
07-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Going.

red.
07-19-2012, 09:30 PM
going

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
07-20-2012, 01:19 PM
going.

darluh
07-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Going...possibly alone :[

Scotty
08-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I am hoping to make it to this one... Hoping GA pit tickets are still left on TM in a few weeks when I can get them, lol.

darluh
08-21-2012, 09:34 AM
I've got my ticket, should be the first one in line :)

GOGO8675309
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm going to this show too... First time traveling for a Manson concert. I'm just in Pittsburgh, so this isn't too far for me.. I'm excited though.

Marsmind
09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Mars Mind - Going and also going to the VIP after party thingy with two other people.

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
So who all is going as a VIP? We should start a separate list up top. Or right here haha.
So far from reading the posts it is:
-Marsmind
-TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
-red.
-GOGO8675309

Anyone else?

GOGO8675309
10-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I got the VIP package as well :-)

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Did anyone going to VIP get their email about what time to arrive, or also the one asking who will pick up the ticket?

Superfuzz
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM
If anyone has a VIP that they need to sell or cannot make please let me know! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it but now I can and the VIP is sold out....blah. So I'm looking for some help! I'm not even sure if golden ticket will let you transfer it but it can't hurt to try.

Marsmind
10-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Did anyone going to VIP get their email about what time to arrive, or also the one asking who will pick up the ticket?
Ours said be there by 4pm but I would try to get in line by 3:30.

GOGO8675309
10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I got VIP tickets for both Manson & Zombie. The email I received yesterday said Zombie meet and greet people should arrive by 3:45, and Manson people by 4:00.

Superfuzz
10-13-2012, 09:03 AM
If anyone has an extra floor ticket or decet seat to this show pm me!

cryptorchidangel
10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
going!

FeedYourHead
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Manson would be playing at his home state on the 15th.

Shangri-LIE
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
This is going to be an awesome show.

Learning2FakeIt
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Question for those of you who have been to a Twins of Evil show already. Is the General Admission Floor split up into seperate sections or is it all one big pit? For example, I have been shows where the pit is split into two sections: a front VIP pit right in front of the stage, and another general admission floor section behind it.

cryptorchidangel
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Manson fucking ruled, awesome show. And BTW, manson's set gets cut short so zombie can waste time and walk around and handshake fans for 20 mins and play an extra song at his leisure. Lame!!!!

petticoat
10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I kinda sorta can't believe they cut it short....again. Unless he was late coming on ...

xXxTravisxXx
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Evidently the same set from Saturday, which is the shorter "hits" setlist. That means nothing extra like "The Reflecting God" or any surprises. So he must be forced to keep this shortened setlist based on time constraints now, but I must say it is lame that Zombie can add songs and take his sweet ass time and Manson is kept on a short leash.

Heather Quick
10-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Evidently the same set from Saturday, which is the shorter "hits" setlist. That means nothing extra like "The Reflecting God" or any surprises. So he must be forced to keep this shortened setlist based on time constraints now, but I must say it is lame that Zombie can add songs and take his sweet ass time and Manson is kept on a short leash.

I thought Rob Zombie said it was everything 50/50?! What a fucking moron. HOLY SHIT!

rusty shackleford
10-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I kinda sorta can't believe they cut it short....again. Unless he was late coming on ...
I seriously doubt Manson is late this frequently...Rob is a douche.

xXxTravisxXx
10-15-2012, 08:40 PM
I thought Rob Zombie said it was everything 50/50?! What a fucking moron. HOLY SHIT!
Exactly! That's why this has to be so irritating for Manson. I mean Manson is really playing support for Zombie, if it was co-headlining they would rotate headliners every night.

rusty shackleford
10-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I seriously think someone needs to say something to Rob....

petticoat
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I haven't heard the first person say that Manson came on late for any of the shows. In Chicago, he was on a couple minutes before 8.

Manichaeist
10-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I haven't heard the first person say that Manson came on late for any of the shows. In Chicago, he was on a couple minutes before 8.

so what's he get an hour before Zombie cuts him off?

thousand_kisses
10-15-2012, 08:49 PM
i don't know about this 50/50 thing -- in both salt lake city and denver it sure seemed like rob zombie played longer than manson. either that, or time was moving very slowly because i really wasn't that into his set and was getting kind of restless for it to be over....

xXxTravisxXx
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Zombie just said this whole tour was 50/50 so that's where we're getting that information from.

thousand_kisses
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Zombie just said this whole tour was 50/50 so that's where we're getting that information from.

oh, i know he said that, but i think he's full of shit. manson played roughly 1 hr. 10 minutes and i am positive rob zombie's set was way longer than that. it's more like 40/60 than 50/50, i'd say

xXxTravisxXx
10-15-2012, 09:09 PM
oh, i know he said that, but i think he's full of shit. manson played roughly 1 hr. 10 minutes and i am positive rob zombie's set was way longer than that. it's more like 40/60 than 50/50, i'd say
No doubt about it. Honestly, Manson should have dropped from the tour after the Detroit show. I know it probably comes down to money and what not, but it just sucks to see this continue to happen to him when he could just be doing a US headlining run himself and doing exactly what he wants to. I hope there is another US run for him, but I highly doubt it on this touring cycle.

Christina
10-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Now Manson's gonna have to kick his ass SIX times!

omgsamantha
10-15-2012, 09:14 PM
this is getting ridiculous. how many times has it happened now?

Christina
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I heard Manson acted like he didn't even wanna be there. This true?

NapalmHeart
10-15-2012, 10:58 PM
^Who said that? Let me guess... a Zombie fan?

Speaking of stage times:

08:00 - 09:10pm MANSON
09:40 - 11:00pm ZOMBIE

That's already 10 minutes more for Zombie. I don't know why they don't start a little earlier since most US venues seem to have an 11pm curfew...

R_Flagg
10-15-2012, 11:54 PM
We'll see during the South America dates what he does with that extra time.

10-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Are we seriously pissing our pants over 10 minutes?

rusty shackleford
10-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Ten minutes could be two songs. Are you seriously saying you don't care if you get two more songs?

DecayingSinner
10-16-2012, 02:47 AM
I agree. It's only 10 minutes.

Shangri-LIE
10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
LOL

10-16-2012, 06:40 AM
It's not that I don't care, just that I really don't think those 10 minutes is what is ruining the set list - the set list for this tour has been the worst yet in his entire career. This blaming Rob Zombie game is pretty juvenile. It takes a monumental amount of organisation to put together a world tour, especially one with co-headliners and none of us would know the first thing about what goes on behind the scenes. It is annoying, yes, but fucking hell... Marilyn Manson knew well in advanced that he was going to be playing BEFORE a guy that was going to be setting up massive screens, pyrotechnics and robotics. I'm sure it at least crossed his mind once that these things take time to put together and that things often don't work out in real life and there are fuck ups

EDIT: Furthermore, you knew you were buying tickets to see him play before Rob Zombie. Guys that play first don't get the last word. They get fucked. It's how it is. At a pub gig or in a stadium.

Shangri-LIE
10-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Marilyn Manson is a troll. Get used to it. Deal with it.

10-16-2012, 06:52 AM
^

Yes - that and the whole thing is staged, anyway. lol!

Shangri-LIE
10-16-2012, 06:54 AM
^

Yes - that and the whole thing is staged, anyway. lol!

"My shame's not afraid to repeat itself. I do this because I hate of all of you" ;) lol

NapalmHeart
10-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Wait wait. 10 minutes difference WITHOUT any setlist cuts. If for whatever reason Manson's set gets cut 1 or 2 songs, then we're already talking about 3 or 4 songs.

And this is not the worst setlist, there's a perfect balance between new songs, hits (every review mentions Personal Jesus for example, there's a reason why it's still in the setlist) and songs that weren't hits, but are awesome live (Antichrist Superstar, The Love Song, Coma White, The Reflecting God,...) and each of those songs with great props and show effects that add to the show.

All these conversations and arguments get way too technical in my opinion though. I for my part enjoy this throwback to exciting rock 'n' roll days. Where else do you find a massive world tour that brings trouble and chaos like this one? But I guess even then people find something to complain about, even if it's about an artist whose discussion boards they visit every single day lol.

Christina
10-16-2012, 07:54 AM
^Who said that? Let me guess... a Zombie fan?

Nope.

They said that Manson had the attitude he didn't wanna be there and if his time is getting cut short, wouldn't you have that attitude too?

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Well, I'm not here to bitch. Yesterday at this show was the greatest day of my life. We were standing right ion the barrier in front of Twiggy. Although Manson's setlist was short, he killed it out there! He was VERY into it and put his all into the performance. He stabbed a beer with his knife-mic and told us not to do drugs. Then he continued to pour "cocaine" out of a little tube onto the stage. I have no idea what it really was but it was hilarious. He told us how he got crabs here and was talking a lot between songs. It was really fun! His voice was extremely strong tonight. Also, Teena Byrd was in attendance. She squeezed in next to me and me and my boyfriend totally did a double take on her. We started talking to her and also complaining about this one kid who was trying to get up to the barrier and touching my friend's boobs. She said she loved me and kissed me on the cheek. That was a definite wtf moment seeing as I am also a girl, who is straight, and I had only known her for about 20 minutes. Only a little creepy, especially since her lipstick was on my face.

Oh and the opener was pure shit. Sounded like a confused computer. It sounded like if my computer had an error and kept occasionally trying to pull up songs from my itunes. I couldn't even find a beat in that shit if I tried (and I did try).

Anyway, Rob Zombie put on a great show too. I'm a huge John5 fan and he kept waving at me and pointing to me. He eventually threw his pick to me and I almost cried of joy. I held it up and thanked him for it and he winked at me and nodded his head. Manson's right, he is an extremely nice guy. Me and my group also got to help hold up Rob while he walked along the barrier while singing.

The "after-party" couldn't have been more worth it. I shook both Manson and Twiggy's hands and they signed my mask. Twiggy did that weird finger wiggling thing on my wrist when he shook my hand. So I did the old "hey I'm pulse" and made my hand throb when I shook his hand. We both acted really serious while doing this for about 10 seconds, then we laughed and I walked away after thanking Manson for everything he's done. Both Manson and Twiggy were making Communism jokes to my boyfriend and friend because they are both from Russia. The whole thing was just very laid back and fun. There was a ton of A Christmas Story leg-lamps everywhere back there too. Most of them written on by people. It was pretty funny.
Then once we made our way up for the pictures Manson grabbed my leg and pulled it up and Twiggy stood next to me doing who-knows-what. I'll find out tomorrow. But then they took another picture and for some reason my tongue just came out of my mouth. I was like "haha my tongue was out in the second picture. I don't even know how or why that happened." Manson told me something along the lines of "It's okay to have your tongue out... like a cat. Cats stick their tongues out." That made my night (as if my night hadn't already been made a million times).

Great show, great energy, best day ever.

Anyone got videos of Manson/Zombie at this show?

FeedYourHead
10-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Thank you TH15x15xMYxOMeGA for actually contributing something to this thread.

I would LOVE it if everyone who did the VIP meet & greet wrote up really detailed descriptions of their experiences and then all those anecdotes were combined into a book or pdf or something. It would be great to be able to go back and read all about how Manson interacted with his fans like ten years from now. And also now, but you know what I mean. A compilation would be fab.

Also, of course I'm one of the first people to care deeply if I don't get to see Manson play Coma White or TRG, but I also feel like knowing that he was touring with zombie, we all should have expected this. We should expect that his set would be shorter than it would be if he had toured alone, like HCW tour. Yeah it's supposed to be 50/50 but be realistic guys, we all knew he was going to be going on stage before zombie, and we all knew this would end up being more of a "zombie as the main event" thing. So let's get over it, yeah?

darluh
10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
This was my 20th Manson show. I got there really early, and I ended up front center behind some squishy gay men which was fine. I really wanted the rail but being unable to get a VIP ticket, it worked out okay. The GA room was filled with mostly Manson fans before we were let into the venue. The energy of the crowd was very..."we're here for a rock show and we kind of like Manson" which was strange to me. Lol. This was my first show in Ohio, I usually go to DC/Baltimore/NYC where shit gets a bit crazier, but I'm still in pain today so that's a good sign.

Manson was energetic, sounded great and put on a good show, talked about funny stuff etc.. his dad was there at the show and he told everyone to scream for his dad at one point, which was cute. Something seemed weird, like he wasn't as in-tune with the crowd as he normally is, which may have to do with the space between the stage and the crowd was wide and he couldn't really physically interact much. I could be making this up in my brain because of this feud shit, not sure. The mic fucked up at one point but it generally sounded good. He didn't really throw a lot of towels or random things into the crowd, I believe he threw his sunglasses and a pick and that's about it. There was shiney silver confetti and the regular confetti, in addition to FOAM SNOW which was exciting. I was really hoping for a song that wasn't in the normal set list but it was great regardless. I wish I could have gotten a VIP ticket, it was too late before I had gathered the money, but I still had a great time.

Zombie's set was very firey and hot, with big robots and monitors. He sounded really good. I stared at John 5 during the first song then I decided to retreat to the back and drink some water. His set list was longer than Manson's. I decided to leave after about an hour and beat the traffic. And that's all I have to say about that.

AssetReign
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Marilyn Manson is a troll. Get used to it. Deal with it.

More and more lately that's exactly how you're coming across. Stop it.

10 minutes cut is a big deal.

xXxTravisxXx
10-16-2012, 10:20 AM
More and more lately that's exactly how you're coming across. Stop it.

10 minutes cut is a big deal.
Quoted for truth.

pflumtamas
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Personal Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKujT1oICKs

mOBSCENE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOylRlZpH00&feature=plcp

Sweet Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWr9DVd0ig&feature=plcp

The Beautiful People

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTT-he-KAk&feature=plcp

red.
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
the fact that Teena Byrd was rubbing her tits all over me and my friend,and kissing my girlfriend was kinda weeeeird.
Great MM experinece though.

Heather Quick
10-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Some pictures: http://www.vindy.com/photos/galleries/2012/oct/15/marilyn-manson/

Shangri-LIE
10-16-2012, 01:08 PM
To tell the truth I'm not trying to come off as a troll. I just think the amount of bickering is ridiculous.

petticoat
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Did anybody meet Hugh? I hear he's a kick in the pants.

AssetReign
10-16-2012, 01:56 PM
^ Great vids! Ohio showing the love for their native son.

ikkedylandus
10-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Is this real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okf727fKMcc

AssetReign
10-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Is what real?

Shangri-LIE
10-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I ..haven't heard that version of Man that You Fear yet. When is it from?

ikkedylandus
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Well apparently from last night's show

Cringeon
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
No, that is an old recording.

AssetReign
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
^ That's not Manson speaking at the beginning.

red.
10-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah they didn't play that song. I wish!

10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Wait wait. 10 minutes difference WITHOUT any setlist cuts. If for whatever reason Manson's set gets cut 1 or 2 songs, then we're already talking about 3 or 4 songs.

And this is not the worst setlist, there's a perfect balance between new songs, hits (every review mentions Personal Jesus for example, there's a reason why it's still in the setlist) and songs that weren't hits, but are awesome live (Antichrist Superstar, The Love Song, Coma White, The Reflecting God,...) and each of those songs with great props and show effects that add to the show.

All these conversations and arguments get way too technical in my opinion though. I for my part enjoy this throwback to exciting rock 'n' roll days. Where else do you find a massive world tour that brings trouble and chaos like this one? But I guess even then people find something to complain about, even if it's about an artist whose discussion boards they visit every single day lol.

I find it bizarre that you've failed to see that you were actually the one complaining.

NapalmHeart
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Uhm not really, no. I'm talking about two different things here. On the one hand we have an exciting tour going on and on the other hand we have those whiny little bitches that call themselves fans when all they do is talk shit about Manson. The fact that Manson's set got cut, for whatever reason, is a whole different issue too.

AssetReign
10-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Uhm not really, no. I'm talking about two different things here. On the one hand we have an exciting tour going on and on the other hand we have those whiny little bitches that call themselves fans when all they do is talk shit about Manson. The fact that Manson's set got cut, for whatever reason, is a whole different issue too.

I feel sorry for those "whiny little bitches" who have nothing better to do than spend their days on a message board dedicated to someone they don't like. Their lives must suck. :(

Dirge Inferno
10-17-2012, 02:18 AM

Someone crying :(?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5lfurIjBV1rtmtzro1_500.gif

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Wow. Manson's voice in the videos sounds awful compared to how it really sounded at the show.

NapalmHeart
10-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Way to go, Rob Zombie! Link to an "excellent" review that's bashing your tour partner and give people a platform to talk shit about Manson.

https://www.facebook.com/RobZombie/posts/454176194625191

Manichaeist
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
not really bashing, but ok

also, is DJ Starscream opening all the shows now? That would be kind of awesome.

Emma
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Way to go, Rob Zombie! Link to an "excellent" review that's bashing your tour partner and give people a platform to talk shit about Manson.

Way to go for making another mountain out of a molehill - this was not posted to slight Manson - I skim read the review and for the most part it was good. I didn't see the part where it says "lacklustre" when I gave it a quick run-through earlier (the only 'negative' word I can see in the whole review in regards to Manson, so I hardly call that bashing)- something I have only just seen now you have mentioned this.

Goddammit! I am getting sick of this. We are not in control of what the fans say anymore than Manson controls fans here.

URGH!

It was NOT put up to slight Manson, it was put up - AGAIN - because it seemed from a prefunctionary read - to be overall good.

Had it up to here with this!

10-17-2012, 09:49 AM
What caught my attention on Zombies website was the quote - Yes, yes, storm in a teacup as the Brits would say. Sod the gossip because the show goes on. So I would doubt that article was published to stab at Manson

10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Way to go for making another mountain out of a molehill - this was not posted to slight Manson - I skim read the review and for the most part it was good. I didn't see the part where it says "lacklustre" when I gave it a quick run-through earlier (the only 'negative' word I can see in the whole review in regards to Manson, so I hardly call that bashing)- something I have only just seen now you have mentioned this.

Goddammit! I am getting sick of this. We are not in control of what the fans say anymore than Manson controls fans here.

URGH!

It was NOT put up to slight Manson, it was put up - AGAIN - because it seemed from a prefunctionary read - to be overall good.

Had it up to here with this!

I was called a "whiny little bitch" for making this exact point.

Emma
10-17-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm just sick of the arguing.

also, is DJ Starscream opening all the shows now? That would be kind of awesome.

As far as I am aware yes he is. Davis is still on orders from Docs to rest.

petticoat
10-17-2012, 11:30 AM

With "excellent" in all caps? Really?

From the review:
This debauchery roared on with the tour’s first twin, Marilyn Manson, who preformed a lack-luster full set of fan favorites and tracks from his new album, Born Villain, paired — naturally — with obscene imagery, intricate stage props, and emotive light show.

First of all, learn to spell performed correctly. Second, lackluster is one word. Third, this is so condescending towards MM that I can hardly believe RZ would call this an EXCELLENT review. Ridiculous and also funny that he linked it. He must still be sore.

Emma
10-17-2012, 11:39 AM
With "excellent" in all caps? Really?

From the review:
This debauchery roared on with the tour’s first twin, Marilyn Manson, who preformed a lack-luster full set of fan favorites and tracks from his new album, Born Villain, paired — naturally — with obscene imagery, intricate stage props, and emotive light show.

First of all, learn to spell performed correctly. Second, lackluster is one word. Third, this is so condescending towards MM that I can hardly believe RZ would call this an EXCELLENT review. Ridiculous and also funny that he linked it. He must still be sore.

1) it's one word out of everything written about Manson

2) the overall review is good, even towards Manson, but if you have a problem with it, take it up with the reviewer

3) the spelling was taken right from a copy and paste of the article so if you want to get not spellcheck nitpicking, take it up with them

4) it was a skim read of the review, and overall seemed good which is why I posted, as you can see from my post explaining things which was ignored. There was no agenda and no one is sore and I am sick and tired of people making it out to be so. You do realise it was the press who blew this out or proportion and despite any differences, Manson and Zombie are getting on with things, so why can't people just get on, enjoy the shows and be done with it.

EDIT: i'll make sure in future to read and scrutinise every word in an article before posting next time to be sure nothing can be seen as disparaging, even in the teensiest bit towards any of the artists. Maybe then people can just get on.

petticoat
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Emma, hello, and I'm not sure why you're addressing me specifically but I couldn't care less if RZ puts up a review (link rife with errors by a reviewer who didn't even bother to check spelling) about his show. That he called it, and I quote directly from his FB page, an "EXCELLENT review from Youngstown Ohio" and the review calls Manson's performance lackluster, to me, and apparently a few others, is quite telling.

(lack·lus·ter/ˈlakˌləstər/
Adjective:

Lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired.
(of the hair or the eyes) Not shining; dull.

Emma
10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Emma, hello, and I'm not sure why you're addressing me specifically but I couldn't care less if RZ puts up a review (link rife with errors by a reviewer who didn't even bother to check spelling) about his show. That he called it, and I quote directly from his FB page, an "EXCELLENT review from Youngstown Ohio" and the review calls Manson's performance lackluster, to me, and apparently a few others, is quite telling.

Adjective:

If you care to read everything, I posted the review onto robzombie.com amd crossposted onto Facebook and I have explained why. At the moment I am trying to delve through so much press shit to get something to move all parties forward. I had a skim read of it and it didn't seem bad so I posted it and it was ME that posted excellent - I hadn't seen the word lacklustre in there, and as I said in my above post I will make sure to scrutinise every word next time.

there was no agenda to post this review, no slight intended towards Manson and no slight intended towards the fans.

I am getting so sick though of people not trying to rise above stuff and move on - enjoy it for what it is, and just put the pettiness behind because they are and again unless you want to claim I have an agenda in posting this review, I politely suggest everyone drops it.

xXxTravisxXx
10-17-2012, 11:54 AM

Adjective:

Absolutely agreed.

Emma
10-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Absolutely agreed.

Please read my posts above and get the full picture.

petticoat
10-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Hopefully, it'll just blow over, but I think most people that see RZ's FB page might not understand that someone else is posting for him and think that it is RZ himself that found the review "EXCELLENT." If you need some help, Emma, going through all that press, let me know, I have some time off. Surely there's a review out there that doesn't bash either of the two evils, aye?

Emma
10-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Hopefully, it'll just blow over, but I think most people that see RZ's FB page might not understand that someone else is posting for him and think that it is RZ himself that found the review "EXCELLENT." If you need some help, Emma, going through all that press, let me know, I have some time off. Surely there's a review out there that doesn't bash either of the two evils, aye?

You're right not everyone knows but if people think Rob is carrying on some kind of feud while at the same time going on a press junket trying to put this issue to bed they are sorely mistaken and to me it seems there are people out there (and I'm not pointing the finger at you) who want to see the controversy. Yes there was a bust up but it blew over between the two of them and they are getting on. The press have helped fuel this with the incessant crap they keep pulling on this story which should have died a few days ago.

Thank you for the offer but I'm okay - you should see the amount I don't post up. Believe me I am trying to keep things balanced - and for the most part the review seemed okay. I can't stop people's thoughts and feelings either side, but you should see what I am trying to do. Just look on Zombies forum, that's me trying to just steer things so they do not get out of hand, but without stopping people's rights to comment. I can't stop it all though and given everything, all I can hope is people remember the most important thing - the show!

petticoat
10-17-2012, 12:27 PM
You're welcome, Emma, of course, but I disagree about the review being 'okay' or 'excellent' -- it was garbage. And, per controversy, I and a few others recognized what could be construed as a pretty blatant jab at MM by RZ (or the RZ camp) and mentioned it. I don't blame you for being defensive, but telling people to drop it and not look behind the curtain anymore rarely works. What would work would be a very careful attention (rather than a skimming over) to what is put out there. Peace :)

Emma
10-17-2012, 12:36 PM
You're welcome, Emma, of course, but I disagree about the review being 'okay' or 'excellent' -- it was garbage. And, per controversy, I and a few others recognized what could be construed as a pretty blatant jab at MM by RZ (or the RZ camp) and mentioned it. I don't blame you for being defensive, but telling people to drop it and not look behind the curtain anymore rarely works. What would work would be a very careful attention (rather than a skimming over) to what is put out there. Peace :)

And part of the issue is people will see controversy even when there is none. As I said from day one of the tour announce people were looking for a fight, including taking words 5 had said in interviews to be slights and the little joke on camera (That Metal Show) non handshake to be a slight even though press photos clearly showed the so fine with one another. People will take something posted innocently and make of it what they will. I do understand, I do, but it doesn't help. And believe me for the most part I am pretty careful - as I said you should see the amount of stuff I don't post - this was a slight slip in regards to the not seeing the word lacklustre.

anyway I've gone on about this more than I wanted but I hope people will see things for what they really are in regards to the review post and cross post.

AssetReign
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
1) it's one word out of everything written about Manson

2) the overall review is good, even towards Manson, but if you have a problem with it, take it up with the reviewer

3) the spelling was taken right from a copy and paste of the article so if you want to get not spellcheck nitpicking, take it up with them

4) it was a skim read of the review, and overall seemed good which is why I posted, as you can see from my post explaining things which was ignored. There was no agenda and no one is sore and I am sick and tired of people making it out to be so. You do realise it was the press who blew this out or proportion and despite any differences, Manson and Zombie are getting on with things, so why can't people just get on, enjoy the shows and be done with it.

EDIT: i'll make sure in future to read and scrutinise every word in an article before posting next time to be sure nothing can be seen as disparaging, even in the teensiest bit towards any of the artists. Maybe then people can just get on.

No offense, Emma, but now you're making a mountain out of a molehill, and taking it way too personally.

Emma
10-17-2012, 12:46 PM
No offense, Emma, but now you're making a mountain out of a molehill, and taking it way too personally.

Maybe, but I'm trying to explain something - I guess we are all a little guilty of it, but I'm not sorry for trying to explain the situation.

Manichaeist
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
As far as I am aware yes he is. Davis is still on orders from Docs to rest.

I know Jonathan Davis' hideous project isn't part of the tour anymore but I thought I read something here a week or so ago that suggested random local bands were getting the opener spot in each city of the tour. If it's Starscream opening all the shows, that's pretty damn sweet.

thousand_kisses
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
that whole DJ "opener" thing is just a waste of time, time that could be allotted to manson's being able to play longer. just sayin'

Tigger
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Holy fuck, why are people getting so butthurt? The review was written by someone who is more of a Zombie fan than a Manson fan, so natural biased shows a tiny bit but its not bashing Manson. Its like if I write a review of the show, I am a bigger Manson fan so I'll obviously favour Manson more, doesn't mean I'm bashing Zombie.

Goddamn people.

Manichaeist
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
that whole DJ "opener" thing is just a waste of time, time that could be allotted to manson's being able to play longer. just sayin'

first of all, Manson isn't going to play at 7 when doors open at 6.

second, Starscream is fucking great.

NapalmHeart
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM

I don't remember calling YOU a whiny little bitch, I was addressing this to a bigger group of people. If you see yourself amongst them, then that's your thing. I actually appreciate your posts and opinions, even if I don't always agree with them.

@ Emma: There's really no reason to blow this out of proportion now, all I said was that posts like this could throw a bad light not only on Manson, but also on Zombie. It adds fuel to the fire and I just don't think it's necessary. There have been dozens of reviews that praise both Zombie and Manson and in the end both acts are on one big tour together.

You know we've had great conversations before and I've always supported you and your work even back then on the mansonusa forums, so this shouldn't be such an issue.

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM

I can't believe you just said that. His "performance" was AWFUL. I don't see how he could walk away from that feeling accomplished. No one in the crowd was into the "music" or even amused by it. They need to get that shit off of this perfectly good tour. Why can't they have an actual band with real instruments and talent to open for them? I'm all for trying to promote lesser known bands.

To each his own I guess. There's my take on him.

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-17-2012, 05:17 PM
And I'm really sick of people in this thread getting so off topic. Let's talk about the actual performances, not some biased review! A few other people and myself are the only ones that have given their opinion of the actual show(s). Let's stay on topic here.

darluh
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
I am not a fan of the opener's style of music/30 minute long songs, but the performance/stage show was stimulating.

Dorothy
10-19-2012, 02:29 AM
I am not a fan of the opener's style of music/30 minute long songs, but the performance/stage show was stimulating.

Is he doing anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGA8oEwJzY

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-19-2012, 07:51 AM

YES. IT WAS ALL LIKE THAT. IT WAS HELL.

40 or so minutes of that is killer.

Dorothy
10-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for your answer, I think it's awesome and I'm looking forward to it. I just hope he's opening for them in Europe as well.

red.
10-20-2012, 12:51 PM

i wish it was something like that video,at least it has a beat and somewhat a melody,but this crap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJGHLJPxKY
my ears were bleeding shit.

Dorothy
10-21-2012, 04:15 AM
i wish it was something like that video,at least it has a beat and somewhat a melody,but this crap...

wtf?

That was bad indeed, now I'm not looking forward to his performance anymore. Thanks for clarifying.

10-21-2012, 04:37 AM
I can't stand DJs but I thought that was pretty amusing.

Marsmind
10-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Clip of Manson talking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSiguUoQrY

Bryson18
10-23-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJGHLJPxKY
my ears were bleeding shit.

Wow.....that is some trash.... I am bringing ear plugs just for this guy and will kindly throw them at him once he is finished...

Incarnate
11-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Agreed. But it's to give the platform/stage to both the Art of Guitar and Drums...allowing these band members to become the focus through their solos. If the lead singer (often the only member of any band to be on the cover and/or interviewed) disappears for a moment, it allows the other members and/or instruments an opportunity to become evocative of applause; thereby honored through acknowledgment in receipt of their faces, and remembered by nucleus of their name providing opportunity to surface in rote.

[In response to: Manson fucking ruled, awesome show. And BTW, manson's set gets cut short so zombie can waste time and walk around and handshake fans for 20 mins and play an extra song at his leisure. Lame!!!! ]

OmegasTits
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
I ended up front center behind some squishy gay men

That was probably me and my bf.

.....squishy?