PDA

View Full Version : Twins of Evil [074]: Oct 17 2012 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, New York, USA

Norsefire
07-15-2012, 11:12 AM
17 October 2012
Venue: Hammerstein Ballroom

http://marilynmanson.com - http://robzombie.com

Members Attending:

FeedYourHead
Dv5
Dronepool
Lillith
Shwee
Hazekiah
mechanicalshdws
Flowers4aleusha
ILNY83

Shangri-LIE
07-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Annnnnnnd going.

FeedYourHead
07-18-2012, 01:31 PM
PRESALE THURSDAY, JULY 19TH.

I swear I just LOVE this whole one-day notice shit...

GODAMMIT WHY ARE YOU THE ONLY CITY DICK ENOUGH TO CHARGE $107 FOR A TICKEt???? WHY DO I EVEN LIVE HERE.

*thinks for a minute*

OKay now I remember why.

But still. PRETTY dick move, NYC.

pad18
07-18-2012, 01:46 PM
that is fucking ridiculous prices....

Manichaeist
07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
GODAMMIT WHY ARE YOU THE ONLY CITY DICK ENOUGH TO CHARGE $107 FOR A TICKEt???? WHY DO I EVEN LIVE HERE.

where did you see this price?

edit: nevermind, found it on ticketmaster. manson can go fuck himself.

AssetReign
07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
^ It cracks me up that people think Manson is setting the prices of the tickets.

Dronepool
07-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Sign me up.

Yeah, it's expensive but MM and RZ doing full sets? It's not *that much* if you see both bands separate.

Lillith
07-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Going. But the price for this place is absurd.

Shwee
07-19-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm going:)

Anyone know the presale password?

Dronepool
07-19-2012, 09:26 AM
microphone.

Got my ticket.

Manichaeist
07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Sign me up.

Yeah, it's expensive but MM and RZ doing full sets? It's not *that much* if you see both bands separate.

it's basically the same price

Shwee
07-19-2012, 01:53 PM
microphone.

Got my ticket.

Awesome! Thank you. I got my ticket..

Hazekiah
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Wow.

PM Mobile SUUUUCKS.

Nonetheless...CONFIRMED!!!

:)

Tater
07-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Almost one hundred goddamn dollars for a FLOOR ticket? K,thx,no. What the actual fuck.

Shangri-LIE
07-20-2012, 05:40 AM
If everyone here had jobs then it would be that expensive. :) lol

FeedYourHead
07-20-2012, 09:02 AM

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything. $100 for a concert ticket is still a lot of money - especially when compared with the price of every single other show for this leg. The main issue here is that this show is double the amount of money simply because of the venue and location - it's the principle of it that's bothersome.
A lot of people complaining about the price DO have jobs, and are also buying tickets for more than just this show. It adds up quickly.

Additionally, it might behoove you to refrain from judging or making assumptions regarding other members' financial situations and priorities.

Manichaeist
07-20-2012, 10:41 AM

want to compare W-2s?

Tater
07-21-2012, 06:48 AM

My old job could barely fund my food habits,let alone fund all the Manson shows I want to attend. Plus I have to add on almost 50 dollars because I driving to NYC is a major no. I don't even like Rob Zombie so 150 to see Manson yet another time when I'll already be seeing him twice is absolutely pointless.

Shangri-LIE
07-21-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything. $100 for a concert ticket is still a lot of money - especially when compared with the price of every single other show for this leg. The main issue here is that this show is double the amount of money simply because of the venue and location - it's the principle of it that's bothersome.
A lot of people complaining about the price DO have jobs, and are also buying tickets for more than just this show. It adds up quickly.

Additionally, it might behoove you to refrain from judging or making assumptions regarding other members' financial situations and priorities.

Ffs, it was a joke. See everyone at the show!

FeedYourHead
07-26-2012, 04:49 PM
:D First one I've gotten in the mail!

http://i.imgur.com/jPiEV.jpg

mechanicalshdws
10-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Will be attending.
Coming From Australia to see this, No way i'm going to pass up seeing the Twins of evil tour in case it never comes to Australia. So excited for meet and greet as well.

Is anyone else from outside of America on here going to this show as well ?

Flowers4aleusha
10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I will be there

FeedYourHead
10-11-2012, 07:54 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/New+York+NY+10011:4:US

:D

ILNY83
10-13-2012, 02:20 AM
You can add me to the list of people going to the NYC show!

mechanicalshdws
10-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Has anyone received their instructional email
For the meet and greet yet for this show ?

FeedYourHead
10-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I got it like 5 minutes ago

mechanicalshdws
10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Yep cool just got mine as well!!!

omgsamantha
10-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Will be attending.
Coming From Australia to see this, No way i'm going to pass up seeing the Twins of evil tour in case it never comes to Australia. So excited for meet and greet as well.

Just have to let you know how jealous I am! I was thinking on flying from NZ for it, but not anymore.

mechanicalshdws
10-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Just have to let you know how jealous I am! I was thinking on flying from NZ for it, but not anymore.

I'm flying solo at the gig. Heaps of people back home wanted to come with but either couldn't get time off or wanted to pay to come over.
I was actually in America earlier in year in May and caught Manson at Hampton Beach show.
But really wanted to do this as well as the meet and greet.

omgsamantha
10-14-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm flying solo at the gig. Heaps of people back home wanted to come with but either couldn't get time off or wanted to pay to come over.
I was actually in America earlier in year in May and caught Manson at Hampton Beach show.
But really wanted to do this as well as the meet and greet.

That's cool. It'll be worth it! I hope he comes back to tour next year though. I heard there were negotiations...

mechanicalshdws
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM
That's cool. It'll be worth it! I hope he comes back to tour next year though. I heard there were negotiations...

Yep I heard too. That's what I'm going to try to find out from him at the meet and greet!!

omgsamantha
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Yep I heard too. That's what I'm going to try to find out from him at the meet and greet!!

Great idea! Please do!

Lillith
10-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Dronepool
10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
altered this for fun-

http://i47.tinypic.com/2drz8si.jpg

Hazekiah
10-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Been waiting in line since the morning with FeedYourHead & Lilith and already ran into redtastessweet, Gina, and a buncha other cool cats and distributed a ton of flyers, so that's been lotsa fun. Kinda dissappointed with the venue's management of the line, though. All afternoon it's been MOVE-HERE-NOW-MOVE-THERE-NOW-MOVE-BACK- HERE musical chairs bullshit and shuffling us in such a way as to all but ENSURE that people who got here last get in ahead of everyone who's been shivering outside all day. Plus, if your tix or passes are at Will Call you have to wait in the MAIN line before THEN waiting in the Will Call line afterward while everyone else goes and grabs the rail before you. FUCKING BULLSHIT. You'd THINK such a prestigious venue on a major street of one of the biggest cities of the world would have gotten their shit together about this SIMPLEST of issues LONG ago. And you would be DEAD WRONG. Like me. :-/

Manichaeist
10-17-2012, 08:26 PM
ended up going at the last minute and got there early enough to see Starscream's set (which was great). bailed a bit early on Zombie's set to beat the rush out the door. as for Manson, it was the same 14-song setlist that's been posted a bunch:

(this isn't the correct order - I just grouped them by album)

Hey Cruel World
No Reflection
Slo-Mo-Tion
Personal Jesus
Mobscene
Disposable Teens
The Love Song
King Kill 33
The Dope Show
Rock is Dead
Coma White
Antichrist Superstar
The Beautiful People
Sweet Dreams

I mean, they sounded pretty good but there are moments where Marilyn Manson sounds a whole lot like a bunch of guys covering Marilyn Manson songs. And what shocked me was how Zombie completely blew them off the stage. Not even in the same league...and I'm not a fan of Rob Zombie, but they've got a power and energy now that Manson used to have - have to feel Ginger and John have a lot to do with that. One thing I will say in Manson's defense is that his set was balanced terribly, something that has been known to happen at Hammerstein. Sadly, Manson isn't in good shape and he's now resorted to babbling during songs, too. Most of the time I had no idea what he was talking about and didn't feel like I was missing anything. So, yeah, meh.

Also, I hate to be this guy but the older material smokes the newer stuff.

AssetReign
10-17-2012, 08:42 PM
^ Three months makes such a difference.

M Tragedy666
10-17-2012, 09:05 PM
I mean, they sounded pretty good but there are moments where Marilyn Manson sounds a whole lot like a bunch of guys covering Marilyn Manson songs. And what shocked me was how Zombie completely blew them off the stage. Not even in the same league...and I'm not a fan of Rob Zombie, but they've got a power and energy now that Manson used to have - have to feel Ginger and John have a lot to do with that. One thing I will say in Manson's defense is that his set was balanced terribly, something that has been known to happen at Hammerstein. Sadly, Manson isn't in good shape and he's now resorted to babbling during songs, too. Most of the time I had no idea what he was talking about and didn't feel like I was missing anything. So, yeah, meh.

Also, I hate to be this guy but the older material smokes the newer stuff.

Just wanted to make some comments in defense of Rob Zombie (even though I know you were speaking good things about him)

I've been going to every single Zombie show that hits my town since 2001 (and on a few occasions, have traveled to see him in different states as well) and I even have bootlegs from stuff before 2001 and White Zombie. I've been a fan for a long long time. I can say 100% that he has ALWAYS had an amazing energy and power and it has nothing to do with John 5 or Ginger Fish. I've been seeing him long before they entered the band. It's really all about Rob. He just commands the audience's attention and dominates the stage. Always has.

And the other thing I wanted to say was that if any of you have been watching Zombie's tweets today, apparently the NY stage wasn't even big enough to hold most of his shit, so he said he would unfortunately have to do a stripped down set with about 50% of his normal theatrics.

So, what you said about Rob should be thought of as a HUGE compliment, as you didn't even get the full show, and apparently, as you put it, he still blew Manson away.

I went to a couple Twins of Evil shows and I can't really comment on that. I'm a huge fan of both bands and I think they just brought completely different weapons. They were both highly entertaining and were very different from each other. This has been Manson's best stage show since the Grotesk Burlesk. It seems like Manson is just having more fun with his shows these days and not taking it as seriously....but on the other hand, Zombie really has fun with it and doesn't really take himself too seriously either...he likes to make it like a big zombie party....so, that really cannot be used as an example of one being superior to another.

Wish I could have seen Manson in the 90s, but all I have is footage to go by.

Manichaeist
10-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I can say 100% that he has ALWAYS had an amazing energy and power and it has nothing to do with John 5 or Ginger Fish. I've been seeing him long before they entered the band. It's really all about Rob. He just commands the audience's attention and dominates the stage. Always has.

hey, what I was trying to say (and perhaps did a poor job of expressing) was that the lack of Ginger and John in Manson accounted for the relative thinness of their sound this evening. when you hear what those guys bring to Rob Zombie's band and put them up against Twiggy and Jason Whathisface, it's almost like pros taking on minor leaguers.

blue angel
10-17-2012, 11:54 PM
These last few posts should get to Manson, get him to set some fire into his veins. He can't do these shows in relaxed mode.
This is a rock show!

celebricontrarian
10-18-2012, 12:37 AM
These last few posts should get to Manson, get him to set some fire into his veins. He can't do these shows in relaxed mode.
This is a rock show!

This.

Dronepool
10-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Amazing show. Both were amazing, Rob's show was mind blowing though!

Learning2FakeIt
10-18-2012, 06:08 AM
altered this for fun-

http://i47.tinypic.com/2drz8si.jpg

badass!

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
This is a rock show!

Has someone tried handing Manson a PM flyer at the meet and greet? Might be a solid idea, even though Manson claims he doesn't look at things about himself on the internet. It's worth a shot really.

Terrapin
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Has someone tried handing Manson a PM flyer at the meet and greet? Might be a solid idea, even though Manson claims he doesn't look at things about himself on the internet. It's worth a shot really.
Manson actually pocketed one that Cringeon gave him to sign at the Salt Lake City venue.

Emma
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
^ Cringeon did that on his meet and greet. Manson took it and kept it. Cringeon made a post about it here: http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/4623-03-Oct-01-2012-USANA-Amphitheatre-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-USA?p=130108&highlight=#post130108

I brought a PM flyer that MM and Twiggy signed, but MM pocketed it

EDIT: Just seen Terrapin has also posted about it - D'OH!

Cringeon
10-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Yup, MM definitely knows about PM. Ive asked Haz to see if he can get me a new signed one since MM took mine lol

Josť Leonardo
10-18-2012, 10:39 AM
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/loudwire.com/files/2012/10/Marilyn-Manson-6.jpg

More pics: http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-marilyn-manson-bring-twins-of-evil-tour-to-new-york-city/

AssetReign
10-18-2012, 10:43 AM
This is a rock show!

I dunno. He must be doing something right. Even the ppl here who constantly badmouth him end up going to the concerts.

M Tragedy666
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
^^^ People can definitely lose track of what they were trying to say and end up "badmouthing" him. But I think we'd all agree that that is not the intention. It's more like we know what he is capable of and we have an intense respect and admiration for him and his art and we believe in him and know that he can do better. We've seen his A-game and it's phenomenal and we'd all like to urge him to be the best Manson he can because we know he has it in him!

I am convinced Manson is on here because I met him in Rosemont and in Bloomington. And I posted some things about what happened in Rosemont and about Teena Byrd. 2 days later when I met him in Bloomington, he was joking of course, but he didn't know why I had to "rat him out". It kind of made me feel like shit even though I knew he was just joking but I felt bad lol. I don't want Manson thinking I ratted him out on anything!!

The PM flyers are good to introduce the site to other fans, but I doubt it would change the fact that Manson would know about this place or not. It's not hard to find on the net if you google it. Of course he must look himself up occasionally!

You guys are saying J5 and Ginger are far superior to Jason and Twiggy? They are all professionals and Jason is an AMAZING drummer! I'm not a guitarist, but I haven't noticed Twiggy fucking up the songs or anything...and even if he did, it's just rock and roll. Maybe John 5 is the better guitar player between the two, but Manson songs aren't exactly complex. A lot of people can play them. Shouldnt make a big difference.

Heather Quick
10-18-2012, 12:34 PM
mOBSCENE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5RGzHNWes&feature=plcp

Coma White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1A9etg8R1s&feature=plcp

Antichrist Superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD7Lh9dUD7s&feature=plcp

petticoat
10-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I thought seeing a MM concert would help me focus on other aspects of my life, but now I'm just more addicted. God damn it. Thanks for the vids, Heather, lol....do you film all the shows?

Manichaeist
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
This is a rock show!

I don't think he's doing the shows in "relaxed mode," he has plenty of energy and in spite of his obvious physical limitations seems to be trying. There's just a certain flatness to the live show now that simply wasn't there even 8 years ago. Maybe a part of this is just down to Manson being 43-years old but I think a lot of it stems from choices he's made, all of which have pushed him/the band into the realm of self-parody. And it's not that what's going on is bad per se, it's just not that good - and at it's worst, it comes off as amateurish. If you Manson in 1998, 99, 2000, 2001, it was well oiled machine. Now it feels like a Vanagon on its last legs.

AssetReign
10-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I am convinced Manson is on here because I met him in Rosemont and in Bloomington. And I posted some things about what happened in Rosemont and about Teena Byrd. 2 days later when I met him in Bloomington, he was joking of course, but he didn't know why I had to "rat him out". It kind of made me feel like shit even though I knew he was just joking but I felt bad lol. I don't want Manson thinking I ratted him out on anything!!

All those trips to the john.

Cringeon
10-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the vids! Love how dynamic a MM show is. While Zombie has a big production - I find the music to be much more flat. Zombie dazzles the eyes with a stage show, where as MM is daring to go anywhere from HCW, to Dope Show, Coma White, ACSS all in the same show. Something that really may not appeal to the casual listener unless they know his material. I saw lots of meat heads a bit confused by Slomotion live hahaha. It's as if it doesn't have that "mosh" feel they don't know what to do. Lots of Zombie songs feel very similar in musical style and vocal delivery, so it's not really my cup of tea. They definitely have a big show which I think makes it more interesting, cause I don't think I could watch Zombie without it. MM on the otherhand, with or without props it's a performance.

Heather Quick
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
I thought seeing a MM concert would help me focus on other aspects of my life, but now I'm just more addicted. God damn it. Thanks for the vids, Heather, lol....do you film all the shows?

It wasn't recorded by me, just found on Youtube :B
I might record some videos on November 26/27, though

Manichaeist
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the vids! Love how dynamic a MM show is. While Zombie has a big production - I find the music to be much more flat. Zombie dazzles the eyes with a stage show, where as MM is daring to go anywhere from HCW, to Dope Show, Coma White, ACSS all in the same show. Something that really may not appeal to the casual listener unless they know his material. I saw lots of meat heads a bit confused by Slomotion live hahaha. It's as if it doesn't have that "mosh" feel they don't know what to do. Lots of Zombie songs feel very similar in musical style and vocal delivery, so it's not really my cup of tea. They definitely have a big show which I think makes it more interesting, cause I don't think I could watch Zombie without it. MM on the otherhand, with or without props it's a performance.

Basically disagree with everything you said here. At one point, absolutely, Marilyn Manson was a performance - and that was very evident years back on those Ozzfest off-day shows when they performed with basically no stage props and the shows were incredible. I just don't hear it anymore, particularly not from the newer material. When they played ACSS and The Beautiful People, it was incredible. But the Born Villain material just isn't all that interesting, and it comes off as particularly thin live and the song selection from the 98-03 material (with the exception of Coma White), as has been said before, is lackluster. And I'm not a fan of Rob Zombie by any means but last night his band sounded immense. Marilyn Manson's band at times sounded like dudes in a bar.

Cringeon
10-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Different strokes. My experience was opposite yours with HCW, Love Song, King Kill, NR and SloMo being some of the most powerful live here in SLC. And definitely disagree about the band, this is the tightest MM show I've seen (granted I've only seen from LWF forward), but they owned the music in a way I didn't see done by Skold, or even since Twiggy came back until now. Everyone has their own reaction (hell it's art), and I know people will disagree with how I react to Zombie.

Manichaeist
10-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Different strokes. My experience was opposite yours with HCW, Love Song, King Kill, NR and SloMo being some of the most powerful live here in SLC. And definitely disagree about the band, this is the tightest MM show I've seen (granted I've only seen from LWF forward), but they owned the music in a way I didn't see done by Skold, or even since Twiggy came back until now. Everyone has their own reaction (hell it's art), and I know people will disagree with how I react to Zombie.

The Love Song was pretty good, so I should amend my statement. King Kill was cool but it was basically an intro to ACSS. The Born Villain material doesn't do much for me on record and during No Reflection and Slo-Mo-Tion I found myself actually zoning out a bit - can't say that's ever happened to me before at a Manson show. As far as putting Manson 2012 in context, I've seen Manson somewhere around 50 times, and all but a handful of those happened before 2004. I'm not sure how I'd rank last night up against what I saw after 2004. Probably better than the greatest hits tour with Vrenna and Mark Whatever his name was but I think the band sounded better when touring for Eat Me, Drink Me, at least by the time it came to the New York metro area, than they did last night.

petticoat
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Loudwire's review of this show: http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-marilyn-manson-bring-twins-of-evil-tour-to-new-york-city/

puck
10-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Firstly: great to meet/see other PM members. 'Allo from the Internet.

Manson put on a great show. Vocals were fantastic, the band was full of energy. Twiggy was exceptionally energetic, stomping around the stage and kicking the air like a demented Rockette.

If I had one complaint about the show, it'd be a sizable one: the setlist is unimaginably stale. Similarly, the setlist felt disjointed -- more of a best-of than witnessing a storyline play out before our eyes. That Manson punctuated almost every song with silly rhymes or rambling shows he's bored with them, seeking to spice up old hits with his unique brand of comedy, or a nihilistic rant; but his boredom shows, and I'm afraid it's contagious.

Not as if this matters much to anyone in particular, but for me to attend another show, there has to be a dramatic shift in the Manson band's culture. Till then, I'll be watching from afar.

omgsamantha
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
has anyone commented on the m&g?

redtastesweet
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I woke up at 4 am to catch a bus to NYC, I waited in line for 6 hours. I waited 2 hours for the preshow. 2 hours for the post show meet and greet. When Manson took the stage I was almost half asleep, but Fred was so energetic within 20 seconds of Hey Cruel World, I was wide awake and amazed. This leg of the tour has all of the positive, likeable elements of a good pre-2007 Manson show, unlike the last leg of this same tour which for the most part was a lot of highlighter colors, and various steps on the stage for Manson to dance on.

The show was simply breathtaking; Jason, Fred, & Twiggy were feeding off the energy from the crowd in a very good way. If you've ever seen my videos or read my reviews of previous shows, this is not going to be in the same vain of any of those. This show as Heather's video posts show (audio is terrible in those videos btw) was classic Manson from beginning to end, and it did have a certain feeling of a greatest hits show, with him appropriating the pope outfit, and the DRUGS sign, and the classic shock light logo on the podium. But that's just the thing, as someone who was exhausted, could barely keep my eyes open, the sheer imagery of those things was a hearty helping of adrenaline. I think the song choices were due to him being the opening act, and likely wanting to give an ACS/MA heavy set to the Zombie fans.

The band has never appeared tighter. I'm very pleased with the current line-up. Manson's vocals, and the backing vocal track, were perfect. Coma White is not a fucking easy song on the vocal cords, and he nailed it. Mobscene with the mobscene theatrics, was a highlight, unexpected, and Twiggy embracing the song last night was readily apparent in the energy he put into it. Slo-mo-tion is definately one of the songs that should be replaced with (Lay Down Your Goddman Arms or Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day) however that song is really Fred's moment, if you were looking at him, or better yet look at him during that song, you can see its a moment for him, in the same jist as IHA used to be Ginger's shining moment on stage.

Although Personal Jesus was performed really well, as most of the entire night was performed almost album perfect, why the hell is that on the setlist? There are so many better recent songs from THEOL or BV that would be better there, or IHA, 1996, or The Fight Song.

For whatever reasons went into the setlist though, but thankfully they removed Pistol Whipped, they performed well, the stage show is growing, I saw a lot of money on that stage kit, money that just hasn't been there since the Against All Gods tour, way back in ?04. The show did not have an obviously strained vocal Manson, or a drunk Manson, and you could really feel the Twiggy/Manson love, as Manson frequently hugged him throughout several songs.

All that being said in positive regard to the show which was well worth all the pain endured (and i saw a lot of you motherfuckers had travelled even farther than me)...Rob Zombie, a guy I usually went to the bathroom for during Ozfests, wow. I want to take a moment, as an avid concert goer to really highlight some strengths to Zombie's show, as it is NOT merely theatrics as others have presented. It's far more than that, and I will heartily accept the teenage angst from the hardcore mansonites as I spew this opinion.

- Rob Zombie was alive on that fucking stage. I don't even know but a like 4 songs of his, but ever minute of his being on that stage, he was the fucking king of that stage. In the same respect that Trent has been, or if you like pop music, the only other person I know of offhand who owns a stage as well is Gwen Stefani. (Manson I love you, but please take note, cause no one wants to be reduced to baby jumping like Ozzie)

- Rob Zombie really allowed the members of his band to shine. Ginger, my god, long haired, bearded, and cute as ever, got a 4 minute, drum kit lifted, solo. John 5, was the same damn John 5, but the way that Rob treated John 5 is the hallmark of a real industry professional (at least what can be seen on the stage), John 5 not only utilized a great deal of artistic license with the Zombie material, he got a prominent place on the stage, as though he is an important asset, as well as Ginger. (this is something that Manson has failed to do for any member of his band since 2003, Grotesk Burlesk)

- While I'm not generally a fan of in your face light shows, and puppetry of any kind, the lighting and the colors were complementary and added to the cohesion that the Zombie show exuded. (Manson has lacked this cohesiveness in lighting, and color choices, since the Holy Wood tour)

I'm not motivated to buy a Rob Zombie cd after seeing him perform (I'm actually thinking folks would be motivated to buy Manson cds because his show was well indicative of the quality you'd get from his albums), but he definitely treats Ginger and John 5 in a good manner, and it's so very sad that Ginger's talents were not better used within the Manson camp. And who knew John could play like that? Anyone with a tab book for Holywood knows how simple those songs are, I'm not pointing figures, but who in the Manson band kept this guy so well hidden?

I'd expect the next tour that Manson does, to have an appreciation for what Zombie delivered as co-tourer on this tour, as Manson HAS delivered this caliber of show, for years in fact he did, but seems to have ... ??? in theatre its the techs who are to blame? I don't know if its truly Manson or whose fault, but it's nice that some of the good is back, and there will be more, if Manson pushes for it.

--

Meet and Greet, specifically. Personally, New York is not a city full of very nice people, who knew?, it turned what should have been an hour and a half, aftershow party, into a nightmare. Sarah, the organizer of the golden ticket process, bless her heart she was absolutely amazing, and she had composure in dealing with the undesirable elements that dragged the evening on. And I mean on. We're talking from 11pm to 2 am. (DRAGGED THE FUCK OUT). The specifics of getting a bag of goodies, getting an autograph, and signing a photo, should not be influenced by a group of whatabouts and couldhavebeens, and that’s about all I have to say about that. Manson was extremely polite and patient despite the whole process, it’s a memory all of us will cherish for sure.

Manichaeist
10-18-2012, 05:00 PM
in the same jist as IHA used to be Ginger's shining moment on stage.

Not really sure what you're getting at here. There were moments were Ginger really got to shine back in the day but IHA was pretty much a by-the-book effort for him.

Ginger, my god, long haired, bearded, and cute as ever, got a 4 minute, drum kit lifted, solo.

it was about a minute-forty but it was awesome to see and hear him get to play on stage again. also, last night confirmed without a doubt in my mind that Ginger is and always will be the best Manson drummer. Jason What's-his-face is competent but just doesn't suit the songs as well as Ginger did. Ginger propels a band; Jason is a part of a band.

10-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Will be attending.

I'm going to the Vienna show :)

Flowers4aleusha
10-18-2012, 05:51 PM
KILLER SHOW! Can't say enough good things about Fred. Manson was very engaging, sounded great and his interaction with the crowd was refreshing. Twiggy was killing it, too; he had a sweet light-up flying V for Rock is Dead.

COMA WHITE:
http://youtu.be/VN-qBu3nShQ

Manson asked for my iPhone onstage for the second time! Here's the link of it happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBbNUKX-vEA&feature=share&list=UUiaPhYUXSdaY-21LzSWyUrQ
And yes I caught it when he threw it back!

The first time he did the same thing at the Huntington, NY show a few months ago, viewable here:

http://youtu.be/yrn6YLwuWKQ

At the m+g he recognized me and proceeded to draw an iphone on my arm with the words "BOOM". lol
I went out today and got his sig tattooed (not the iphone part tho :p) I told him and Twiggy "Don't ever stop" and he replied: "Stop throwing ipods at me! Throw me an iPad!" Then he slapped my fiance's ass and told complimented her "rapey" ponytail and threatened to blow me with Twiggy's lips. Good times. Also, I told Twiggy that I love the sound he's been creating since back in Manson and he said: "There's plenty more to come."

Haz and Manzin were present, handsome and cordial. Fine folk.

icon
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Not really sure what you're getting at here. There were moments were Ginger really got to shine back in the day but IHA was pretty much a by-the-book effort for him.

it was about a minute-forty but it was awesome to see and hear him get to play on stage again. also, last night confirmed without a doubt in my mind that Ginger is and always will be the best Manson drummer. Jason What's-his-face is competent but just doesn't suit the songs as well as Ginger did. Ginger propels a band; Jason is a part of a band.

Jason whats his face happens to be an excellent, skilled drummer. Sorry that he doesn't fit into the image that your mind has of what Marilyn Manson should be.

icon
10-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Sorry I'm not hopping on the RZ bandwagon going around, and I actually like most of the guys music. Sure all of his props are great, as is his band. The man himself, however, almost always sounds out of breath and trys to throw in "yeahs" or "come ons" in between lyrics to try and make up for it. I'll take the substance of Marilyn Manson over the style of RZ any day of the week.

redtastesweet
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Not really sure what you're getting at here. .

Mostly just referring to the fact that the sucessful bands who have lasted -- err whatever that means -- with strong minded frontmen/women -- had to show a level of appreciation for their band members (or i can give as many examples of bands that broke up due to lack of said appreciation). Examples are endless of this same level of appreciation of drummers Adrian Young from No Doubt, get's extensive props during any No Doubt show, as well as Travis Barker during any Blink182/boxcarracer show, and on guitar Lenny Kaye's work with Patti Smith, or perhaps something more Jade Puget of AFI.

Even acts as dominant and large as Madonna, Prince, Mariah Carey, Fleetwood Mac, and The Rolling Stones, have parts of their entire shows dedicated to the introduction, appreciation, and showcasing of their bands respective talents.

Exampes of band leaders who lacked this appreciation is endless, and the stories of those bands speak for themselves, Johnny Marr & Morrissey's relationship and the subsequent dissolution of the Smiths, Melissa auf der Maur & Courtney Love breaking up Hole, James Iha / Chamberlain / and Corgan and the breakup of the Smashing Pumpkins.

One reason for pointing this out in relation to the current tour is so evident, I would have hoped it was obvious. Cohesiveness and tension are the fathers of some of the greatest music in the history of rock, but not a single Frontman has EVER reassembled a stage show that was critically, financially, and (arguably) musically superior to previous outings, ... that is until I saw Rob Zombie. So while I was on the fence since I watched the gradual decline of the Manson stage show from post EMDM until about June of 2012, (which i'm attributing to a strong mannered frontman, with a lack of appreciation for the musicians in his band) I've already seen in the Twins of Evil tour a positive influence that the Zombie show has ... maybe just through osmosis imparted onto the Manson camp, cause his show is ... 9/10ths of what it was pre 2007 at this point. To ADD IN appreciation for Jason, and Fred, during the show, I would guess can reverse that once noticeable downward trend, perhaps those two have creative forces that would contribute grandly to the next album. I'd also speculate that Twiggy is very much under appreciated despite the narcissistic displays of affection, Twiggy is a legend and became and even greater talent outside of Manson through his work with APC, Goon Moon, touring with NIN, etc, ... simple ways to show this would be for Manson to devote, (as you said a min and a half?) of his show to each band member, it really does a number for a guys self-esteem, specially the rock n roll types. "creative differences" are not the reasons cited in extensive interviews for why line-up changes occur frequently under the helm of a strong minded frontman. I'm using my words carefully here, as a fan.

redtastesweet
10-18-2012, 08:20 PM
That Manson punctuated almost every song with silly rhymes or rambling shows he's bored with them, seeking to spice up old hits with his unique brand of comedy, or a nihilistic rant; but his boredom shows, and I'm afraid it's contagious

If Manson is bored during some of the elements of a show, how about throwing in something like this :

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FB5BUIgrx88?

In fact, the Long Hard Road Out of Hell lends itself to great artistic expression by a drummer. The entire song, or entire portions would make for an excellent drum solo.

As far as Bass Solos and developing an appreciation for Fred as a member of Marilyn Manson - the band, three songs uptempoed lend themselves to great bass solos, Born Again, Burning Flag, and I have to look up just to see hell.

AssetReign
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Another derailed thread that's supposed to be about a specific concert.

redtastesweet
10-18-2012, 09:50 PM

Not trying to be over catty with you, as I don't know you well enough that you'd get the humble nature of what I'd be saying, but there are several kinds of conversations as you must be aware of in your educational endeavors, and messageboards lend themselves to what many have described as monolithic in nature. A more mature extension of that would be basic dyadic speech, however that tends to be limited to private messages and chat rooms. You have over 2,000 posts at Provider Module, so I am sure you understand how message boards work, so don't think I'm implying some underhanded insult, it's just that my posts WERE on topic, good reasoning, analytical skills, topic continuance, lends itself to broad discourse. When discussing the New York - Hammerstein Ballroom - show, several pages of people who attended, discussed elements, that they all felt were significant to cataloging, critique, and memory of the show. Higher order learning, lends itself to study, analysis, and a broad way of expressing how one views each element, in this case, of the Marilyn Manson - stage show - Marilyn Manson - band, and how those elements were brought together for the night of October 17th. While I respect your concerns, and they may be warranted in your point of view, YOUR last post discussed no elements of the New York show at all. Some discussion of the events leading up to the New York show, may be "derailing" in your view, but for many of us here at Provider Module, who share a commonality over the years, coming from Babalon, the phant, the official bbs, and the aol newsgroups, we always tend to adlib a little bit of history of shows past, present, and future, when discussing a show, it's kinda expected. And don't be surprised if directly in the middle of a thread about a Manson show, you hear some conversations about other artists as well, many times these artists will be mentioned because Marilyn Manson has referenced them as contemporaries, influences, peers, etc. You may see some references to someone for example mentioning elements of a Cure show, in regards to the Hammerstein show, because of the heavy use of the blue and white lighting, which has been a staple of Cure shows for many tours. This is not an analysis thread, however, Marilyn Manson fans have proven over the years on each messageboard to be of the intelligence, inspirational, and conversational types who enter into these dialogues.

But one line sentences like the one you posted are appreciated, maybe it can be viewed as a cautionary sign, instead of a stop sign, so that the discourse continues regarding the New York show.

rusty shackleford
10-18-2012, 09:57 PM
^ dafuq is this shit?!
Anywho, I noticed someone tried to toss him a bible but he missed!

Manichaeist
10-18-2012, 10:18 PM
^ dafuq is this shit?!
Anywho, I noticed someone tried to toss him a bible but he missed!

at least three bibles were tossed his way and he missed all of them. there was one in particular during ACSS that he tried a bit harder to grab but could not.

rusty shackleford
10-19-2012, 01:21 AM
I seriously wonder why he doesn't bring his own bibles.

Dirge Inferno
10-19-2012, 02:38 AM

Can you rail my thread?

AssetReign
10-19-2012, 12:12 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5dxsp8W91qgpdjwo2_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc3qm2c4OA1qfb1i7o3_1280.jpg

petticoat
10-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Holy shit that second pic..the black hat...the stance..the lighting

The Overman
10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc3qm2c4OA1qfb1i7o3_1280.jpg

Amazing.

mechanicalshdws
10-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Has anyone got their meet and greet pic email yet? Still waiting for mine.

AssetReign
10-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Holy shit that second pic..the black hat...the stance..the lighting

Yeah, there's no denying he's a rock star and not merely a rock act.

tomr279
10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey, I have a question, do they sell these shirts at the shows?:)

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/TWINS-EVIL-2012-TOUR-XL-SHIRT-marilyn-manson-rob-zombie-100-OFFICIAL-/380489203597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5896ec7f8d

AssetReign
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5wm7zksu1r5xeilo1_500.jpg

Manichaeist
10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Hey, I have a question, do they sell these shirts at the shows?:)

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/TWINS-EVIL-2012-TOUR-XL-SHIRT-marilyn-manson-rob-zombie-100-OFFICIAL-/380489203597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5896ec7f8d

yeah they had shirts with that design on them, probably $35 or so - though I did see some lady after the show selling the same shirt next to a phone booth on the the corner of 34th and 8th so there may be knock-offs out there.

Manichaeist
10-25-2012, 11:40 PM
if anyone needs any proof of just how terrible he sounds these days, have a look/listen to this:

http://youtu.be/V7aNTshN4pA?hd=1

Ticketmaster emailed this out to folks who purchased tickets for the show and I had it sitting in my inbox for a week before I even clicked on it. The first three minutes are from Manson's set and the rest is from Rob Zombie. To be honest, I didn't even realize Manson sounded this bad when I was at the show - the music was loud enough that most of the time he was pretty much drowned out anyway.

Hazekiah
10-27-2012, 10:15 PM
^ I'm currently on PM Mobile with an antique cell so I can't see or hear what was posted but I don't even NEED to know what bullshit it must be. Manson's delivery was great & the mix was excellent...I even told FeedYourHead afterward how excited & happy I was that her 1st Twins of Evil show was SO FUCKING GOOD & never heard a peep of disagreement from her or our pals who were there, so try TRUSTING YOUR GUT FIRSTHAND instead of some unprofessionally recorded & questionably mixed bullshit ffs, plz. :P

loftvoker
10-27-2012, 10:30 PM
if anyone needs any proof of just how terrible he sounds these days, have a look/listen to this:

http://youtu.be/V7aNTshN4pA?hd=1

Ticketmaster emailed this out to folks who purchased tickets for the show and I had it sitting in my inbox for a week before I even clicked on it. The first three minutes are from Manson's set and the rest is from Rob Zombie. To be honest, I didn't even realize Manson sounded this bad when I was at the show - the music was loud enough that most of the time he was pretty much drowned out anyway.

This is on par with the Manson shows I've attended this year and clips I've heard.

Of course, if you're critical of him, you aren't allowed backstage so pretend to love his shit before you can get back there.

AssetReign
10-27-2012, 10:39 PM
^ LOL Who's the fool who continues to throw good money after bad if you think he's shit? "I can't stand him. He sucks. I've been to every show so I have proof that he's shit." Nothing worse than a fool and his money.

loftvoker
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM
^ LOL Who's the fool who continues to throw good money after bad if you think he's shit? "I can't stand him. He sucks. I've been to every show so I have proof that he's shit." Nothing worse than a fool and his money.

I saw him twice for Twins of Evil tour for free. I paid for gas money to the local show so I guess I'm a fool.

AssetReign
10-27-2012, 11:06 PM
This is on par with the Manson shows I've attended this year and clips I've heard.

Of course, if you're critical of him, you aren't allowed backstage so pretend to love his shit before you can get back there.

Haha Why would you want to go backstage if you think he sucks? This just keeps getting funnier. Thanks!

Willice
10-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Haha Why would you want to go backstage if you think he sucks? This just keeps getting funnier. Thanks!

You guys both so funnzy.
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1RNPN_enUS427US427&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=CJjqT_DLj3acaM:&imgrefurl=http://bildungblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/when-he-first-heard-himself-referred-to.html&docid=g2xzZBfxkt10JM&imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zdZEF2EAYtM/UE3_SGxTAoI/AAAAAAAAyYY/52dR260as9M/s1600/MittRomneyHugeLaughLittleFace.jpeg&w=512&h=362&ei=Ac2MUO-8OJP02wWZ_4GADA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=456&vpy=153&dur=138&hovh=189&hovw=267&tx=137&ty=63&sig=114162500593355801532&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=164&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:74

FeedYourHead
10-28-2012, 01:13 PM
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2012/10/live-rob-zombie-marilyn-manson.php

Manichaeist
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
^ I'm currently on PM Mobile with an antique cell so I can't see or hear what was posted but I don't even NEED to know what bullshit it must be. Manson's delivery was great & the mix was excellent...I even told FeedYourHead afterward how excited & happy I was that her 1st Twins of Evil show was SO FUCKING GOOD & never heard a peep of disagreement from her or our pals who were there, so try TRUSTING YOUR GUT FIRSTHAND instead of some unprofessionally recorded & questionably mixed bullshit ffs, plz. :P

well, I didn't think he sounded as bad in person as the clip suggests but as I said earlier, the music was loud enough that his voice wasn't especially prominent anyway (that's always been true of live Manson to an extent anyway). I thought it was a decent show, nothing special and certainly made me happy that I didn't have to pay for the tickets.