PDA

View Full Version : Male genital mutilation (circumcision)

Golden Eel
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Are you for or against it? Why?

MaryYana
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I think it should be allowed, but not at such an early age. The person has to be above 18, in my opinion, able to make a decision without being forced by the parents. That is, you make the decision yourself.

"Why is your foreskin chopped off?"
"Mum and her god didn't like the looks of my penis."

Cringeon
07-27-2012, 12:46 PM
For, purely for look. Parents did it to me when born, would have hated to have to go through it at 18 hahaha.

RipVanTassel
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
For, purely for look. Parents did it to me when born, would have hated to have to go through it at 18 hahaha.

Yeah, I could never have done it once I was old enough to make that decision....so I guess I'm glad my parents did it when I was an infant. I think it looks better....but I'm sure I would think differently if I weren't already circumcised.

Seven
07-27-2012, 02:54 PM
"Why is your foreskin chopped off?"
"Mum and her god didn't like the looks of my penis."

Pretty much sums it up for me. Children should have rights that can't be over-ruled by religious fruitcake parents. Religion is not an excuse.

FeedYourHead
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
It isn't always a religious decision though. Isn't circumcision only a religious ceremony for Jewish people?

Seven
07-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Muslims do it too.

This caused a massive uproar and it may be overturned because Jews and Muslims are freaking out about it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/european-jewish-leaders-lambast-german-circumcision-ruling-a-844128.html

It would be a pity if they cave to religious pressure. First time they've agreed on anything.

sayyosin
07-27-2012, 03:08 PM
It's not always a religious decision. I got circumcised as a baby simply because many other parents were doing it at the time and mine wanted it too. I don't have anything against it if it's done properly and professionally.

Some cultures outside of western traditions have really dangerous circumcision procedures. There's one in (I think) South Africa where some guy will cut off the foreskin with a knife and make the man live alone in a tent until it heals. They can't drink water the whole time; they can only eat "mud pies." If they survive, they're brought back to their village and honored for coming into manhood. The same obviously happens to females too, although not in the same fashion. It can be even more dangerous.

FeedYourHead
07-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Do you suppose the long term health benefits of circumcision outweigh the pain and "mutilation" that the infant undergoes - and will never have memory of?

I know that question sounds as though I fully support circumcision. I don't. I'm actually really torn on the subject.
I think I would feel a lot better about if it were done solely for medical reasons, as opposed to religious "necessity." Although isn't that sometimes the case? I know tons of Christians who are circumcised.

AssetReign
07-27-2012, 03:36 PM
There really is no proven health benefit to circumcision. For those who are not having it done to their sons for religious reasons, the reason is purely cosmetic.

Sixteen Saltines
07-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Why not?

I imagine males would much rather have the procedure done when they are infants, rather than when they turn 18. No one is going to remember that when they are a few days old! If it is for long term health, I see no harm. Undoubtedly, if I ever have a child (god forbid) and it is male, I will have him circumcised without a second thought. I don't consider myself to have any religion, it would just be for health reasons.

Seven
07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Why do people keep talking about health benefits? There are no health benefits.

FeedYourHead
07-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Why do people keep talking about health benefits? There are no health benefits.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/circumcision.htm

Seven
07-27-2012, 03:49 PM
There are no independently funded studies which show any difference in the West. There has been a lot of questioning about the African studies and the criteria used, especially for selection and exclusion criteria.

FeedYourHead
07-27-2012, 03:54 PM
There are no independently funded studies which show any difference in the West. There has been a lot of questioning about the African studies and the criteria used, especially for selection and exclusion criteria.

Very true. I would love to see some conclusive studies that either entirely prove or disprove the proposed health benefits. At this point, with the few prospective studies that have been done in the US, I don't think we can really jump to any conclusions - I think future results could go either way.

Seven
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. There have been independent studies and they all agree. There is no difference. It is just that the belief that there is one is so ingrained. It is just propaganda.

FeedYourHead
07-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. There have been independent studies and they all agree. There is no difference. It is just that the belief that there is one is so ingrained. It is just propaganda.

I'm trying to find these studies but the only ones that keep coming up were conducted in or near Africa. Do you by any chance know where/when these articles were published?
That would be so great if they already disproved there being any health benefits. The idea of getting circumcised purely for cosmetic reasons is really unacceptable, in my opinion.

Cringeon
07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Absolutely no religious reason with me. Don't like the look of uncut at all, and just seems ... excessive lol

Seven
07-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I will have to ask because the internet throws up too many results and I am rubbish at remembering the names.

The biggest confusion has been caused by the 'meta-studies' which show confused results because they include all the studies, regardless of who funded them. So you get one which says there is a small benefit and then another says there is none. It is the individual studies which should be looked at. I am sure there was one for which Cambridge University did the statistical analysis. I will try to look them up tomorrow. Even in the interest group funded studies though, any benefit shown was only slight and limited.

@Cringeon - you really made me laugh with that. Especially when you have 'clip the apex' above your pic. Lolz.

Golden Eel
07-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Why not?

I imagine males would much rather have the procedure done when they are infants, rather than when they turn 18. No one is going to remember that when they are a few days old! If it is for long term health, I see no harm. Undoubtedly, if I ever have a child (god forbid) and it is male, I will have him circumcised without a second thought. I don't consider myself to have any religion, it would just be for health reasons.

Do you feel the same about female circumcision?

Cringeon
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Are you talking about removing excess skin, or cutting off the clit?

ImNotJesus
07-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Circumcision is flat-out absurd. It's rooted in ancient tradition and religion and maintains no relevance in today's supposedly progressive society.

What kind of idiot takes a look at a newly born, infant child and says "That's not perfect as it is, let me get my razor-blade to hack at its genitals". A poor Christopher Hitchens paraphrase I'm sure, but I stand by it.

We have a society whose morals are deeply rooted in the ideals of consent, and the ability to do so. This is a cut and dry issue: Circumcision is an invasive, painful medical procedure with no objectively proven benefits that holds only aesthetic value to certain people. Nobody should have their body altered for the personal preferences of anyone, they should be left to the age where they can make an informed decision for themselves.

Dysmorphia
07-28-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't agree with circumcision, male or female. If there's nothing wrong, don't fix it.

Emma
07-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Men whom I have been with who were circumcised, all had issues with ther penis in terms of uncomfortability when erect. Circumcision often restricts the way the penis is when erect and in some cases cause pain. I don't think its something that should be forced on anyone without their consent. And certainly not on a child, who can not consent and of course has a long way to go before their genetalia grows to maturity. Anyone who I have been with non circumcised expereinces none of the issues circumcised men do. Personally I think it's a procedure which has no benefits and as Seven has mentioned, the studies prove this. We all believe female circumcision is wrong - and I include labia removal and well as clitoral removal, so why does society still think mutilating a penis is fine.

I think the penis is beautiful as it is. Leave it alone.

Terrapin
07-28-2012, 07:15 AM
I believe it's wrong to decide to mutilate the penis of a baby unable to make the decision for themselves. Circumcision may be more aesthetically pleasing, according to society as a whole, but this shouldn't be the only factor. If I have a male child someday, While I don't have many real issues with mine as a result of being circumcised, my biggest regret is that I feel as if my penis is forever mutilated. Not the biggest of problems, but still not great. Can anyone quote me some reconstructive surgery rates on this? (kidding)

I hear one minor difficulty for parents of an uncircumcised boy is teaching the kid how to clean it at an early age. As a parent, you have to instruct them how to pull the foreskin back and wash regularly so to not allow this area to "fuse" together and cause some major issues. Other than that, I don't believe this is that big of a deal.

Cringeon
07-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm glad I have no penis issues haha. Never had any discomfort or lack of sensation, and many girls I've been with find uncut unattractive. I've all for people deciding for themselves, I guess just in my case very glad I had it done younger and have no issues. I imagine if there was some magical device to give you back extra foreskin, I don't really think many guys would go back. That said, I hate it being leveled on the same page as female genital cutting which I think is a different beast. The penis is not mutilated or hacked at during a circumcision, but to have complete vagina cut at is beyond me.

S.D.
07-28-2012, 10:06 AM
I think male genitalia should be ritually bronzed from birth so that across the planet, all young men's tackle would resemble my own golden penis.

Golden Eel
07-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I think male genitalia should be ritually bronzed from birth so that across the planet, all young men's tackle would resemble my own golden penis.

I saw S.D. was the last poster in this thread and thought, 'Oh wow, S.D. has some insight to add to an interesting thread' and then I clicked. Another 'joke'. Whoo!

S.D.
07-28-2012, 10:15 AM
It's not an interesting thread. I don't care about male circumcision, neither do I have any burning desire to discuss it. Any reasons for it other than medical necessity to prevent illness or infection are pointless, and besides that I don't live in a country that observes circumcision with any prevalence. It is an alien concept and I find it ludicrous.

Golden Eel
07-28-2012, 10:19 AM
It's not an interesting thread. I don't care about male circumcision, neither do I have any burning desire to discuss it. Any reasons for it other than medical necessity to prevent illness or infection are pointless, and besides that I don't live in a country that observes circumcision with any prevalence. It is an alien concept and I find it ludicrous.

Don't get lippy with me, sir.

I know you're an intellectual and, try as hard as you want to deny it, circumcision is a prevalent issue in a lot of cultures. But by saying "Any reasons for it other than medical necessity to prevent illness or infection are pointless", I think you've already contributed to the discussion.

So Ha!

Also, feel free to start your own 'interesting thread' if you're going to make smart-ass comments about how mine don't meet your standards.

ImNotJesus
07-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Okay everybody chill, we're more or less all on the same page anyway...

S.D.
07-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Don't get lippy with me, sir.

I know you're an intellectual and, try as hard as you want to deny it, circumcision is a prevalent issue in a lot of cultures. But by saying "Any reasons for it other than medical necessity to prevent illness or infection are pointless", I think you've already contributed to the discussion.

So Ha!

Also, feel free to start your own 'interesting thread' if you're going to make smart-ass comments about how mine don't meet your standards.

Nah, you're alright, I have to go to work soon. I'm sure the standards of your topic are fine, people are replying sure enough, it's simply that the topic is not one that really rears it's head (see what I did there) in England. The only person I ever knew who had a circumcision was for medical purposes. Anyway, foreskin is awesome, it was designed for a reason.

filthytothecore
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
I think it's complete and utter bullshit fuck what your religion thinks and let me think for myself, I don't care if your god had decreed this and that bullshit, I still think it's fucking stupid but what can someone do, When religion and fashion is a disease to be passed down through generations.

Whisky And Speed
07-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Anyway, foreskin is awesome, it was designed for a reason.

Yes, if your God had created it perfect, why would he order to spoil his perfect creation.It's all Jewish religious myths that has no evidence to support it (I have nothing against Jewish people AT ALL).It's a bloody practice to satisfy their God's thirst for blood only without any other reason.If you told me that it has any health benefits,I'll tell you,sorry,there is no solid evidence to support your claim at all.Moreover, it''s painful to your child when he's a baby and it will have a negative effect on him and on his sexual life when he grows up.If you are going to commit yourself to this barbarian practice for your child when he grows up I'll tell ya that you are going to commit a crime against mother nature and against your child.IT should be outlawed without questions and government should treat the person who does this practice as a criminal.Same words go for the female circumcision, and maybe harder words should be directed towards the female one.It's nothing more than a genital mutilation.Paul of tarsus was intelligent enough to realize who much useless was this practice and he made the best favor for the christian fellows, which was stating that circumcision has no religious value in the eyes of God(note it was the same Yahweh,ironic).If it wasn't for Paul ,Christians would have had to mutilate their children's dicks like their fellow Jews to satisfy their God.

This Abrahamic god is a blood thirsty entity, just skim your bibles if you have any.Hare Krishna.

The Empirical Guy
07-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Circumcision of babies is abhorrent, as far as I'm concerned. To permanently mutilate a person's body due to your own religious beliefs (and hence forcing them upon the child) when they are too young to have any say in the matter, but will live with the result for their entire lives, is a detestable thing to do. If done for medical reasons, I'd say you are misinformed, as I've never seen any independent, well documented studies that show circumcision has any health benefits. Of course, yes, it is cleaner, if you are uncircumcised you have to make sure you clean the foreskin regularly, but saying "it gets dirty, better cut it off" is ridiculous. My teeth get dirty if I don't clean them, but we don't rip them all out of my head, do we? No, I use a fucking toothbrush.

Of course, if a mature person wants to go and get the procedure done for whatever reason, be it religious or medical, and it's their own decision, then more power to them, and I couldn't really care less. It's plain wrong when done to a child, though.

Norsefire
07-29-2012, 07:01 AM
This is a good reason for circumcision, I saw it on TV a few weeks ago. If the video plays (could be blocked in some countries) just watch the part at 1:15... and probably don't eat whilst doing it as it's pretty fucking gross.

http://www.livefromtheclinic.channel4.com/case-videos/tight-foreskin-catchup

ImNotJesus
07-29-2012, 08:12 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO!

FUCK YOU NORSEFIRE, FUCK YOU!!

Norsefire
07-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Imagine if the Doctor had just done that whilst the guy was awake?

07-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Judging by INJ's response, I'm probably not gonna watch that. My parents never tampered with me when I was a child, and I wouldn't do anything to my own.

Norsefire
07-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Judging by INJ's response, I'm probably not gonna watch that.

It's from Embarrassing Bodies on Channel 4, so it's not that bad... but it's still bad.

MaryYana
07-29-2012, 11:18 PM
This is a good reason for circumcision, I saw it on TV a few weeks ago. If the video plays (could be blocked in some countries) just watch the part at 1:15... and probably don't eat whilst doing it as it's pretty fucking gross.

"Don't watch it while eating"? Don't watch it if you're planning to eat within the next 24 hours .__.

Poor guy.

Dysmorphia
07-30-2012, 01:53 AM

That was fucked. O_o

The Empirical Guy
07-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Yeah, but I'm sure we can agree that guy had a physical abnormality that needed correcting, but the large majority of people wouldn't be affected by that. Of course in cases where the foreskin is presenting a direct medical problem, circumcision can be a valid answer. But to carry on my earlier tooth metaphor, if you have a cavity, you get a filling, but you don't drill out all your teeth and get them filled to prevent cavities in the future.

Cringeon
07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
I think we've heard the opinions, now we just need to take a poll on who's cut or not? ;)

darluh
07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I'd like to talk to that guy in the video about the difference in feeling before and after the circumcision. I've read and talked to friends about how being circumcised means removing thousands of nerve endings from the penis and sex with foreskin is the shit. This, like many things that aren't, should be a choice. No foreskin is prettier, but if you love someone a lil dickflap normally doesn't matter.

Golden Eel
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
"No foreskin is prettier, but if you love someone a lil dickflap normally doesn't matter."

I've finally figured out my new tattoo idea.

07-31-2012, 11:40 PM
My parents had my cock clipped when I was a kid. They are atheists. Honestly, I'm glad that it doesn't look like a frankfurt.

Hazekiah
08-01-2012, 12:38 PM
^ With you there, lol.

I was born into an atheist/agnostic household and they had me circumcised as an infant due to the prevailing belief at the time that it was more cleanly and probably at least a little bit because my father had been as well.

Never had a single problem with it. Sex is awesome, my cock is easy to clean, and it's honestly not really something I ever really even think about. It just is. w/e

The person has to be above 18, in my opinion, able to make a decision without being forced by the parents.

I've known and had the extreme displeasure of working with people who've been freshly-circumcised as adults and, um...NO.

As long as it's done well and professionally I don't really think it's any more ethical to put a conscious adult through that, willingly or otherwise. If someone is going to go through something like that it might as well be as an infant when they're already being traumatized by every waking moment anyway and won't have the slightest recollection of it whatsoever.

And then there's the ongoing debate about whether or not circumcision has any health benefits...

...just watch the part at 1:15...

And that pretty much says it all.

Sure, the average uncircumcised person won't have complications THAT extreme.

But circumcision WITHOUT A DOUBT expedites and facilitates the cleanliness of cocks. As long as it's done carefully by a trained and skilled medical professional there really shouldn't be any problems, whereas there is actually a CLEAR CUT benefit instead. Pun intended.

Obviously, I wouldn't really give anyone a hard time for deciding NOT to have their son circumcised, but likening it to female "circumcision" and/or demonizing parents who DO have their sons circumcised is utterly ridiculous. (Pun also intended.)

Personally, as an atheist I still intend to have my hypothetical son circumcised.

I've just gonna make sure it's done WELL.

And I also intend to have the leavings saved in a sealed dome-ring like Erik Estrada from "CHiPS" had done to HIS son's foreskin. What an BRILLIANT idea!

Or maybe I'll just steep it in a bottle of absinthe or chartreuse perhaps.

I just think it would be AWESOME to sit him down as a young adult for our first real drink together and tell him it's time to "swallow the worm," as it were.

"You're a MAN now. Here. Go ahead and take this back...you've earned it, son."

:')

Golden Eel
08-01-2012, 12:56 PM
If we lived in a world where circumcision was unheard of and someone proposed the idea, I'd be willing to bet that all of you pro-cutters would laugh in their face.

Atom
08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm fine with parents getting their children circumcised for the same reasons I'm fine with parents being able to decide whether or not to have an abortion.

Golden Eel
08-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm fine with parents getting their children circumcised for the same reasons I'm fine with parents being able to decide whether or not to have an abortion.

I'm not sure if it's fair to equate the mutilation of a born, healthy child's penis to vacuuming a sack of cells out of a uterus.

Atom
08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Why?

Cringeon
08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Funny that people blame Abrahamic religions for this, when really the practice has been around for way longer and by cultures that had nothing to do with one another. Looks sexier, less maintenance, and to increase my hypothetical sons chances of getting his dick sucked - definitely going to snip it. People modify their children either in the womb or out, but obviously throwing around mutilation is just to demonize it. If I have a girl with excessive and disgusting pussy lips, you can bet your ass I'll have it clean up while she's a baby rather than have her go through that while older. I'll do it my child has webbed toes, weird growths, or anything else that just looks fucking weird lol

Golden Eel
08-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Okay, at what point does it become 'too much' for you guys? What if it became customary to give a child full facial plastic surgery straight out of the womb, botox and all? Would you guys be okay with that?

Atom
08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
What if? We're not discussing the "what ifs". You bring that up but discount my comparison to abortion? Really, MMT?

I don't think circumsision is necessary but I also don't think it's as terrible as you and a certain website you seem to base all of your opinions on do. I'm not "mutilated" and it has never caused me any problems. I don't enjoy sex less and I don't recall any pain. If someone hadn't explained it to me I'd probably have never even known it had happened (assuming of course that I never saw someone with a wilted, fleshy dong too).

So, yeah, it may not be necessary and it may not be something you want to think about while eating but it's certainly not as tragic and horrible as many people play it up to be.

Golden Eel
08-01-2012, 02:53 PM
What if? We're not discussing the "what ifs". You bring that up but discount my comparison to abortion? Really, MMT?

That wasn't so much to discount your abortion comparison as it was to counter Cringeon's points. I also think it's strange that he would compare a normal penis to webbed toes or other "weird growths."

It's like the Mitch Hedberg joke. Shouldn't corn on the cob just be called 'corn'? Shouldn't an uncircumcised cock just be called a 'cock'? Why are uncut dicks so weird to people? That's what normal dicks are supposed to look like. And if we weren't so used to this barbaric tradition, people wouldn't be so grossed out by a natural looking penis.

I don't think circumsision is necessary but I also don't think it's as terrible as you and a certain website you seem to base all of your opinions on do. I'm not "mutilated" and it has never caused me any problems. I don't enjoy sex less and I don't recall any pain. If someone hadn't explained it to me I'd probably have never even known it had happened (assuming of course that I never saw someone with a wilted, fleshy dong too).

So, yeah, it may not be necessary and it may not be something you want to think about while eating but it's certainly not as tragic and horrible as many people play it up to be.

Well, you are mutilated, at least if we're using the common definition. Whether or not the mutilation is a bad thing is a whole different story. I'm circumcised too, for the record. And how would you know if you did enjoy sex less? You don't have anything to compare it to, unless you've been circumcised recently. But honestly, cutting a child's penis skin off at birth to make it look like our culture's idea of what a penis should look like is a really fucking weird thing. Like I said before, if it wasn't the norm in our culture and someone proposed the idea, you would think they were fucking insane.

Atom
08-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I agree it's a pretty strange idea and a pretty strange practice. I guess I measure my pleasure by the accounts of others. I mean, if I did enjoy it anymore than I already do... good god.

But yeah, I agree that it's a weird thing to do - cutting the skin off of a child's dick. I also don't think comparing it to correcting a deformity makes much sense either. It's just not as horrible a thing as some people play it up to be.

Golden Eel
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't think it's some horrible tragedy that needs to be immediately stopped or anything. I just think it's a really strange thing that a lot of people don't think too in-depth about. But that's true for any number or inane traditions that cultures carry out.

filthytothecore
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
If anything it has made me hate anything everything to do with the so called traditions and religions anymore, Seriously your going to grab a babie's dick and snip it how seriously fucked are you and the rest of you fuckling nutballs. Clarify, Not any of you in particular)

Dysmorphia
08-01-2012, 10:55 PM
That wasn't so much to discount your abortion comparison as it was to counter Cringeon's points. I also think it's strange that he would compare a normal penis to webbed toes or other "weird growths."

It's like the Mitch Hedberg joke. Shouldn't corn on the cob just be called 'corn'? Shouldn't a circumcised cock just be called a 'cock'? Why are uncut dicks so weird to people? That's what normal dicks are supposed to look like. And if we weren't so used to this barbaric tradition, people wouldn't be so grossed out by a natural looking penis.

I actually think a 'natural' penis is more aesthetically pleasing than a circumcised one. I certainly don't understand why some people find foreskin abhorrent. I guess the look is down to personal taste. Nevertheless, circumcision should be a decision made by a consenting adult, not an ideal forced upon a child.

johncraze
08-02-2012, 08:50 AM
In my case, I'm not circuncised and it has all been fine for me.

Even if it is true that actual consent for doing such a procedure, is more sound and rational. That doesn't take away that people who were actually circuncised while being an infant, just don't really mind about that.

As far they can remember, their dicks have always been like that. It is no big deal, I guess.

MaryYana
08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
If we're going to compare circumcision to abortion, then I'll have to say that I think the same of circumcision as I do of abortion: A person who is breathing air, living outside the womb with an entire life ahead of them, should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding their body.

I though prefer to compare it to... let's say... splitting your own tongue. There are people who do that. It does hurt a lot to do it as a grown up, from what I've heard. This does not mean that you should be allowed to do it to your kid just because you as a parent prefer the looks of a split tongue.

It's not like I hate that people are allowed to circumcise their kids, it's not like I think it's as important of an issue as abortion or so, but my opinion is that it's rather wrong. No offense to the people in here who are circumcised.

ThreeEyedGod
08-02-2012, 01:57 PM
White girl and White Russians, and then some zanex for afterwards to chill afterwards

SangreV
08-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I've probably said this before but I'm going to start my own religion in which we take each newborn and snip out a piece of the baby's rectum and 'Mike Tyson' their ears. This absurd form of cruelty upon defenseless babies won't be considered so ghastly once it becomes tradition, and just as long as it's tied to a religion.

08-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure if it's fair to equate the mutilation of a born, healthy child's penis to vacuuming a sack of cells out of a uterus.

That actually made me piss myself laughing.

Sticky Killer Jones
08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwBao-Tb_BA

Munch Munch.

And if I had a young boy, I won't get him circumcised. I'll leave that decision to him as he gets older. And if that's his decision, our whole family will piggyback him through the streets and split the foreskin between tortillas.

ThreeEyedGod
08-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Pornography is being left out of this discussion and it is a major reason why young men view circumcision as 'more normal' since it is more prevalent on porn vids.

filthytothecore
08-07-2012, 01:42 PM
^ You'd be suprised how many women enjoy uncut over cut, In truth it's just really an opinion on what feels good but it should be left to someone that is older to decide what to do with their vag or phallus

ThreeEyedGod
08-08-2012, 12:18 PM
^ You'd be suprised how many women enjoy uncut over cut, In truth it's just really an opinion on what feels good but it should be left to someone that is older to decide what to do with their vag or phallus

When I was younger, the attitude seemed to lean towards the ( now totally unfounded) belief that cut was cleaner or more aesthetically 'pleasing' to the eye; that attitude seems to be quickly diminishing.

whatever is clever.

"phallus"..heheh

Norsefire
08-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Just saw this article up on the BBC website today, might interest some of you in this thread - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19072761

eleven44
08-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Highly against it. After 18, I have no issue with whatever someone wants to do with their body, but the medical industry here in the states has perpetuated a lie that it's beneficial to do(for money)and Americans over time feel it looks better because it's the norm. Whatever is 'normal' looks better. The grave mistake is that it's not normal, 85% of the world is uncut, there are no health benefits, only sexual deterioration.

Circumcised males can't experience the kind of orgasms than intact males can because the sensitivity is greatly reduced and over 20,000 nerve endings are removed in the procedure. It's simply a human rights violation if done to an non-consenting infant.

If you were unfortunately cut, break the cycle and don't do it to your own kids and spread information to get this procedure out of culture and style.

eleven44
08-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Why?

Because the child is not going to be a child forever, but will grow into an adult that has to live with the parents decision on their own sexual well being. Fuck that, sorry. Think about it. What if the parents wanted to lob off your toes as an infant? Is that fair?

Shangri-LIE
08-23-2012, 02:43 PM
It's also considered mutilation to scar your body with tattoo's, piercings, or any other sort of modification for that matter. To be honest I am not sure how I feel about circumcision. I never really cared enough to even think about it that much. Circumcision is not just some sort of religious or cosmetic ritual. Different cultures throughout history have done it for various reasons. I won't type it all out as it is all accessible with a quick Google search. What I do wonder is if people can be recircumsized because the sex is apparently better with it.

eleven44
08-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes, but nobody would go for piercing and inking up an infant. Why? Because it's without the child's consent and the same goes for slicing off what is really a useful part of the body.

An adult, or even teenager that is of sound enough to mind to make a decision(lets say 16), can do whatever they want. An infant is powerless and I feel subjecting an infant freshly out of the womb to a painful operation as one of their first experiences is horrible. That's not starting off right....

AssetReign
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
It's also considered mutilation to scar your body with tattoo's, piercings, or any other sort of modification for that matter.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the culture, traditions, and religious practices.

Shangri-LIE
08-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Not necessarily. It all depends on the culture, traditions, and religious practices.

That's true. I don't know why I added that.

Also, I wonder if people can have their circumcisions reversed? As in having extra skin grafted back onto their penis. Orrr if someone has already had that done? lol

AssetReign
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
That's true. I don't know why I added that.

Also, I wonder if people can have their circumcisions reversed? As in having extra skin grafted back onto their penis. Orrr if someone has already had that done? lol

Because of the question of all the nerve endings. I'm not sure if a graft would work and what other part of the body would be the source.

Cringeon
08-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I see baby girls with pierced ears all the damn time.

AssetReign
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM

That's partially tradition and culture. A lot of the Latin cultures have female infants' ears pierced at birth.

eleven44
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
You don't see many infants with full sleeve tats, tongue piercings and other body modifications of that ilk.

For the other question, yes, you can mostly have it reversed through restoration. It will be missing the nerve ending and the rigid band though, but people who have done that have stated they are pleased with the result and a great increase in pleasure for them and their partners.Seems like a lot of effort to me, but it should have never be taken from them without their consent anyway, so I would assume it's psychologically satisfying more than anything.

AssetReign
08-23-2012, 03:32 PM
^ What was the source of the skin harvest?

Cringeon
08-23-2012, 03:35 PM
That's partially tradition and culture. A lot of the Latin cultures have female infants' ears pierced at birth.lol i know and so is nipping the tip. Infant Earlobe Mutilation! :P

eleven44
08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
It's a method of tension that produces mitosis in the skin, much like when you see it done medically in hospitals for other body parts. When the skin is gently stretched overtime, new skin is grown by the body. So these people who have done this use a tension device over the course of a few years to get back a full coverage and most functionality.

The pictures of the restored people look almost identical to a real intact person.

AssetReign
08-23-2012, 03:38 PM
lol i know and so is nipping the tip. Infant Earlobe Mutilation! :P

Exactly! Poor babies.

The Empirical Guy
08-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Lol, the doctor in that BBC article was named 'Wang'.
I'm not sure about the graph saying 60% of Australian men are circumcised. Maybe among older generations, but as far as I'm aware amongst people my own age it's virtually unheard of outside of people who come from strongly religious Jewish or Muslim families.

Golden Eel
08-24-2012, 01:08 AM

That's also a really fucking dumb tradition.

"Oh this baby is so cute! You know what would make it cuter? If I stuck some chunks of metal into its ears for some absurd reason!"

Cringeon
08-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Yeah, or the cultures that tattoo their children, or put bones in their nose or discs in their lips. Fuck cultures do things.

Shangri-LIE
08-24-2012, 08:43 AM
My culture cut part of my dick off. It's payback time. lol

MaryYana
08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Let's just sum it up to this: Cultures think they know better what you (will) want than you do, and tradition thinks it knows better about the world in general than common sense.

Cringeon
08-27-2012, 06:39 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/08/27/159955340/pediatricians-decide-boys-are-better-off-circumcised-than-not?utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20120827

Lydia
08-27-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/08/27/159955340/pediatricians-decide-boys-are-better-off-circumcised-than-not?utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20120827

Good to know.

Elizabeth Casto
12-02-2012, 03:43 AM
i think it helps a dude get laid when he is older.

blue angel
12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
I am for circumcision, it seems all for the better. But, to each their own. I have come ac
ross one man of not having been circumcized and it wasn't to my preference.
i believe that each person under whatever tradition should be proud of who they are and what they have.
It should be only about the person.

loftvoker
12-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Highly against it. After 18, I have no issue with whatever someone wants to do with their body, but the medical industry here in the states has perpetuated a lie that it's beneficial to do(for money)and Americans over time feel it looks better because it's the norm. Whatever is 'normal' looks better. The grave mistake is that it's not normal, 85% of the world is uncut, there are no health benefits, only sexual deterioration.

Circumcised males can't experience the kind of orgasms than intact males can because the sensitivity is greatly reduced and over 20,000 nerve endings are removed in the procedure. It's simply a human rights violation if done to an non-consenting infant.

If you were unfortunately cut, break the cycle and don't do it to your own kids and spread information to get this procedure out of culture and style.

You are going to need to cite reputable sources on many of these statements you make. Should we not cut the umbilical cord too because it's "non-consenting" wtf.

Lydia
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Hilarious to see how angry guys with foreskins get about the fact that women find cut penises more attractive. Sorry guys, it's life!

ThreeEyedGod
12-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Hilarious to see how angry guys with foreskins get about the fact that women find cut penises more attractive. Sorry guys, it's life!

Is that a fact?

Lydia
12-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Is that a fact?
Yep.

ThreeEyedGod
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Yep.
Kool

The Empirical Guy
12-06-2012, 06:25 PM

Is that a fact?

Yep.

I actually think a 'natural' penis is more aesthetically pleasing than a circumcised one.

http://www.chemicalrecovery.org/e107_images/newspost_images/mythbusters_busted.png

Lydia
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.chemicalrecovery.org/e107_images/newspost_images/mythbusters_busted.png
Here you go: http://www.circs.org/index.php/Library/Williamson

Dysmorphia
12-06-2012, 06:47 PM

Bitches be crazy.

Emma
12-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Not here, like it uncut myself

The Empirical Guy
12-07-2012, 12:48 AM

Hardly anything to be making blanket statements on. The opening abstract, which states that up to 83% of women prefer circumcised penises, was taken from a sample of 145 women. One hundred and forty five women. Just think about how many that isn't. In fact, all the studies mentioned there are taken from samples of less than 300, which is a ridiculously small number from a global population of 7 billion or so. It also freely admits that the preferences of those tested may be formed by cultural perceptions of 'normal'. The only thing it really shows is that the majority of a small group of white, Christian women from the American Midwest prefer circumcised penises. To claim that as a global standard is ridiculous.

Golden Eel
12-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Hardly anything to be making blanket statements on. The opening abstract, which states that up to 83% of women prefer circumcised penises, was taken from a sample of 145 women. One hundred and forty five women. Just think about how many that isn't. In fact, all the studies mentioned there are taken from samples of less than 300, which is a ridiculously small number from a global population of 7 billion or so. It also freely admits that the preferences of those tested may be formed by cultural perceptions of 'normal'. The only thing it really shows is that the majority of a small group of white, Christian women from the American Midwest prefer circumcised penises. To claim that as a global standard is ridiculous.

You shut the fuck up. Everybody knows that North America is the only geographical area that exists in the world and the rest are just lies created by the elite Jewish Reptilian media to keep us in line. Also fluoride in the water.

Whisky And Speed
12-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Everybody knows that North America is the only geographical area that exists in the world and the rest are just lies created by the elite Jewish Reptilian media to keep us in line.

Seriously, LMAO because I didn't know that there is a piece of land named America. I should've read the newspapers to know about Christopher Columbus' recent discovery.

Lydia
12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
As I said, I find it hilarious to see how angry guys with foreskins get about the fact that women find cut penises more attractive.

The Empirical Guy
12-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Not even slightly mad bro. I'm just pointing out that what you're saying is entirely incorrect. If you want to take that and go "hurr, he so mad because I'm right!" then it's just making you look either stupid or immature, really.

ThreeEyedGod
12-09-2012, 09:13 AM
^LIKE SHE SAID...etc. etc.

Emma
12-10-2012, 03:02 AM
I have to agree with Empirical here. The number of people in that poll is small and therefore can not be used to say all women like cut. Saying that if women do respond that way it is because they have been conditioned to believe a cut penis is somehow more the norm - after all a lot of men in the US (75% i think compared to 30% worldwide) are circumcised and so they are more likely to have seen a cut member other than one non cut. Having encountered both - and more cut than non cut, I still say a natural member is better and better looking, plus causes less problems for the man than a circumcised member.

And from this thread there have been at least two women who have said they prefer uncut members and more who say they are not supportive of circumcision.

I don't think anything Empirical said could be taken as some kind of butt-hurt man response, I think he reasoned his argument well as to why he thinks the poll is not reliable.

BTW this link bears out what I said earlier that most men in America are circumcised therefore women are more used to it and therefore this can be possibly seen as a reason why women are more likely to vote in favor: http://www.restoringtally.com/blog/2010/12/women-overwhelmingly-prefer-sex-man-who-has-foreskin

There's also some interesting discussion here which also highlights why a poll of US women are more likely to be in favor of circumcised: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100914163328AAGse0j

So the initial statement that most women prefer circumcised actually only applies to the US and not worldwide.

S.D.
12-10-2012, 06:04 AM
This is mostly just Lydia's justification for getting mounted by Pogo.

Doom Juan
12-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Should we not cut the umbilical cord too because it's "non-consenting" wtf.

If you don't cut the umbilical cord, then the child will die.

You are not going to die by keeping your foreskin, however.

SangreV
12-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm sure there are men out there who prefer women to be circumcised too. I'm sure there are many convicts who also enjoy the sight of mutilated vaginas. But it's really pointless to bring up arguments like this because they do nothing to solidify the pro-circumcision stance, nor does it offer any real justification for circumcision in the first place. It's silly to suggest that aesthetic preferences of the opposing gender should have any value whatsoever in this debate.

Lydia
12-10-2012, 07:01 PM
This is mostly just Lydia's justification for getting mounted by Pogo.
Umm...never have I been mounted by Pogo.

I'm sure there are men out there who prefer women to be circumcised too. I'm sure there are many convicts who also enjoy the sight of mutilated vaginas. But it's really pointless to bring up arguments like this because they do nothing to solidify the pro-circumcision stance, nor does it offer any real justification for circumcision in the first place. It's silly to suggest that aesthetic preferences of the opposing gender should have any value whatsoever in this debate.
Way more men prefer women to have orgasms than for their clitorises to be mutilated.

loftvoker
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
If you don't cut the umbilical cord, then the child will die.

You are not going to die by keeping your foreskin, however.

Medically this is not accurate. It will decay after the pregnancy.

MechanicalAnimal
07-10-2013, 11:28 AM
The circumcision of foreskin can have a profound impact on the health of the penis. I mean, it is there for a reason, after all. It helps keep the glands (head) moisturized, as well as numerous other things. The act of circumcision desensitizes the penis, making it harder to achieve orgasm. (Feel free to check out this page: http://www.circumcisionharm.org/gallery1.htm It is absolutely appalling to see some the effects of circumcision on these guys. They are literally mutated beyond recognition.) I think the child should have a choice. How would you girls feel if your Mother had part of your vagina severed off at birth, without any input from the actual owner of said vagina?

And as far as the cleanliness issue, if you're too fucking lazy to pull the foreskin back and wash it, than that says more about you than I ever could.

It's also pretty sad that uncircumcised men are often considered "weird, abnormal, etc.", when in actuality they are the normal ones. I mean for Christ's sake, circumcised guys have huge scars across their shaft, and two-toned cocks! How is that normal?!

I am uncircumcised, and I prefer having a built in fleshlight, thank you. :D

MechanicalAnimal
07-11-2013, 11:45 AM
This is why circumcision, in my opinion, should be illegal (at least until someone can make the choice themselves).

Imagine if you were this guy...(Warning, graphic content linked). It pisses me off to no end to think that this guy had absolutely NO SAY WHATSOEVER about this, and now he has to live with it the rest of his life.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Restric/Images/Botched/brig30-str4-AA.jpg