PDA

View Full Version : Remake Raping continues... Latest victim is this.

Mi-CroMartie
08-22-2012, 11:51 PM
http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Carrie_EW_8_21_12.jpg

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Carrie_EW_2_8_21_12.jpg

Yes, that shitz real..

http://galeri7.uludagsozluk.com/218/i-m-out_301876.jpg

Spaceman
08-23-2012, 07:26 AM
It will probably be a pile of shit. People should just watch the original.

ThreeEyedGod
08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Will it be dark and gritty? Maybe a little nikki minaj in the soundtrack.

Golden Eel
08-23-2012, 07:56 AM
How could they destroy such a timeless piece of art? The original Carrie will be remembered for years as an integral part of American cinematic history. Oh no, wait, it's Carrie. Who gives a shit?

iggy
08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
How could they destroy such a timeless piece of art? The original Carrie will be remembered for years as an integral part of American cinematic history. Oh no, wait, it's Carrie. Who gives a shit?

Anyone who's not an overly cynical douchebag?

They could legalize murder and you'd just say "pfft, no one cares. Life is so overrated".

Carrie is a classic, you'd have to be a moron to miss that, and there is no way in hell Julianne Moore has what it takes to pull off the psycho mother. Everything else could be perfect, but the mom makes that movie and Julianne Moore is pretty much the worst actress to even appear on film.

Cannibal-Corpse
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I love the Original Carrie, an i even somewhat enjoyed Carrie 2: The Rage for being a complete knock off of the Original.

This Remake wont hurt the Original nor will it change my opinion on Carrie, i think it has a great cast an has potential to be entertaining enough to watch. An Chloe is growing up to be a hottie... but if you have zero interest in the Remake Raping then just don't support it... Easy enough

AssetReign
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Piper Laurie was perfection as the religious zealot mom. I know Moore is highly regarded but, in this case, I don't think she can fill Laurie's shoes. The same goes for Sissy Spacek.
The effects will be better only because technology has progressed so much, but more realistic blood and guts. . . meh.

Mi-CroMartie
08-23-2012, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asIM_JQJAa4

I also thought about this song when I first read about Carrie remake. Haha.

Golden Eel
08-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Anyone who's not an overly cynical douchebag?

This response to everything I say is meant to be ironic, right? Pretty much all you do here is bitch about things.

Adonai
08-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Sad

petticoat
08-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Maybe King's sequel to The Shining will relieve the sting.

SangreV
08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Carrie was already remade like ten years ago.

And Julianne Moore sucks!

Hexon.Arq
08-26-2012, 03:12 PM
When I saw the thread title I immediately thought of the first entry in this list:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-people-get-way-too-worked-up-about/

Let the rape rapetinue.

08-29-2012, 09:30 PM
What actually annoys me is how America remakes foreign films. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Let The Right One In. Even Martyrs is rumored to be having an American remake.

Why?!

Why is it that the rest of the world can enjoy foreign cinema except for the U.S? The films are always cleaned up and dumbed down, even when it comes to T.V series like The Office. I'd feel that my intelligence was being insulted if Australia had the audacity to remake the vast amounts of cinematography and T.V that the U.S does. Fuck that.

necrospasms
08-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Remakes don't "ruin" movies. If anything, they expose the original film to a new, fresher audience.

Some remakes are awful, yes. The remake of Psycho was probably the worst thing to ever happen to a classic film. But what did it take away from the original? Nothing. It just made the 1960 version look that much better by comparison.

I always look forward to new takes on classic films. I thought the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre (my favorite horror movie of all time) was a decent addition to a horror franchise.

I'm really tired of the predictable backlash from fans about how remakes will "ruin" the classics.
Please, don't. Let the kids have their updated versions, and enjoy the originals.

I was also a big fan of 'Let The Right One In'... and I admit, I kinda groaned when I heard about "Let Me In".. but once I saw it I wasn't only impressed with it, I thought it was better than the original.
When it comes to Americanizing contemporary horror movies, there has been a good streak (Ringu/The Ring, Ju-on/The Grudge).

I have my doubts about the 'Matyrs' remake, but I'll be open to giving it a chance.

08-30-2012, 01:16 AM
I think it is great if a remake brings something new to the film other then 'de-foreignising' it. Which is what I think happens most of the time. I don't care about old films getting a make over.

kalim123
08-30-2012, 05:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asIM_JQJAa4

I also thought about this song when I first read about Carrie remake. Haha.
I thought about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWxor-yARa8&feature=related

kalim123
08-30-2012, 05:21 AM
What actually annoys me is how America remakes foreign films. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
I thought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remake wasn't bad. Although I feel like if I hadn't read the book & watched the original film it would of been really confusing. I think both films compliment the book. But the original was better.

iggy
08-30-2012, 06:36 AM
This response to everything I say is meant to be ironic, right? Pretty much all you do here is bitch about things.

It's strange because during and immediately after that quote, I praise a horror classic. Our friendly neighborhood drunk douchebag isn't paying attention.

OT: have there ever really been any good remakes? Yes. They may be rare, but one that immediately comes to mind is the 80's remake of The Thing.

The Ghoul
08-30-2012, 06:50 AM
I'll add The Fly

iggy
08-30-2012, 06:52 AM
The Blob.

AssetReign
08-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Remakes don't "ruin" movies.

True. People so often state that a remake has "ruined" the original and I've never understood how they came to that erroneous (and impossible) conclusion. Why would a remake have any impact whatsoever on the original?

iggy
08-30-2012, 07:37 AM
True. People so often state that a remake has "ruined" the original and I've never understood how they came to that erroneous (and impossible) conclusion. Why would a remake have any impact whatsoever on the original?

I think they're just stating that it doesn't stand up to the original, and is a classless nostalgia cash in on a once successful and beloved franchise. It's a poor choice of words, but it's not meant to be taken so literally.

AssetReign
08-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I think they're just stating that it doesn't stand up to the original, and is a classless nostalgia cash in on a once successful and beloved franchise. It's a poor choice of words, but it's not meant to be taken so literally.

True, but I've heard people say the remake "ruined the original" and that doesn't make sense. Maybe I am being too literal.

Lucille
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I think remakes upset people because for better or for worse people identify with films personally. The remake is seen as a perversion and an insult to something that is on some level part of ones identity. Not to mention that *most* of the time remakes are capitalist cash grabs that attempt to take advantage of people's connection to pieces of art/entertainment already proven popular/profitable. In my opinion they're cheap and I don't know if I would consider them art (except for maybe in a pop art sense?)

Having said that, in the end I don't think it really matters. If you don't like it, don't go see it. It is what it is.