PDA

View Full Version : Manson a Prophet

TakeAsNeeded
10-07-2012, 04:27 AM
I noticed a "connection" awhile ago, between the triptych and well...our past/present/future.

Manson has said the story is reverse, so we start with Holy Wood.

For us Holy Wood would start the year it was released 2000, becoming more evident the morning of 9/11 - "Lamb of God"

"They orchestrated dramatic new scenes
for Celebritarian™ needs.".

One doesn't have to buy into conspiracy theories to know after that date, America, it's citizens, Government, it all changed to something right out of the album. Just look to the events proceeding, the "Target Audience" who blindly followed their "President Dead" singing their "Death Song".

As time went on it became evident to some that they were/are just "Stars on your/their burning flag" which could lead to "The Apple of Discord" and perhaps "King Kill 33."

Holy Wood and Mechanical Animals meld together, "When one world ends something else begins", and brings us close to our current date...this "Great Big White World". Technology slowly heralded our evilution into the digital, cold, cynical "Mechanical Animals/New Models" we are becoming.

We are living in the Mechanical Animals Era, when will we shift into the next chapter...?

Greynhord
10-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Clearly seen. Very nice analysis.
People will say to you your not "rational", but let them say: as you emphasized, we're gonna come in the fucking destruction Era, they will see then.

Shangri-LIE
10-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Marilyn Manson travels time and controls our destinies. I have always realized this since I started listening to him. There are times when I did not want to do something but was told by an apparition of him that I must do so in order to make the world a better place. He infiltrates peoples dreams, and he also uses subliminal messages to subconsciously train us for his army that in 3 years will suddenly take to the streets and change the world.

A Better Messiah
10-07-2012, 09:29 AM
If you changed the word "prophet" to social/political analyst you'd be absolutely correct. I think that everything Manson documented in the Triptych (including violence itself, as he said in his Rolling Stone article) has been present since the beginning of mankind, and a short long while later than that, civilization. These things are present in just about any time period and any society, at least those which are anywhere close to our own. Manson offered a modern satire/commentary of those things and chances are he was well aware that history repeats itself; national events(much like the Triptych) can be cyclical. Heck, for further proof look at the economic calendar of depressions and booming periods. Society swings one way and then it leans towards the other after a while. Manson may not have predicted 9/11 or Columbine, but he knew that something would happen and hold this effect over modern civilization because as an educated person he could recognize the signs of the times.

Not that I think this devalues what he said or did in any way. It's more impressive to me than being some supernatural prophet, lol! I get what you're getting at, but I thought I should just be a dick and clarify some. Hope it's not taken the wrong way or as an insult/joke!

Bryson18
10-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Marilyn Manson travels time and controls our destinies. I have always realized this since I started listening to him. There are times when I did not want to do something but was told by an apparition of him that I must do so in order to make the world a better place. He infiltrates peoples dreams, and he also uses subliminal messages to subconsciously train us for his army that in 3 years will suddenly take to the streets and change the world.

What exactly will happen in 3 years?

Shangri-LIE
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
What exactly will happen in 3 years?

Bryson18
10-07-2012, 03:09 PM

What is so important about 2015?

Shangri-LIE
10-07-2012, 04:13 PM
What is so important about 2015?

You know. The 15

Willice
10-07-2012, 04:49 PM
...he also uses subliminal messages to subconsciously train us for his army that in 3 years will suddenly take to the streets and change the world.

Sounds like a party, I'll bring the keg.

If nothing else, his rate of production indicates a high likelihood of a ninth album in 2015. It would be sweet of it was the kind of album that vaulted him back to the premier iconoclastic status he had in the late nineties.

We are living in the Mechanical Animals Era, when will we shift into the next chapter...?

When the global economy collapses and leaves 99.9 percent of humanity in a Hobbesian state of nature and our world is an ashtray.

brian219
10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Finally, a thread where people know what they're talking about. Manson is the anti-christ, anti-god and anti-pope, so of course it will all play out backward. His powers are very close to their fullness and when they are the ACSS era will certainly play out in the world. TV and music will place his mark on the minds of the people. There will be many VCR funerals for those whose minds are recorded over by the puppet master. Dance marionette, dance. It may not be fun but it will be all that's left for you.

Bryson18
10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Finally, a thread where people know what they're talking about. Manson is the anti-christ, anti-god and anti-pope, so of course it will all play out backward. His powers are very close to their fullness and when they are the ACSS era will certainly play out in the world. TV and music will place his mark on the minds of the people. There will be many VCR funerals for those whose minds are recorded over by the puppet master. Dance marionette, dance. It may not be fun but it will be all that's left for you.

So what are you saying we should do? and if you think he is the anti-Christ, can you give me some proof?

brian219
10-07-2012, 10:59 PM
So what are you saying we should do? and if you think he is the anti-Christ, can you give me some proof?

There's nothing that anyone can do except reject the mark. That wouldn't grant salvation, but it would avoid the immortality that comes with joining with one who cannot die. Contrary to popular belief the human soul is not immortal, but it can become so. Joining, on a spiritual level, to the beast whose fate is sealed allows those that do so to live forever with him. Just like those that join with Jesus Christ. The problem is that since the beast is to wind up in the lake of fire, that may not be the smartest move to make.

As for proof, obviously if that were an easy thing to come up with then this would all be rather easy and would be a swift end to all of the deception that is happening and is yet to come. The most convincing source, of those that I can share anyway, is Manson himself, especially in his book. Those without wisdom, scarce as it it these days, are quick to reinterpret what he himself says, discounting as metaphor the admissions that are clearly made.

I don't believe in chance, accidents or coincidences. I believe in the Delusional Self, which is to say that I believe that the things I talk and think about change the world around me and result in events that appear to be coincidental. I believe that my life is so important that it affects the lives of everyone else. I believe I am God. I believe everyone is their own God. I dreamt I was the Antichrist, and I believe it.

I've thought about being the Antichrist ever since the word was first taught to me at Christian school. In the Bible, the the word antichrist is only used as a description of people who don't believe in the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. He is not described as one satanic entity--as the beast od Revelation which many people believe--but as a person, any person, who deviates from the Christian orthodoxy. But through years of myth-making and fear-sowing, Christianity metamorphosed antichrists into a single Antichrist, an apocalyptic villain and Christian bogeyman used to scare people much as Santa Claus is used to regulate children's behavior. After years of studying the concept, I began to realize that the Antichrist is a character--a metaphor--who exists in nearly all religions under different names, and maybe there is some truth in it, a need for such a person. But from another perspective, this person could be seen not as a villain but as a final hero to save people from their own ignorance. The apocalypse doesnt have to be fire and brimstone. It could happen on a personal level. If you believe you're the center of your own universe and you want to see the universe destroyed, it only takes one bullet.
When my dreams about the Antichrist began occuring more frequently later in life, I knew I was that figure. When I dreamt as a child I'd be performing in front of thousands of people, it seemed just as improbable at the time. Now I doubt nothing. After all, the beasts and dragons of the apocalypse were all born in a dream, a dream of John the Apostle's now known as Revelation and taught as fact. In one of my own revelations--we all have them--it was the last day of the world, Judgement Day, and there was a giant tickertape parade in New York. Except instead of paper, people were throwing vegetables and rotten meat. I was on a giant crucifix strapped to a huge float made from human and animal skin. We were nearing Times Square, the sky was a deep black streaked with jagged stripes of orange, yellow, red and purple, and everyone was celebrating. They were happy that they were finally going to die.

It was then that I began having nightmares--nightmares that continue to this day. I was thoroughly terrified by the idea of the end of the world and the Antichrist. So I became obsessed with it, watching movies like The Exorcist and The Omen and reading prophetic books like Centuries by Nostradamus, 1984 by George Orwell and the novelized version of the film A Thief in the Night, which described very graphically people getting their heads cut off because they hadn't received 666 tattoos on their forehead. Combined with the weekly harangues at Christian school, it all made the apocalypse seem so real, so tangible, so close that I was constantly haunted by dreams and worries about what would happen if I found out who the Antichrist was. Would I risk my life to save everyone else? What if I already had the mark of the beast somewhere on me--underneath my scalp or on my ass where I couldn't see it? What if the Antichrist was me?

Gradually, I began to resent Christian school and doubt everything I was told. It became clear that the suffering they were praying to be released from was a suffering they had imposed on themselves--and now us. The beast they lived in fear of was really themselves: it was man, not some mythological demon, that was going to destroy man in the end. And this beast had been created out of their fear.
The seeds of who I am now had been planted.

This part shows a clear understanding of Revelation that most Christian "scholars" fail to grasp. The "sea" that the beast rises from is clearly defined by Revelation:

17:15 And he saith unto me, the waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Peoples, multitudes, nations and tongues. Mankind. That's what the beast has risen from. He is a son of mankind, Man's son. What happened to the waters to cause this?

8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell on the third part of the rivers, and on the fountains of waters;

8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

The Hebrew for bitterness is Marah, which is where the name Marilyn comes from. The Greek used here for Wormwood is "absinthos," the bitter weed.

Oh no! He is everything they said he was! Oh no! I am all the things they said I was!
Marilyn Manson

TakeAsNeeded
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM
If you changed the word "prophet" to social/political analyst you'd be absolutely correct. I think that everything Manson documented in the Triptych (including violence itself, as he said in his Rolling Stone article) has been present since the beginning of mankind, and a short long while later than that, civilization. These things are present in just about any time period and any society, at least those which are anywhere close to our own. Manson offered a modern satire/commentary of those things and chances are he was well aware that history repeats itself; national events(much like the Triptych) can be cyclical. Heck, for further proof look at the economic calendar of depressions and booming periods. Society swings one way and then it leans towards the other after a while. Manson may not have predicted 9/11 or Columbine, but he knew that something would happen and hold this effect over modern civilization because as an educated person he could recognize the signs of the times.

Not that I think this devalues what he said or did in any way. It's more impressive to me than being some supernatural prophet, lol! I get what you're getting at, but I thought I should just be a dick and clarify some. Hope it's not taken the wrong way or as an insult/joke!

Nah, you are right on point with what I was trying to get across. I agree, with history repeating itself...and Manson noticing just the right times to commentate on it.

Bryson18
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
There's nothing that anyone can do except reject the mark. That wouldn't grant salvation, but it would avoid the immortality that comes with joining with one who cannot die. Contrary to popular belief the human soul is not immortal, but it can become so. Joining, on a spiritual level, to the beast whose fate is sealed allows those that do so to live forever with him. Just like those that join with Jesus Christ. The problem is that since the beast is to wind up in the lake of fire, that may not be the smartest move to make.

As for proof, obviously if that were an easy thing to come up with then this would all be rather easy and would be a swift end to all of the deception that is happening and is yet to come. The most convincing source, of those that I can share anyway, is Manson himself, especially in his book. Those without wisdom, scarce as it it these days, are quick to reinterpret what he himself says, discounting as metaphor the admissions that are clearly made.

This part shows a clear understanding of Revelation that most Christian "scholars" fail to grasp. The "sea" that the beast rises from is clearly defined by Revelation:

Peoples, multitudes, nations and tongues. Mankind. That's what the beast has risen from. He is a son of mankind, Man's son. What happened to the waters to cause this?

The Hebrew for bitterness is Marah, which is where the name Marilyn comes from. The Greek used here for Wormwood is "absinthos," the bitter weed.

WOW! Just WOW! :) That is amazing, you should really write more about it. I read Revelation at least once a week and would love to hear more. Please write more. Thanks!

Willice
10-09-2012, 12:20 AM
WOW! Just WOW! :) That is amazing, you should really write more about it. I read Revelation at least once a week and would love to hear more. Please write more. Thanks!

Yeah, that was a damn good read. I've always liked Manson's idea of individual apocalypse, the Apocalypse being something that each person experiences within themselves.

crazybitch
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I think music is a way of prophecy and divination. Through it you can bring truth and revelation to the masses, or ignorance and ruin. People are very blind, in this era I think MM is at a very pivotal point of influence, and I believe that we need some chaos to bring forth justice and self affirmation before it's too late. What I wish is that MM will continue to use his power to inspire people and wake them up to the problems of injustice and violence, where he stands as a true leader is through his art.

loftvoker
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry to deplete your vespene gas, but Manson is no where near a true prophet of any kind. He's introduced nothing new and the tryptich is open to interpretation and an afterthought.

crazybitch
11-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Sorry to deplete your vespene gas, but Manson is no where near a true prophet of any kind. He's introduced nothing new and the tryptich is open to interpretation and an afterthought.

I disagree. I feel his music instigates a lot of intellectual thinking and creativity, brings people together, and exorcises a lot of problems for people. That's what prophecy is, creativity and spreading ideas. Whether he's a good or bad prophet is open to interpretation. I think he's done the world a lot of good, while people can argue his influence could negatively impact youth etc. I see his influence as essential, being the scapegoat of our generation. He is a symbol of rebellion and I like his image and defiance in the face of ignorance and adversity. I still listen to a lot of the older music too. I can't claim to understand all the symbolism because a lot of it is way over my head. I still enjoy it and I enjoy the catharsis it gives me. To be able to express hate and pain and rage, things that no one wants to talk about while exposing yourself to the world is the skill of people who are able to change things and who aren't afraid to.

Anyways screw ya'll I like the music.

brian219
11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
That's what prophecy is, creativity and spreading ideas.

No.

Bryson18
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
No.

Hey Brian, have you found any other proof that Manson is not of this world?

brian219
11-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Hey Brian, have you found any other proof that Manson is not of this world?

Oh, but he is of this world. The sea that the beast rises from is mankind. It's a very important distinction to make because the goal of the beast is to damn mankind by representing mankind. "I am you." "This is what you should fear. You are what you should fear." "I am your shit. You should be ashamed of what you have eaten." The entire point is to piss off God so that He will come and judge humanity. It's kind of like talking someone into getting really drunk the night before a big test just because you want to see them fuck up. "I'm on my way down now. I'd like to take you with me."

"Its my duty to be as ugly and as filthy as I am, so the audience can experience what I have."

"I was never afraid of what was under the bed. I wanted it but never got it. I became it."

"I believe nothing happens by accident. My fame has happened for a reason. My fans are my kindred spirits in revolution. If anyone chooses to ignore the message or the messenger, they do so at their own risk. Believe it or not, there are many more people out there that understand what I am trying to do than society wants to admit. The way I live my life represents a much bigger part of America than anyone would care to imagine."

"There's a lot of talk in some of the other versions of the Bible, the Hebrew versions, and things about the end of the world not being a punishment from God, but being an invitation from mankind. That mankind has to invite its own destruction. And I think that's very true, and it's almost very American. I think that's the type of society we're in and it's people's very fear of the Antichrist that has created it."

"We don't seek death. We seek destruction."

Death is merely of the body and is experienced by everyone. Destruction is of the soul.

"And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand."

Doom Juan
11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I noticed a "connection" awhile ago, between the triptych and well...our past/present/future.

Manson has said the story is reverse, so we start with Holy Wood.

For us Holy Wood would start the year it was released 2000, becoming more evident the morning of 9/11 - "Lamb of God"

"They orchestrated dramatic new scenes
for Celebritarian™ needs.".

One doesn't have to buy into conspiracy theories to know after that date, America, it's citizens, Government, it all changed to something right out of the album. Just look to the events proceeding, the "Target Audience" who blindly followed their "President Dead" singing their "Death Song".

As time went on it became evident to some that they were/are just "Stars on your/their burning flag" which could lead to "The Apple of Discord" and perhaps "King Kill 33."

Holy Wood and Mechanical Animals meld together, "When one world ends something else begins", and brings us close to our current date...this "Great Big White World". Technology slowly heralded our evilution into the digital, cold, cynical "Mechanical Animals/New Models" we are becoming.

Prophet?

A prophet who tells one nothing!

Marilyn Manson's work prophecies NOTHING!

loftvoker
11-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Prophet?

A prophet who tells one nothing!

Marilyn Manson's work prophecies NOTHING!

Correct. Those that interpret Manson's work so literally are as naive as those that interpret the Bible or Nostradamus writings as legit prophecies. Most of these individuals have an unhealthy infatuation with a former MTV star on TRL.

brian219
11-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Nah, he really does dream the future, guys.

BlueEyeLens
07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Nah, he really does dream the future, guys.

So do I. I actually remember one that felt very real, it happened at some time before Manson started his BV album project.
I saw his face, it was dark, he was just sitting there, white face, black around his eyes, the light was so dim, when I arrived to his presence in the "dream", I attempted to nudge him, and I did, I motioned to him, and I said "GO."
He looked right at me and got up and then the dream vanished.

I woke up feeling really flushed, like I was drained of my energy from R.E.M. sleep.

Lately I've realized I have abilities with my mind while being awake or asleep. I know what you'll be thinking when you read this post.

All I can tell you is this: Believe it.

Shangri-LIE
07-13-2013, 05:35 AM
"Easy Money" - Manson watched the movie and used the "Smooth Operetta" version of Fleurs du mal before it was even an idea yet, then traveled back into the future and now uses it as the intro to Angel With the Scabbed Wings. After all, it is a movie about urban youth violence, heavy drug use and "crop failure". Makes sense.

Alterkaker66
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Chicken or the egg, egg or the chicken, damn just choke the chicken......Isn't there some sort of truism that says a prophet is not recognized in his own time? Of course, you have to take as fact that time is linear.....or is everything happening right now and most people aren't equipped to see it? Just wandering....in circles.

Shangri-LIE
07-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Time is a spiral and we're on its watch list.

OmegasTits
07-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Threads like these freak me out, because while I know that the concept of prophets and predictions are total bullshit, each album he has released somehow correlates to myself during the time it was produced and sold. Once in a while, after working third shifts and being extremely deprived of sleep, I'll finally crash and I'll be out for nearly 14 hours (my partner has kept track). During these dreams, the colors are so vivid. All my my memories, my likes, dislikes, all come together to create my own world, an apparition of myself. Every time this happens, MM has always been there in them. It freaks me the fuck out, because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have turned my life around and escaped from religion. I don't know who I would be if I hadn't decided to break the rules of my parents house and sneak Holywood into my room. If there was anything that I could claim to being close to supernatural, it would have to be MM himself.

Angel of Sorrow
08-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Interesting thread... I can't really contribute to it right now, as I'm too new to MM, but maybe I will later. One thing I will say is... A prophet? Hmmm... that's questionable, but my gut says no. I do think he is extremely intelligent (go class of '87! lol j/k)... maybe not necessarily as book smart as more human nature/spirituality smart. He's having a big impact on me right now though...in a good way strangely. His music really speaks to me and I'm not even sure how to explain it. I was up at 3:00 a.m. this morning listening to "Running to the Edge of the World" and it made me cry but at the same time was very soothing and peaceful to me... it was odd.