PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

HeartShapedAsses
10-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes I may be mortifying myself as a stereo type, Class A nerd in posting this. That may or may not be far from the truth. However, I think there may be some fellow Trekkies here who just haven't said so yet. Considering the critical thinking level of this forum its very possible, as even though the show(s) are often cheesy, it tends to attract a brainy crow. B-) -If so, which Star Trek do you like and what's your favorite film?

All generations welcome!

Personally I love TNG as that's the one I grew up with, but I also love TOST just as much.

http://www.blam1.com/startrek/images/StarTrekLDMenu.jpg

Hazekiah
10-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Personally, I happen to think "Star Trek: Enterprise" was the best of the bunch. And I'd take ST:E Season 5 over the reboot/sequel-prequel movies ANY day but I LOVED the fresh start and can't WAIT for Star Trek into Darkness. But still...ST:E got off to a slow start and needed some time to find its footing but Seasons 3 & 4 were pretty much the greatest things ever. At least there's still the expanded media novels, I guess. :'(

Hazekiah
10-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Personally, I happen to think "Star Trek: Enterprise" was the best of the bunch. And I'd take ST:E Season 5 over the reboot/sequel-prequel movies ANY day but I LOVED the fresh start and can't WAIT for Star Trek into Darkness. But still...ST:E got off to a slow start and needed some time to find its footing but Seasons 3 & 4 were pretty much the greatest things ever. At least there's still the expanded media novels, I guess. :'(

Norsefire
05-15-2013, 08:26 AM
BUMP!

Saw Star Trek Into Darkness yesterday. I went for the 3D option and it was quite cool I also got a free pair of 3D glasses with the Star Trek logo on the sides. :D

Anyway as I've said before I'm not really a fan of all the past Star Trek films or TV series. I've watch some of the films and the TV series but it never really interested me that much. But the 2009 Star Trek film was great, so that made me a fan of Star Trek... the new films anyway.

Star Trek Into Darkness was brilliant! Really enjoyed the story to it, I like the humour of it with Kirk and Spock, and Spock and Uhura. I find Spock funny anyway, and without spoiling the film, the part where he actually does show some emotion was great. Although the outcome of that situation was very predictable, but I enjoyed the ending anyway.

I actually avoided reading anything about the film, and avoided the trailers even though when I went to watch Iron Man 3 they played a trailer and I had to watch it. But still I went into this film not really knowing anything about it, and it's rare I do that, but I enjoyed just watching it play out. And actually from watching that trailer, I expected something to happen towards the end of the film but it didn't. I'm not a Star Trek expert, but I think the trailer was cut in a clever way to make it look like something happens when it doesn't.

I really hope they all come together again and create a third film.

Dronepool
05-15-2013, 09:31 AM
I was never a fan of Star Wars or Star Trek, but the 2009 movie was good and this new one looks good.

Norsefire
05-15-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm a big fan of Star Wars and Star Gate, so people assume I must be a Star Trek fan too. Which I never was, until these new films were made. Maybe one day I might go back and watch some older Star Trek stuff again, but right now I have no intention to do so.

Dellamore
05-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Obviously i'm pretty excited.

iggy
05-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Not too excited to see them fuck up Khan. Skipping this one.

Atom
05-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Hopefully they get someone else to play Anakin.