PDA

View Full Version : Disassociative music video

MrBlackdarkness666
10-29-2012, 03:45 AM
I made another video, was fun to explore after effects, too bad my blue screen sucks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPtnrv1YlQ

10-29-2012, 03:46 AM
"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
So, no video for Germany.

MrBlackdarkness666
10-29-2012, 04:15 AM
sorry Germany :(

Adonai
10-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Wow, great effort I think. It sure takes a dedicated fan to do something like this; It made me smile a little.

Looking for critique? I assume so since you put it on here. Maybe not? Perhaps this video was just for play? I am going to criticize anyway, for fun and because I am ultra bored at the moment.

First, hats off to you for having the balls to post something like this on these forums and putting your face in the bee hive. You said "another video" so I assume you have another one floating around here? What a wonderful fan you are! Secondly, I think it's awesome you filmed most of it yourself. You came up with scenes, costumes, props, etc. Is that your friend? Brother? Boyfriend? Some bum you met on the street?

At first I started to take this video too seriously I think. It being a Marilyn Manson song and all, I was expecting something really dark, depressing, drugged out, and evil. Then we get to the flying pencil (yeah I know it's supposed to be a spaceship) and Halloween aliens and all seriousness was thrown out the window, it began to feel like some extremely low budget version of a mid career Michael Jackson video or something. I think it's great that you are exploring and experimenting with effects and programs and such, I just think I would rather have settled for something less gaudy and ostentatious. I think it is possible to accomplish that on little to no budget.

No offense intended though! I think you really put your little black heart into it. Good effort, you're a great fan, and next time try and be more dark, drugged out, and evil and less "Kevin Smith" or something about it.

thatrussianman
10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Dat rocket
Dem goggles

MrBlackdarkness666
10-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks Adonai for the awesome comment and critique! This video was indeed kinda playing and messing around, it only took me 3 days to make it. It would be awesome to do something bigger and more dark like you said but than i would probably need more time and people to help me and more skill in after effects and stuff. This video was more like letting of some steam from my busy life lol, and I did make a more dark/serious vid before with "I put a spell on you" (here (http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/4309-I-Put-A-Spell-On-You) is the thread if you're interested). I liked your critique, always helpful and the next one will be more dark, depressing and drugged out and less Kevin Smith :P