PDA

View Full Version : Audition

kalim123
10-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Has anyone else seen this film? I thought it was more disgusting than the exorcist. If you haven't then don't read the following because I'll end up spoiling it all for you, but go and watch it if you dare.Everyone says that it's overrated along with the rest of Takashi Miike's films, but if you were to tell me you didn't want to look away immediately at certain parts then you must be one sick person. If you agree with me on the fact that it's vile, yet you still did not enjoy it then ultimately Miike's mission is accomplished. He wants people to be grossed out & scared, just like any other horror movie director. It's so real in the sense that you could actually meet someone this messed up and think that he or she is a great person, only to wake up and find that he or she is sticking needles in your eyes and was heated prong-fucked by their disabled ballet teacher. WTF?! By the way, unless you don't know anything about this film while watching it than your basically waiting for that torture scene with the big needle, but I thought the scene where she was dancing and then he stuck the prongs you know where was the vile part. And the vomit eating part.

DecayingSinner
10-30-2012, 07:17 AM
This movie has been discussed more times than I can count. It was decent, yet over rated and not as gory as it is made out to be.

10-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I thought it was a pretty great film. Takashi Miike is great film director and has done one of my favorite films - Visitor Q, which is about the blackest comedy I have ever seen.

Bryson18
10-30-2012, 12:36 PM
This is in my top 5 favorite movies ever. and that is saying something, I work at a movie theater and I watch every single movie that comes out. This movie is GREAT!

MisanthroPope
10-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I recall some really creepy moments that were very effective but I was bored to death. Still, not a bad movie at all.

I thought it was a pretty great film. Takashi Miike is great film director and has done one of my favorite films - Visitor Q, which is about the blackest comedy I have ever seen.

LOVE Visitor Q!

Hazekiah
10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
When this movie came out I had a close buddy who just LOVED confections, asian women, and shooting up. So I tried to get a picture cake of the asian needle-girl made for him on his birthday at like 10 different cake-making business and they all took one look at my Film Comment clipping and were like YEAHNO, lol. I told him later and he said it was one of the greatest disappointments of his adult life. :'(

adamchabbi6
11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I only watched it once and I have it on dvd. It only got interesting around the middle to the end of the film, as the first half was quite boring in my opinion. Even though the start was sad to see that the guy lost his mum and the father looking for a new woman in his life.

I preferred Ichi the Killer by Takashi Miike, which was a lot more fun in my opinion and great gore sequences.

SangreV
11-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I enjoyed it but I didn't find anything about to be shocking or disgusting.

Adonai
11-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Only saw it once and thought it was boring.