PDA

View Full Version : lyrics by me.

11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello. I write the majority of my bands songs, so I figured I'd post some lyrics I'm working on. This ones called "quick to jump"

You want a saviour?
Return the favour.
Remember who I am,
I am your creator.
I can't leave you.
A broken few
To fight a war with no hope.

I won't leave the ground, when I stand on my feet.
I won't wear your crown, for the pain that it brings.
Can't answer your prayers when you're down on your knees.
I won't be your God, unless you're worshipping me.

crazybitch
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I like it, although it could say more. I'd actually like to know the background to this poem. Is the second to last line intentional because if it does it seems to make sense, that a true God wouldn't want someone on their knees but to be seen as an equal. as One, not a slave or cog in the wheel. Then again, worship does seem contradictory to that, unless you mean worship as in respect, in that case I'd write honor not worship. It spoke to me a lot in the first part, and it lost me a bit toward the end.

AssetReign
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
I like it but the last two lines are somewhat contradictory, unless maybe that's supposed to be the point.

11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the responses. My idea for this is a story of a normal person, being held above everyone else, to save people who are in trouble for whatever reason, but who cannot save themselves. They look for a hero, treat him as a God, which the hero feeds upon, but in reality, they're only human, and "cant answer their prayers", so the people turn their backs on their new God. And sometimes, all that makes someone a God, is when they are worshipped. I have my own specific inspiration behind it, but I don't like to explain it in black and white, but I hope that makes a bit more sense, especially with the last two lines