PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cruel World ... Tour [115]: Jan 25 2013 - The Oakdale Theatre - Wallingford, CT

Cringeon
11-23-2012, 08:12 PM
25 January 2013
Venue: The Oakdale Theatre

wwwOakdale.com
(http://oakdale.com/event/1D0049709F4B61B8)
Tickets on Sale - Fri 11/30/12 via Ticketmaster.com

Members Attending:

FeedYourHead
Tater
Lillith
May Gunn
Flowers4aleusha

FeedYourHead
11-23-2012, 08:20 PM
lol, in case anyone had any doubts, i'll be there.

Tater
11-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Aw yizz. Obviously attending.

FeedYourHead
11-23-2012, 10:06 PM
For those who live in CT: http://m.wplr.com/news/entertainment/contests/win-maryilyn-manson-tickets/nTCQF/

Manson101
11-24-2012, 08:02 AM
so i guess it's appropriate to say were getting more manson this winter! can't wait for more dates..

Lillith
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes, anyone have an idea of ticket prices?

FeedYourHead
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
It's on ticketmaster. I think it said $52

Lillith
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Ahh thanks, not to bad. I only had my ipod touch for the last couple of days and couldn't check.

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Anyone know if these shows will have VIP packages too? Not that I'll be disappointed if it doesn't- never thought I'd be able to see Manson 3 times within a year!

FeedYourHead
11-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Presale Tomorrow!

Lillith
11-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Any idea what the time/password is for the presale?

FeedYourHead
11-28-2012, 05:32 PM
10am tomorrow. It's a livenation presale so you don't need a password, just do it through the app on a smartphone. If you don't have a smart phone, one of the passwords I posted in the Ohio threads should also work.

Lillith
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
10am tomorrow. It's a livenation presale so you don't need a password, just do it through the app on a smartphone. If you don't have a smart phone, one of the passwords I posted in the Ohio threads should also work.

Awesome! Thank You!

May Gunn
12-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Attending!

Flowers4aleusha
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
I'll be there!

Manson101
12-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Going.

Manson101
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
since it is BEFORE the show this time the meet and greet... it would be awesome if he was in his make up

TheTeletubbieFlasher
01-07-2013, 07:42 AM
and no underwear............

Manson101
01-25-2013, 06:25 AM
ugh not lookin gforward to this 4 hour drive.. just want to get there!!

NapalmHeart
01-26-2013, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ucQzsy3Hw

Heather Quick
01-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Slo-Mo-Tion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhm8h5dEriw

Coma White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XFelXTb6wI

King Kill 33/Antichrist Superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia-qucHmAqw

Tater
01-26-2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLFFCIYhmgQ
My vid. Ossom humping @ 3:31.

Hazekiah
01-28-2013, 12:14 AM
DUMBASS phone. BADASS show. KICKASS HD evidence forthcoming.

Norsefire
01-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Here's a fantastic review of the show!

Copy below, but photo's in the link: http://www.examiner.com/review/marilyn-manson-resurrects-evil-at-the-oakdale-theatre-2

Marilyn Manson resurrects evil at the Oakdale Theatre
CONCERT REVIEW BY ELLIOTJANUARY 28, 2013

You know you’ve just left a Marilyn Manson concert when you exit the venue and there’s already an ambulance and fire truck on scene.

The Antichrist Superstar arose in southern Connecticut on Friday night, whipping local metalheads into a diabolical frenzy as he and the up-and-coming ‘slut metal’ Butcher Babies presided over an evening of raw heavy metal vehemence.

View slideshow: Marilyn Manson & The Butcher Babies at Oakdale Theatre
Years after Marilyn Manson became a household name, his legendary shows are still enough of a draw that not even freezing snow and icy roads could stop Connecticut fans from lining up outside the Oakdale Theatre, an innocent-looking venue off the I-95 corridor. While well over an hour away from New York City, those of us who drove up for the show were rewarded with a night of extreme metal and Manson’s trademark showmanship.

First up, however, were the Butcher Babies, the Playmate-fronted band rapidly making a name for themselves with their high energy shows and unabashed sexuality. The busty, leather-clad Heidi and Carla are captivating on stage, roaring and growling their vocals over thrashing riffs laid down by the three man band behind them. Fans sang along to their first single, Mr. Slowdeath, as both girls marched, grinded and jumped across the stage, striking larger-than-life poses as they brought the crowd to life with their mixture of melodic verse-trading and all-out death metal shrieking.

Their final song kickstarted a mosh pit in the center of the floor with its hardcore riffs, one that would prove to be the best pit of the night, and despite the crowd’s unfamiliarity with the music, there’s no question that the Butcher Babies are on the fast track to metal stardom with their winning formula of sexy grindcore. (See more pictures and read about the Butcher Babies’ summer show at Webster Hall here.)

But even a strong opening set was nothing compared to the Marilyn Manson experience. Heavy metal’s favorite villain has atoned for a multi-year absence with almost a year of straight touring, hitting the outer markets last year (read about his first show at the Paramount Theater in Long Island here) before hitting the big cities with Rob Zombie, and is now swinging around again to further cement his 20 year legacy.

Opening up with new song Hey Cruel World, the glowering singer threw himself into a whirlwind of swirling distortion with dramatic screams and wails, clutching a microphone adorned with brass knuckles. Manson’s newest record, Born Villain, is a deep exploration of psychological trauma and bubbling violence, and his on-stage presence radiated that pathos across the sea of black-wearing, spike-wielding worshippers.

Front row fans could practically feel the spit and spray as Manson cavorted around, howling through fan favorite Disposable Teens before donning a Pope-like outfit for the Love Song. While recent tragic events in Connecticut might have prompted fears of this tour stop’s cancellation, the local crowd had no problem screaming out for “guns, gods and government!”

There was also a strong response to new songs No Reflection and Slo-Mo-Tion, the latter of which has become one of this Examiner’s favorites. Fans seemed to know every word, and sang along as Manson drew out the very end of Slo-Mo-Tion in his typical exhorting fashion.

But the best reactions of the night came for old favorites like The Dope Show, Rock Is Dead and Sweet Dreams, which were delivered in all their violent glory and punctuated with blasts of confetti over the crowd. The end of Sweet Dreams saw Manson abusing his band on stage as they tore through the guitar solo and outro, playing even as they were forced to their knees and dragged around by their depraved leader.

Like his last few tours, Manson included the softer Coma White, singing the darkly gentle ballad under a shower of falling snow that mimicked the weather outdoors. Despite all the violent imagery and buzzsaw guitar riffs, Manson is often at his best when exploring his softer side, and the five minutes of Coma White were among the most moving of the night.

It was only a brief respite, though, as the show finished with the triple hit combination of Antichrist Superstar, The Beautiful People, and Irresponsible Hate Anthem. The feverish bible-shredding, hate-spewing Manson was right on his game as he ranted and screamed atop a podium, and while a full-fledged mosh pit never quite broke out, that didn’t stop the wildest fans from stomping and smashing around the floor until the very last blast of raging music.

The Marilyn Manson of 2013 has become a very different performer from the media-demonized frontman of the ‘90s, but while his music and show have evolved, he remains as captivating as ever. His inner artist has emerged with more thought-provoking lyrics and exchanged raw nihilism for subtle provocativeness, yet without sacrificing his vicious heavy metal edge. And Friday night’s performance proved that when it comes to the older material, the God of F*ck hasn’t lost a single sadistic vitriolic step.

Now that Manson has gotten back into the full groove of writing and touring, one can only hope that this cycle continues for at least a few more tours. And right behind him are the young, hungry and smoking hot Butcher Babies, who fans will get to see again this summer on a yet-to-be-announced tour that will come as no real surprise to metalheads around the country.

Brace yourself America, Marilyn Manson is back and he's ready to kick your ass.

euphorious
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Im looking for some help ... i was front row at this concert and i caught the stabbed beer can ... does anyone on here have a damn pic of him stabbing the friggen thing or the video of right before no reflection when he does it???? ive been everywhere..

Tater
02-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Im looking for some help ... i was front row at this concert and i caught the stabbed beer can ... does anyone on here have a damn pic of him stabbing the friggen thing or the video of right before no reflection when he does it???? ive been everywhere..
I do! :P It's one of my more lackluster videos from the concert so I didn't upload it but since you can't find one I'll put it on youtube and post it here for ya! ^___^

EDIT: Here we go! Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/PEbpL-EJ1OY

Hazekiah
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
MARILYN MANSON
live in Wallingford, CT
1/25/13

PART ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrv_umsi-s

PART TWO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZRUa4PdJ8

SUSPIRIA/MACBETH INTRO
HEY, CRUEL WORLD
DISPOSABLE TEENS
THE LOVE SONG
PSYCHO KILLER/NO REFLECTION
mOBSCENE
HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN/THE DOPE SHOW
SLO-MO-TION
ROCK IS DEAD
PERSONAL JESUS
SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS)
COMA WHITE
KING KILL 33/ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR
THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
IRRESPONSIBLE HATE ANTHEM

Norsefire
02-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Awesome as always HAZ!
Just had a quick flick through and it's great! Can't wait to sit down and watch this later.

Love the Psycho Killer intro to No Reflection!
It also has Irresponsible Hate Anthem on at the end!

divikernes
02-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Ho Ho nice, my evening is ready.

Cringeon
02-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Amazing video Haz! Your new camera really ups the quality on your shoots :D

Adonai
02-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for sharing those great videos, Hazekiah.

As far as the show goes, the last half of it was alright.

Hazekiah
02-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Much obliged! I actually thought the whole show was pretty strong, though...especially considering that you can tell Manson was officially starting to get sick at this show.

He's gone pretty much the whole tour this past year without blowing his voice out but if you compare this show to the ones before you can tell right away that his voice was quite rough all of a sudden. Which makes the fact that he didn't seem to be holding back much and still sounded great all the more impressive!

Awesome as always HAZ!
Just had a quick flick through and it's great! Can't wait to sit down and watch this later.

Love the Psycho Killer intro to No Reflection!
It also has Irresponsible Hate Anthem on at the end!

Thanks for adding that, btw! I've been SUPER busy getting ready to get back on the road and was just posting from memory without actually double-checking the setlist first.

And HELL, YEAH...I just LOVE that Manson's been working in a bit of "Psycho Killer" as a lead-in to "No Reflection." Perfect choice! And of course I love that some people thought it was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" instead too, lol.

Ho Ho nice, my evening is ready.

Enjoy!

Amazing video Haz! Your new camera really ups the quality on your shoots :D

Yeah, I've been wanting to go Hi-Def for a long while now. I always thought it was annoying that no one would use my NIN footage on their multi-angle fan-edits since they wanted them to be 100% HD. Personally, I'd rather see well-shot footage that's a little lower-res than a static angle from a billion feet away in HD but w/e.

I don't think this is really the right camera for me, though. I just bought it on the road in a pinch when my old cam died along the way and decided to keep it since it's great for what it is, but the zoom being digital instead of optical really bugs me...all it does is blow up the pixels instead of actually zooming! WTF's the point of filming in HD if the zoom sucks so bad that it just destroys the resolution? Not to mention this $200 camera MADE for HD field recording runs on two AA batteries. Are you fucking kidding me? My goddamned $20 cellphone has a better battery than this thing! So it dies in about an hour-and-a-half. Ugh.

Anyway, the audio's great and as long as I'm close enough not to have to zoom then it's all good. Someday I'll get a REAL upgrade and buy an HD camcorder with an OPTICAL zoom but HOLY SHIT they're crazy expensive.

So in the meantime this was a good entry-level HD starter kit for the price and I can always use it for back-up audio and a second-angle later so I'm happy enough with it for now.

And sorry it's so shaky too but I was sick and filming with my arms up as high as I could reach the whole time so it was kinda tricky to even see what I was capturing. I've been thinking of using YT's stabilization effect to steady it a bit but as far as I can tell it seems to make the zoomed-in resolution even worse than it already is, with a cumulative result something along the lines of watching a show through cataracts, lol. So maybe later.

Glad to hear all the good feedback, though! I'm just being my own worst critic and kinda annoyed with the equipment's limitations but I'll still watch the hell out of this bootleg and I love my new toy anyway.

Thanks again, guys! Plenty more and better to come.

:)

Norsefire
02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I've been thinking of using YT's stabilization effect

Don't do it Haz!
I accidently did it to one of the videos I uploaded, not only did it take about 2 hrs to upload the fucker, I applied the stabilization and all it did was blur the fuck out of the video! So instead of the camera jerking when you move, it just blurs it all so it's like you're drunk or something and wrecks it. I'm never using YT effects again.

Hazekiah
02-11-2013, 07:25 PM
I mean, I've done it before...specifically for my video of Manson with The Doors. Sometime's it's superawesome but then that video was EXREMELY shakey sometimes so it kinda looked EXTRA cool and woozy and drugged out when it blurred in different directions to compensate, but then it was Manson with The Doors so it probably worked better for that than anything else, lol.

Don't worry, though. I won't use it until one of my new videos is clear but shakey enough that YT's stabilization effect HELPS people read the badass AIDS necktie you made for him!

I won't consider it tr00 Hi-Def until that's clear.

\m/

Hazekiah
02-11-2013, 07:28 PM
^ Gahhh, typo/word repitition I can't edit out on PM Mobile! D:

Hazekiah
12-22-2014, 10:03 PM
SUSPIRIA/MACBETH INTRO
HEY, CRUEL WORLD
DISPOSABLE TEENS
THE LOVE SONG
PSYCHO KILLER/NO REFLECTION
mOBSCENE
HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN/THE DOPE SHOW
SLO-MO-TION
ROCK IS DEAD
PERSONAL JESUS
SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS)
COMA WHITE
KING KILL 33/ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR
THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
IRRESPONSIBLE HATE ANTHEM

STABILIZED
MOTHERFUCKERS
\m/ -____- \m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5Yl_VI3K0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-4dCFPBV8

Don't do it Haz!
I accidently did it to one of the videos I uploaded, not only did it take about 2 hrs to upload the fucker, I applied the stabilization and all it did was blur the fuck out of the video! So instead of the camera jerking when you move, it just blurs it all so it's like you're drunk or something and wrecks it. I'm never using YT effects again.

WaitWAT...you don't LIKE that drunken-blur effect?!?

I FUCKING LIVE FOR THAT SHIT.

:D