PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cruel World ... Tour [116]: Jan 26 2013 - House of Blues - Boston, Massachusetts

Norsefire
11-25-2012, 09:01 AM
January 26, 2013
Venue: House of Blues

www.marilynmanson.com

Members Attending:

FeedYourHead
Tater
Lillith
TongueTwistingStorm

FeedYourHead
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
EDIT: I'm definitely going. Skipping Ohio.

Tater
11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
BLAH,Boston. Hate Boston shows usually but will still attend since nothing else is close enough outside of CT as of now. MOAR MANSON.

Lillith
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Mostly yes since, there is nothing remotely near me.

gunz
11-25-2012, 07:06 PM
BLAH,Boston. Hate Boston shows usually but will still attend since nothing else is close enough outside of CT as of now. MOAR MANSON.

Are Boston shows bad? As in audience shoving and all that jazz?

Tater
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Are Boston shows bad? As in audience shoving and all that jazz?

For shoving and brutality I've encountered the worst in Boston. One of the only shows I ever left was a Boston show but it did have slightly more rabid fans than Manson's general chill fanbase nowadays.

TongueTwistingStorm
11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!! Two more months and counting....

NapalmHeart
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
That's the second January 26 show in Boston for Manson!

http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/2008/01/26_Boston,_MA

FeedYourHead
11-26-2012, 06:38 AM
One of the only shows I ever left was a Boston show but it did have slightly more rabid fans than Manson's general chill fanbase nowadays.

As a New Yorker, I feel no guilt when I say that's because the majority of people in Boston suck SO. HARD. That place is just the worst.

FeedYourHead
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
YAY tickets are on sale Friday, November 30th. Same time as the CT show.

Lillith
11-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Fuuu. Just barely gonna have enough cash to cover both of those. Damned same day tickets.

FeedYourHead
11-28-2012, 01:52 AM
You know, I just realized these both go on sale before I even START working at that Etsy thing. And I have to pay rent in like a day.
Hm.
This could be problematic.

Norsefire
01-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Here's a chance to win tickets to this show!
http://markets-cache.livenation.com/teaparty/sweeps/hobsweeps.html

FeedYourHead
01-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Manson sang Row Row Your Boat instead of mobsene.

pflumtamas
01-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Disposable Teens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvQGLMRnDs

More: http://www.youtube.com/user/XplicitConcerts/videos?query=january+26

FeedYourHead
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm not joking. He sang Row Row Your Boat before starting mobscene, but he actually sang Row Row Your boat, whereas I think he got about two lyrics out during mobscene. Twiggy had this epic look on his face the whole time that was going on, it was like a mixture of "are you seriously fucking doing this right now" and "this is hilarious but don't blame me."
Manson had some trouble during TDS too but I think this is all because he's actually really sick. The band didn't even have an after party cause Manson wanted to get going cause he didn't feel great (btw, tragic.).

At one point he said something like "I hate bands that are named after cities, but I don't hate Boston!"
The crowd was actually really into it so that was nice.

No IHA. He could barely get through TBP. Again though, this is all probably because of how sick he was (of course it had nothing to do with the bright pink beverage he was sipping during the meet & greet). He kept asking stage hands for water.

Have they been using the DRUGS sign this leg, because they didn't last night, they did like a projection of the words over the christmas light backgroud thing they use for slo-mo-tion.

My only interaction with Twiggy was when he pointed at me an made eye contact during Personal Jesus. Sad.

Fred told me i'm the worst fan ever because i'm not going to any of the california shows. If anyone wants to start a charity to boost my self-esteem and help me get to california, I won't object.

NapalmHeart
01-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Someone on instagram said that Manson got so drunk that he needed his help to get on the bus and he kept puking everywhere... I've heard that Manson has the flu though.

Looks like another great show, Manson really doesn't lose his humor even when he's sick. I'm surprised there weren't any full blown AIDS speeches.

AssetReign
01-27-2013, 09:53 AM
I've heard that Manson has the flu though.

This.

Cringeon
01-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Bummer he's sick, flu has been going around like a mother fucker. I just got over my own, can't even imagine trying to sing with that shit. Looks like a fun show though, here's to a quick recovery.

FeedYourHead
01-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Tbh I didn't think it was a great show. And I'm always the first to defend Manson's live performances. I'm not blaming him because I know he was sick, and that's a hell of a lot better than I could've done when I had the flu so major props to him, but objectively speaking it kind of sucked because he really only sang about half of the songs all the way through. Twiggy and Fred looked kind of confused and sounded off a couple times because Manson was singing something else or not singing at all.

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Have they been using the DRUGS sign this leg, because they didn't last night, they did like a projection of the words over the christmas light backgroud thing they use for slo-mo-tion.

They used the same thing in Cleveland. Not the DRUGS sign, just the lights.

TongueTwistingStorm
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
He was definitely sick, there were some points where he looked like he wasn't going to make it... but I have massive respect for him, he managed to still put on a hell of a show. For me, it's all about the whole experience and this didn't disappoint one bit. Plus... Manson breaking out into Row Your Boat? Epic.

One of the highlights was getting to hear them soundcheck Four Rusted Horses - that made the night for me right there.

Heaven on earth is on the rail at a Marilyn Manson show... it would have been my grandmother's birthday, and I know she was rolling over in her grave at me celebrating it this way, but I also know she was smiling to see me so fucking happy again.

FeedYourHead
01-28-2013, 07:59 PM
^ where were you on the rail? You weren't by any chance with a guy named Ray, were you?

TongueTwistingStorm
01-29-2013, 01:37 AM
^ where were you on the rail? You weren't by any chance with a guy named Ray, were you?

I wasn't, I was off to the side of Twiggy. Wish I'd known you were going, it would have been great to meet up - I hate going to shows alone!

Lillith
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Great show, I defiantly got sick though. Oh and that laser glove was supposed to go to me.

AssetReign
01-30-2013, 10:29 AM
^ "Defiantly" sick seems so apropos. ;)

NapalmHeart
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Awesome, you caught Manson AIDS. Feel honored, that's not in everyone's VIP package.

FeedYourHead
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
we're all sick. could be from manson, could be because other people knowingly attended those shows with the flu. guess we'll never know.

Hazekiah
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Manson didn't sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" before "mOBSCENE," it was the "run, run, run, run away" part of the a cappella cover of "Psycho Killer" which he's otherwise been using as an introduction for "No Reflection" lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ6fjGS1lRg

NapalmHeart
02-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Manson didn't sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" before "mOBSCENE," it was the "run, run, run, run away" part of the a cappella cover of "Psycho Killer" which he's otherwise been using as an introduction for "No Reflection" lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ6fjGS1lRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEbpL-EJ1OY

TongueTwistingStorm
02-06-2013, 12:20 AM

"Row, Row, Row Your Boat" ... "Run, Run, Run Away" - parents, this is why you need to make an effort to appreciate your children's music. They WILL damage their hearing in the backseat of the car and their bedroom ... and have auditory processing issues as an adult.

Well, that was embarrassing.