PDA

View Full Version : Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Holy Night

M Tragedy666
12-06-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't believe anyone has posted about this but I am sorry if I missed it and if so, feel free to delete.

I only just now realized that the chorus of "Murderers..." has some clear references to the Christmas Carole "Oh Holy Night".

Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born-------Oh Holy Night

Fall on your knees!
I hear the horrid voices of someone else's angels----- Marilyn Manson

I really have no idea what he is talking about in this song. But if no one has ever caught this reference before, maybe someone else can expand on it and figure something out.

A Better Messiah
12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
He also claimed that he shocked himself from a Christmas tree for "Children of Cane", right?

We've finally gotten Manson's Christmas album!! :D

brian219
12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't believe anyone has posted about this but I am sorry if I missed it and if so, feel free to delete.

I only just now realized that the chorus of "Murderers..." has some clear references to the Christmas Carole "Oh Holy Night".

Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born-------Oh Holy Night

Fall on your knees!
I hear the horrid voices of someone else's angels----- Marilyn Manson

I really have no idea what he is talking about in this song. But if no one has ever caught this reference before, maybe someone else can expand on it and figure something out.

Awesome find.

So it's about the birth of the Antichrist as opposed the birth of Christ. Not surprising.

"...the night when Christ was BORN."

M Tragedy666
12-06-2012, 05:01 PM
...makes ya kind of wonder if there are any other unnoticed Christmas references in any of the other songs.... :P

brian219
12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
...makes ya kind of wonder if there are any other unnoticed Christmas references in any of the other songs.... :P

Maybe his "brand new camera equipped with a flash" was a present.

The Empirical Guy
12-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Guyz there were liek THREE Wise Men! Maybe it was Manson, Twiggy, and Pogo (from the back of ACSS) gone back using Pogo's time machine.

brian219
12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Guyz there were liek THREE Wise Men! Maybe it was Manson, Twiggy, and Pogo (from the back of ACSS) gone back using Pogo's time machine.

Pretty sure that if Pogo had a time machine he'd have ended up a lot better off than he did.

The Empirical Guy
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Lol. Well, it doesn't change the fact there were three wise men. So... yeah.

No really, cool point by OP though.

Sans Agendum
12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
"Fa La La La La La La La La" -Deck the Halls
"Uah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah" -No Reflection

AssetReign
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
http://youtu.be/_NIK3dzvj2M

M Tragedy666
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Lol, this thread turned into a joke so fast! I give you guys credit! But, it was a legitimate observation initially. Those ARE a reference to the damned xmas song. ...the fuck guys....the fuck.

Happy Kwanzaa.

AssetReign
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry. :) There's no question Manson's religious schooling had a powerful impact on him and his work. He's been weaving it throughout since (in) the beginning.

M Tragedy666
12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
^^ I know! It's all good! I find it quite entertaining actually. I wonder if he'll still have no reflection this christmas at 6am. We should arrange a Provider Module Xmas Carol group and knock on his door, singing for tips of absinthe and pussy.

AssetReign
12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
^^ I know! It's all good! I find it quite entertaining actually. I wonder if he'll still have no reflection this christmas at 6am. We should arrange a Provider Module Xmas Carol group and knock on his door, singing for tips of absinthe and pussy.

Showing up uninvited on his doorstep will only lead to bloodshed, but the visual is hilarious.

loftvoker
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Awesome find.

So it's about the birth of the Antichrist as opposed the birth of Christ. Not surprising.

"...the night when Christ was BORN."

Perhaps if you're into hogwash, but Manson isn't even close to the real anti-christ. The only "anti-christ" he's been close to is on an American scale, and that was 15 years ago in an MTV pop culture.

M Tragedy666
12-11-2012, 02:54 AM
loftvoker, I can't help but read your above statement and saying Bah Humbug!

Elizabeth Casto
12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I bet hed be in good humor about that. but i doubt hed share that pussy...jus sayin'.

brian219
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Perhaps if you're into hogwash, but Manson isn't even close to the real anti-christ. The only "anti-christ" he's been close to is on an American scale, and that was 15 years ago in an MTV pop culture.

Not the "real" Antichrist? That depends on what you'd expect from such a figure I guess. If you take a look at Revelation it's clear that the Beast that ends up being worshiped is not understood to be such a figure by those doing the worshiping. Therefore it's someone unexpected. A rockstar who comes out of the gate screaming about being an Antichrist figure, sets off right wing alarm bells all over the place, and then ends up hanging around for years and years without doing much of anything except gaining weight becomes the least likely candidate on the face of the planet. Exactly like the Antichrist would be.

It's a moot point in a way, since there is still one more head of the beast to surface: Lourdes Leon (http://voices.yahoo.com/5-reasons-why-lourdes-leon-awesome-7649622.html), the little horn born in 1996. It'll only be after the Advent of the seventh head that the Sixth will return as the Eighth, Abaddon the Disintegrator. Just as with Jesus, Manson's death will be the event that really kicks things off.

A pretty good portrait of Manson's second coming is painted in the Heart of the Master by Aleister Crowley (who, incidentally, was the third head):

I must be simple indeed! How did I fail for a moment to understand that Brocken-Spectres must be shadows cast by some Star, a Sun, upon sun-lifted vapours—that all these diverse shapes of madness are but distortions of one form upon the mountain-crest, a solitary shadow—the shadow of a Man!

But my heart answered me, mysteriously, yet so that it availed me to understand it; "He riseth not nor sets! He goeth shining on His way, and before Him the Earth reeleth in the rhythm of her Bacchanal dance!"
Then I knew also this: all these poor dead men that lay about me had been slain by their own fear, their fault of faith in deeming that the Sun—or any Star—could die.
And now I, who had only felt the fear of that figure, feel the fascination.
I understand that He—whoever, whatever He may be—is He for whom we all so long had waited.

http://cs12575.userapi.com/u17636245/video/l_f34a38a2.jpg

Now you'll see your star.

loftvoker
12-12-2012, 07:27 PM
loftvoker, I can't help but read your above statement whilst imagining Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop saying the line, "I'm da party pooopa"

I like to keep it real. I'm sorry for ruining your illusion.

AssetReign
12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Brian, sometimes when reading your always over-the-top posts, I have to wonder if you've reenacted Sodomy Creek once too often in the backwoods of Tennessee.

loftvoker
12-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Not the "real" Antichrist? That depends on what you'd expect from such a figure I guess. If you take a look at Revelation it's clear that the Beast that ends up being worshiped is not understood to be such a figure by those doing the worshiping. Therefore it's someone unexpected. A rockstar who comes out of the gate screaming about being an Antichrist figure, sets off right wing alarm bells all over the place, and then ends up hanging around for years and years without doing much of anything except gaining weight becomes the least likely candidate on the face of the planet. Exactly like the Antichrist would be.

It's a moot point in a way, since there is still one more head of the beast to surface: Lourdes Leon (http://voices.yahoo.com/5-reasons-why-lourdes-leon-awesome-7649622.html), the little horn born in 1996. It'll only be after the Advent of the seventh head that the Sixth will return as the Eighth, Abaddon the Disintegrator. Just as with Jesus, Manson's death will be the event that really kicks things off.

A pretty good portrait of Manson's second coming is painted in the Heart of the Master by Aleister Crowley (who, incidentally, was the third head):

http://cs12575.userapi.com/u17636245/video/l_f34a38a2.jpg

Now you'll see your star.

You and I see Antichrist very differently. I'm looking beyond religion, but a new face for mankind to turn to. Marilyn Manson was a pop icon on TRL and not close to being anything Crowley was. Crowley will be remembered in 100 years - Manson will not. Manson will not be even close to being remembered as Elvis or The Beatles in just music alone, much less a revolutionary figure, so let's drop the facade.

brian219
12-13-2012, 02:59 AM
You and I see Antichrist very differently. I'm looking beyond religion, but a new face for mankind to turn to. Marilyn Manson was a pop icon on TRL and not close to being anything Crowley was. Crowley will be remembered in 100 years - Manson will not. Manson will not be even close to being remembered as Elvis or The Beatles in just music alone, much less a revolutionary figure, so let's drop the facade.

The way I see it, this persona is Wormwood's incarnation where he isn't really trying to accomplish anything all that major with his public persona, except maybe have a laugh about being rather up front about who he is and having no one believe it. You're right that Crowley did accomplish much in his era, as did Shakespeare in his, but Manson is accomplishing quite a bit, albeit behind the scenes. Many world leaders and almost all of the entertainment industry kneel to him and kiss that ring of his when no one's around. Certain members of this board know the score, as well, although they pretend to play atheist rather than admit that they serve a dark overlord.

Besides his being little baby Antimessiah, Christmas is something Manson would latch onto somewhat since it's a holiday to serve Baal, the ancient Canaanite Bull God. Baal was worshiped as the Solar Bull originally, so in the Winter to help the Sun, who was perceived to be weak in the Winter due to the shorter days and the cold, fires were lit and evergreen trees were set up because they were believed to be magic since they didn't get all shriveled like regular trees did in the Winter.

Baal's symbol was the cross because it symbolized the Sun's rays and was a Tau or letter "T" as in Tammuz, the reborn Baal. Sunday was the day that he was to be worshiped. For obvious reasons. Manson developed an affinity for the Bull while at Christian school, due to his mistreatment at their hands and their obvious hypocrisy. His bull-like rage embodied the spirit so well that it called the star Wormwood down to him and he was reborn.

Baal was eventually displaced as the Sun god and shifted to being the slain god of the Underworld, associated with the crescent moon which resembles bull horns. This probably coincides with Satan being outcast and his replacing Baal as the head of the pantheon.

But as obviously Pagan as most so-called Christian traditions are, I find it's not so much that Manson is ripping off these Christmas carols as they were already about him in the first place.

spaceSuicide
12-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Grasping at straws for meanings and references.

M Tragedy666
12-13-2012, 10:41 AM
I absolutely disagree that Manson will not be remembered in 100 years. He was the face of a generation. When you think of 90s hard rock music, the 2 names that come to mind for their memorability are Kurt Cobain and Marilyn Manson.

That's on shock and "persona" alone. But it also happens that he is an incredible artist, lyricist, and makes some very brilliant music. It's unfortunate he's not more respected among intellectuals, as he still has more intelligent and thought provoking music and art than damn near anyone else out there. He's the stuff of legend, and this is not even ass kissing.

Also, don't kid yourselves in thinking that Crowley is so very popular and his name will live through the ages. His name probably WILL live through the ages, but only as a cult-following and some history-of-mysticism buffs. You walk up to the average person on the street and they don't know who the hell Crowley is. They DO know who Manson is.

In fact, most people don't even bother giving Crowley credit. He was just a heroin addict bullshit writer. No truly academic scholar would give two shits about him.

In any case, I still enjoy Crowleys work, but that doesn't mean I believe.

Bah Humbug!

AssetReign
12-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Jesus Manson, Brian's fucking with you. That's what he does. Both Brians.

M Tragedy666
12-13-2012, 01:31 PM
who the hell is brian?

AssetReign
12-13-2012, 01:35 PM
^ What? Brian219. The poster you're all answering.

crazybitch
12-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Whatever. I went to Catholic school. I dropped out. Obviously MM did too.

Sans Agendum
12-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Whatever. I went to Catholic school. I dropped out. Obviously MM did too.

He went to a Christian school. He didn't 'drop out'. His parents transferred him to another school.

AssetReign
12-14-2012, 10:19 AM
^ Just for clarification, Catholics are Christian. Heritage Christian School is nondenominational.

Sans Agendum
12-15-2012, 12:00 AM
The school he went to was a Christian school. Not a Catholic school. There is a difference. Catholics abide more by religious and ritual dogma that is instated by the Roman Catholic church where as Christian education is more rooted in Biblical studied and education in social networking and such. The school he went to is classified as a Christian School. Catholics are closer to pagans than Christians in a strange way. They follow more rituals and guilt traditions, where as Christians are more about forgiveness and relationship.

AssetReign
12-15-2012, 12:13 AM
If a church believes Christ is the Son of God, and follows the teachings of Christ, its denomination is Christian. Christianity is then broken down into different structures of dogma, hence the sub-classification of Baptist, Presbyterian, Cathoilc, etc.
*I really don't understand what you mean by "education in social networking" as it relates to parochial schools or the fundamentals of religious dogma.

Mugwump
12-15-2012, 09:38 AM
So, Manson DID go to a Catholic school?

I get so confused when anal-retentive dorks squabble over petty details in an attempt to feel intelligent and superior on the internet.

Sans Agendum
12-15-2012, 10:06 AM
*I really don't understand.
No shit. Catholicism isn't Christianity. The Catholics are the ones saying Hail Mary's and praying to idolic religious figures in the Roman Catholic church where the Pope wears a dress and a hat shaped like a fish head. Christians don't have much to do with any of that so it isn't taught in their schools. Catholic schools also tend to have religious authorities in teaching positions, while Christian schools just have teachers who are also Christian.

I was only clearing up that it was a Christian school that he attended, not a Catholic one. I was speaking to Crazy Bitch. Not you. Not really worth arguing about. Any more about it contact me via PMs.

AssetReign
12-15-2012, 10:09 AM
So, Manson DID go to a Catholic school?

I get so confused when anal-retentive dorks squabble over petty details in an attempt to feel intelligent and superior on the internet.

Somehow I think the irony of your words flew right over your nagging old woman head. I don't know why you feel compelled to follow me around but I'm sure you have more pressing things to do, like shaving your body hair. Maybe you should just filter me, Llama.

Mugwump
12-15-2012, 10:51 AM
No shit. Catholicism isn't Christianity. The Catholics are the ones saying Hail Mary's and praying to idolic religious figures in the Roman Catholic church where the Pope wears a dress and a hat shaped like a fish head. Christians don't have much to do with any of that so it isn't taught in their schools. Catholic schools also tend to have religious authorities in teaching positions, while Christian schools just have teachers who are also Christian.

I was only clearing up that it was a Christian school that he attended, not a Catholic one. I was speaking to Crazy Bitch. Not you. Not really worth arguing about. Any more about it contact me via PMs.

AssetReign is just saying Catholics ARE Christians. Because we all didn't know that, but he did. We should be grateful that he's willing to spend every day here, making thousands of posts where he condescends and points out the obvious.

Please stop following me around and pointing out all of my BULLSHIT. Maybe you should just filter me, Llama.

You're right. My apologies. :)

M Tragedy666
12-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Catholicism is absolutely a branch of Christianity. I went to Catholic school for ten years. Now, sure, you'll have some christian groups arguing that Catholics are evil and they don't follow the bible and all that. But they have all the major things in common with other branches of Christianity. They also have a few of their own doctrine that some don't believe in. Who cares anyway? Doesn't make any of it true or right and everyone fights over petty issues anyway. Bottom line, YES they are christian.

brian219
12-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Weird. Are Mormons considered Christians, too?

M Tragedy666
12-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Generally speaking, I'd say Mormons are NOT considered Christian. Maybe because they divert from The Bible too much? Their Bible is the one written by Joseph Smith who they basically think is the greatest prophet ever and the founder of Mormonism....but, I will admit my naivety on the subject. What I just said may not even be true, but rather it might be propaganda I heard from many years of Catholicism.

Always, always, ALWAYS question everything! :)

brian219
12-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I thought the only difference with Mormons is that they believe that after the Gospel stuff Jesus came and taught the Indians. And that Jesus came from outer space and is competing with his brother Lucifer for control of Earth and that everyone that is chosen will get their own planet to be god of. Other than that it seems pretty much the same as other varieties.

It's pretty hard to consider Catholicism as straight Christianity with the prominence placed on Mary as the Queen of Heaven and the whole praying to saints thing. I know Catholics deny that it's pantheism, but it's ceremonial roots show direct links with the Catholic saints to corresponding Roman gods and goddesses, from the roles they play and how they are viewed down to them having the same feast days. Not to mention that the early Catholic statues and paintings were merely renamed art from the the pantheon days. That's how Jesus ended up with Zeus' beard. At it's core Catholicism is still just a version of the old Roman religion with just a dab of Christianity sprinkled in so everybody would get along and stop feeding people to lions and such. Any comparison of the practices of the early Christians and the practices dictated by the Catholic church show that they are far from the same and bear little similarity.

Christmas is another example of pagan ritual that remains in many institutions that developed from the Catholic church. Many, such as Martin Luther, tried to distill Catholic dogma down to a purer form of Christianity after recognizing the hybridization. They were mostly unsuccessful for the simple reason what they what they were starting with was not Christianity. You can't get orange juice from an apple no matter how hard you squeeze. Every major schism that's formed since Luther has suffered from that same fact, from Methodists to Baptist to Seventh Day Adventists. None have ever got all the Catholic out. For that reason I'd say that 99.9% or more of Christian denominations are not technically Christian, but are rather hybrids of Christianity and various Greco-Roman cults.

M Tragedy666
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm well aware of the pagan roots. But as far as Christianity goes..... It's my belief from what I've been taught and my own research, that really all it takes to be a christian is truly believing in Jesus Christ that he is the son of God and Savior. You have to love him and be truly sorry for your sins and repent. I believe that is the "core" of Christian theology.

Everything else is just doctrinal differences. Catholics believe in a purgatory, for example, that other branches of Christianity think is hogwash. In Catholicism, there seems to be a hierarchy of sins. Venial and Mortal. Venial would be "lesser" where as mortal would be more "severe". Like, maybe venial would be lying or stealing. Mortal would be like murder or rape. I don't know who makes up these bogus subjective rules?? lol. I mean, the Catholic Church of course, but....whatever. I digress. You only get salvation through Jesus, NOT saints. I don't know why they pray to saints or Mary. It's just a tradition, and they made up phony bullshit about each saint can grant different wishes (basically). Like, a saint that helped the sick, well, maybe if you pray to him when your ill you will get better. They may not actually cure you, but they act as messengers and give it to God and your magic wish will be more likely to come true that way? Lol. This nonsense is very hard to talk about and defend in any serious way. I'm trying my best.

Catholics believe the Bible is the true word of God. What other credentials do they need to be considered christian? It's the same damn core beliefs, they just add some extra crap that many other Christians disagree with and think that Catholics are sinners for praying to Mary and all that. But for the most part, it's still the same thing.

Mormons on the other hand have their own "book" that they believe is from God. I think to be a Christian, it's all about The Bible. And this Joseph Smith guy just created this new book to cash in on the gullible minds that tend to believe in any religion. No different from Heavens Gate, Wicca, or any other cult out there.

Of course this is all just my opinion, and you are free to disagree with it.

In your last paragraph, you discuss Christmas. I'm also well aware of it's pagan roots as a holiday. Yes Martin Luther tried to "distill Catholic dogma down to a purer form of Christianity". But really, is any of it pure? The whole goddamn religion just stole other bits and pieces of other religions throughout the world. The Bible is a compilation of plagiarized stories. The Epic of Gilgamesh, for example, was the real and first story of Noah's Ark. Then again, some Christians are so stuck in their ways they just see that as more evidence for the flood. As other proof of a non christian source that a world flood DID happen, and a man (regardless of his name i.e. Gilgamesh or Noah) DID build and ark and etc etc..

Look, they are all hybrids really. I don't know of any religion that didn't steal it's idea's from somewhere else.

Mormons are an evil cult by christian standards. An abomination of The "true" Holy Bible. A direct attempt at misinformation and lies. Satan's work. God and Satan are NOT brothers. They are NOT from outer space. Jesus did NOT come to USA and teach indians anything. The Bible says that God created Satan. ...I think I'm going to be sick discussing this much more. Hahaha. Umm. There are a lot of other non-biblical stuff that Mormons do. Mormons also believe in polygamy...another sin by christian standards. I mean, there is a whole list of reasons why they are not and should not be considered christains. They are considered "MORMONS" They follow the Book of Mormon.

As the starter of this thread, I just want to say that I am completely fine with this thread going grossly off topic. This is a much better discussion anyway. So for the mods or anyone watching. Don't worry about it. Continue as thou wilt.

brian219
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm well aware of the pagan roots. But as far as Christianity goes..... It's my belief from what I've been taught and my own research, that really all it takes to be a christian is truly believing in Jesus Christ that he is the son of God and Savior. You have to love him and be truly sorry for your sins and repent. I believe that is the "core" of Christian theology.

Everything else is just doctrinal differences. Catholics believe in a purgatory, for example, that other branches of Christianity think is hogwash. In Catholicism, there seems to be a hierarchy of sins. Venial and Mortal. Venial would be "lesser" where as mortal would be more "severe". Like, maybe venial would be lying or stealing. Mortal would be like murder or rape. I don't know who makes up these bogus subjective rules?? lol. I mean, the Catholic Church of course, but....whatever. I digress. You only get salvation through Jesus, NOT saints. I don't know why they pray to saints or Mary. It's just a tradition, and they made up phony bullshit about each saint can grant different wishes (basically). Like, a saint that helped the sick, well, maybe if you pray to him when your ill you will get better. They may not actually cure you, but they act as messengers and give it to God and your magic wish will be more likely to come true that way? Lol. This nonsense is very hard to talk about and defend in any serious way. I'm trying my best.

Catholics believe the Bible is the true word of God. What other credentials do they need to be considered christian? It's the same damn core beliefs, they just add some extra crap that many other Christians disagree with and think that Catholics are sinners for praying to Mary and all that. But for the most part, it's still the same thing.

Mormons on the other hand have their own "book" that they believe is from God. I think to be a Christian, it's all about The Bible. And this Joseph Smith guy just created this new book to cash in on the gullible minds that tend to believe in any religion. No different from Heavens Gate, Wicca, or any other cult out there.

Of course this is all just my opinion, and you are free to disagree with it.

In your last paragraph, you discuss Christmas. I'm also well aware of it's pagan roots as a holiday. Yes Martin Luther tried to "distill Catholic dogma down to a purer form of Christianity". But really, is any of it pure? The whole goddamn religion just stole other bits and pieces of other religions throughout the world. The Bible is a compilation of plagiarized stories. The Epic of Gilgamesh, for example, was the real and first story of Noah's Ark. Then again, some Christians are so stuck in their ways they just see that as more evidence for the flood. As other proof of a non christian source that a world flood DID happen, and a man (regardless of his name i.e. Gilgamesh or Noah) DID build and ark and etc etc..

Look, they are all hybrids really. I don't know of any religion that didn't steal it's idea's from somewhere else.

Mormons are an evil cult by christian standards. An abomination of The "true" Holy Bible. A direct attempt at misinformation and lies. Satan's work. God and Satan are NOT brothers. They are NOT from outer space. Jesus did NOT come to USA and teach indians anything. The Bible says that God created Satan. ...I think I'm going to be sick discussing this much more. Hahaha. Umm. There are a lot of other non-biblical stuff that Mormons do. Mormons also believe in polygamy...another sin by christian standards. I mean, there is a whole list of reasons why they are not and should not be considered christains. They are considered "MORMONS" They follow the Book of Mormon.

As the starter of this thread, I just want to say that I am completely fine with this thread going grossly off topic. This is a much better discussion anyway. So for the mods or anyone watching. Don't worry about it. Continue as thou wilt.

I get what you're saying, but I think allowing papal decrees and things like that to override their "Word of God," as you put it, is in no way different than having an extra-biblical book like the Book of Mormon. In both cases the highest doctrinal authorities are not the Judeo-Christian books. I don't see why the Book of Mormon being a bound volume with pages distinguishes LDS from Catholicism.

As far as the flood thing goes I don't get too hung up on all that since both ends of those debates end up defying any sort of logical reasoning. If some being is powerful enough to magically produce enough water to drown the entire world then it stands to reason he can do other magic-y things like cover his existence if he took a notion to. Therefore the entire thing becomes impossible to argue either way. In my view anything is possible. Is it possible that I'm just a figure in the fever dream of some cosmic bunny? Of course it's possible. How the hell would I know any different if I were? Some would quickly go to scientific evidence to refute the cosmic bunny theory. Of course they'd be failing to realize that science itself would merely be another aspect of the cosmic bunny's fever dream. Yawn. Anyway, religious types are typically too scared/brainwashed and/or self-righteous to question anything and those that argue against the possible existence of a deity tend to be of the small-minded sort and fall into illogic by presuming to judge a hypothesis outside it's internal context.

M Tragedy666
12-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Out of curiosity, what is your personal opinion of the flood stories? Just about everywhere in the world has a massive global flood story? Coincidence? Or do you think something happened? Either way, that doesn't mean anything about the truth of the Bible. There could have been some huge flood as a result of cosmic chaos. Meteors, etc... that fucked up the earth and caused the tides to rise considerably. And who knows. Maybe there was some guy that figured it out and predicted it and built some boat.

brian219
12-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Out of curiosity, what is your personal opinion of the flood stories? Just about everywhere in the world has a massive global flood story? Coincidence? Or do you think something happened? Either way, that doesn't mean anything about the truth of the Bible. There could have been some huge flood as a result of cosmic chaos. Meteors, etc... that fucked up the earth and caused the tides to rise considerably. And who knows. Maybe there was some guy that figured it out and predicted it and built some boat.

With so many different cultures recording a similar catastrophic event, I'd say it's likely that something really did happen. There are several cultures that actually date the event at around the same time, circa 2500BC I believe, despite not sharing any geographical proximity whatsoever.

BlueEyeLens
09-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Did anyone notice in the beginning of the song it sounds a lot like "Foxy Lady" , which obviously was written by Jimi Hendrix, I remember the scene in Wayne's World, Garth puts the song on the jukebox and starts cock-dancin' to the blonde waitress in a coffee shop.
(this is the parallel here- in another song, manson mentions his dreams are clouds in his coffee, and in another song, pistol whipped, he's cock dancing while taking off his belt for a blonde chick in a hotel)

As for catholicism and christianity- I used to go to a deaf catholic school for 4 years. (I hated that school.) During my time there, I've seen abuse towards the students by the priest. (he was fat and an alcoholic, and lived in a house on a hill behind the school, I remember entering the back door of his house and it was a kitchen, saw his refrigerator door open, full of beer, cases of it.- during mass on fridays of every month, I would hear moaning sounds from other deaf students in the confession booth( which was actually a room with a door shut)- I'm reminded of a line that resonates with all this here- "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing". The deaf are screaming but cannot hear anything.

There was a certain friday my last year attending that school, they had a special guest from africa, a black priest. I remember sitting in the audience seats and he was speaking while the school's priest was signing everything he was saying , and he made eye contact with me and it was a split moment, I rolled my eyes out of boredom, and he paused for a minute, I looked to my left and saw another student looking at me (that student, a female, years later, I dated and fucked when we crossed paths in the same neighborhood I lived in, totally unrelated to the story but felt like sharing anyway), after that mass session, they directed all of us to a recreation room to kneel because the two priests wanted to "cast the devil out of us", I realized why- at the time, I was wearing a necklace that I had bought from a store at a mall, it had 3 arrowheads and a skull in the middle with red diamond eyes, I didn't hide it underneath my shirt, and I wasn't kneeling, I was sitting on my ass with my arms resting on my knees, bored out of my mind.

I left that school my junior year, I didn't want to graduate from there, and instead went to a public school in the area I lived in.

I cannot tell you how many times I remember seeing such violent tantrums that occured from the school's priest. All the classes there were so basic and dumbed down- I had to actually wait for everyone else to catch up. It was rather redundant attending school there and I only went for an education, not for a religious intervention.

There was a book I read a couple years ago , called "the shack", I remember a tidbit in it that Jesus mentions he isn't christian, nor catholic , nor anything at all. God was a black woman, and the holy ghost was a flannel wearing lumberjack.
It was an amusing book I read. I started to see that Jesus never meant for others to start building churches in his name and collect money on a silver platter- and for the world to create so many branches of religions.

Then when I really started to think about creation- and the big bang theory, I started to sense that we're all truly born from a star. Think about all the galaxies in the universe, there are universes upon universes- take the word "GOD", it is actually abbreviated as "the greater outer dimensions" which is the universe.

I started to realize that all of Manson's albums are really a mirror of abuse from every religious sect- including satanism.

But especially Christianity, because Christianity is televised everyday.

The holy bible shouldn't have a cross on it, it should have a dollar sign.

Think about the line "I am among no one", Jesus was also among no one, he wasn't christian or anything at all- but attained a "christ conscious", and was able to resurrect himself, he was the first magician of humanity.

Tick Tock Goes The
09-12-2013, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX77sNQkEBk

Alterkaker66
09-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Since this discussion has gone seriously sideways, I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth. All you Christians who don't know the history of the church make me ill. Start with the Nicene creed (council of Nicaea, ad 325) and keep on looking. The same goes for any other religion you wish to name. Look at the history and how what you think is your religion has changed. This happens because religion is a man made phenomenon. Think about it this way, when does a 'cult' become a religion? When it has existed for x number of years or has x number of members? Or maybe it has to cause enough damage to warrant notice. Branch Davidians anyone? Believe what you want to, but know that your belief is what makes it an expression of spirituality not whatever religious group you belong to.

BlueEyeLens
10-16-2013, 05:24 AM
I've recently stumbled on an article that claims that Jesus Christ never existed, that it was made up by Romans to establish social order. No wonder his teenage years was left out of the bible. One could only wonder why.

Alterkaker66
10-16-2013, 07:06 AM
I've recently stumbled on an article that claims that Jesus Christ never existed, that it was made up by Romans to establish social order. No wonder his teenage years was left out of the bible. One could only wonder why. THere's this great book, "Cows, Pigs, Wars and Witches" by Marvin Harris. Shoots holes in lots of commonly held opinions. Read it in *ack* school and still have a copy.

crazybitch
10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Christianity keeps people from coming into spiritual power. It has kept mystics in cages and prophets on drugs for way too long. Fuck consumerism!!! Down with the system!