PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cruel World ... Tour [117]: Jan 28 2013 - Métropolis - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Cringeon
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
January 28, 2013
Venue: Métropolis

Tickets On Sale December 14th! http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/10004986D5FEDB29?artistid=766825&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
www.marilynmanson.com (http://www.marilynmanson.com)

Members Attending:

Tigger
12-12-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm a maybe on this one for now...really depends on if Santa feels I been nice this year or how I can muster the funds after Christmas. xD

Hazekiah
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
First show of the 2013 tour without me there! Hope it all works out nonetheless. :-/

AssetReign
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM
First show of the 2013 tour without me there! Hope it all works out nonetheless. :-/

http://25.media.tumblr.com/270ac1af308437cae9db5f7821893e9c/tumblr_mfl9vpmmmr1s06k9ao1_400.gif

Heather Quick
01-28-2013, 06:03 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/270ac1af308437cae9db5f7821893e9c/tumblr_mfl9vpmmmr1s06k9ao1_400.gif

One of the best gifs EVER!
It makes me wanna hug him forever

buffylover29
01-29-2013, 05:59 AM
how was this show? was manson still sick and only singing half of the lyrics?

Heather Quick
01-29-2013, 06:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWoaFwLjnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y2hX46S290

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAAauubJ0U

Para-Noir
01-29-2013, 06:23 AM
According to setlist.fm IHA wasn't played. Probably still has the flu

buffylover29
01-29-2013, 07:41 AM
anyone go to the meet and greet?? how was he? was he signing multiple items?

AppleOfSodom
01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
beautiful coma white

me_andre
01-29-2013, 09:29 AM
At some places in those videos I think his voice sounds better then when the tour started, a year ago. If MM sounds this good with the flu I can't wait to hear the sound; when he's well again. Not that it was perfect, but when I have the flu I stay in bed and only get up to eat soup, drink orange juice or cola, take painkillers or play playstation 3. If that which I just watched was with the flu, it's pretty damn impressive.

NapalmHeart
01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
So... Four Rusted Horses was on the setlist, but wasn't played?

http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/2013/01/28_Montreal,_QC

Shangri-LIE
01-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I wrote to GT and suggested that all upcoming meet and greets be cancelled so that no one gets sick, and also so that Manson does not get sick again. Sorry guys.

buffylover29
01-29-2013, 10:16 AM
why the hell would you so that?

Shangri-LIE
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
why the hell would you so that?

Because I am a doctor and I don't approve of knowingly afflicting someone with the flu, or aids, or even colds for that matter. I am a very cautious, conservative, and compassionate man. Also, because I already had my pictures done and want to ruin it for everyone else.

buffylover29
01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
lol I was actually getting upset hahaha Less than 4 hours until I meet the man himself!! post your photo when you get it!

Shangri-LIE
01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
lol I was actually getting upset hahaha Less than 4 hours until I meet the man himself!! post your photo when you get it!

:) lol - I was going to keep going and make a fake "Marilyn Manson 2013 tour cancelled" news thread but I'd get in trouble. I didn't write to them but I COULD have really wound you and a lot of other people up. :P - I posted my pic in the meet and greet thread btw. I hope you and everyone else has a blast and if you have any time, just go buy some "airborne" to protect you immune system. Have fun guys.

Eternal
01-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey folks, I hit up the show last night in Montreal...Manson sounded pretty good and had a ton of energy which was nice to see. The band rocked as always and the crowd was very into it and very diverse...gotta love Montreal! The set list on Wiki looks about right, there was no Four Rusted Horses.

The meet & greet was cool but you don't get a lot of time, basically you have a few seconds to say hello, get him to sign your shit and then take a couple of photos. Still worth it though. He was pretty quiet and didn't say much but was accommodating when it came to signing stuff and we ended up with about 6 photos (2 with me and MM, 2 with my girl and MM and 2 with both of us with MM).

All in all, it was great to finally meet the man after all these years (been a fan since '95...yes I'm old)...scratch another one off the old bucket list.

buffylover29
01-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey folks, I hit up the show last night in Montreal...Manson sounded pretty good and had a ton of energy which was nice to see. The band rocked as always and the crowd was very into it and very diverse...gotta love Montreal! The set list on Wiki looks about right, there was no Four Rusted Horses.

The meet & greet was cool but you don't get a lot of time, basically you have a few seconds to say hello, get him to sign your shit and then take a couple of photos. Still worth it though. He was pretty quiet and didn't say much but was accommodating when it came to signing stuff and we ended up with about 6 photos (2 with me and MM, 2 with my girl and MM and 2 with both of us with MM).

All in all, it was great to finally meet the man after all these years (been a fan since '95...yes I'm old)...scratch another one off the old bucket list.

how many things did you get signed, and what did you get signed?? was he signing the full autograph of just the MM?

Eternal
01-29-2013, 11:57 AM
how many things did you get signed, and what did you get signed?? was he signing the full autograph of just the MM?

I just had him sign a copy of his book Long Hard Road Out Of Hell, my girlfriend had him sign a t-shirt and he was signing the full autograph on everything from what I could tell. He doodled small sketches for a couple of people that asked and a few others had him sign his initials on their skin (arm and forearm) so they could get it turned into a tattoo...he was integrating a small double-cross into one of the M's in his initials.

Ceratina
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I agree, he was really energetic on stage and he sounded fantastic. I would have loved to have heard Four Rusted Horses, it's one of my many favorites.
I did the meet and greet too, but I was a little disappointed - I thought we were rushed through a bit too quickly. I did the meet and greet in New Hampshire and I got to talk with him for a few minutes (Twiggy too). In this one I felt that the golden ticket people were trying to get everyone done in time for the early entry. I'm still glad I did it, and I'd do it again, but I would have liked a couple minutes chatting with him.
One more thing for the meet and greet - they couldn't bring the lithographs into Canada, apparently some problem at the border (they also couldn't bring the masks in). I decided to spring for the lithograph this time, and part of what I was looking forward to was seeing him sign and number mine in person. Now they said they'll just send it to me in the mail.
I really loved the concert. I've never been right in the front for a Manson concert before and I was close enough to touch his hand a few times when he leaned toward the crowd.
When I asked how he was during the meet and greet, he said he was sick.

J.Lecter
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
This is both good and bad to hear.

Good to hear the concert was energetic and that he sounded fantastic.
Bad to hear that the M+G was rushed.
Undecided about the mailing of the masks (and such). Wonder why they weren't allowed into Canada? I would think something like that would have been taken care of before-hand?

Terrapin
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
"TITS!" Heh, this one is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwmwv121AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=232cXtTcj34

J.Lecter
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Gotta love the variations he does for his songs! ^

Eternal
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
I agree, he was really energetic on stage and he sounded fantastic. I would have loved to have heard Four Rusted Horses, it's one of my many favorites.
I did the meet and greet too, but I was a little disappointed - I thought we were rushed through a bit too quickly. I did the meet and greet in New Hampshire and I got to talk with him for a few minutes (Twiggy too). In this one I felt that the golden ticket people were trying to get everyone done in time for the early entry. I'm still glad I did it, and I'd do it again, but I would have liked a couple minutes chatting with him.
One more thing for the meet and greet - they couldn't bring the lithographs into Canada, apparently some problem at the border (they also couldn't bring the masks in). I decided to spring for the lithograph this time, and part of what I was looking forward to was seeing him sign and number mine in person. Now they said they'll just send it to me in the mail.
I really loved the concert. I've never been right in the front for a Manson concert before and I was close enough to touch his hand a few times when he leaned toward the crowd.
When I asked how he was during the meet and greet, he said he was sick.

Agreed, we definitely felt rushed...kinda like cattle. I would have preferred more face time as well, maybe next time.

About the lithograph, you should check with AIW to see if you can get them to snap a pic of him signing and numbering it since you never got to see it in person. Worst they can say is no.

Norsefire
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
That's kind of odd that they couldn't take the Lithographs and masks into Canada. I can't think of any reason why they couldn't take them... anyone know?

Tigger
01-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Canada is fucking stupid like that sometimes. XD

charliefuckit
01-29-2013, 07:08 PM
I did the meet and greet. I thought it was super cool the way they did it. they put him in a small dark room with a couple candles lit. We didn't talk much, but it was awesome getting to meet him, and having him sign my copy of Mechanical Animals. My friend got him to sign a picture of Crispin Glover for some reason, and he told my friend that Crispin Glover farted on him on his birthday and that it smelled like broccoli because he is a vegan.

My other buddy gave him an old Canadian dollar bill... So if he seemed like he did some drugs last night he may have just sniffed it through that little present.

As for the show, didn't it seem like he was pissed at someone during Slo-mo-tion? I thought the whole thing was very raw and crazy though. I had a blast.

LittlePistol
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
I love reading all the stories about these shows, mine is in Feb and I am counting down the days.:o Not so patiently haha.

I am so bummed that he is sick :( I hope he feels better soon, I can't imagine having to go out and perform ill...Im such a baby when I am sick. lol

All that said....where am I on the creep factor for saying that I would be honored to catch some Manson germs at the M&G

Hahahahaha

J.Lecter
01-29-2013, 08:20 PM
All that said....where am I on the creep factor for saying that I would be honored to catch some Manson germs at the M&G. Hahahahaha

You fit right in.

Ceratina
01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Agreed, we definitely felt rushed...kinda like cattle. I would have preferred more face time as well, maybe next time.

About the lithograph, you should check with AIW to see if you can get them to snap a pic of him signing and numbering it since you never got to see it in person. Worst they can say is no.

That's a great idea! I'll definitely e-mail and ask about that.

Lydia
01-30-2013, 12:57 PM
That's kind of odd that they couldn't take the Lithographs and masks into Canada. I can't think of any reason why they couldn't take them... anyone know?
I'd guess it's because they would have had to pay import duties on the merchandise. Since they had already collected the money from the fans who bought VIP packages, they didn't want to take the financial loss of paying duties, which would be greater than the loss of mailing the items to the fans' homes.

May Gunn
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Has he not been using the laser gloves in Canada during Coma White? Were those confiscated at the border as well? :P

J.Lecter
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Has he not been using the laser gloves in Canada during Coma White? Were those confiscated at the border as well? :P

He used his laser gloves in Hamilton. I've got video of that one and I was hoping the laser would pass by my camera . . . I think it did at one point.