PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cruel World ... Tour [124]: Feb 08 2013 - Stampede Corral - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Cringeon
12-10-2012, 07:47 PM
February 08, 2013
Venue: Stampede Corral

Tickets On Sale December 14th! http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/110049888CDD638B?artistid=766825&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
www.marilynmanson.com (http://www.marilynmanson.com)

Members Attending:

fishtifer

fishtifer
12-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm going, 4th time seeing Manson (Vancouver 2001, Vancouver 2003, Calgary 2009, Calgary 2013) any other members going? Can't wait to meet him with Golden Ticket!!!

fishtifer
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Just got an email that the meet and greet will be after the show because he is sick. Supposed to be down there at 6pm to get signed in and directions for after the show....

Shangri-LIE
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Not to piss anyone off but I really do feel like he needs to cancel the next couple of shows and reschedule them.

thousand_kisses
02-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Not to piss anyone off but I really do feel like he needs to cancel the next couple of shows and reschedule them,

can't say i disagree with this

LittlePistol
02-08-2013, 04:07 PM
No offense to Canada, but I thought he should have just rescheduled all the Canadian dates. It would have given him a week off.

He keeps going like this and he is going to kill himself..... :(

Please let us know after the show/meet and greet how he was doing, and I hope you have a great time!

Hazekiah
02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Okay, okay, he's got the flu...let's not make a big thing about it.

He had a rough time two days ago and even then it was still a full show and he gave a great performance.

Now he's been tended to and is pushing back a meat-and-greet so he can rest up and focus on the show first and foremost. Seems reasonable enough. He's cancelled shows before when necessary so I don't see why he wouldn't do so now if he or anyone else who actually knows anything about it thinks he ought to.

Just sayin'!

I'm sure he knows his own condition and limitations better than any of us do. His flu was obviously pretty bad a couple days ago but even then he soldiered on and kicked ass through it anyway and he's still alive and kicking.

So if he thinks he's up to it I'm sure he's right, especially after a day-and-a-half of downtime since the last show.

Jesus, he's a grown man and a professional...just wish him well and stop acting like a bunch of deathwatch daycare nannies, lol.

:P

Lydia
02-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Jesus, he's a grown man and a professional...just wish him well and stop acting like a bunch of deathwatch daycare nannies, lol.

:P
Someone had to say it, and you said it well!

LittlePistol
02-08-2013, 07:04 PM
My concern wasn't so much what he has NOW, just that when you are sick like that and don't properly take care of yourself (sometimes even if you do) it can quickly turn into other much more serious things. Not saying that WILL happen. Just why I thought he should rest.

Hey I am totally fine with him not cancelling shows..I don't wanna miss mine hahaha.

Just hope he feels better soon.

EvilDead
02-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Show was amazing.. loved it. He was way better today then back in 2009. He was on fire tonight. Irresponsible Hate Anthem was played at the end.

Scorpion
02-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Show was amazing.. loved it. He was way better today then back in 2009. He was on fire tonight. Irresponsible Hate Anthem was played at the end.

Did he mention anything of his vomiting? Haha! Glad you had a good time.

EvilDead
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
he did.. lol.. he was really funny and talked to the crowd A LOT. Talked about his "ailment" and how he was over it. He was fucking awesome tonight. I'm glad he has the passion back.

NapalmHeart
02-08-2013, 11:31 PM
That's great to hear :) Doing the meet and greet after the show was a big risky, imagine he collapsed again and then had to take pictures with dozens of people...

EvilDead
02-08-2013, 11:38 PM
yeah.. he did not seem sick in anyway tonight. So if you have tickets for the tour coming up.. do not worry. He is fine. If only he changed up the set list. Nice to hear Coma White but I must say I really enjoyed Slo-Mo-Tion live. Does he always where like a mask and a butchers apron during No Reflection?

Hazekiah
02-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Hell, yeah! Thanks for the great news, that's SO good to hear!

And, yes, he's been using the wire-mask and butchers apron in conjunction with "No Reflection" off and on for a while now since the european dates on the Twins of Evil tour, at least one time even incorporating a gurney with a woman's body laid out upon it (almost surely Lindsay's).

It's SO cool, I wish the gurney/body was part of every show...it really completes the motif perfectly, especially along with the rubber gloves and knife-mic along with his frequent introductions of the song as being about "being a sociopath" and, more recently, his a capella cover-intro of "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads.

Haha, Dexter ftw!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJuBIq9hNgImdRQZZXqnlagQmncvD6V hvH0oNhmo0DmiXEsE8dCA

LittlePistol
02-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Ahhh!

Such great news!!

I am so glad you had a great show, and SOOOOOO beyond happy that he seemed/said he was better now. Yay!!

AssetReign
02-09-2013, 01:31 AM
It is Lindsay, not her body. :D I believe one of the reasons they haven't done it lately is because of limited stage space at the venues. He's feeling much better which is great news.

Korpz
02-09-2013, 02:44 AM
It is Lindsay, not her body. :D .

Somehow this conjures creepy and amusing thoughts lol!

Heather Quick
02-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Review and some pictures: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/02/09/marilyn-manson-shocks-the-corral--as-best-he-can

I'm glad he's feeling better. The man is fucking amazing <3

Ceratina
02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Well that's great to hear that the show was awesome and they even did Irresponsible Hate Anthem - I'm envious, I haven't heard that one live (in person) in quite a while. If any got video of any of the concert, I'd love to see it here :)

Heather Quick
02-09-2013, 04:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qNHEOHi38