PDA

View Full Version : Back to Australia?!

ImNotJesus
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
So, here's the thing, Marilyn Manson 'sort of' kicked off this tour with the Soundwave Festival and various Australian dates, but he was never here whilst Born Villain was released and available - that happened after he left. As such, the only new song he played on the Aussie dates earlier this year was 'No Reflection'.

Now, I was incredibly disappointed by the Soundwave show, but that's besides the point - Do we know if Mr. Manson will be returning to Australia to finally play some proper Born Villain gigs at all? I'd love to see him back here, especially as this tour is shaping up to be his best since 2003.

Fuckitx4
12-10-2012, 11:09 PM
I was at Soundwave Sydney and I was pretty upset about it. I felt embarrassed, if anything, that I'd told so many people how great he was for them to be left with that. Anyway, I hope he brings the new tour back here as well, because I think this stage set up is arguably the most exciting and jam packed he's had. I think it would be an absolute spectacle to see live.

However I don't think he did play No Reflection live down here, because the first time that was played was at the Revolver Awards and that was after the Australia/Oceania leg had ended. Realistically I don't think he'd come all the way back down here after having done a year's worth of touring: but then again, he is doing more US dates, many of which I understand are in the same locations he'd already played. We can only hope!

Charles2012
12-11-2012, 02:11 AM
A friend of mine who Soundwave followers may know as AJ has said he was the one who suggested the Twins of Evil tour and is doing 'everything in his power' to make it happen in Australia sometime in 2013.

AJ is a massive fan of Manson and has since attended some of Manson's 2012 European shows, so he'll be aware of the vast improvements and claimed their Rock Am Ring performance this year was one of the best shows he's ever seen.

Hopefully we get Manson back here soon!

Dysmorphia
12-11-2012, 02:23 AM
A friend of mine who Soundwave followers may know as AJ has said he was the one who suggested the Twins of Evil tour and is doing 'everything in his power' to make it happen in Australia sometime in 2013.

That would be so incredibly awesome, I would go to every show I could. :'D

mirror
12-11-2012, 02:28 AM
I doubt I'd even bother going to see him again. What a fucking pile of dog shit the Soundwave brisbane show was. Like come on how many chances does one get? How embarrassing, not just for the band but AJ as well.

The Empirical Guy
12-11-2012, 02:54 AM
I was thinking about this the other day - Manson aside, a couple other of my favourite bands have come down here just prior to their new album coming out, leaving us missing out on the actual tour for the new stuff. Hopefully he'll be back - as to whether it's as part of ToE, I'm not really fussed.

Charles2012
12-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Your loss really. If you've seen any of the recent shows, you'll understand why.

Charles2012
12-11-2012, 05:12 AM
I was thinking about this the other day - Manson aside, a couple other of my favourite bands have come down here just prior to their new album coming out, leaving us missing out on the actual tour for the new stuff. Hopefully he'll be back - as to whether it's as part of ToE, I'm not really fussed.

Yeah, it's been happening a lot with bands I like, mostly the smaller ones as well.
I'm really hoping it's not a Twins of Evil tour for the sake of just having the Manson fans surrounded by Manson fans. Everyone was so lovely at all the shows I went to on the Soundwave tour. That and the hopes that Manson would have longer on stage and not be rushed.

That would be so incredibly awesome, I would go to every show I could. :'D

Do it! I went to 3 of the festivals and 1 Manson sidewave this year, hands down one of the best weeks of my life.

StevCCCC
12-11-2012, 05:58 AM
Hope to christ he'll come to Australia, preferably Melbourne, but I've gotta feeling he doesnt like us aussies, maybe 'cause of the "you're down under but I'm up over" thing, I dont know. I agree that the Soundwave tour was terrible (he sang with his back to us 50% of the time and wasted way too much water for my liking) but he may want to redeem himself and what better way?

12-11-2012, 09:09 AM
I doubt I'd even bother going to see him again. What a fucking pile of dog shit the Soundwave brisbane show was. Like come on how many chances does one get? How embarrassing, not just for the band but AJ as well.

I saw him on a Euro-date two nights ago and it was even worse then Soundwave. The stage was prettier though.

mirror
12-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Worse!? Shit is that possible.

I'm thinking (hoping) maybe it's all just an act so he can see just how big a bunch of suckers we are...

jaredwestrup1000
01-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Has anyone heard any news on the tour?
I missed out last year to see him at melbourne soundwave and a the Sydney sideshow coz I was sick.. So pissed off

Olivia
02-25-2013, 04:23 PM
1. You guys are cunts. Seriously, the lot of you. Pardon him for playing a festival set at a festival and having a less-than-desirable voice during the first dates of the tour.

2. I now totally understand Bawkz' hatred of Australia.

3. On a less bitchy note, I really, really don't see Twins of Evil II happening. Especially not in Australia.

Dysmorphia
02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Well that was constructive.