PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cruel World ... Tour [127]: Feb 12 2013 - Showbox SoDo - Seattle, Washington, USA

Norsefire
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM
February 12, 2013
Venue: Showbox SoDo

Tickets On Sale December 21st! http://www.showboxonline.com/eventdetail.php?id=39097
www.marilynmanson.com

Members Attending:

Hazekiah
May Gunn

Turd McFergison
01-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Seattle show is sold out!

Hazekiah
01-28-2013, 12:25 AM
CUNTFIRMED.

May Gunn
01-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Attending. Go legalization. ;) Can't wait.

Hazekiah
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
^ So, yeah...legal is legal is legal and even someone from out-of-state should have NO trouble whatsoever buying, right?

Or smoking in line?

Or onstage?

Holy FUCK, this is gonna be a HELL of a show!

>:)

AssetReign
02-11-2013, 08:20 PM
^ public consumption is a civil violation.

Hazekiah
02-11-2013, 09:49 PM
As in a Class C misdemeanor with a fine of $75?

DONE DEAL.

AssetReign
02-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Probably, like public alcohol consumption.

NapalmHeart
02-13-2013, 04:12 AM
The Dope Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXRnIu1g7w

Cringeon
02-13-2013, 06:40 AM
May Gunn posted a vid on FB of Tourniquet being added back in :D

Scorpion
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
May Gunn posted a vid on FB of Tourniquet being added back in :D

You mean added as in added as in setlist+tourniquet or setlist - some song + tourniquet?

Adonai
02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
^ So, yeah...legal is legal is legal and even someone from out-of-state should have NO trouble whatsoever buying, right?

Or smoking in line?

Or onstage?

Holy FUCK, this is gonna be a HELL of a show!

>:)

People have been smoking weed in public around Seattle since forever, the cops don't care. They are more worried about illicit substances, drug deals, and violent crimes than some average Joe using weed and minding his own business. Since the ability to carry it in small amounts was just legalized here too, I'm pretty sure the cops still don't care. The only things that could really get you into trouble besides the obvious is causing a public nuisance, or the smoking law. You are not allowed to smoke inside a public building, or within 25 feet of an entrance or bus stop unless you are moving. You can smoke inside private clubs and bars, but I believe it is something weird like all the workers have to be volunteers. So you don't see that very often. Some laws in Seattle are a little crazy, they recently outlawed things like clove cigarettes and lighters that make noise and have flashing lights.

May Gunn
02-13-2013, 04:39 PM
You mean added as in added as in setlist+tourniquet or setlist - some song + tourniquet?

Correct. He replaced Coma White with Tourniquet. He kept the same "The Man Who Fell to Earth" ensemble, with the falling snow, laser gloves, and fedora/trenchcoat. I whipped out my camera for Coma White (one of my favorites live on his rather consistent set list) and it was a very nice suprise. Welcome back to the US Mr. Manson. Now more hopeful to see 4RH or Little Horn in these final dates.

Scorpion
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks for answering. That sucks. I wish he would just ADD songs. Not replace them.

May Gunn
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
No problem!!! I agree totally- but after seeing the same set list so much (no offense to Manson), I had a fan girl moment when I realized it was Tourniquet. I haven't heard it live since the Hey Cruel World... Tour. So NOW, I want something I haven't heard live yet... Like Little Horn. ;)

blue angel
02-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I would like Tourniquet this way, instead of Coma White.

Hazekiah
02-15-2013, 04:52 PM
MARILYN MANSON
live in Seattle, WA
2/13/13

PART ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNV91HgLQSM

PART TWO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYMWgdfiE

NapalmHeart
02-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Beautiful performance of Tourniquet, thanks once again for the great recording, Haz!

Hazekiah
03-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I was kinda bummed I didn't get to follow through with my intent to spark Manson up for "The Dope Show" or to even get high at all (WTF, Washington?!?), but it was a badass show and at least not having any drug-related quasi-contraband on hand freed me up to hang back and capture the show for posterity instead. It's always SOME kind of trade-off, lol.

And obviously I still have some work to do towards figuring out the appropriate exposure settings on my new camera but I'm still pretty happy with the end result, I guess. I used the "Concert Lighting" preset but Manson's still buried behind a foggy cloud of washed-out white light most of the time so I guess the lighting was just extra-bright that night or else I was just too close. Or, more likely, the light was more intensely bright than usual because the venue was so small that Manson was practically right in front of the source. Still pretty good stuff though so no real complaints.

But as much as I like the new gear I can't WAIT to get a new replacement for my non-HD, old-school camcorder so I can start filming that way instead again. This thing makes me feel like I'm basically just standing there holding it whereas with my camcorder I get to actually zoom in really tight and pull back as I see fit, so I actually feel like I'm directing the concert footage instead of simply serving as a two-legged tripod for my camera.

Like I said, it's always a trade-off with these things.

:-\

Adonai
03-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I was kinda bummed I didn't get to follow through with my intent to spark Manson up for "The Dope Show" or to even get high at all (WTF, Washington?!?), but it was a badass show and at least not having any drug-related quasi-contraband on hand freed me up to hang back and capture the show for posterity instead. It's always SOME kind of trade-off, lol.

That sucks. I always get handed joints and other drugs at concerts in downtown Seattle, perhaps it was just you, Hazekiah. I mean, you do look like the afterbirth of an ave-rat-gutter-puppy-fist-fuck. People probably thought you had your own drugs, maybe they were telling each other, "don't get close to it, don't feed it?" I don't know but there definitely has to be something wrong with you if you cannot find drugs in Seattle.

Glad you enjoyed the show though, thanks for sharing the videos too. It blows that Manson had to play in such a tiny venue, how the mighty have fallen!

AssetReign
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
^ I have a "Haz the Vagabond" storyboard in my head with Haz cast as the male version of Pamela Des Barres. Dude seems to live a "No Reason & No Regrets" life and I salute him.