PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Golden Tickets Now Available!

Lillith
12-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I was seriously hoping this wasn't gonna happen again, but Golden Tickets (http://www.theoneandonlygoldentickets.com/category_s/1913.htm)*cough Golden Bullshit cough* are back for this round of shows.

thousand_kisses
12-21-2012, 01:23 PM
i was hoping the same, really....

12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I still hold my opinion in that it's pretty disgraceful.

M Tragedy666
12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I'll probably be getting one again.

Manson101
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
got mine(s)

thatrussianman
12-21-2012, 01:45 PM
What's a gold ticket

FeedYourHead
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I like how I specifically decided not to go to the california show so I could save $300 and have money to actually live with, and now i have to apply that $300 to shows I am ALREADY going to and have tickets for if I want to be able to actually see any part of the show. Fucking bullshit. I cant believe i seriously have to spend all the money I have and i'm not even going to any additional shows.

Toxica
12-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I like how I specifically decided not to go to the california show so I could save $300 and have money to actually live with, and now i have to apply that $300 to shows I am ALREADY going to and have tickets for if I want to be able to actually see any part of the show. Fucking bullshit. I cant believe i seriously have to spend all the money I have and i'm not even going to any additional shows.

Ouch!!

I'm sorry, but how do you get access to these tickets? Not that I'm going to be dropping any more money, but I'm curious...lol

Terrapin
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry, but how do you get access to these tickets? Not that I'm going to be dropping any more money, but I'm curious...lol

They were hyperlinked in the OP. Here: http://www.theoneandonlygoldentickets.com/category_s/1913.htm

Toxica
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
They were hyperlinked in the OP. Here: http://www.theoneandonlygoldentickets.com/category_s/1913.htm

Of course they were. I never claimed to be bright ;)
Thanks!

FeedYourHead
12-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Steve's fb: "For those asking, YES there will be meet & greets with MM on the N. American tour dates. But they will be before the show, not after. Official announcement forthcoming, I'm sure."

Toxica
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Ugh.. two people we're going with want them and want us to get them... should I drop 300? I'm confused about this one..lol.

FeedYourHead
12-21-2012, 03:48 PM
it's only $150 per show. but i'm going to two shows

Tater
12-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Steve's fb: "For those asking, YES there will be meet & greets with MM on the N. American tour dates. But they will be before the show, not after. Official announcement forthcoming, I'm sure."

Before? Sweet.
Got mine for CT,couldn't resist the early access. And I know I'll enjoy myself even if it seems lame right now,lulz.

Cringeon
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM
GT are preshow, and it doesn't mean you have any better spot at a show. Plenty of non GT get front row, on the rail and these won't affect those who like to wait by busses or any after parties. Don't think you need this unless the M&G is what you are most interested in.

Toxica
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, it's only 150 bucks... I would if it was just me, but my hubby is coming along... lol. So that's 300 on top of the 168 for two tickets... it's not THAT much, but we're not exactly rollin' in it.

Tater, good for you! I don't think it's that lame... just a lot of money... fuck..lol.

Norsefire
12-21-2012, 04:07 PM
This is great, it seems plenty of people want to do Golden Tickets with MM so I'm sure these will easily sell out.

Manson101
12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
it's only $150 per show. but i'm going to two shows

What show are you getting GT for?

Shangri-LIE
12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Redemption. Gotz mine.

FeedYourHead
12-21-2012, 04:49 PM
What show are you getting GT for?

CT and Boston.

it doesn't mean you have any better spot at a show.
That's not really true at all. =/

The Wax Gentleman
12-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Haha, no.

Manson101
12-21-2012, 05:07 PM
See u in CT

Shangri-LIE
12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll pay him any amount for him to allow me to be a guest (nobody) guitarist that night. lol

Manson101
12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
CT and Boston.

See u in CT

Are you going alone? Maybe i'll try the BOston show too..

Shangri-LIE
12-21-2012, 05:35 PM
^Are you going to be in Columbus so I can punch you in the face for double posting all of the time? :P

FeedYourHead
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
lmao.

Tater
12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Cringeon
it doesn't mean you have any better spot at a show.

^ What FYH said. The people bothering to buy the GT usually also want to be front row so it's pretty much a granted that you are getting a better spot. You can get good spots without GT but the very front row winds up being almost completely GT.

Cringeon
12-21-2012, 07:17 PM
A lot of GT people have seats, it's not for certain that everyone who has GT is also a pit ticket. I was on the rail with plenty of people who did not buy GT when I did. I think Haz also had no problem getting rail when he went for it. It comes down to just going after it. If early entrance is the only way you are going to be able to "see" from the pit, then you were taking a huge gamble buying pit without knowing the GT were even being offered.

If the early entrance is that important, go for it - but I don't want people thinking it's the only option if their only goal is for the show and not for a M&G. Also, it's GA - having a GT does not make anyone immune from the general mayhem that goes on down there. It's quite possible you could get a GT ticket, be in the pit and find yourself not in a desired spot. People just need to not get their hopes that the GT does anything more than the M&G in case shit gets wild.

That aside, having done the GT for the TOE - I'm skipping it for Vegas. Already got the merch, and since these are before the show I'd much rather save for any after parties going down in Vegas.

FeedYourHead
12-21-2012, 07:30 PM
A lot of GT people have seats, it's not for certain that everyone who has GT is also a pit ticket.
true, but most have GA tickets.

I was on the rail with plenty of people who did not buy GT when I did. I think Haz also had no problem getting rail when he went for it.

Haz was never on the rail with the exception of the one show where I had an extra GT and gave it to him.

It comes down to just going after it.

Only to a certain extent. After all the GT people had their spots on the rail, they let GA in and those people did their best to push in between us. Of course that worked for some people because there aren't enough GT people to make the first row completely packed tight, but the majority had to file in behind us. I wouldn't bank on there being a lot of availability after GT is let in.

If early entrance is the only way you are going to be able to "see" from the pit, then you were taking a huge gamble buying pit without knowing the GT were even being offered.

I think you're confused. I can only see the show if I'm in the first row on the rail. I normally have no problem securing that by going about it the normal way - lining up in the AM and being one of the first five people there. I have never had a problem with that - ever. With GT, not only do I have to still be the first person there, I have to pay an extra $150 per show.

Cringeon
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
GT sells equally for seats and GA since it's an addon. Maybe at the shows you went to, but it's not a given that a majority will be in the pit (especially with older fans). Maybe Haz didn't get right on the rail, but at the show we went together pretty sure he was damn near it because I saw his bible pages flying like a mother fucker during ACSS lol. Sounds like you've been to plenty of shows, so you know how pits can swell and shift, my point was just that having a GT ticket doesn't guarantee you will keep a spot on the rail - and not having a GT ticket doesn't mean there won't be a spot up front for you. Someone might get there first, but doesn't mean they stay there haha. That's a bummer if you can't see unless you are directly on the front rail, I would always go for a guaranteed good spot over a gamble. Either way GT or not, it's going to a great tour and excited to share a pit with purely some MM fans!

Hazekiah
12-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, the important information missing here is that FYH is like 3 feet tall...her eyes barely clearly the top of the rail, lol.

And I've had the OPTION of getting on the rail before but I just never really taken it since I'm generally busy doing lots of shit that will get me in trouble if security spots me doing it, and frankly I kinda prefer the push and pull and chaotic energy of being deeper in the pit anyway.

But then I can still see fine from wherever I wind up, regardless.

Tater
12-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Some venues don't HAVE seats,such as the CT show I am attending. One has to take that into consideration.

darluh
12-21-2012, 11:07 PM
The Manson/Zombie show I attended (Youngstown, OH) there were two rows of golden ticket people in GA when i was let in the venue. I was hoping they would mostly all have seats but it didn't happen that way but it did. It was a large venue too though.

J.Lecter
12-22-2012, 12:22 AM
The concert I'm going to is my one and only, so I'm going all out . . . . got my G.T.!

MissZombilicious
12-22-2012, 03:29 AM
You guys are lucky, in Europe we had to pay 195 USDollars. I don't see why someone would find it "disgraceful" to get a GT (as Kollaps had put it.) I think it's a great opportunity to have an amazing day. Many people aren't 18-year-old hotties that can get backstage and meet the band that way. Waiting by the bus isn't that much of an option either, in Europe they didn't ride the tourbus often. I don't know, for the "average" fan this is a great opportunity to meet Marilyn Manson without a lot of hazzle. I rather have a calm meet and greet than getting backstage after having given a blowjob (been there) to a security-guy and then see Manson make out with his girlfriend and most people being annoyed because you are there. And honestly, unless you are a 18-year-old hottie, waiting in front of the hotel (which I did when I was a 20-year-old hottie haha) or the tourbus is really stalker-behaviour and pathetic. And you still don't know if you would meet the band or not. With an organized meet and greet you get the opportunity to talk to Manson, to get something signed and to get a photo taken. Kollaps, so if there had been a signing session at a record store you wouldn't think that was disgraceful too? They did that a lot during the 90s! Getting backstage and party with Manson is a thing of the past, really. You whine a lot about the recent performances and the meet and greets. Well, this is 2012. Manson is 43 years old. This is not the same kind of rock'n'roll as it was in the 90s.

About getting a place in the front row. I have been to 33 Marilyn Manson-shows. At more than half of them I have been in the front row. It was a pain in the ass to wait outside for hours and then run and fight for a spot in the front row. I'm a short girl and people tend to run me over :/ With the GT I had the possibility to get in the front row without any hazzle. We were in the venue 20 minutes before everyone else. You should have seen the angry faces of the general crowd when they entered the venue and they had to stand behind us. Haha. People tried to get in between us but that didn't work. The whole front row was GT people (Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie). I was even standing in the middle, right in front of Manson. Sure, people pushed and I was in pain for days but I could actally see something. (being a short girl and all). If you have a pit-ticket and you want to get into the front row, get a GT-ticket. Easy as that. At the show I have been to, we were around 50 people at the meet and greet. Three or four of them had seats. Having a GT-ticket really is the VIP-way to get into the front row.

Oh, and the meet and greets during the North America-tour seem to be pre-show. So you won't meet Twiggy because he tends to do the soundcheck while Manson is doing the meet and greet. So don't expect to meet Twiggy.

Hazekiah
12-22-2012, 03:44 AM
No one should expect Twiggy or anyone else but Manson anyway. Even when he came out at the U.S. Twins of Evil shows it was still just an extra treat that he was there as well. Manson is the only one who will DEFINITELY be there every time.

That said, it's still possible that he might show up. I sincerely doubt that the opening band for these dates will be given as much leeway for soundchecks on the tour's daily schedule as Rob Zombie was allotted so the Marilyn Manson soundcheck won't necessarily conflict with Manson's pre-show meat-and-greets the same way they did before. Which isn't to say it won't, of course...I'm just saying there's no official word on the matter yet. We'll just have to wait and see!

:)

12-22-2012, 05:01 AM
You guys are lucky, in Europe we had to pay 195 USDollars. I don't see why someone would find it "disgraceful" to get a GT (as Kollaps had put it.) I think it's a great opportunity to have an amazing day. Many people aren't 18-year-old hotties that can get backstage and meet the band that way. Waiting by the bus isn't that much of an option either, in Europe they didn't ride the tourbus often. I don't know, for the "average" fan this is a great opportunity to meet Marilyn Manson without a lot of hazzle. I rather have a calm meet and greet than getting backstage after having given a blowjob (been there) to a security-guy and then see Manson make out with his girlfriend and most people being annoyed because you are there. And honestly, unless you are a 18-year-old hottie, waiting in front of the hotel (which I did when I was a 20-year-old hottie haha) or the tourbus is really stalker-behaviour and pathetic. And you still don't know if you would meet the band or not. With an organized meet and greet you get the opportunity to talk to Manson, to get something signed and to get a photo taken. Kollaps, so if there had been a signing session at a record store you wouldn't think that was disgraceful too? They did that a lot during the 90s! Getting backstage and party with Manson is a thing of the past, really. You whine a lot about the recent performances and the meet and greets. Well, this is 2012. Manson is 43 years old. This is not the same kind of rock'n'roll as it was in the 90s.

About getting a place in the front row. I have been to 33 Marilyn Manson-shows. At more than half of them I have been in the front row. It was a pain in the ass to wait outside for hours and then run and fight for a spot in the front row. I'm a short girl and people tend to run me over :/ With the GT I had the possibility to get in the front row without any hazzle. We were in the venue 20 minutes before everyone else. You should have seen the angry faces of the general crowd when they entered the venue and they had to stand behind us. Haha. People tried to get in between us but that didn't work. The whole front row was GT people (Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie). I was even standing in the middle, right in front of Manson. Sure, people pushed and I was in pain for days but I could actally see something. (being a short girl and all). If you have a pit-ticket and you want to get into the front row, get a GT-ticket. Easy as that. At the show I have been to, we were around 50 people at the meet and greet. Three or four of them had seats. Having a GT-ticket really is the VIP-way to get into the front row.

Oh, and the meet and greets during the North America-tour seem to be pre-show. So you won't meet Twiggy because he tends to do the soundcheck while Manson is doing the meet and greet. So don't expect to meet Twiggy.

I never said that it is disgraceful for a person to buy a GT ticket. I think it is disgraceful that they are sold. It's also not great for the average Manson fan, it's only great for the Manson fan that has this kind of money leaving the Manson fan with the lower income bracket completely left out.

It's disgraceful that he is charging people money to meet him when they have bought his CD's, merch and tickets to his shows over the years. You have to remember how many bands have done this for FREE, or at least a LOT cheaper as a thank you to their fanbase for supporting them over the years. (Nick Cave, Swans, Tea Party, Neubauten). They need to can that early entry bullshit too.

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post, MissZomb. Since when is 43 old? There are so many bands that age and much older who are still at the height of their careers, releasing great albums and performing better then ever. I also don't care how many blowjobs you've given to security guards (... Classy).

Toxica
12-22-2012, 05:29 AM
The concert I'm going to is my one and only, so I'm going all out . . . . got my G.T.!

YES! I'm so happy about this! If we're going to be ridiculous, we have to do it together at this point.. LOL!

Tigger
12-22-2012, 05:48 AM
I think this is awesome news. A friend of mine had to miss the show, thus the M &G and really wanted the opportunity for this again. Now just hope they don't sell out before I can buy a ticket to it...

:S

As for those complaining about "charging to meet him" or whatever. Its $150 which I won't say is cheap on its own but for what you get - its not expensive. You get a really awesome t-shirt, the mask, and a cool looking laminate plus a meet/photo with Manson. In a controlled environment, where you get one on one time, not rushed and crazy. Where its like 100 people. If MM did this as open concept, you know how many people would show up and then how many would leave disappointed and pissed off that they waited for x amount of time and didn't get to meet him? Plus, Manson seemed to be having A LOT of fun with this. So, why not do it again if the fans love it and MM loves it?

Win win as far as I can see.

=)

BTW.,

Early access is irrelevant for the show I am attending since its all seated anyway!

Shangri-LIE
12-22-2012, 08:04 AM
I think the debate over whether or not the Golden Ticket offer is pathetic or not has been mulled over enough. If a thread like this exists, for those especially who missed out the last time, it should be just for people to discuss their excitement over their opportunity to say hello, get a picture and some other nice perks. It adds to the concert experience and so what if you have to pay for it? I am going to this show by myself and staying in a hotel by myself for the first time ever on a Manson trip so the Golden Ticket experience that I got fucked out of last time is something that is definitely going to make the trip and concert worthwhile. Hope everyone has fun.

12-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Going to gigs by yourself (especially festivals) is an awesome experience man and sometimes actually better then going with friends.

Tater
12-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore and I'm too lazy to read but

Going to gigs by yourself (especially festivals) is an awesome experience man and sometimes actually better then going with friends.

No one else ever seems to think this. Praise Jesus. I love you.

J.Lecter
12-22-2012, 10:53 AM
YES! I'm so happy about this! If we're going to be ridiculous, we have to do it together at this point.. LOL!

Might as well! Same hotel, practically sitting beside each other during the concert, and now both at the M & G . . . I'm glad I sent you that first message asking about Hamilton. =)

I think this is awesome news. A friend of mine had to miss the show, thus the M &G and really wanted the opportunity for this again. Now just hope they don't sell out before I can buy a ticket to it...
:S
As for those complaining about "charging to meet him" or whatever. Its $150 which I won't say is cheap on its own but for what you get - its not expensive. You get a really awesome t-shirt, the mask, and a cool looking laminate plus a meet/photo with Manson. In a controlled environment, where you get one on one time, not rushed and crazy. Where its like 100 people. If MM did this as open concept, you know how many people would show up and then how many would leave disappointed and pissed off that they waited for x amount of time and didn't get to meet him? Plus, Manson seemed to be having A LOT of fun with this. So, why not do it again if the fans love it and MM loves it?
Win win as far as I can see.
=)
BTW.,
Early access is irrelevant for the show I am attending since its all seated anyway!

I agree completely. Plus it's good for those who don't normally go to rock concerts and don't want the hassle of fighting through crowds. And as you said, some people don't want to wait for hours in line for a possible opportunity.

Swede
12-22-2012, 11:07 AM
I was very skeptical about buying me a backstage ticket but I changed my attitude after participating in this event. Take this chance and meet manson. It is clearly worth the money. It is organized very well and it was a happy and pleasant manson I met, he received me with a personal feeling and I got comments from him. I do not think everything is all about money for him. The question is if he even earn some big money on this meet and greet? Maybe, just maybe, it is a way to show love back to his fans? No, how silly of me to think that way ..

MissZombilicious
12-22-2012, 11:21 AM
I never said that it is disgraceful for a person to buy a GT ticket. I think it is disgraceful that they are sold. It's also not great for the average Manson fan, it's only great for the Manson fan that has this kind of money leaving the Manson fan with the lower income bracket completely left out.

It's disgraceful that he is charging people money to meet him when they have bought his CD's, merch and tickets to his shows over the years. You have to remember how many bands have done this for FREE, or at least a LOT cheaper as a thank you to their fanbase for supporting them over the years. (Nick Cave, Swans, Tea Party, Neubauten). They need to can that early entry bullshit too.

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post, MissZomb. Since when is 43 old? There are so many bands that age and much older who are still at the height of their careers, releasing great albums and performing better then ever. I also don't care how many blowjobs you've given to security guards (... Classy).

Alright, I thought that you meant that it was disgraceful to actually buy a GT. So you are of the opinion that Manson owes the fans something? I disagree, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. You want him to be the proper rockstar but when he is actually acting like an arrogant rockstar, you complain. Paradox my dear. But I know what you mean and I respect your opinion. Well, I am on a sickleave (kind of equivalent to the dole that you have in Australia I think) so I am really at the bottom of the food-chain. I saved up money for the GT, it took me some time. And I did that because I thought it was worth it. And from what I have read in this thread, a lot of his fans think it's worth it.

And comparing Marilyn Manson to Einstürzende Neubauten and the Swans. Well, I don't say that Manson is superior to them muscially. Einstürzende Neubauten have done more for music than Manson. But they are not as big as Manson when it comes to popular culture. They would never sell 50 GTs for 150 dollars for over 50 shows. Great that they made it cheaper or even free for their fans. But let's be reasonable, The Swans don't sell out venues that Manson sells out. I'm not talking quality here, I'm talking quantity and popular culture.

I personally think it's a great thing that we get the possibility to meet Manson under organized circumstances. I don't care if Manson gets money for it, I can leave with a smile on my face. Worth it. I know I know, you will probably come with your sell out-argument again. Still, no one is forcing anyone to get that ticket. And a lot of bands are actually using the GT-service, Rob Zombie did it too. It's not like Manson is doing advertising for something. The day Manson promotes something he hasn't created himself or he isn't involved in, I'm on your side.

I didn't say that 43 years is old. Not at all. All I am saying is that he of course isn't acting like a pissed off twen anymore, all the famous backstage-party days are over. There is no whiskey and speed. That doesn't mean that he can't rock anymore. That just means that he has evolved. Sure, that evolution isn't all positive but still, times change.

Enough about this!!!] I hope that everyone will have an amazing time with the GT-experience. I have done it and I definitely think it's definetely worth the money!

(Well, and I never said that I was classy. I'm probably the opposite of classy. I was 17 years old when the whole blow job-incident happened. Long time ago and nothing I'm ashamed of because it felt like worth it at the time.)

AssetReign
12-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I think the debate over whether or not the Golden Ticket offer is pathetic or not has been mulled over enough. If a thread like this exists, for those especially who missed out the last time, it should be just for people to discuss their excitement over their opportunity to say hello, get a picture and some other nice perks. It adds to the concert experience and so what if you have to pay for it? I am going to this show by myself and staying in a hotel by myself for the first time ever on a Manson trip so the Golden Ticket experience that I got fucked out of last time is something that is definitely going to make the trip and concert worthwhile. Hope everyone has fun.

This is one of my favorite threads simply because it highlights Manson's diversified fan base and (sometimes polar opposite) perspectives.

"I still hold my opinion in that it's pretty disgraceful.

I'll probably be getting one again.

got mine(s)

What's a gold ticket"

12-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Alright, I thought that you meant that it was disgraceful to actually buy a GT. So you are of the opinion that Manson owes the fans something? I disagree, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. You want him to be the proper rockstar but when he is actually acting like an arrogant rockstar, you complain. Paradox my dear. But I know what you mean and I respect your opinion. Well, I am on a sickleave (kind of equivalent to the dole that you have in Australia I think) so I am really at the bottom of the food-chain. I saved up money for the GT, it took me some time. And I did that because I thought it was worth it. And from what I have read in this thread, a lot of his fans think it's worth it.

And comparing Marilyn Manson to Einstürzende Neubauten and the Swans. Well, I don't say that Manson is superior to them muscially. Einstürzende Neubauten have done more for music than Manson. But they are not as big as Manson when it comes to popular culture. They would never sell 50 GTs for 150 dollars for over 50 shows. Great that they made it cheaper or even free for their fans. But let's be reasonable, The Swans don't sell out venues that Manson sells out. I'm not talking quality here, I'm talking quantity and popular culture.

I personally think it's a great thing that we get the possibility to meet Manson under organized circumstances. I don't care if Manson gets money for it, I can leave with a smile on my face. Worth it. I know I know, you will probably come with your sell out-argument again. Still, no one is forcing anyone to get that ticket. And a lot of bands are actually using the GT-service, Rob Zombie did it too. It's not like Manson is doing advertising for something. The day Manson promotes something he hasn't created himself or he isn't involved in, I'm on your side.

I didn't say that 43 years is old. Not at all. All I am saying is that he of course isn't acting like a pissed off twen anymore, all the famous backstage-party days are over. There is no whiskey and speed. That doesn't mean that he can't rock anymore. That just means that he has evolved. Sure, that evolution isn't all positive but still, times change.

Enough about this!!!] I hope that everyone will have an amazing time with the GT-experience. I have done it and I definitely think it's definetely worth the money!

(Well, and I never said that I was classy. I'm probably the opposite of classy. I was 17 years old when the whole blow job-incident happened. Long time ago and nothing I'm ashamed of because it felt like worth it at the time.)

Swans actually do sell out same the venues as Manson, Nick Cave out sells Manson tenfold and these are the bands who have done it for free. I don't think Manson owes anything to anyone but I do think it is selling out and taking advantage but more so, I think it is alienating poorer fans. I'm not going to debate this with you because I agree with Dv5's point that it has been mulled over enough.

I don't want Manson to behave like a tween but I think that is EXACTLY what he is doing right now. Come on, "No Reflection" is a VERY fuckin' tweeny song.

To those getting a GT, good on you. Have fun. I think it's fucking lame but I didn't say that to put you down or anything. Like AssetReign said, it's all just perspectives.

Lydia
12-22-2012, 02:19 PM
I totally agree with you on this. It's Bon Jovi or Bieber-eseque to sell the privilege of meeting you. There are lots of other artists who meet and greet fans for no charge.

Norsefire
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Well he's done it and is doing it. So either buy it or don't buy it, but either way it's going to happen.

As pointed out a few times we all have different opinions on it. I hope everyone has a great time like they did on the last run with Golden Tickets! (imo it's worth doing)

M Tragedy666
12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
The only thing I wish, (and I'm surprised no one brought this up as opposed to the tired debate of whether he should/should not do these pay-to-meat-him things) is that they added/changed some features for this leg of the tour. If I buy a Golden Ticket, it will be the same crap I got last time. A mask and a t-shirt.

It would be cool if there were more package ideas and different things you could do or get.

Also, I know it means a lot to you people, but I HATE how these companies actually even bother to include the "early entrance" in their package. They aren't GIVING you that. That is just simply part of what it means to be there and inside the venue early. It's stupid to use that to make it seem like you are getting one extra thing. It's actually on the list of things you will get to try and trick and seduce you into thinking it's worth it. Early entrance is bullshit. It seems so crazy to me that some people actually bought these specifically for the early entrance last time. They were all like, "I don't really care about meeting Manson, I'm actually paying the 150 just to get in early". That doesn't make sense to me.

I'll be getting the Wisconsin date GT.

Lydia
12-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Well he's done it and is doing it. So either buy it or don't buy it, but either way it's going to happen.

As pointed out a few times we all have different opinions on it. I hope everyone has a great time like they did on the last run with Golden Tickets! (imo it's worth doing)
I won't be buying one of these packages. I have previously stated my opinion about these paid meet and greets even before Marilyn Manson did them, and I don't see the harm in restating that opinion. It's not like Marilyn Manson doing them would change my opinion.

Cringeon
12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
As pointed out a few times we all have different opinions on it. I hope everyone has a great time like they did on the last run with Golden Tickets! (imo it's worth doing)Agreed, had a blast at mine and most people going really are glad they did it. Can't wait to hear how the next leg goes, and see more awesome pics!

MMCollector
12-22-2012, 05:54 PM
i will be buying my ticket tonight im soo freaking excited about this never though i would EVER get this opportunity now i just have a hard time in thinking of what to say to manson when i meet him.Does anyone know if twiggy has showen up to the meet and greets before the show or will he be doing soundchecks up in too a few mins before they let people in the veune?

alexasmith
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Long time lurker, figured it was time for me to sign up. Has anyone gone to a Meet and Greet by themselves? I'm considering it, but I don't want to feel insanely awkward.

Norsefire
12-24-2012, 05:27 AM
I've seen and met up with people by themselves at the meet and greets, so even if you don't have anyone to go with you can still have a good time on your own. Maybe some members of Provider Module might be at the same show doing the M+G, so maybe you could plan to meet up with them.

Hazekiah
12-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah, not everyone who wants to attend the Golden Ticket events has a buddy on hand who's willing and/or able to fork over 150 extra bucks to go both the show and the meat-and-greet so there's actually quite a few people there by themselves even if they came with someone else. Nothing to worry about there. You'll also likely spend quite a while in various lines and holding areas with each other inside and outside the venue, so there's plenty of time to get to know your fellow Golden Ticket concertgoers.

Hope you have a great time!

I'm sure you will.

:)

i will be buying my ticket tonight im soo freaking excited about this never though i would EVER get this opportunity now i just have a hard time in thinking of what to say to manson when i meet him.Does anyone know if twiggy has showen up to the meet and greets before the show or will he be doing soundchecks up in too a few mins before they let people in the veune?

Unless they make a specific announcement that Twiggy will absolutely not be at any of the GT m&g events then there's really no way to know until things get underway next month, sorry. At the previous pre-show GT m&g events in Europe he did not, but that was on a different tour with a different pre-show schedule so it's hard to say if it would be the same for the upcoming shows. But then the only member who's been guaranteed to be at ANY of them is Manson so even when Twiggy was showing up at them regularly it was still just a special treat and not a surefire thing.

Just keep your hopes up, check your GT e-mails and check back here after the 18th of January, but go into it ready for anything, regardless.

alexasmith
12-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Okay, that's good to hear :) I'll head over to the tour thread.

MMCollector
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
thank you haz for the information that is good to know i will definitely have to be ready for anything for when i go to the concert im also glad to know i wont be the only going by themselves so it wont feel so awkward lol..February so far damn away lol

J.Lecter
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
How many g.t. are usually sold at a show?

Shangri-LIE
12-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Well, last week I got my purchase confirmation e-mails, but no further e-mails with instructions. I spoke to someone else who ordered one and they haven't received their follow up e-mails either. Has anyone else had this problem? The confirmation e-mail says additional info will be dispatched within 1 - 3 days, and it's been almost a full week.

Toxica
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, last week I got my purchase confirmation e-mails, but no further e-mails with instructions. I spoke to someone else who ordered one and they haven't received their follow up e-mails either. Has anyone else had this problem? The confirmation e-mail says additional info will be dispatched within 1 - 3 days, and it's been almost a full week.

I just got one extra email today...I expected it quite a few days ago. I'd give it another day it or two. The email I got though didn't give me a lot of info... still waiting on that!

J.Lecter
12-27-2012, 11:09 PM

Let's see, I've gotten: Your Ticket Order Confirmation; Insurance Confirmation; Your Tickets Have Been Printed!; The One and Only Golden Tickets, Inc. Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation; www. theoneandonlygoldentickets.com Order Confirmation.
That's it . . . no follow up emails yet. Maybe they're late because of the holidays?

Toxica
12-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Let's see, I've gotten: Your Ticket Order Confirmation; Insurance Confirmation; Your Tickets Have Been Printed!; The One and Only Golden Tickets, Inc. Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation; www. theoneandonlygoldentickets.com Order Confirmation.
That's it . . . no follow up emails yet. Maybe they're late because of the holidays?

I got the order confirmation, the receipt and the form that asked a couple questions like who will be picking up the ticket. That's it.

Norsefire
12-28-2012, 10:54 AM
If you're waiting on the information that says what time it will happen etc. then they normally send that out around a week before the show. Even then they may email on the day of the show to make a change in times or anything. So it's always best to be able to check your emails right up until the day of the show, where in my case they either re-confirmed the information or changed it.

Shangri-LIE
12-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks guys :)

TheTeletubbieFlasher
12-28-2012, 04:54 PM
I totally agree with you on this. It's Bon Jovi or Bieber-eseque to sell the privilege of meeting you. There are lots of other artists who meet and greet fans for no charge.

So should the show also be free? Maybe some people can't pay in boobs.

MMCollector
12-28-2012, 05:05 PM
i got an email today on the ticket confirmation..im so glad my concert is on feb 11 since i will have no school that day...

Lydia
12-28-2012, 07:09 PM
So should the show also be free? Maybe some people can't pay in boobs.
No, free signings are totally cool in my books.

fishtifer
12-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm also a long time lurker and first time poster. I'm totally excited to finally have an opportunity to meet MM, it added a huge amount of excitement during my Christmas break! If it was free everyone would go and try to meet him and the biggest fans would maybe get only a few seconds for a signature. I think it's totally worth it, no waiting all day around the venue bullshit.

The closest I got to MM in the past was during the Golden Age of Grotesque tour in Vancouver 2003 I believe, I waited outside the venue all day near the tour buses with some other fans, the band members started to come off the buses, John 5 and Ginger Fish stopped to talk to the fans and sign autographs, but Pogo and Skold both ignored everyone and walked straight into the venue. Then MM came out last and quickly rushed into the venue while waving to us. After the show I got to hear about how some of the young little brats that were in line with me getting backstage passes and they got to hang out with most of the band, and MM made a very brief appearance. It just seemed so unfair, I flew from Calgary to Vancouver for the show and was hoping to get to meet MM but no luck for me, until now!!!

One question though, is MM kind of goofy and a little drugged up like in his recent interviews during the meet and greets?

Norsefire
12-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Manson is Manson. From what I saw it's that the meet and greet is what you make it. If you want to go in there and have a bit of a laugh with Manson then you can do that. If you want to go in there and ask him a serious question then he will be serious with you. Some people don't even really say anything to him, but he will talk to them and get them talking.

But obviously no one can say how Manson will behave with each person, so I'm just saying what I've seen myself and also what I read about from other meets. But everyone seems to have a good time whatever happens.

fishtifer
12-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Manson is Manson. From what I saw it's that the meet and greet is what you make it. If you want to go in there and have a bit of a laugh with Manson then you can do that. If you want to go in there and ask him a serious question then he will be serious with you. Some people don't even really say anything to him, but he will talk to them and get them talking.

But obviously no one can say how Manson will behave with each person, so I'm just saying what I've seen myself and also what I read about from other meets. But everyone seems to have a good time whatever happens.

Cool, I have a couple questions for him and in some recent interviews I've seen him respond with silly answers. So excited!!!

Shattered Dream
12-29-2012, 11:46 AM
So is it more of the older fans dropping $150 to meet Manson, or is it the newer fans? I can't really tell at this point. I won't drop anything over $100 to see a concert, unless it's Prince of The Rolling Stones. Sure, it's cool to meet the guy, but is more of a want than need.

AssetReign
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I doubt a m&g is a "need" (rather than a "want") for anyone other than Teena B, and we all know she's crazy.

Cringeon
12-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Met lots of old fans, and lots of newer. Even some parents with kids who are newer fans which was really cool. A good amount of the people from the forums who have been are older fans as well. It seemed pretty well rounded, just like the audience at the show.

Shattered Dream
12-29-2012, 05:15 PM
More album signings than this cash grab, plz.

J.Lecter
12-31-2012, 12:07 PM
ALL of this is a 'want' for us . . . want the experience, want the memories. But for Manson it is a 'need' . . . a need to make money and a need to validate what he does.

I definitely 'want' to meet him. I don't 'need' to meet him nor do I 'need' to spend my money in this way. :P

Toxica
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM
ALL of this is a 'want' for us . . . want the experience, want the memories. But for Manson it is a 'need' . . . a need to make money and a need to validate what he does.

I definitely 'want' to meet him. I don't 'need' to meet him nor do I 'need' to spend my money in this way. :P

In fact, I really need NOT to spend the money... but there it goes :P It'll be worth the enjoyment for some of us though!

TheTeletubbieFlasher
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
I doubt a m&g is a "need" (rather than a "want") for anyone other than Teena B, and we all know she's crazy.

He has so much cocaine coursing through his veins that just one touch you become addicted for life.

J.Lecter
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Hahaha! My 'follow up' email was in my spam folder. Good thing I emailed G.T. about it . . . they said it was already sent . . . December 26th it was!

darluh
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
I really hope that this is going to be PRESHOW as it says in the confirmation email. I don't get how everyone looks so good after being bashed to death during the show. Did the emails sent out for the M&G during the Twins of Evil tour say PRESHOW too? I have a feeling it's still going to be after the show lol.

I am going to the meet and greet alone. I hope I don't cry and look rediculous.

Shattered Dream
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
^Because those people weren't right up in front. You would think the more true fans would want to do the meet and greet and be right up in front, no? Then again, most of the truer fans won't spend $150.

Shangri-LIE
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
It is a need and not a want because some people may become suicidal if they miss out on the opportunity. So, for some it is a need. $150 dollars to meet "God". lol

Shattered Dream
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
^Lawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlalwalw awl.

Norsefire
01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
I really hope that this is going to be PRESHOW as it says in the confirmation email. I don't get how everyone looks so good after being bashed to death during the show. Did the emails sent out for the M&G during the Twins of Evil tour say PRESHOW too? I have a feeling it's still going to be after the show lol.

I am going to the meet and greet alone. I hope I don't cry and look rediculous.

Apart from a couple of shows in Europe all the rest stayed Pre-Show, so it's possible they will run all these or at least all of them as Pre-Show. It's always best to keep checking your emails for updates from them incase it does chance.

^Because those people weren't right up in front. You would think the more true fans would want to do the meet and greet and be right up in front, no? Then again, most of the truer fans won't spend $150.

It's mixed, with Golden Ticket providing early entry then a good amount to get up front. Not all go up front, depends on what people want to do. Non of this has anything to do with being a "Truer Fan" which is a truck full of crap anyway.

FeedYourHead
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Golden Tickets is totally hiring right now.
https://www.adventuresinwonderland.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2049

just saying.

Hazekiah
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
The ideal candidate will:

Have experience touring with artists, ideally both domestically and internationally.
Be able to work in a team, co-ordinating meet and greets, hospitality and physical setup and breakdown of each meet and greet.
Manage logistics for your own schedule day-to-day including but not limited to co-ordinating transportation, travel and accommodations, communicating with artist's and managers and dealing with on ground personnel including promoters, security, box office.
Be able to create daily reports for our office team and communicate effectively with them throughout your time on tour.
Be serious about position and be a good representation of our company while out on the road.

Check.
Check.
Check.
Check.
Check.

Have a valid passport and clean criminal record.

Che--...goddamnit.

:-\

Elizabeth Casto
01-13-2013, 08:19 AM
i look at the golden ticket thing this way..its more money he will have to produce more stuff. art/music/movies arent cheap and how else would he be able to finance all this shit if the fans dont support him? art is also part commerce. you cannot truly divorce the two in today's world.

J.Lecter
01-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Check.
Check.
Check.
Check.
Check.

Che--...goddamnit.

Yea, I imagine a good chunk of people here can't qualify because of that very last item.
Sadly for me that's one of the few things on that list that I can 'check'.

Tigger
01-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Check.
Check.
Check.
Check.
Check.

Che--...goddamnit.

LOL! Before my last Manson show I was able to check off both valid passport and clean criminal record. Goddamn you, Texas!!!

:P

Lydia
01-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Also, it does state "This is an LA based position. We will not consider applications coming from outside of Los Angeles."

They don't want nutbars applying for the job.

FeedYourHead
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Because there aren't any nutbars in LA.

Lydia
01-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Because there aren't any nutbars in LA.
Eliminating wackos who would relocate for a low-paying job is a good start.

J.Lecter
01-15-2013, 10:07 AM
·Priority Early Entry Show Access
·Marilyn Manson Mask
·Exclusive Limited Edition T-shirt
·Official VIP Laminate
·Meet Marilyn Manson (Photograph + Signature) - preshow -
·Rockstar VIP Service Provided By The One and Only GT

. . . is what the G.T. gets you. Now a question because I'm just so slow . . . the Signature, that means he'll sign something we bring?

Cringeon
01-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes.

J.Lecter
01-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Yes.

GREAT! Now I have to think about what I want him to sign!

fishtifer
01-15-2013, 10:22 PM
GREAT! Now I have to think about what I want him to sign!

Check out the VIP m&g autograph photos thread, it will give you a good idea of what looks good signed, also a peak at Manson's two signatures....

Shangri-LIE
01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
I am still wondering if Twiggy will be there. In my confirmation e-mail it says MM but it doesn't say MM/Twiggy Ramirez. I wonder for those who were at the last M&G's if your confirmations had both Twiggy and Manson, or if they just said Marilyn Manson and Twiggy was just there as a bonus?

Norsefire
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I am still wondering if Twiggy will be there. In my confirmation e-mail it says MM but it doesn't say MM/Twiggy Ramirez. I wonder for those who were at the last M&G's if your confirmations had both Twiggy and Manson, or if they just said Marilyn Manson and Twiggy was just there as a bonus?

I don't think Twiggy was ever mentioned at all. I'm sure it was always Marilyn Manson, Twiggy was always a bonus if he was there.

As for signed items, if it's anything like ours in the UK, GT said 1 thing to be signed, but MM was signing two things for most people. So just have the stuff ready to be signed and as long as you're not taking all day about it I'm sure you can get a few things signed there. I saw a lot of masks getting signed, it's always something cool if you don't have two items on you.
I always took my main thing I wanted signing and then just something else if there's a chance for another thing to be signed.

Cringeon
01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
It's also possible he may sign something else completely ;)

Norsefire
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
It's also great to see Manson just think up stuff there and then to suit different people. One guy got his ass signed at Birmingham "I was here (but not queer) MM"

gunz
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
It just said manson and they announced twiggy was there with manson as we were standing in line to meet just manson.

J.Lecter
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
It's also possible he may sign something else completely ;)

I'm not letting him sign anything I don't want him to . . . I'd get into a fight with him first. =D

Shangri-LIE
01-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I wonder if there is a way to make an arrangement with the GT management in order to pick up the merchandise AFTER the show. I am going to be in the pit area, if not the railing and holding onto a mask, a lithograph, and a t-shirt while trying to mosh and knock people around, (let alone being able to get into the show), seems kind of ....impossible.

Norsefire
01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
At the UK pre-show meet and greets you were let back outside before the early entry so people could take stuff back to their cars... but then if you don't have a car or anything to store your items then it's a good question! You should email them and ask them about that, they might be able to work something out at the venue, or maybe the venue has a place where you can store stuff anyway like your bags etc?

Cringeon
01-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Most venues will have coat checks so you could try that too. That or you could hide your shit in bushes ;)

AssetReign
01-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Maybe he could ask Teena to hold them for him while she's pacing the outside perimeter of the venue marking her territory?

Shangri-LIE
01-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Maybe he could ask Teena to hold them for him while she's pacing the outside perimeter of the venue marking her territory?

I might. I stalked her at one of the shows last year. She had no idea. I could easily hide it on her and then mug her afterwards. Thanks for the ideas guys.

J.Lecter
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Hmmm, the coat check might be the answer for me . . . . though if I have him sign my bra then I don't have to worry! =D

Shangri-LIE
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Have him sign something from your childhood. I haven't even packed and I leave tomorrow morning, wtf. Anyway, yeah, have him sign something random...like a parking ticket or something. I remember I had a court date on the day of a Mushroomhead concert for underage drinking, and I got them to sign my court papers.

Elizabeth Casto
01-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Have him sign something from your childhood. I haven't even packed and I leave tomorrow morning, wtf. Anyway, yeah, have him sign something random...like a parking ticket or something. I remember I had a court date on the day of a Mushroomhead concert for underage drinking, and I got them to sign my court papers.

i like that idea. it would be hilarious if i had him sign my copy of the last unicorn.

alexismbench
01-18-2013, 10:33 PM
All of this talk about Golden Tickets and meeting Manson is just making me feel depressed since I wasn't able to do the VIP package when he did his show here in SLC! Damnit! I am so jealous of everyone who gets to/has done this!
And, I don't care that some say it wasn't like they expected it to be, and the whole thing is rushed, I was down to do it anyways since I know I will probably never meet Manson any other way than the VIP opportunity.
Oh, how I am filled with so much regret *sigh*. I didn't have that kind of money at the time.
Everyone that is doing the VIP package, please don't forget to post your pics of you with Manson once you receive them in the thread specified for that!

Norsefire
04-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Adventures in Wonderland just announced they will be doing VIP packages for MM. Details coming next week!

Lillith
04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Well fuck you too Golden Ticket.

Hazekiah
04-11-2013, 02:41 AM
I mean, if you REALLY wanna meet him then you've got a chance. If not then it was next-to-impossible anyway. I don't really see the problem here.

Lillith
04-11-2013, 02:57 AM
It's not like that, I've just never really liked the whole meet & greet package/idea. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Hazekiah
04-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Well, that's only because you forgot to substitute the letter A.

;)

Manson101
04-11-2013, 12:13 PM
it's safe to say it'll be $150 and $450 packages again right?

Norsefire
04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I would expect so. Would be cool if they changed it about a bit, like a new shirt or something for those that have already done the previews M+G's.

Manson101
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
i have a feeling they will

marilynmansonsmysoulmate
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I can partially agree with Lillith here. Except doing this once for the cheaper package and post show with Twiggy was special. It's not something to keep giving your money too and be proud of though. Its going to be pre-show only now it seems and golden tickets treats you worse then. Manson makes some money off it not much. I've seen some people turn crazy though. They make threats if they cannot have another chance to meet Manson a second or third time because they can't help but think they can be friends with Manson. Manson doesn't even remember fans who pay to meet again. Many people have told me so from personal experience.

Lillith
04-11-2013, 10:47 PM
I can partially agree with Lillith here. Except doing this once for the cheaper package and post show with Twiggy was special. It's not something to keep giving your money too and be proud of though. Its going to be pre-show only now it seems and golden tickets treats you worse then. Manson makes some money off it not much. I've seen some people turn crazy though. They make threats if they cannot have another chance to meet Manson a second or third time because they can't help but think they can be friends with Manson. Manson doesn't even remember fans who pay to meet again. Many people have told me so from personal experience.

I've done the M&G's multiple times. I've met him without the meet & greets. I just don't like paying to to be able to meet someone. For me it's to much like a petting zoo of some kind. I paid for it to support him. And not to say I wouldn't do it again if the mood struck me, but seeing how I'm going to something like seven shows. I'm not really gonna be doing it every time for several reasons. My other issue though and it won't be as much this time. Is that you got early entry with em and made it hard to get a good pit spot. Plus I have heard some reallllllllyyyyy bad stories about how the GT people have behaved at some of the shows over in Europe.

sexy.sushi
04-12-2013, 02:09 AM
I agree with you girls. M&G can be a great opportunity to meet him but some people are getting crazy with it, and now you're obliged to get it if you want to be front row... Do you have an example of what happened in Europe? Because I was there and it sucked much more than in the USA (I read a lot of reviews). I think it's good to do it once but you can become addicted to it, really, when paying is your only way to hope becoming friend with MM, it becomes hum "noxious" (i don't know if it's the good word in english). MM may enjoy it because he's doing it again (or maybe it's only for money, I can't tell..), but it makes the relation you have with him very fake.. The only positive aspect is you can have the opportunity to have backstage passes from him if he finds you sexy or funny and spend a "real" moment backstage. Which is much harder (I can say impossible) unless you know a band member personally or a roadie.

crowfaerie
04-12-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm so jealous all of you who live in America. You just always get so much more than we here in Europe... I'd really like to see and meet him again, and I could pay for it again, as I've only done it once. People who do it so many times... I don't quite get it, but well, everyone does what they want. If I were rich I would pack my things and travel again I guess, but this time I have to let it go. America is too far away. I wonder would he remember me still. :p

Norsefire
04-12-2013, 04:58 PM
I haven't heard of any really bad stories about the Golden Tickets during the European tour. I have read a few comments where people were disappointed because it seems they paid for a meet and greet and got a meet and greet but was expecting something more.
The amount of people doing them and the time to do it in, it's not going to last forever and it will be quick. I think some people think they're going to get more than what was advertised.

kleiner352
04-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Anyone who thinks MM wants to be their friend because they were willing to pay crazy money to say "Hi I like your music" and get a signature are clinical at best, really.

Korpz
04-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Anyone who thinks MM wants to be their friend because they were willing to pay crazy money to say "Hi I like your music" and get a signature are clinical at best, really.

Exactly!

Also, for myself, I would probably pay for the M&G for any show I attended. Its simply one more thing to throw money at. Just as I would any other expenditure. Its just something for either personal satisfaction or need.

Do I expect anything more from the man, nah, he sees thousands (faces blur away). I don't know him as a person so I have no idea how we would interact on a personal level. Though I would like to (or think I would like to) be part of his inner circle, its not something I would expect to ever happen, nor something pursued. I find allot of what he does and says fascinating and amusing, and of course I still enjoy the fuck out of the bands music and goings-on.

Celebritarian Needs....

Norsefire
04-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Meets and Greets are a funny thing when you think about, everyone going in to see Manson knows quite a bit about him, yet he doesn't know a single thing about the people he's meeting. Must be a weird experience for him too sometimes. People react differently to him, some talk, some don't, some break down and cry about it and then there's Teena Byrd.

Tater
04-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Some talk, some don't, some break down and cry about it and then there's Teena Byrd.

I'm getting a tattoo of that.

04-13-2013, 10:48 PM
What ever happened to Teena Byrd?

LittlePistol
04-14-2013, 12:37 AM
I enjoyed the M&G in SF....but....I don't know if I would do it again. Part of me would want to just because the first time meeting him was so like....mindfucking that I don't remember half of what went on haha. I also always want to be in the front, and the VIP definitely made that easier. That said....I wouldn't pay money over and over and over to do it. I don't agree with the idea that he is being 'fake' at the M&G. I didn't get that vibe at all. To me he seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself, and it was a really good atmosphere. Yeah it was rushed and crowded etc but for me, it being the first time I met him, I feel like it was the best way to go about it.

TongueTwistingStorm
04-14-2013, 03:10 AM
I did the M+G at one show and also had a pass, so stayed after it. My experience was incredible, very influential, but that really had nothing to do with the whole Golden Ticket part - that was, well... not golden. I'll bite my tongue, but they were pretty rude and judgemental. Far from a VIP experience or treatment. I got at least a few minutes with Manson & Twiggy during it, but I observed one of the pre-show ones and it was like "okay, you've had your 30 seconds and scribble, move along or we'll get the cattle prod out". I didn't feel that he was fake or disinterested at all, but once the GT people were gone, he seemed more relaxed.

As far as whether I'd do it again... no. The highlight of my year so far was standing in the freezing cold while wearing entirely inappropriate clothing, listening to one of my favorite songs being soundchecked. Sure, I could have been in a warm building standing in line to meet HIM, but that sort of experience is what I enjoy about life - organic, unplanned, somewhat magical, more meaningful. Had I opted for the M+G, I'd have been $150 lighter and not had such an incredible experience. I was still on the rail, and my spot was only slightly worse than when I had the GT early entry.

The rub is that I'm a very strong believer in supporting artists and their work, and this sort of thing is one way of doing that. I'm not sure how much the GT / AIW people take, but I am not comfortable giving them any money after my experience.

As far as people having high expectations... the GT people marketed it as an "after show party" and "VIP experience" themselves. Manson himself discussed it in interviews beforehand and made mention of strippers and absinthe tasting. Pretty much why I did it. The actual thing consisted of standing in a line forever, going in and saying "hi, I love you" and getting your item signed. Then standing on line again forever to have a couple photos taken. Then leaving. They may have changed their description, but it was very misleading advertising.

Bottom line: if you're the type of person who doesn't mind impersonal autograph signings, then go for it. But if you're expecting a meaningful opportunity to become buddies and an exciting atmosphere the entire time, you're going to be sorely disappointed. Again, I'm torn, because Manson is an amazing person, very kind, charismatic, funny, and there is definitely something otherwordly about him - his presence fills a room and he's someone who should be experienced up close and this is something you likely aren't going to be doing otherwise. I guess my advice to anyone considering it would be that if you have the money and understand what you'll be getting, do it. If this is going to break your bank account, it may not be worth it in the long run.

I rambled, apologies... hopefully that made sense.

marilynmansonsmysoulmate
04-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Golden Tickets lets bands even exclude some fans and not even let them go in room with band. Mars has done it and GT let them er excuse me Wonderland. And people complain on their facebook and they tell them to call a woman to share their experience and complaint on their hotline. Then they delete negative comments a.s.a.p. on their facebook. I am certain they do it pre now only because its no co-headline like before. Its either opening act or co-headline where other band does their own meet n greet with managers and stuff. Manson should do that. I think if you want to go for Twiggy you got lucky first meet n greets only. If you are even looking to be a Manson groupie and you keep paying you wont get that. Just wait until after concert is over since v.i.p. finishes pre-show now. Wonderland is bad at emailing back. I emailed last Friday and still haven't heard about meets being pre or post show. To do it again I would need to win lottery or have a really good job and be well off enough to do more than just buy needs for myself. If you get Manson v.i.p. every single tour you will eventually run out of things to say you can't get all personal and your whole life story on the man.

TEENA BYRD was banned from meet n greets.

Norsefire
04-16-2013, 06:59 AM
They're probably not going to respond to the amount of emails they're probably getting about people asking about Marilyn Manson. So I doubt they will be responding to any of them when they're about to announce the details anyway. They said it would be this week, so expect to get your answers then.

Elizabeth Casto
04-17-2013, 04:21 PM
i dont want to get all "personal" with him. id bet a $1k that he doesnt even remember me. And the only thing i want to ask him is if he would draw a dick on my face. preferably near my mouth. :)

FeedYourHead
04-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I just want to point out that it is Thursday and still nothing. That is all.
/impatient.

Norsefire
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
They should add it either tonight or tomorrow then. They made another post saying keep checking their website. I just checked their site, and also Manson's old page because last time I think that was updated with the new dates, but it's still got the old dates listed on it.

marilynmansonsmysoulmate
04-18-2013, 09:40 PM
My friend went a ways away to get to last Manson tour over half a day.
And she got backstage pass from Manson at preshow to go by tourbus after show. She claimed to have met Twiggy again and finally Fred but didn't post any pictures from the tour bus so who knows. Would Lindsay really be okay with Manson giving fans backstage passes for free and post show?

Honestly everyone should be thankful they met Manson once but to keep paying to do so and only preshow with no Twiggy is really short and Manson probably wont remember you.

sexy.sushi
04-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Yes, some fans were given backstage passes by MM crew during the M&G. And when you're in the bus chatting with MM, I hardly imagine fans taking their iphone to take pictures of it, it's a bit inappropriate and I think he wouldn't really like it, that's why you'll hardly find pictures of it :)

Cringeon
04-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Details posted today. Same pricing as before ($150 basic, $450 litho) but no word on if it's different shirt designs or anything. On sale date will be posted soon. It's listed as pre-show currently. Of course, as things have gone don't be surprised if something changes on that. Stay flexible.

marilynmansonsmysoulmate
04-23-2013, 10:10 PM
with no autographs from other band members even I don't believe they got invited backstage. But thats just me no physical proof no belief.

and if Manson is headline act its pre show he needs time to get ready after concert and performing first could make it post show.

beyondthepale
04-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Asking the band members or manson for autographs and pictures at the aftershow is annoying as hell. Anyone that does that has some guts. I've hung out with manson many times after shows in the past (not this tour) and I have no proof other than my passes and the fact that he knows me and recognizes me. I really don't care if people believe me either because it was my experience. Mm nor the band wants to be bothered with fan stuff when they are just hanging out. That would really destroy the mood. If you want to wait by the busses or go to meet and greets then obviously those are the appropriate times for that stuff. If you are invited to hang out with them, and watch a movie or just talk..that is not an appropriate time.

marilynmansonsmysoulmate
04-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Is Adventures doing v.i.p. in July for Manson or just June??

Norsefire
04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Don't know until they list them on their website. I'm wondering if that's why they haven't done it yet, because these new dates are being announced.

prettyasprinces
04-25-2013, 05:05 PM
they're on sale!

Norsefire
04-25-2013, 07:11 PM
AIW still haven't announced them yet. I see there's a new date added to their list for Kansas I think, although I guess the actual show hasn't been announced yet because the venue listed doesn't say a thing for MM/AC.

There's also two dates for New Mexico, which I'm thinking could be an error. I know MM has done two dates in the past, it's listed as the same venue and everything except only one date was ever announced. So maybe they might still be updating their page since they haven't announced them yet on their website or facebook, so I'm holding off putting them in the front page news until they announce them.

E.Banks
04-26-2013, 10:22 AM
I am real curious when they will be posting dates :/ I hope soon. Would like to get my summer concert lineup finished.

E.Banks
04-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I did just get to the dates from Manson's site http://www.adventuresinwonderland.com/category_s/1913.htm

Norsefire
04-26-2013, 04:25 PM
AIW have announced them now and they're on sale!
http://www.adventuresinwonderland.com/category_s/1913.htm

Also any/all errors on the page before seem to be fixed now, which is why I thought it was best to wait.

E.Banks
04-27-2013, 01:44 PM
I apologize order didn't know you did, next time I will message ya first or just leave it upto you, again my bad

Black Dahlia
04-27-2013, 11:43 PM
I want to do the meet & greet again, I want him to sign my pirates of the caribbean tin box with johnny depp on the front. And I want some more cool pics with him again, we look great together.

Norsefire
04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
A couple of fans have asked on AIW Facebook wall about VIP for the July tour dates and AIW confirmed they will be having VIP packages for those dates.
So keep an eye out for them to be announced.

https://www.facebook.com/WonderlandAdventure

E.Banks
04-30-2013, 12:34 PM
That will be awesome if they do them for the July dates.