PDA

View Full Version : Opening Act?

LittlePistol
01-30-2013, 02:06 AM
Wasn't sure if this was the proper place to post this or not...but I'm new *hides under rock* Dont kill me! Haha

How long does the opening act last? The Butcher Babies?

I only ask because I am not sure how much of them I can endure LOL

*shudder*

About how long does Manson's set last? I have seen from the set list he is playing in the area of 13 songs? But with set up in between just wondering about how long, if anyone has an idea.

Thanks guys!

buffylover29
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
at our show this is how it went down. we got early entrance at 6:30 to get front row - butcher babies 8pm-845pm...they sucked... manson at 9:30-10:45

Lydia
01-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I actually liked the Butcher Babies...they were pretty good.

LittlePistol
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Awesome thanks!

I have never seen them in person....

But I watched a few videos on youtube and I am NOT looking forward to it lol

The things I subject myself to in the name of Manson.

;)

Lillith
01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
About an hour/ hour and a half. Can't stand them. Remind me to much of Hooters Girls trying to be Rock Stars.

TongueTwistingStorm
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
I won't lie, I spent almost all of their performance in the Foundation Room at the House of Blues. The few times I wandered out, I scurried back to wait. This is why I wound up to the side on the rail. I'm honestly not sure I could've handled them up close and personal. Fortunately, I'm small and pretty agile, so I was able to make my way there. While freezing my ass off in the hours before I got in, I looked them up on YouTube and decided to risk not being up front for Manson...

Not putting them down, since I haven't given them an honest chance (and probably won't)... they're just not my cup of tea. Or coffee. Or any potable liquid.

Shattered Dream
01-31-2013, 12:25 PM
P.S. There has been worst acts.

J.Lecter
01-31-2013, 12:29 PM
I didn't keep track of the time, but yea, the Butcher Babies weren't great. The audience in Hamilton stayed in their seats, those that stayed to listen.

After the show (Manson) I heard someone say that he was only on for 45-50 minutes. They seemed pretty ticked, but I don't think they knew he was ill.

Tigger
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
^ Mansons set ran from around 9:30-10:45 :p

Last night they played Four Rusted Horses as encore tho, some shows have ended with the beautiful people, some tack on hate anthem and little horn, some just one of the two so it depends upon the show.

=)

Shattered Dream
01-31-2013, 01:17 PM
I didn't keep track of the time, but yea, the Butcher Babies weren't great. The audience in Hamilton stayed in their seats, those that stayed to listen.

After the show (Manson) I heard someone say that he was only on for 45-50 minutes. They seemed pretty ticked, but I don't think they knew he was ill.

It seems that way due to Manson speeding up a song or two.

Toxica
01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
I actually didn't mind the butcher babies. They weren't GREAT, but were better than I expected. If nothing else, the band was solid and has potential.