PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 Albums Incorporated Live

Indeed
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Just had an idea after hearing manson play four rusted horses live. I would really like if manson played more songs from THEOL,EMDM,BV.
As much as he doesnt like it, it would be awesome to hear songs like : If I Was Your Vampire , Are You The Rabbit , Running To The Edge Of The World, WOW, Disengaged , Were From America , Devour , Children Of Cain and i mean the list goes on. Like a 17 song setlist with just those albums. All new stage props and stuff. Like Running to the edge of the world had Evan in the bed all bloody. Are you the rabbit had the big chair. I dont know what are your thoughts?

02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
This idea is terrible, my friend.

thatrussianman
02-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I am a huge fan of those albums (on level with the triptych) but that idea completely misses the concept of live touring

I'm surprised he even played Four Rusted Horses in the first place, going back on his word about not playing anything from EMDM or THEOL this tour

Dirge Inferno
02-02-2013, 09:55 PM
I agree with you, Indeed, and you are indeed right, Indeed, for making this thread. He should play these songs from his 3 best albums.

DopestaR
02-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Except from the BV songs most of the fans have already heard those songs on the previous tours :p

M Tragedy666
02-04-2013, 02:13 AM
I completely agree. I've been saying something similar--that Manson should pull an Iron Maiden and do 1 greatest hits tour and then do an obscure song only tour and just switch on and off. There are way too many songs now to give any of the albums proper justice. Especially with such a split fanbase. Tour for his first 4 albums and then tour for his second 4 albums.

The sucky thing is, as fans, we are always behind the artist. The artist is always ahead of us artistically. Just as soon as we really start getting into the new album, it's not new anymore. Another one is coming out. I may not have appreciated the THEOL era as much at the time. I'd love to see another tour in support of that album.

Hows this for a setlist?

Hey Cruel World
Pretty as a Swastika
We're From America
Red Carpet Grave
Slo-Mo-Tion
Putting Holes In Happiness
Heart Shaped Glasses/Evidence
Overneath the Path of Misery
Born Villain
Devour
Pistol Whipped
Children of Cain
Blank and White
Arma...Geddon
No Reflection
Murderers Are Getting Prettier
Beautiful People

Encore

Disposable Teens
mobscene
If I Was Your Vampire

Think of ending the show with If I Was Your Vampire. ..."This is where it starts...this is where it will end..." and the band fades out and off the stage in a cloud of smoke.

2 or 3 of the songs could also be changeable depending on how they feel. Occasionally replace Pistol Whipped with Your So Vain, Devour with White Spider, Red Carpet Grave with They Said Hells Not Hot.

I'd pay for this show in a heartbeat.

mr.svperstar13
02-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Does anyone have a video of MM playing Four Rusted Horses?

King_Murderer33
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
There's a 45 second clip on the concert's thread along with a full audio recording on soundcloud. You can find the audio clip on here or via the PM Facebook page. :)

King_Murderer33
02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
That is if you're talking about the performance from a few days ago...

Lucille
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I was really sad when I heard he wouldn't play any EMDM songs live anymore. Just a Car Crash Away is incredible live! Same with If I Was Your Vampire and Evidence. Even Heart Shaped Glasses is fun live. No love for EMDM :(

As for THEOL I could care less personally, but I know a lot of people like songs off that album too.

Also, I realllly like the idea of doing a tour with just obscure songs. Imagine Five to One or Suck For Your Solution live! :O

DecayingSinner
02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but Twiggy can not play Skold's solos.

mr.svperstar13
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
There's a 45 second clip on the concert's thread along with a full audio recording on soundcloud. You can find the audio clip on here or via the PM Facebook page. :)

Can you link me please? I can't find it

grotesk_burlesk
08-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Sorry but IMO some songs just have to be played on every single concert because they're massive hits, (talking about songs like sweet dreams and the beautiful people). Songs like TBP and sweet dreams are some of his most famous songs, and casual fans, non-fans would be disappointed if they go a mm concert and don't listen to them. Can you imagine a Guns and roses performance without Sweet child o mine?

MechanicalAnimal
08-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Sorry but IMO some songs just have to be played on every single concert because they're massive hits, (talking about songs like sweet dreams and the beautiful people). Songs like TBP and sweet dreams are some of his most famous songs, and casual fans, non-fans would be disappointed if they go a mm concert and don't listen to them. Can you imagine a Guns and roses performance without Sweet child o mine?

Yes, I would praise to whatever God there is that I didn't have to suffer through it for the billionth time, not that I even like them. Radio overairplay is quite enough. But I get what you're saying.

But at the same time, I also feel like the majority of Manson's crowds at this point ARE the true fans, so switch it up. If the casual fans or non fans don't get to hear a song, sorry. Why are they there in the first place, especially if they are a non fan? And being a casual fan isn't an excuse to not learn other tunes. Those people can still give other albums a listen and learn other tunes. I feel like those people are just there to say they went to a Marilyn Manson concert, anyway. I don't know anyone that would pay $50+ to go see a band that they are a casual fan of and only know a few hit singles, but I'm sure they're out there.

grotesk_burlesk
08-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Yes, I would praise to whatever God there is that I didn't have to suffer through it for the billionth time, not that I even like them. Radio overairplay is quite enough. But I get what you're saying.

But at the same time, I also feel like the majority of Manson's crowds at this point ARE the true fans, so switch it up. If the casual fans or non fans don't get to hear a song, sorry. Why are they there in the first place, especially if they are a non fan? And being a casual fan isn't an excuse to not learn other tunes. Those people can still give other albums a listen and learn other tunes. I feel like those people are just there to say they went to a Marilyn Manson concert, anyway. I don't know anyone that would pay $50+ to go see a band that they are a casual fan of and only know a few hit singles, but I'm sure they're out there.
Well the best solution which I can think of, was that manson should start doing 2 hour shows divided in two parts. In one he would sing all the singles, and in the second his most obscure songs like most bands do.

vht
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
If Manson didn't play the shortest set in the history of headliners, this wouldn't be a problem. There's a whole lot of rarities that can fit into a 100 minute set list. But when he's barely out there for a cumulative 57 minutes, there's hardly any time for that.

MrBonestripper
09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
marilyn could play different or less heard songs more frequently and add new props, sure
i'm not opposed, even to tracks off of THEOL. he sorta bombed those tracks during that
tour from what i've heard people say.. but i know he can rock it now. he should go for it again
definitely wouldnt mind hearing IWTKYLTDITM or WOW, or RTTEOTW
that performance of RTTEOTW you were talking about was genius

i also wouldnt mind hearing songs that have never been played
flowers of evil would be neat
or LDYGDA, or OTPOM or BV
evidence,, has that been played live?
target audience
lamb of god
kaboom kaboom?
slutgarden?

though i agree songs like sweet dreams, TDS, DT and TBP
could be given a rest for a while
though in the end he's going to do what works best anyway i guess
and give what the majority of his customers want
its not like those songs don't drive the crowd wild

lunchbox, manthatyoufear, min of decay, IDLTDBTDLM, death song, mechanical animals and
ITSOTVOD would all be cool to hear again

MrPogo
09-07-2013, 12:16 PM
If Manson didn't play the shortest set in the history of headliners, this wouldn't be a problem. There's a whole lot of rarities that can fit into a 100 minute set list. But when he's barely out there for a cumulative 57 minutes, there's hardly any time for that.

Yeah. He does more like 70 odd minutes on his own tours (rather than the co-headlining), but it's still a really short set compared to most acts. 90 minutes plus is the norm for acts with more than a couple of albums, and most bands with as long a history as Manson are doing two hours plus. Even Lady Gaga did an almost three hour set comprising pretty much everything she'd ever recorded, and that was with two and half albums under her belt!

Zsa Zsa
09-07-2013, 08:36 PM
From the last three albums, the only song that I want to hear live is Overneath The Path of Misery. It's a goddamn shame it hasn't been played live yet.

Indeed
09-14-2013, 04:12 PM
The reason the big albums were so great was because each tour promoted them greatly and played a lot of those tracks. I think the modern Manson should only play his new songs and the odd rare song or single. Heres something realistic and something awesome.

1.Murders Are Getting Prettier Everyday
2.Love Song
3.Four Rusted Horses
4.Pretty As A Swastika
5.Running To The Edge Of The World
6.I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies
7.The Flowers Of Evil
8.Tourniquet
9.Sweet Dreams
10.LunchBox
11.Overneath The Path Of Misey
12.If I Was Your Vampire
13. Hey Cruel World..
14. No Reflection
15. Antichrist Superstar
16. White Spider
17. 15

MechanicalWood
06-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I wish they had played Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms. That was my favorite song from Born Villain

Freeston3r
10-30-2014, 03:36 PM
I enjoy the 3 past albums a lot. EMDM is one of my favourites. High End Of Low has a special place in my heart. Not all of BV was good but it was still half decent. Anyway here's my perfect setlist if he was only touring those albums:

Vampire
Pretty as a $
Devour
Over neath the path.....
Murderers
[Putting holes in happiness instrumental interlude]

Just a car crash away
Running to the edge ....
Leave a scar
They said that hells not hot
[slomotion instrumental interlude]

No Reflection
Heart shaped glasses
Armagoddammotherfuckingeddon

[wow instrumental interlude]

Hey Cruel World
Wight Spider
EMDM
We're from America
Into the Fire

DecayingSinner
11-16-2014, 02:32 PM
I have always been surprised at how little Pretty As A Swastika has been played. It's heavy and short... and fits almost any era of Manson.