PDA

View Full Version : Those hoarder programs

Allycat
02-20-2013, 05:47 AM
I have a morbid fascination with these. As I only have antenna tv, my friend who lives two floors below me, lets me watch them on her satellite tv. She often DVr's them. For a time, she wouldn't let me watch these shows as she worried that I was getting rid of too many of my possessions, lol. I will say that watching a recent hoarders: buried alive did prompt me to scrub thr tiles in my bathroom and knock down some cobwebs in other rooms. I'm very tidy,mas well as minimalist, but don't seem to mind dust!

Crazy_Baby
02-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh yeah I like to watch these too now and again, they're strangely addictive. Some are worse than others though, I remember one where not only was the house a total disaster but she kept loads of cats, then when they were getting rid of all of her junk they found a load of dead cats in there. Blech!
Whenever I need some motivation to clean up and get rid of some stuff I always throw an episode or two on, works every time!

Halo Infinity
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
It makes being a bit of a neat freak all the worthwhile in some ways. =P But yeah, the episodes with pets dying were just shockingly horrid and putrid. I haven't really watched them, but I heard of them when I was searching for Opie & Anthony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-1Xa3weXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6GAtZrWkNs

Allycat
02-25-2013, 05:20 AM
^ Oh, Thanx for those clips. I'll watch them soon! Btw, love your Elaine avatar!!!

Edit: listened to Opie & Anthony's comments. I'm in full agreement. I, too, get sooo sick of that victim mentality, as well as the bleeding heart fucktards who make excuses for these needy personalties.

Btw, I have fibromyalgia and am on ssdi for it, but, for chrissakes, I can clean and pick up after myself, and run errands, too. All on my own! Imagine that. Many disabilities don't render folks HELPLESS.

I feel baldy for hoarders' NEIGHBORS. I'm sure their home values go way down, not to mention, their being invaded by vermin from the hoard in their 'hood.

I agree: bulldoze these homes! As for the 'rights' of hoarders, well, fuck that. If you're that grossly irresponsible and impact others around you that badly, then your rights should be jettisoned.

Btw, my landlady is a hoarder to some extent. She is always buying stuff, but ends up rarely using much of it. There is a room across the hall from my apt which is used as a storage room. She has soo much stuff in there! I keep some boxes and milk crates for the time I will be moving, which I hope will be within thr next 2 years. She has junk in thr basement: mostly bags of unwashed laundry which by now is mildewed. And needs to be thrown out. Her own apt is a hoard. She hasn't stepped foot in her pantry for well over 12 years as the floor is so cluttered in there one can't walk in the area. Her youngest niece, who lives with her, told me she has seen mice. I had a mouse over a year ago. Yikes! Her eldest niece , who lives on the ground floor and is my good friend, thinks she had seen a mouse in her apt, too. We both attribute the mice to my landlady's hoard. I keep crumbs swept and wiped up. I bought a devise which uses the electric system to set up a kind of force field which irritates rodents' central nervous systems.

Celebrity Killing Spree
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
They should just call those shows "dead cats."

Anyway, some of those people have legit problems but I've definitely seen episodes where the person was just lazy. The only thing that's the same about them is my own enjoyment of their televised humiliation.

MrPogo
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2076822/Richard-Wallace-hoarded-rubbish-seen-space.html This guy's some sort of cousin of mine.

Dysmorphia
02-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Those shows make me want to purge all of my belongings. I'm friends with a guy whose parents are hoarders; I went to his house on a few occasions and it was pretty disturbing. The people in those shows need serious psychological help, I don't really think that receiving it on a TV show is best but if it helps them then I suppose that's good.

Halo Infinity
02-27-2013, 07:22 PM
This show is sort of motivating in a way. It just adds more reasons as to why I'd want to remain a neat freak, and it just goes to show how monstrous squalor can really be, and how messiness isn't always tantamount to convenience.