PDA

View Full Version : Masters of Madness [139]: Jun 04 2013 - USANA Amphitheatre - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Norsefire
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Tuesday 04 June 2013
Masters of Madness - Shock Therapy Tour
Venue: USANA Amphitheatre

Tour date confirmed by venue. www.facebook.com/usanaAmp (http://www.facebook.com/usanaAmp)
Tickets on sale March 8: http://smithstix.com/events/item/root/alice-cooper-and-marilyn-manson

http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599210_10151481253009847_301276000_n.jpg

Members Attending:

Cringeon

alexismbench

Hazekiah

May Gunn
Seņor Pinche
slappyDUMMY
Black Dahlia

alexismbench
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
I will be there for sure.

thousand_kisses
03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
possibly. waiting patiently (sort of) for the other dates to come out to see if there are any other western U.S. dates.

Hazekiah
03-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Might as well go ahead and list me as CONFIRMED for the whole tour. :D

Cringeon
03-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Fucking stoked, let's all get together for a drink or something before the show. I think I'll get a new absinthe order in to have it in time - thankfully I got time to set aside funds for any show related goodies.

Norsefire
03-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Some kind of presale going on here: http://www.kber.com/common/page.php?pt=Bearfest+2013&id=513&is_corp=0

blue angel
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking of making a trip out of attending this show.
It may be more fun than just waiting around for close dates. I can do one of those too, of course!

thousand_kisses
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm thinking of making a trip out of attending this show.
It may be more fun than just waiting around for close dates. I can do one of those too, of course!

i was thinking similarly -- mini vacation, maybe spending a couple days before the show down in the moab/arches national park area, then up to SLC for the show, then home the next day

Cringeon
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
More Modules at a show is never a bad thing. I would love meeting anyone who heads out here.

alexismbench
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Confirmed for the Pit. I'm kind of a bit nervous about being in the pit, but at TOE I had pretty decent seats but felt like I was still too far away from the stage. I'm like 5'0 tall... If I get there early I should be alright as far as being able to see the show, right? I haven't ever been in the pit at Usana, in fact it's been a good 10 years since I've ventured into the pit area at any show.

Anyways, I'm super excited for this show! I'm down for any pre-show get together, Cringeon, so when we get closer to the date of show, let's all figure out where to meet up :)

slappyDUMMY
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
omg you fools! I'm totally going to be there as well! I never thought SLC could bring me joy... boy howdy was I wrong. I did notice though that there are not selling the meet + greet stuff? :( If they are, I cannot find it! And I'm totally down to get involved in meeting up with PM people. Forever.

slappyDUMMY
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I totally wanted to buy some very expensive tickets and feel like I got shafted but then meet the band and feel like I did the shafting. :(

slappyDUMMY
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
You guys I can't quit posting I am too fucking excited.

Norsefire
03-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Right now there's no mention or details for VIP for this tour. I'm sure the last two times they announced that a bit after the tour announcements, but you never know if it's going to happen or not. If it does get announced it will be posted to the front page news, thread made etc.

slappyDUMMY
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
yeah I just want to buy tickets now now now so excited sooooooooooo much

Black Dahlia
04-14-2013, 02:08 AM
I just brought tix for this show, but now i'm thinking How am I going to get there? I live in Ca. But it was one of the closest shows where I could be in the pit. I want to drive to this but i've never driven this far.

Cringeon
04-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Getting to Salt Lake City is easy if you can get on I-15, brings you right into town. There's going to be a good number of us at the show, so get in touch with anyone if you need any info.

slappyDUMMY
04-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah we all should attempt to gather somewhere if wanted. I know not everyone will buy the same ticket (if they stagger them; if that adventures in wonderland thing goes through). It would be cool to meet in person in a non internet predator type way. As the day gets closer I could probably do some looking into the area around and find a nice safe public place.

Cringeon
04-14-2013, 07:20 PM
There's some pubs on 5600w around 3500s. We could meet up for lunch and drinks.

slappyDUMMY
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I am totally down. I'm taking leave for those days. Totally down.

Cringeon
04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Copper Creek isn't too far from Usana
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1435712/restaurant/Salt-Lake-City/West-Valley/Copper-Creek-Pub-Grub-West-Valley-City

I actually live like 2min from the venue, so anything is good with me.

Cringeon
05-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Might be having some absinthe at my place before the show. If anyone wants to hang/throw in on drinks, I have big enough place and am only 2mi up the road from Usana. I'm probably going to be tight on cash if I grab any merch, thinking may be cheaper to pitch in on a bottle.

slappyDUMMY
05-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Is anyone doing the meet thing? It's like 150 right? Yikes. So stoked. I took the week off.

Black Dahlia
05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
I can't go, I have to work. Dammit!

slappyDUMMY
06-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Ohh it's getting closer!

Cringeon
06-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Only have to get through work tomorrow, and then have Tues and Wed off. Fucking stoked for the show.

slappyDUMMY
06-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Did anyone else do the adventures in wonderland thing? I am reassuring my finances and about to make the purchasing plunge! Oh my!

slappyDUMMY
06-03-2013, 05:32 PM
oh goddamnit nevermind it says they are sold out. This really plays into my intentions to go. Should have bought them sooner!

slappyDUMMY
06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a02142b5f37ca2d40afab911c40aafe4/tumblr_mnuf4q09GP1rgh7cio1_1280.jpg
It was my own fault for waiting so long. Now what.

Norsefire
06-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Cringeon said they performed Coma White instead of Great Big White World.

There's photographs online already!
Photos: Marilyn Manson thrills in Masters of Madness Tour
View them here: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment2/56412598-223/madness-manson-marilyn-masters.html.csp

Cringeon is in one of the pics!

Cringeon
06-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Just got home, amazing show. GBWW was replaced with Coma White, no Little Horn or Pistol Whipped. Got to meet Jason and Spencer for the first time which was cool. Band was on fire, MM sounded great. Hate Anthem he ripped up a Book of Mormon. AIDS tie is back for PJ. They sound checked The Reflecting God, might be added soon. There was also definite filming going on by one guy on stage with a camera.

alexismbench
06-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Hey everyone, I haven't been on in some time because I've been dealing with some personal stuff that has been keeping me occupied lately (I haven't even been on my Facebook in over a month...) but I wanted to say that TONIGHT'S SHOW WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!
I was close to the stage (maybe 3 or 4 rows of people back in the PIT), and Manson looked and performed AMAZING!!!! I'm still really excited, so I apologize with all of the crazy jabber so far!
My boyfriend took some amazing photos (from what I could tell from scrolling through the preview screen) so I will post them as soon as I can. I even caught a page from the Book of Mormon that Manson tore up during IHA. So freaking awesome. Once I calm down a bit, I'm sure I can give more detail of what a great performance this was! Manson performed 100% better during this set than he did at last year's show that I saw on October 1 (with Rob Zombie). He is at the top of his game right now for sure!
Again, sorry I've been MIA for awhile... but now I'm back!
Cringeon, I looked for you, but I didn't see you... but I'm assuming you were probably front row because you did the VIP? I was going to try to get a hold of you earlier today to see if I could meet up with you, but I was running around like crazy all day. Was that an amazing show, or what?! My only complaint is that I wish Manson would've performed a bit longer. It seemed like Cooper's stage took a little bit of time to set up, so maybe that's why, I don't know.
I loved seeing the duet between Manson and Cooper for "I'm 18." Manson even kissed Cooper's shoe during the song... awesome!!!

EvilDead
06-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Hey everyone, I haven't been on in some time because I've been dealing with some personal stuff that has been keeping me occupied lately (I haven't even been on my Facebook in over a month...) but I wanted to say that TONIGHT'S SHOW WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!
I was close to the stage (maybe 3 or 4 rows of people back in the PIT), and Manson looked and performed AMAZING!!!! I'm still really excited, so I apologize with all of the crazy jabber so far!
My boyfriend took some amazing photos (from what I could tell from scrolling through the preview screen) so I will post them as soon as I can. I even caught a page from the Book of Mormon that Manson tore up during IHA. So freaking awesome. Once I calm down a bit, I'm sure I can give more detail of what a great performance this was! Manson performed 100% better during this set than he did at last year's show that I saw on October 1 (with Rob Zombie). He is at the top of his game right now for sure!
Again, sorry I've been MIA for awhile... but now I'm back!
Cringeon, I looked for you, but I didn't see you... but I'm assuming you were probably front row because you did the VIP? I was going to try to get a hold of you earlier today to see if I could meet up with you, but I was running around like crazy all day. Was that an amazing show, or what?! My only complaint is that I wish Manson would've performed a bit longer. It seemed like Cooper's stage took a little bit of time to set up, so maybe that's why, I don't know.
I loved seeing the duet between Manson and Cooper for "I'm 18." Manson even kissed Cooper's shoe during the song... awesome!!!

AWESOME! I see him tomorrow night way down in LA. I'm still way up here in Canada. Getting ready for a California vacation. I have been checking up everyday reading the reviews. I guess playing shows on a regular basis for almost a year and a half pays off. When the shows first started last February I thought Manson was just to old to be the same as he once was. But wow.. he has proven me wrong. I saw him back in February this year and it was unreal. Best live show I have seen from anyone since 2001. And from all the reviews this new leg seems to be getting even better. I hope we get a new album sometime next year. And I hope he does not take to much time off from doing live shows. He needs to keep the momentum going. Anyway.. great review. Has me even more excited now.

Cringeon
06-05-2013, 11:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqMuOzzmkE

AppleOfSodom
06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqMuOzzmkE

Just WOW its all I have to say, the band sounds perfect and Mansons voice is so strong right now.. Hes recovering the body of it and is giving the songs their original strengh and shape. I missed these Sweet Dreams.

AssetReign
06-06-2013, 12:01 AM
And I hope he does not take to much time off from doing live shows. He needs to keep the momentum going.

Conversely, if he decides it's the right time in his life to shift his focus to other creative projects & artistic endeavors, I hope - given the high level performances to date - he decides this tour will be his swan song (as far as touring is concerned.)

Charles2012
06-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Wow. That performance of Sweet Dreams was brilliant.

0m3ga
06-06-2013, 01:54 AM
Conversely, if he decides it's the right time in his life to shift his focus to other creative projects & artistic endeavors, I hope - given the high level performances to date - he decides this tour will be his swan song (as far as touring is concerned.)

If Manson does decide to do a farewell tour, I'd like it to be announced beforehand, a lot more nostalgic, not so much of the big singles but rather the fan favourites, longer shows and real effort.

A lot like the AAG tour.

That Sweet Dreams performance is fucking spectacular. Sounds like it belongs on TLTOE

Wormboy96
06-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Angel with The Scabbed Wings, Coma White & Personal Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2HsirvqAc

Cringeon
06-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Another clip, I wish there was a good recording (damn you Haz jk). The band/MM were fucking fierce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QgKz0N8USY