PDA

View Full Version : Masters of Madness [140]: Jun 06 2013 - Gibson Amphitheatre - Los Angeles, California, USA

Norsefire
03-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Thursday 06 June 2013
Masters of Madness - Shock Therapy Tour
Venue: Gibson Amphitheatre

Date announced/confirmed by latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-greek-gibson-2013-concert-schedules-unveiled-20130306,0,4702420.story) - Tickets on sale Mar 28 http://concerts.livenation.com/event/09004A6FD97F8547

Members Attending:

Hazekiah
May Gunn
thousand_kisses
CreepyKlutz
Tater
Dumbass

thousand_kisses
03-09-2013, 10:55 AM
going

Lillith
03-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Gonna try my damnedest to go to this one.

thousand_kisses
03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
bought tix thru that link and now i'm kind of nervous about it since it seems like you dont even get to know where you sit until two weeks before the show. really hope i dont get screwed on this and wish i could cancel the order

Norsefire
03-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Well since it's their members thing which seems to me like an exclusive pre sale for them you'd think they'd give you good seats. Odd they never had info on the seats though, I always like to know where they are if I'm sitting at a show so I can find better if they're a bit shit.

VelvetAIDS
03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Will be there. No questions about it.

Cringeon
03-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Will be there. No questions about it.
Pants or no pants?

VelvetAIDS
03-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Pants or no pants?

Considering the pants are still off.....I'll get back to you.

Hazekiah
03-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I'd say bring 'em just in case.

Pants can always come off.

Gamblersxvmark
03-12-2013, 12:25 AM
So ill be going on the amtrack or greyhound anyone wanna help me out once i get to L.a. ??Not really familiar with that area?

LittlePistol
03-12-2013, 01:29 AM
^Also thinking of Amtraking it myself, and totally not familiar with L.A either....LOL

Hazekiah
03-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Greyhound's overpriced and ghetto as fuck and Amtrak can't guarantee arrival times since they rent the rail access from freight lines which cut them off for hours at a time at random.

Anyone coming from San Francisco (or Oakland, San Jose, or Vegas!) needs to go to www.megabus.com (http://www.megabus.com) and wait for departures in the month of June to go on-sale (probably in about a month). The buses are brand new, they all have wi-fi and outlets at each seat, and they drop you off right at the major city transit hub which will get you the rest of the way to the venue dirt cheap.

Oh, did I mention that MegaBus prices for the trip start at ONE DOLLAR???

Better be careful, though! There's a reservation fee of FIFTY CENTS, lol.

MegaBus is THE SHIT. It's swank as hell, super-prompt, and it'll save you a bundle.

Just catch the 6 a.m. or the 8:15 a.m. departure from San Francisco (I wouldn't recommend Oakland if you have the choice) and you'll be there in plenty of time to use public transit the rest of the way. Hell, buy tickets for both just in case...if you miss the first then you've got a decent safety net and it only sets you back a couple bucks so why not. But cancel the second if you make the first, someone else could most likely use that seat.

Just make sure you buy early! The tickets are priced by demand so the faster the seats sell the faster the price rises.

Hope to see you guys there...good luck!

:)

Gamblersxvmark
03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Cool thanks
For the heads up Hazekiah! You are awesome ..littlepistol ! Let's do it! I don't wanna go by myself lol im a total pussy

Black Dahlia
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Thnking about going.

Tater
03-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Inexplicably I bought a ticket for this so most likely going to wind up attending. Count me in~

Lillith
03-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Can anyone explain which ticket is which for this show? I don't want to be buying anything other than pit.

VelvetAIDS
03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Can anyone explain which ticket is which for this show? I don't want to be buying anything other than pit.

It doesn't say....

I just coughed up the dough for the most expensive.

Lillith
03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Ok this was confusing apparently since right now they are only selling subscription based tickets, if you want to buy actual "seats" and not a subscription you have to wait till ticketmaster start selling them I think around the 21/25 of March. Someone might want to call and confirm the date.

thousand_kisses
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Ok this was confusing apparently since right now they are only selling subscription based tickets, if you want to buy actual "seats" and not a subscription you have to wait till ticketmaster start selling them I think around the 21/25 of March. Someone might want to call and confirm the date.

so...if you bought a ticket using that "presale" option, you don't actually have a ticket to get into the show and i just wasted $103.00 to have....nothing??? now i'm confused.

Lillith
03-16-2013, 07:33 PM
so...if you bought a ticket using that "presale" option, you don't actually have a ticket to get into the show and i just wasted $103.00 to have....nothing??? now i'm confused.

I think you have a ticket to the show, but how it was described to me when I spoke with them on the phone is that you are paying for x number of shows at the venue, and they don't have a seating chart yet. I had to call them twice, and barely got a straight answer. They also hung up on me before I could confirm the Ticketmaster details.

Norsefire
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
I just saw someone ask on MM's Facebook if the LA show is still happening. I can't see it listed on either MM.com or his Facebook events, Alice Cooper's tour page still lists it though.
Anyone know anything?

Dumbass
03-22-2013, 01:33 PM
So i message Steve Coy about an hour ago, answered 7mins ago.
Q: Steve, is the June 6 @ the Gibson amp cancelled? dont see it on the site and not even on ticketmaster.
A: Still happening but I think the "official" announcement is later.

Norsefire
03-22-2013, 01:52 PM
After LAtimes already announced it and had a sort of members presale thing you'd have thought it would have been announced already.

Thanks for the info!

Dumbass
03-22-2013, 02:05 PM
After LAtimes already announced it and had a sort of members presale thing you'd have thought it would have been announced already.

Thanks for the info!

yea thats what exactly came to my head. I know under the alicecooper site its still listed and he's already selling his VIP package for the this date

Norsefire
03-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Livenation have added this date now, tickets on sale March 28!

http://concerts.livenation.com/event/09004A6FD97F8547

Dumbass
03-26-2013, 07:23 AM
presale tix onsale tomorrow for livenation/mobile app. Will be attending this show. And sidenote: 95.5 KLOS is giving tix all this week. almost one a pair, i was caller 24 and they were looking for caller 25. then later on the day was caller 23 :mad:

EvilDead
05-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I will be there.. I LOVED the Calgary and Edmonton show so much and the LA show is going on the same time I will be down there.. perfect

Will be there for sure and just purchased my ticket yesturday.

LittlePistol
05-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Pretty sure I am going to be there.....by awesome coincidence I am heading south to Long Beach for the tattoo convention that weekend anyways, and had planned on leaving for socal on the 6th...so....might as well make a pit stop right? I don't know yet if I just want to do VIP, or just the show, or both yet. I will be coming alone too which sucks but will hopefully provide the opportunity to meet up with some of you guys ;)

LittlePistol
05-16-2013, 03:59 AM
So officially got my tickets and VIP pass. Eeek!

Just wondering, any other out of towners going? Where are you planning on staying at?

Any locals recommend any decent hotels in the area/Los Angeles?

Gamblersxvmark
05-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Starting to get a tad bit nervous : | lol don't know how to get around in l.a ..going
Solo this time so this should be interesting

LittlePistol
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM
2 days!!

Can't wait!

Any people going from the forum going to/want to meet up at the show?

AssetReign
06-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I'll be there, but working. (psyched to see them perform together tho.)

Shangri-LIE
06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
This show is for Paris, ya'll.

AssetReign
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
This show is for Paris, ya'll.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/06/marilyn-manson-paris-jackson-suicide-attempt-concert/

gunz
06-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Sweetheart status ^

Norsefire
06-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Eli Roth is at tonight's show, he just put a photo on Instagram and said he dedicated a song to Paris.

not sure on the song, but seeing as the red double cross is down, maybe Disposable Teens?

EvilDead
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Eli Roth is at tonight's show, he just put a photo on Instagram and said he dedicated a song to Paris.

not sure on the song, but seeing as the red double cross is down, maybe Disposable Teens?

I just got back to my hotel by disneyland.. had to skip Alice Cooper. Band was amazing and yes that was for Disposable Teens. He wore the pope outfit for Personal Jesus. He played Coma White instead of Great Big White World and did not play encore after Beautiful People. He did sound good but 2 or 3 times was singing at the wrong parts. Really messed up second verse in Sweet Dreams but came back for the ending better then I have heard him sing it in a long time. Still an amazing show but the crowd was know where even close to as good as the Show I saw in Edmonton in February. Band 10/10 Crowd 7/10

thousand_kisses
06-07-2013, 12:02 AM

yes, disposable teens

0m3ga
06-07-2013, 01:18 AM
I just got back to my hotel by disneyland.. had to skip Alice Cooper. Band was amazing and yes that was for Disposable Teens. He wore the pope outfit for Personal Jesus. He played Coma White instead of Great Big White World and did not play encore after Beautiful People. He did sound good but 2 or 3 times was singing at the wrong parts. Really messed up second verse in Sweet Dreams but came back for the ending better then I have heard him sing it in a long time. Still an amazing show but the crowd was know where even close to as good as the Show I saw in Edmonton in February. Band 10/10 Crowd 7/10

So what did he do for the second SD verse?

VelvetAIDS
06-07-2013, 03:45 AM
His dedication of Disposable Teens to Paris Jackson gave me a good chuckle and it was great to hear This Is The New Shit live.
There were more fuck ups than just Sweet Dreams, if my memory serves me right (a bit foggy right now-just arrived back home) everything post-Coma White had a decent amount of tomfoolery.

shrubberyhorizon
06-07-2013, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyoxJD4Lmjk good vids here

Shangri-LIE
06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
The rap before The Beautiful People. Introducing Rock is Dead as a Doors cover. The timing fuck up of Sweet Dreams. The silliness/trollish/childlike behaviour. I fucking love it. LOL. Sometimes one song becomes an entirely different song. Too bad I am missing out on this leg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtXicjjqpgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7hCurIDfZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSAoTdujWcU

Everything is different in the world of Manson. *ques banjo

Norsefire
06-07-2013, 03:27 PM
So did they just get more LED flashing signs with words? there's even one up the side of the keyboard stand now. I never noticed more being added until I saw videos and pictures from this show. (you can see them in the SD video)

Heather Quick
06-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm Eighteen. Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKATDnltuJ4

Norsefire
06-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Pleased to see he wore the AIDS tie for another song, I was told it was This Is The New Shit... but just saw on instagram he also wore it for Irresponsible Hate Anthem. :D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/07/article-0-1A32A13D000005DC-738_634x739.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/07/article-0-1A32A13D000005DC-738_634x739.jpg

Scorpion
06-07-2013, 07:43 PM
That must feel so good, Norsefire. Your favorite musician (I suppose) wearing something that you gave to them on stage for 1~2 years.

Norsefire
06-07-2013, 07:57 PM
It's just since Nov, but yeah it's pretty fucking awesome. It's more surprising it's lasted in one piece really. It was made for me to wear one night... not for Manson to abuse almost every night on his tour, but I'm pleased he's enjoying it.

Mexxecutioner
06-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Awesome how great this tour looks. And it seems like the connection between Alice and Manson is perfect. It's a shame that they only tour in America. I'd love to see them here in Europe.

AppleOfSodom
06-08-2013, 07:21 AM
I love how pissed he stays when he fucks up. Yes fucking great leg and his voice is top now

Heather Quick
06-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Great videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/tarantulaman/videos

Norsefire
06-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Great videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/tarantulaman/videos

Great stuff! Thanks for the link!

kleiner352
06-08-2013, 02:15 PM
The more I've seen of this current leg the more I'm excited to see how it progresses considering they seem more comfortable changing things up than they have in a while. AWTSW being back really makes me thrilled, and here's to hoping we see more long-dead songs get revived.

LittlePistol
06-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Just got home from L.A......amazing show.

I saw him in SF in Feb but this one was so much better. Shorter which sucked but he was totally off the rails haha. I loved it. He made up his own lyrics/rants/random conversations whenever he felt like it and it was awesome. He was all over the place, throwing things into the crowd, he even hopped off the stage during TBP and went mostly over the rail into the crowd, security was flipping out. They barely got him out of there, he almost got completely pulled in haha. I was super jealous I wasn't on the floor. I was hoping I would be able to sneak down but they had stupid ass security guarding every entrance to the pit.

Meet and greet was awesome, saw Fred a bunch of times while we were waiting in line, and then Twiggy came out and said hi and was signing things for people, and taking pictures. I got one (I will post later). He was so sweet about it. Manson was awesome and sweet as always, got my shirt signed and two photos. He was quite chatty this time lol. When I went in for the photo I said 'hello handsome' and he said 'hello beautiful'. I almost melted hahaha. I asked for a kiss on the cheek and he didnt even hesitate just grabbed my neck/face and gave me a huge kiss (complete with kissy sounds) hahaha. I have no idea how the photos will turn out he did a fair bit of face squishing lol. Totally worth it....amazing show...band sounded great...and Manson was having an awesome time it seemed.

Can't wait until I can do it all again.

Heather Quick
06-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Full concert, multicam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEznPVq1ccE

NapalmHeart
06-10-2013, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1jR9ZG9GU

What's Manson saying at the beginning ("I wish that someone would pull a gun out,..."). Where's that from? Fancy Bitch?

0m3ga
06-12-2013, 05:25 PM
What happened during Sweet Dreams there? His vocals were off during the verses and the chorus cut in where the pre-chorus should have been? I thought for a bit the pre-chorus was going to have the chorus instruments, which would have sounded pretty sweet.

ArchDandy80
06-13-2013, 11:26 AM
This was another great show! My 4th (and I believe last) of the year. I was, as always, front and center. I got some decent video clips which I'll post later. I even managed to catch the big baggie of "drugs" that he threw into the crowd WHILE I was filming with the other hand. Not too shabby! (The drugs are delicious by the way, I still have a bunch left!)

He did stumble a bit during Sweet Dreams (fortunately not literally on those stilts! He's a brave man for getting on those while intoxicated). I could see his face pretty clearly and it looked like he was trying to remember what words were supposed to be next. With Manson though, even a fuck up becomes part of the act.

It was my first time seeing Cooper live. I'm not a HUGE fan of his, but I respect his music and what he did for the genre. Hell, there probably wouldn't be a Marilyn Manson were it not for Alice Cooper. Although his music doesn't do that much for me, he sure did put on a great show, and the two of them taking the stage together was epic.