PDA

View Full Version : Noises & Samples Born Villain

Norsefire
04-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Hope you don't mind but I gave these threads a merge. I know they're different songs, but I thought maybe a more general thread might work better?

There's some interesting stuff hidden in Born Villain too, there's the bits in No Reflection, but also at the start of Flowers of Evil there's something being said. It's really slowed down and distorted though and you can hear it throughout the intro, it's stronger in some places than others, but it's there until the song really starts up.

Marsmind
04-21-2013, 04:20 PM
If you turn your speakers to the left side only and the treble way up bass way down, you can hear Manson say in the beginning of No reflection "How do I fight , Fight club ?" then a Seri voice "that's illegal" whispers " Wet pussy "..garbles, then Seri voice again, "Wet pussy fight god " Try listening to The path of misery beginning and the flowers of evil beginning like that too, oh and one says "Hey Steve how are you? reversed it says " turn it back and you'll see it" I tried it in my car , my laptop and with other things, pretty sure that's what it says. but I could be wrong i guess.

thatrussianman
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
I've been desperately trying to isolate the audio on Born Villain to hear every insrument, vocal, etc. and today playing Breaking the Same Old Ground in my car I realized that the noise at the beginning is not a gun clicking like in Pistol Whipped, but the winding up of a music box. While I'm sure everyone was aware the sounds of a music box are used on BTSOG, it is sort of interesting to discover that Manson intended you to hear him winding up a music box and having BTSOG "play" from it.

It makes you think that maybe there is more to the song than meets the eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtU46q9hGS0

Pestilence
05-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Wait... you thought that was a gun?

The Empirical Guy
05-07-2013, 03:08 AM
Yeah... sorry, but I thought it was pretty obvious as a music box from first listen.

Hazekiah
05-07-2013, 03:32 AM
I thought it was obviously supposed to be both.

:P

Atom
05-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes, it's the winding up of a music box. No, it's not any sort of secret. It's incredibly obvious.

thatrussianman
05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I know it's not a secret but I really thought it was a gun

Thanks for the one person who didn't go back just to see if I was right and then dissing me for not knowing about it

Atom
05-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the one person who didn't go back just to see if I was right and then dissing me for not knowing about it

That wouldn't be possible because you are literally the only person who has listened to and will ever listen to that song and not realize immediately that it's a music box being wound up in the beginning.

thatrussianman
03-03-2014, 12:29 AM
That wouldn't be possible because you are literally the only person who has listened to and will ever listen to that song and not realize immediately that it's a music box being wound up in the beginning.

Wow I'm here several months later looking for evidence and analysis and I forgot: You're a fucking asshole.

03-03-2014, 10:16 PM
God. I miss Atom.

arkahno
03-08-2014, 09:59 PM
ok, I know you are gonna make fun at me, but, I'm pretty sure about this, If you hear carefully, in "overneath the path of misery", after manson screams "HIGH", right after that, there's a "MEOW", it is like a cat, I hear it all the time, I have tried different kind of ecualizations in my player, and in some modes is more easy to hear, while in other modes is impossible to hear, but there it is.

Cringeon
03-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Not a cat, but indeed MM has a few different takes of HIGH being sang. Some of them are his very high octave and the timing naturally is slightly off so you get a little tail (ha!) that extends in some takes.

arkahno
03-08-2014, 10:10 PM
no no, I mean right after he screams, I mean I know theres different kind of "high"s putted at the same time, but in the second right after that is where you can hear a cat.

Cringeon
03-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Nope, not hearing it lol.

Twiggz
03-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but i've been listening to Born Villain alot lately, and i've got some new headphones, they're pretty shit hot, alot better than my old ones...and i've noticed on Breaking the same old ground, panned hard left, is what i think is Pink Noise, its not throughout the whole track, just bits its amplified more in different parts....

i remember reading this....

"there are parts of this new record where I want people to feel shitty, where I use sounds that only dogs can hear that humans can't hear that actually make you nauseous inside, just because I was looking to meddle with people's reactions, but much more orchestrated from a directors point of view, as someone who wanted to tell a story, who wanted to tell people something that they would feel a reaction from."

from my knowledge (not massive on the kinds of noise that can be generated) Pink noise, is used in some sound therapy to help people relax and drown out the sound of "life"....when you listen to constant pink noise, it can often send you off to sleep...in the right environment of course...its usually used to filter "binaural beats"

ive never heard of Pink noise making people feel weird or shitty, but i've only ever used it or heard of it being used in what i've mentioned above....and to EQ/Tune a room...

might be nothing, might be my tired ears playing tricks on me...but, thought i'd put it out there for others opinions :-)

has anybody heard or know what other tracks might have these "sounds" that will make us feel shitty, or even experienced feeling crap whilst listening to Born Villain...

Nemoris Inferioris
03-03-2016, 07:28 PM
I do know that he used Brown Noises that do make you feel nauseous, which really kicks in around Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms.

cataract777
03-03-2016, 09:00 PM
The whole album makes me nauseous.

I kid I kid I kid