PDA

View Full Version : Gay Pride?

Shangri-LIE
05-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I am not proud to be a heterosexual. So why are gay people so proud? What have they accomplished? All us fuckin' hetero's do is reproduce dumb asses who kill the planet. I can understand gays wanting rights, or the illusion of rights, but I don't see where the pride comes in because at the same time they aren't procreating which is nihilistic and will someday make our species extinct as more and more people are deciding to become homosexuals. Either way we're all screwed...in one way or another.

Cringeon
05-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Some people see gay as a flaw, which is why it's common for people to throw insults like gay/fag as derogatory ways to try and demean. Of course it's from the far right here in the US, but thankfully shit changes. Half our country will pass marriage equality in the near future. We are 1/4 there and I don't see the momentum shifting the opposite way. Pride comes in being able to survive and achieve happiness. It's not like GLBT people are going to start rounding up heteros to lynch them, so until the current geriatricracy dies off, and younger generations can bring the US up to modern times there's going to be a sense of struggle.

Emma
05-17-2013, 03:45 AM
DV5 I'm not sure how much of your post I can take seriously. You say:

I don't see where the pride comes in because at the same time they aren't procreating which is nihilistic and will someday make our species extinct as more and more people are deciding to become homosexuals. Either way we're all screwed...in one way or another.

this is a ridiculous argument. People do not choose to be gay and just because the tide is turning and gay rights are being established more and more does not mean straight people are going to, In their droves, stop being straight until there are no straight couple on earth. That's flat earth, extreme right bigoted speech and I think you're putting that out to see what you get back,

If you are so petrified about what giving gay men and women equal rights will mean to you I suggest you need to figure out what is wrong with you. As Cringeon says there will not be a round up of the non conforming straight people until earth is one big rainbow planet. That is ridiculous.

Atom
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
I do not agree with the stupid shit Dv5 is saying. I have nothing against homosexuals and thank fuck they're around in a world where people squirt out kids like it's a fucking hobby.

However, why be proud over something you had no choice or involvement in? Same as people being proud of their race or nationality. You had no fucking say in the matter. Be proud of your accomplishments not shit you had either no part in or choice over.

Mugwump
05-17-2013, 11:17 AM
We live in a heteronormative society. Homosexuality and perceived deviant forms of sexuality and gender are frowned upon. Maybe a part of society has as of late become accustomed to seeing gay people on TV or know of a gay or bisexual person in their daily life, but the society at large for a very long time has oppressed and stigmatized anything outside the norm. Proclaiming pride is fighting against all that - the unspoken idea that homosexuality or alternative lifestyles are inherently "wrong".

It's actually amusing and ironic this is being asked on a Manson forum. Manson - who is probably the biggest, proudest faggot of our time.

Shangri-LIE
05-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Oh ffs. I was ...nm. lol

yuzukelly
05-17-2013, 01:49 PM
This is why you can't make serious threads, because we all are used to this bs, and .... nm :P !!!!!

Mugwump
05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Oh, believe me, I know. I was merely humoring Shangs because this place is Dullsville.

:)

yuzukelly
05-17-2013, 02:08 PM
This place is fabulous max!
http://gargarstegosaurus.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/mawaru-penguindrum-02-large-27-jpg.jpeg?w=640&h=360

Mugwump
05-17-2013, 02:33 PM
It is now!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me07kopf961qizbwlo1_500.jpg

yuzukelly
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't like yaoi, tbh :c

but... I *do* LOVE Hamtaro!! :D

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2000000/Hamtaro-Trading-Card-Image-hamtaro-2015026-576-527.jpg

Mugwump
05-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Bitch, did I ask if you liked yaoi?

Don't make me cut you.

yuzukelly
05-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Yuri is much better!!! Post yuri, instead

http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/Utena/Anthy-utena/utena_anthy-utena017.jpg?=123

Golden Eel
05-18-2013, 07:18 AM
We live in a heteronormative society. Homosexuality and perceived deviant forms of sexuality and gender are frowned upon. Maybe a part of society has as of late become accustomed to seeing gay people on TV or know of a gay or bisexual person in their daily life, but the society at large for a very long time has oppressed and stigmatized anything outside the norm. Proclaiming pride is fighting against all that - the unspoken idea that homosexuality or alternative lifestyles are inherently "wrong".

I think the word pride is what gets a lot of people. I, kinda like Atom, have always been a little irked by people displaying pride in something they were born into or had no control over. I think the movement would be much more effective if it went by a different title. But what do I know, I'm just a straight white male.

Celebrity Killing Spree
05-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Having pride in a condition of birth is extremely problematic and inappropriate.

Like Carlin said, you wouldn't have a pride for being 5 foot eleven or for having blonde hair and blue eyes.

If we are to accept the argument that people are born into their sexual orientation (which I for one completely accept and consider no different from any other physical trait) then the argument has to go both ways.

If someone says they are gay the appropriate response is the same one you would give a person telling you they are straight: so?

Call them tolerance parades if it's about promoting gay rights. But "pride" is a poorly chosen and self-defeating argument.

AssetReign
05-18-2013, 08:40 AM
My understanding of the word "pride" in this context is pride in who you are, rather than specifically pride in being gay.

Mugwump
05-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Idk of a better word to use. Gay Non-Shame doesn't sound very catchy.

You all need to realize as heterosexual (I think) males you're speaking from a privileged point of view as well. It's nice that you think we are living in a post-homophobic, tolerant society, but there's still a lot of progress to be made.

Mugwump
05-18-2013, 09:13 AM
And tbh, a "tolerance parade" somehow sounds even faggier than "gay pride parade".

ThreeEyedGod
05-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Butt fucking fags have much to be proud of! Leave then alone!

Shangri-LIE
05-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Look. This is all I am saying....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcaOgess4gw

Atom
05-19-2013, 09:43 AM
My understanding of the word "pride" in this context is pride in who you are, rather than specifically pride in being gay.

But how is that any different? Depending on what we're talking about who you are is not necessarily a choice. And since the topic happens to be about being gay the word "pride" is used for something that someone has absolutely no choice in being.

Idk of a better word to use. Gay Non-Shame doesn't sound very catchy.

You all need to realize as heterosexual (I think) males you're speaking from a privileged point of view as well. It's nice that you think we are living in a post-homophobic, tolerant society, but there's still a lot of progress to be made.

Hm... I'm not sure if you're being serious but I don't think that anyone who isn't living under a rock or isn't a complete moron thinks we live in a post-homophobic, tolerant society.

I hate when people throw around the word "privilege" like that (especially when some idiot spews dumb shit like "Check your ____ privilege!" it's so stupid). As if being a white, heterosexual, male means your opinions are biased and less important on topics like this than a homosexual's opinion. And then if I say anything remotely offensive I'm quickly labeled whatever butthurt, PC, crybaby wants to call me (homophobe, misogynist, transphobe, racist, etc.). That sort of mentality cripples discussions which could otherwise help educate people on topics such as homosexuality and transgenders.

Cringeon
05-19-2013, 10:24 AM
I think pride in things you are born into is plenty acceptable, be it gender, race or orientation. We as a nation are pretty hetero-proud, just take a look at everything we do through film/tv/advertising. It's definitely still something we throw in people's faces at any chance. Feminists, Black Power, Gay Pride - I don't think being born into something should put you in a position that you can't show pride. As long as a majority will treat any class different, through social standards or even law - there is a need for people to not only be proud, but stand together so a message against discrimination is louder. If it weren't for "gay pride", some people may still be in the closest as they don't have things to inspire them to come out and I also don't think our nation would be in the direction it is for legalizing marriage equality.

Mugwump
05-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Hm... I'm not sure if you're being serious but I don't think that anyone who isn't living under a rock or isn't a complete moron thinks we live in a post-homophobic, tolerant society.

I hate when people throw around the word "privilege" like that (especially when some idiot spews dumb shit like "Check your ____ privilege!" it's so stupid). As if being a white, heterosexual, male means your opinions are biased and less important on topics like this than a homosexual's opinion. And then if I say anything remotely offensive I'm quickly labeled whatever butthurt, PC, crybaby wants to call me (homophobe, misogynist, transphobe, racist, etc.). That sort of mentality cripples discussions which could otherwise help educate people on topics such as homosexuality and transgenders.
I was responding to Celebrity Killing Spree's statement that the response to someone coming out as gay should be "So?" I agree that should be the reaction, but unfortunately it just isn't like that most of the time.

And I'm sorry that you hate having your privilege brought up, but it does exist. YOU think the gay pride movement should use a word other than "pride"? They should conform to your way of thinking because using the word "pride" offends YOU. YOU disagree with it.

See what I mean?

Please tell me your thoughts on how black people conduct themselves, or how feminism should just tone it down a little. Then complain about how annoying political correctness is and how as a white straight man, your say in things should matter too.

I do agree that there ARE whiny, overly sensitive people who might overuse the word "privilege", but in this instance I think it's pretty reasonable.

Not everything is so black and white.

Atom
05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
And I'm sorry that you hate having your privilege brought up, but it does exist. YOU think the gay pride movement should use a word other than "pride"? They should conform to your way of thinking because using the word "pride" offends YOU. YOU disagree with it.

See what I mean?

You don't know my "privileges". For all you know I could be living in some racist, all black neighborhood where I get beaten and harassed on a daily basis. I don't like people talking down to me about how my life is to them. Just like you wouldn't want others judging you and doing the same.

So, no. I don't see what you mean, man. Check your pity, PC, privilege, daaawg. (Am I doing that right?)

Please tell me your thoughts on how black people conduct themselves, or how feminism should just tone it down a little. Then complain about how annoying political correctness is and how as a white straight man, your say in things should matter too.

I don't expect blacks to conduct themselves a certain way. Never said they all conduct themselves a certain way. They're people. They may be black but I don't have a special set of expectations. Act like a decent human is all I expect from anyone.

As a white, straight male, my opinion does matter. Alienating people will not help whatever cause certain groups are fighting for. And I hate "feminism" to begin with so fuck that noise. Or at least what passes for it nowadays.

I do agree that there ARE whiny, overly sensitive people who might overuse the word "privilege", but in this instance I think it's pretty reasonable.

Not everything is so black and white.

You're right. Things aren't so black and white. So, don't preach to me about how I'm "privileged" because of my race, gender, and sexual orientation. How does that make you any different than the bigots you (and myself) clearly do not care for?

Atom
05-19-2013, 06:03 PM
I think pride in things you are born into is plenty acceptable, be it gender, race or orientation.

Why? You had no fucking say in the matter? That is not pride, that is how hate groups work. That's how neo-nazis and racist fucks operate. They have pride in their bullshit skin color. As I've said already, you had no choice or say in it so having pride in it is stupid and pointless. "White pride" "black pride" "gay pride" "straight pride", it's all bullshit used to gather a specific group of people often in order to go against another group. There is no good in it and it breeds stupidity and laziness.

Be proud of your accomplishments. Fucking accomplish something. Proud of your race, sex, gender, who you wanna fuck... pffft... all childish bullshit.

Cringeon
05-19-2013, 06:39 PM
You do get that part of the gay pride (or really any civil rights movement based on gender/race/orientation) is about progress and accomplishments? That's basically the whole point of any movement is to raise awareness to inequality and make change. Hell, you can get down to even pride in nationality. I can definitely say I'm proud to live in America. Is that an accomplishment, not really I was born into it - but there is definite pride in being part of this country. To only be proud of your direct actions is a very narrow view. Many times people accomplish things due to those situations they are born into, so the pride is much larger than just "I did action XYZ". Relating it to hate groups is just a cop-out connect the dots. Groups like Nazis, KKK, etc are not prideful because of their race but their bloated opinion that their race okays them to commit atrocities. A person calling discrimination pride to attack a group, is not the same as a person having pride in who they are/where they come from.

ThreeEyedGod
05-19-2013, 07:39 PM
But it is still ok to be proud of having a ginormous dong, no??

Mugwump
05-19-2013, 09:52 PM
You don't know my "privileges". For all you know I could be living in some racist, all black neighborhood where I get beaten and harassed on a daily basis. I don't like people talking down to me about how my life is to them. Just like you wouldn't want others judging you and doing the same.

So, no. I don't see what you mean, man. Check your pity, PC, privilege, daaawg. (Am I doing that right?)

I don't expect blacks to conduct themselves a certain way. Never said they all conduct themselves a certain way. They're people. They may be black but I don't have a special set of expectations. Act like a decent human is all I expect from anyone.

As a white, straight male, my opinion does matter. Alienating people will not help whatever cause certain groups are fighting for. And I hate "feminism" to begin with so fuck that noise. Or at least what passes for it nowadays.

You're right. Things aren't so black and white. So, don't preach to me about how I'm "privileged" because of my race, gender, and sexual orientation. How does that make you any different than the bigots you (and myself) clearly do not care for?
Well I'm sorry that the gay pride movement offends your delicate sensibilities this much.

You should join GLAAD and try to change all of this. Or start a committee or something. Write a pamphlet. I'll read it.

Cat
05-20-2013, 12:39 AM
To be proud is a positive thing,...... especially if it creates a positive life for yourself and the ones you love!

Atom
05-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Wow, some of you have taken and completely twisted the things I've said. I have nothing against the "gay pride movement", it doesn't offend me, I support equal rights for gays, I have nothing against them. My main gripe is the use of the word "pride". If you need to completely change my point and make it seem as if I'm against a specific group or some sort of bigot, which I've made clear that I am not, then you obviously do not have a good enough argument to make in regards to the current discussion.

Doing this does nothing but hinder what could be a meaningful, adult discussion.

You do get that part of the gay pride (or really any civil rights movement based on gender/race/orientation) is about progress and accomplishments? That's basically the whole point of any movement is to raise awareness to inequality and make change. Hell, you can get down to even pride in nationality. I can definitely say I'm proud to live in America. Is that an accomplishment, not really I was born into it - but there is definite pride in being part of this country. To only be proud of your direct actions is a very narrow view. Many times people accomplish things due to those situations they are born into, so the pride is much larger than just "I did action XYZ".

Yes, I am aware. Obviously a movement is about accomplishing something. That's the whole point of a movement. Gay rights groups have every reason to proud of any progress they make because they actually did something. However, being proud that you're gay is unreasonable because you did not do anything to become gay. Unless, of course, you happen to believe that being gay is a choice (which it clearly is not).

Why are you proud of being part of America? What role did you play in being born here that makes you proud? What have you accomplished that gives you pride in living in this country or being proud of this country? It makes no sense to me and seems absolutely ridiculous. You had no choice and zero involvement in your nationality. If being in America has provided you with the opportunities to accomplish things, then be proud of what you have accomplished and not the fact that it just so happens you were born in America.

To be proud of your accomplishments is not a narrow view. What a silly statement to make. It's a much more admirable way to live rather than taking pride in something you had no part in. Nationalistic pride breeds stupidity and laziness (and sometimes far worse things). It can give people a false sense of superiority over other people they've never even met because of where they happen to live.

Relating it to hate groups is just a cop-out connect the dots. Groups like Nazis, KKK, etc are not prideful because of their race but their bloated opinion that their race okays them to commit atrocities. A person calling discrimination pride to attack a group, is not the same as a person having pride in who they are/where they come from.

It is not a cop-out. Explain how it is.

You are completely wrong. Because they are prideful of their race (hence "white pride" and such) which is precisely why they believe it's okay to commit atrocities because of their race. You proved me correct in that very statement you'd made.

The pride that groups like that have is one of the reasons homosexuality is looked down upon by bigots and why they're treated as inferior. Proud to be straight, proud to be white, proud to be male, proud to be American, proud to be all of these things people played no role in and had no say in. It's a lazy excuse to make people feel like they have self worth.

EDIT: And it is perfectly acceptable to be proud of having a "ginormous dong" if you acquired it by doing your dong stretching exercises while in the shower.

yuzukelly
05-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't think it's wrong to use the word "pride". I personally think it's fine for homosexuals to use that word to describe how they feel. Even though that is just how they were born, it's something that is not as widely accepted as it should be, something encouraged to oppress, etc. and having pride in something like that is different. Being proud of who you are is a good thing, just as long as you're not making others feel bad (ex. "I have ______ and you don't! haha"!) ^u^

Cringeon
05-20-2013, 09:24 PM
It is not a cop-out. Explain how it is.You are trying to call two different things pride. When you talk about Nazis/Racists/Homophobes - you are talking about hate. You don't really see the KKK really going around being proud of their anglo heritage. It's really just people binding together to project hate, and the "pride" is just a front. True pride should never have an effect that somehow impacts others, cases where it's said pride is the reason bad people do bad things, you are probably missing the actual underline reason/motives for those actions.

I think the difference is, I find the attitude of only have pride about what you specifically did pretty much the most narrow minded you can get. We are all in this world together, and I think it's perfectly acceptable for there to be pride in something that you are united with others about. To be a proud gay person, you are simultaneously being proud of actions both personal and collective - but you are sharing in pride in the identity of what it means to be gay, or to be a woman, etc. I can have pride in where I live, not for my actions but for the actions of those - and what things represent and the things it allows. Everyone is part of something collectively, even us here on this forum all share in something. Can any of us say we accomplished being MM fans? People take pride in many things, it's not always action based.

AssetReign
05-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Intelligence is genetic. Does that mean we shouldn't take pride in it?

"Gay pride" is defined as, "A sense of dignity and satisfaction in connection with the public acknowledgment of one's own homosexuality."

Atom
05-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Cringeon, we aren't going to agree on this and neither of us is going to convince the other that their opinion is the right one. There's not much else to say without running in circles.

Mugwump
05-21-2013, 12:24 AM
I guess I can see how there isn't much of a difference between "white pride" and "gay pride".

Good point, Atom.

ThreeEyedGod
05-21-2013, 08:44 AM
It's always a run around pissing battle when discussing such things: gay rights just happens to be the 'it' issue right now. For how long though? Until homosexuals are once and for all completely "equal"? Who decides when that momentous event takes place? Where is the stopping point?

AssetReign
05-21-2013, 08:56 AM
^ When gays are afforded the same rights as straights, but this thread isn't about gay rights, it's about gay pride..

ThreeEyedGod
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
The right for homosexuals to be proud.

Mugwump
05-21-2013, 12:06 PM
This thread started out as a bad joke, and it continues to be one.

:(

Atom
05-21-2013, 01:59 PM
I guess I can see how there isn't much of a difference between "white pride" and "gay pride".

Good point, Atom.

Good point? I never made that point. Why are you twisting shit I'm saying to fit your passive agressive frustration over the fact that I think pride in something you did not take part in or accomplish on your own is stupid. That is my point.

I never said that "white pride" and "gay pride" were comparable in regards to the atrocities and stupidity one or the other side commits. I was pointing out that pride often leads to feelings of unwarranted superiority.

Maybe I'm not being PC enough but anyone who is proud of being gay is a moron. Not because being gay is bad but because it's not a choice and it's taken long enough just to get the majority of people to understand that being gay is not a choice. I support gay rights and this was never about whether or not I do but it's as if I have to constantly point that out because some sensitive, bleeding hearts, find it easier to paint me as a bigot rather than give me a rational response for why their fucking pride is retarded.

As I already said to Cringeon - this is just a situation where we are not going to agree and it's obvious neither of us is going to convince the other or change minds. But don't try and paint me as anti-gay or claim I think white pride and gay pride are equals. That's fucking weak.

BTW I'M PROUD OF HAVING BLUE EYES!!!

BLUE EYED PRIDE.

WE MARCH AT DAWN AND RIOT AT DUSK.

Mugwump
05-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Some people are SO touchy.

Sheesh. Gee whiz. I mean really.

Atom
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Some people are SO touchy.

Sheesh. Gee whiz. I mean really.

Seriously. But ignore those negative-nellies and be proud.

Ya fag. Kidding... ha... Don't be touchy. Unless that's your thing. I don't know what to do with my hands.

Help.

yuzukelly
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Can we go back to posting ham hams?

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/400295-bigthumbnail.jpg

Atom
05-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Please. I'd usually probably want to murder people because of "ham hams" (the fuck is a "ham ham"?). But they're unfortunately much more thoughtful and enjoyable than the current conversation, in my opinion - which is the only one that fucking matters.

Cat
05-22-2013, 02:32 AM
hehehe hehee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sCxS6N3-4

TH15x15xMYxOMeGA
05-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't agree with everything Dv5 said, but I have also thought that "gay pride" was a little silly. I feel like if I started saying I have straight pride, someone would try to say I hate gays or that it was offensive. This is what minorities do a lot and it really upsets me. I think by saying "gay pride", they are almost setting themselves apart from the rest of society, even though they say they want equality.

Homosapien pride sounds better to me! ;)

Mugwump
05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I don't agree with everything Dv5 said, but I have also thought that "gay pride" was a little silly. I feel like if I started saying I have straight pride, someone would try to say I hate gays or that it was offensive. This is what minorities do a lot and it really upsets me. I think by saying "gay pride", they are almost setting themselves apart from the rest of society, even though they say they want equality.

Homosapien pride sounds better to me! ;)
LOL.

This is great. It reminds me of how Christians try to act victimized around Christmas time. "We can't say Christmas! Christmas is banned! Now we have to say 'Happy Holidays!' because of the PC police!"

ThreeEyedGod
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
What if I was all like, " I'm so glad I wasnt born gay!"

Is that considered homophobic?

Mugwump
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
That's a really good question.

Atom
05-23-2013, 07:40 PM
What if I was bisexual and I was all, "Thank gosh I'm not just straight or just gay. I'm so proud that I'm not like those boring cunts."???

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TomsMindBlown.gif

Mugwump
05-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Only women are legitimately bisexual.

ThreeEyedGod
05-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Can bisexuals be anti gay AND anti straight!? Like, " you ONLY like ONE sex? That is so inconsiderate and intolerant towards the other!"

Atom
05-24-2013, 07:25 AM
^ That's fucking deep. A homophobic, heterophobic, bisexual.

Where is your god now?

Mugwump
05-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Anyway, the GLBT community has a lot of progress to make because straight males still treat the obvious inequality as a joke.

Thanks for exemplifying this, guys.

:-)

ThreeEyedGod
05-24-2013, 11:52 AM
*thread closed*

Atom
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyway, the GLBT community has a lot of progress to make because straight males still treat the obvious inequality as a joke.

Thanks for exemplifying this, guys.

:-)

• What do you call a gay in a wheelchair?
A fruit roll up.

• How can you make a gay man scream twice?
Fuck him real hard. Then wipe your dick off on his curtains.

• What do you call a gay dinosaur?
Megasoreass.

• How do know you you're at a gay picnic?
The hot dogs taste like shit.

TheBornVillian89
05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm Gay and I find Gay Pride events to be one of the most stupidest things known to exist. There is such a strong sense of false equality among Gay Men not just from Hetro people who hate Gays,but Gays hating on Gays for not buying into the Gay Lifestyle, I don't do pride marches at all.

crazybitch
05-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Today is VAG PRIDE DAY. LESBIAN REVOLUTION! RAAAAW.

Shangri-LIE
05-30-2013, 09:30 AM
This thread started out as a bad joke, and it continues to be one.

Mmm Hmm

ThreeEyedGod
05-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Alright, alright let's get super serious.

Mugwump
05-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Alright, alright let's get super serious.

Today is VAG PRIDE DAY. LESBIAN REVOLUTION! RAAAAW.

Let's just go with all of this. Another great thread brought to you by Shangs.

Shangri-LIE
05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Let's just go with all of this. Another great thread brought to you by Shangs.

It's funny, our thing. You can post equally dumb shit as I do if not more, but you get away with it because you're gay and everyone is afraid to flame you because they don't want to be branded as being homophobic. Isn't it funny how that works? :P lol

Mugwump
05-30-2013, 02:24 PM

Cat
06-02-2013, 12:28 AM
I'm Gay and I find Gay Pride events to be one of the most stupidest things known to exist. There is such a strong sense of false equality among Gay Men not just from Hetro people who hate Gays,but Gays hating on Gays for not buying into the Gay Lifestyle, I don't do pride marches at all.

I really respect that! - I mean, If you really have that inner acceptance of yourself!?

To be proud is all about loving yourself, and then you don't need to participate in pride marches at all. - ( But it's still ok if you do )

Anyway, you are just proud of being true to your nature....... I'm the same way by the way, I love who I love and I don't care about the gender.

But since this comes really naturally to me, then it's what I create that makes me feel extra good about myself, because the rest is just to easy.

ThreeEyedGod
06-02-2013, 01:06 AM
The more you know.

Cat
06-02-2013, 01:18 AM
The more you know.

Yes, Dear Daddy.

OmegasTits
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh, believe me, I know. I was merely humoring Shangs because this place is Dullsville.

:)

You got that right....

Iulian
06-23-2013, 01:46 PM
I never understood pride related to stuff we didnīt have a choice on: race, nationality, sexual orientation.. You can be proud of a song you wrote, for example, but being gay?! I mean, itīs the same for me, being gay as if I were stright.

I never understood really the Gay Pride that happens once a year in different countries. I get that we need the same rights and that being gay is not really accepted completely yet, but I fail to see how that will happen with dancing clowns, nudity and many acts of what is considered abnormal today. These things happen in gay clubs, true, but you know what to expect when you go there. Why donīt we show we are just as good as straight people by , I donīt know, organizing charity? No one would be against it, without looking like a complete idiot. Why donīt we have lines in the newspapers like Ļthis gay organization donates X money for orphans/old people/street people etcĻ? This is how you bring attention to your problems and show you are just as good as most straight people.

The Gay Pride is basically just a party with a bad title, IMO.

edit: I know itīs about the pride-feeling, but I needed to say this about the pride-party :D

Cat
06-24-2013, 04:18 AM
It's not funny to see somebody you love die from AIDS or another severe illness.

Some people have bad humor, maybe because they are too immature to make intelligent jokes. - But, they will grow up when they have seen a loved one die.

Edit: Or maybe we should ask the question ''Can we joke about anything''?

Maybe it all depends on the intent?!

BlueEyeLens
06-24-2013, 11:16 AM
How bout "PUSSY PRIDE" ? I'm all for that, the more the merrier, and I wanna swim around in a pussy pool! I know, I have such a dirty dirty mind. HEH HEH.

MechanicalAnimal
07-10-2013, 11:12 AM
In a way, we can reproduce. I know that when people say we can't (I am gay) they mean that physically two women or two men cannot produce a child. However, in the near future I will have a child via a surrogate Mother, and said child will be raised by two men. I would rather the world be populated this way than by ignorant straight couples (not all are, just speaking about the ones who wear the fitting shoe).

I'm so sick and tired of people thinking gay men couples molest children. Right, because perverted redneck straight men don't? Or the arguement that the child will be warped in the head when they start wondering where their Mother is. ("Everyone needs a Mother AND a Father!") Well, the last time I checked, my child will still have a Mother, but will also have two Fathers. Hell, even better, it will have THREE parents! ; ) I grew up without a Father, and like I always say, I'd rather have two Fathers than none at all...

OmegasTits
07-17-2013, 02:18 AM
What I really don't understand is the St. Patricks Day Parade. Wearing t-shirts that say "Kiss me, I'm Irish"? Really, it's ok to flaunt that but you'll bitch the second you see someone waving a rainbow flag claiming they're "flaunting their lifestyle"? People drink green beer and get completely wasted...because they're proud to be Irish. Just like how you don't choose to be gay, you don't choose to be Irish, nobody fucking cares either. Until someone starts protesting these alcoholics and their lame parades, I don't want to hear another gripe about Gay Pride.

"Kiss me, I'm a faggot."

Shangri-LIE
07-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Yeah? Well being Irish isn't a moral fucking sin.

OmegasTits
07-19-2013, 01:57 AM
No, but alcoholism is, and we know that ALL Irishmen are alcoholics, just like ALL gays have filthy butt sex.

Shangri-LIE
07-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Dude...JESUS drank wine. Alcohol Sin absolved.

Sayagata
07-19-2013, 07:16 PM
YAY FOR GAYS

Shangri-LIE
07-19-2013, 07:23 PM
YAY FOR GAYS

YEAH! Let's all FUCK eachother! WOO! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sayagata
07-19-2013, 07:30 PM

IKR? Everyone should fuck each other vigorously on a daily basis.

MrBonestripper
07-20-2013, 04:35 PM

would you fuck me?

http://youtu.be/XTs_TZFjbJ8

spaceSuicide
07-21-2013, 06:20 AM
I'm so sick and tired of people thinking gay men couples molest children.

I can honestly say I have NEVER heard of that ever before until now?

ThreeEyedGod
07-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Everyone molests

Mugwump
07-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Mexicans molest A LOT.

Look at the statistics. I'm serious. It's like a sport in Mexico - molesting children. That's why they like it here in the US - all the unattended white children.

Shangri-LIE
07-22-2013, 07:34 AM
It is a fact that 89% of the population has molested someone, gay or not, in their lifetime either accidentally, sneakily, or in some real sick ways with no shame.

MrBonestripper
07-22-2013, 08:45 AM
I molest myself all the time without shame.

MechanicalAnimal
07-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I can honestly say I have NEVER heard of that ever before until now?

It usually comes from religious groups, spreading propaganda "news" articles, etc. The sad thing is that a lot of uneducated people tend to believe these articles, as if they are valid news editorials. The most common one is that gay couples adopt a boy and then end up molesting it. Which just completely blows my mind, because isn't that what their partner is there for, the sexual aspects? I'm sure it's happened before, but parents have murdered their children before and you don't see propaganda saying that all parents murder their children. Another thing that irks me is that you never hear those types of accusations about lesbians. You never hear anything about lesbians molesting their daughters. I guess gay men like myself are just heathens. -__-

ThreeEyedGod
07-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Mexicans molest A LOT.

Look at the statistics. I'm serious. It's like a sport in Mexico - molesting children. That's why they like it here in the US - all the unattended white children.

Mexican homos are molesting machines.

Alterkaker66
08-08-2013, 09:53 AM
So can you stand one more serious post on the subject? Social change in America is a bitch. Large groups of people with a shared interest in not being abused or marginalized have to stick it in the publics face until they cry uncle to even begin to start a discussion on what's wrong. In the mean time people get hurt. Whether it's votes for women or marriage for same sex couples there have to be outraged and outrageous people to push the current norm. And yeah, St. Paddy's may just be an excuse to drink, but there used to be signs that said 'No Irish' just like there were ones that said 'No Colored' And since I'm an equal opportunity asshole of questionable sexuality and Irish, German, Dutch, Cherokee and whatever else crawled under the blankets descent, I say be proud of whoever you are and try to have a sense of humor. Geez.

0m3ga
08-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Gay pride is stupid, as is black pride - the concept of being proud of something you have no control over is completely bazaar, but despite that, it would be fine if the opportunity were there for everyone. The term "White pride" automatically means racist, and words like "KKK" and "lynch" spring to mind. Despite what everyone claims to want, equality is absent.

Making this argument to any hardcore liberal will never result in a successful rebuttal. You will merely be called racist and backwards, followed by a call to 'get with the times'. Getting preachy here but hardcore liberals are just as ignorant as hardcore conservatives. The political compass puts me even more liberal than the Green party for whatever reason, keeping in mind.

MrBonestripper
08-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Gay pride is stupid, as is black pride - the concept of being proud of something you have no control over is completely bazaar, but despite that, it would be fine if the opportunity were there for everyone. The term "White pride" automatically means racist, and words like "KKK" and "lynch" spring to mind. Despite what everyone claims to want, equality is absent.

Making this argument to any hardcore liberal will never result in a successful rebuttal. You will merely be called racist and backwards, followed by a call to 'get with the times'. Getting preachy here but hardcore liberals are just as ignorant as hardcore conservatives. The political compass puts me even more liberal than the Green party for whatever reason, keeping in mind.

"bazaar?"

.......?

and

are you for real?

and

did you read the entire thread? its not stupid. why? I think Cringeon stated it perfectly:

Some people see gay as a flaw, which is why it's common for people to throw insults like gay/fag as derogatory ways to try and demean. Of course it's from the far right here in the US, but thankfully shit changes. Half our country will pass marriage equality in the near future. We are 1/4 there and I don't see the momentum shifting the opposite way. Pride comes in being able to survive and achieve happiness. It's not like GLBT people are going to start rounding up heteros to lynch them, so until the current geriatricracy dies off, and younger generations can bring the US up to modern times there's going to be a sense of struggle.

I think pride in things you are born into is plenty acceptable, be it gender, race or orientation. We as a nation are pretty hetero-proud, just take a look at everything we do through film/tv/advertising. It's definitely still something we throw in people's faces at any chance. Feminists, Black Power, Gay Pride - I don't think being born into something should put you in a position that you can't show pride. As long as a majority will treat any class different, through social standards or even law - there is a need for people to not only be proud, but stand together so a message against discrimination is louder. If it weren't for "gay pride", some people may still be in the closest as they don't have things to inspire them to come out and I also don't think our nation would be in the direction it is for legalizing marriage equality.

Atom
08-09-2013, 01:30 PM
But it is bizarre and stupid to be proud about something you had no say in. What's the point in being proud about your race, gender, sexual preference, your country, etc.? You had no part in any of it and you didn't have a choice. There were no options. So, it all comes off as back-patting, bullshit for people who haven't actually accomplished anything on their own in life and need a reason to feel like they belong or fit in with a certain group.

I understand the "movement", or whatever, behind "gay pride" is important. I have nothing against gays and couldn't give two shits what consenting adults do in their free time. I think they should have the same rights as everyone else. But the circular wankfest of undeserved "pride" people have now days is nauseating and breeds laziness, arrogance, stupidity, and sometimes even the same kind of bigotry that they might be oppressed and/or abused by (ex. "white pride").

The Empirical Guy
08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I think what's trying to be said here is, for example, it makes sense for an American to say "I'm proud to be a citizen of a country with democratic elections, freedom of speech, equal rights, "the land of the free" etc", but it makes no sense to say "I'm proud to have been born, entirely through random chance, within this set of political boundaries as opposed to that set over there". By the same token, be proud of everything gays have overcome in recent years, be proud that you have fought to overcome oppression, have faced social and political hardships and are, slowly, winning - you have ever right to feel proud of that. But to be proud simply of the fact that you are gay in and of itself makes no sense and, to me, is simply discrimination going back the other way - being proud to be gay could be seen as imply you're glad you're not one of those hetero people. I'm certainly not proud to be straight. Thinking about the two possibilities, I'm glad I am straight rather than gay, but I hold no pride in it.

Cringeon
08-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I think pride is always in the definition of the word, not just the fact of it. When someone is talking about gay pride, they are talking about pride in a whole slew of things. Pride in their community past and current, proud of their own actions, pride in standing up for something that's right. I don't think there is a person who really is proud of literal facts. It's always going to have a deeper context, and usually a much deeper history of what that "word" means to them.

Atom
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Which is why I said I have no problem with the "movement" or the "deeper meaning". But this never-ending excuse of a "deeper meaning" is getting old as well. Just call it what it is so you don't have to have it turn into a bunch of self-aggrandizing bullshit or explain it like this. Call it the "I want my fucking rights" movement or the "If I want to fuck a guy in the ass it's none of your goddamn business" movement. But to include the word "pride" always rings with a hint of superiority or unwelcoming seclusion.

I still don't like the ridiculously long list of "_____ pride". It's just bullet points of arbitrary bullshit and every person who feels they fit into a particular category or wants to seem tolerant or superior by defending a certain group will argue otherwise but it won't change a fucking thing. It just turns it into a "this side vs. that side" argument instead of the moral issue it really is. It's "people wanting the rights and respect they deserve" vs. " the bigots who have chosen to believe some nonsense that was written in some ancient fucking book". That's all it really comes down to. Why make things so pointlessly messy and difficult in a situation like this?

I think what's trying to be said here is, for example, it makes sense for an American to say "I'm proud to be a citizen of a country with democratic elections, freedom of speech, equal rights, "the land of the free" etc", but it makes no sense to say "I'm proud to have been born, entirely through random chance, within this set of political boundaries as opposed to that set over there".

The only time I think it'd be appropriate for someone to have that sort of pride is if that person crossed a border and went through fucking hell to be in that particular country - actually fought to be there. Then they'd have an actual reason to be "proud" rather than the fact that they happened to have parents who fucked and gave birth to a child on a certain area on this planet. Fuck that person. But the person who crosses that border and dodges douchebags and guns to escape from hell in an attempt to live in a place they believe is better - that person I can respect and they have every reason to be proud of being called whateverthefucktheyare. Aside from that it's mostly an excuse for people to be nationalist assholes who did fuck all of anything, much less fight for what they think their country supposedly stands for.

By the same token, be proud of everything gays have overcome in recent years, be proud that you have fought to overcome oppression, have faced social and political hardships and are, slowly, winning - you have ever right to feel proud of that. But to be proud simply of the fact that you are gay in and of itself makes no sense and, to me, is simply discrimination going back the other way - being proud to be gay could be seen as imply you're glad you're not one of those hetero people. I'm certainly not proud to be straight. Thinking about the two possibilities, I'm glad I am straight rather than gay, but I hold no pride in it.

I agree with this completely. I think gay individuals have every reason to be proud of whatever bigotry they have had to overcome. Because it's something they actually took part in, had a choice in, stood up for, and so on. Unlike their sexual preference.

Cringeon
08-09-2013, 07:04 PM
So you don't think a subject of pride can be in something that encomposes more than just literal definition? Show me a gay guy who is only proud of his orientation and not everything else that comes from living as a open gay man. I've never come across someone with pride in something that wasn't rooted in things of deep personal meaning or history.

Atom
08-09-2013, 10:05 PM
So you don't think a subject of pride can be in something that encomposes more than just literal definition? Show me a gay guy who is only proud of his orientation and not everything else that comes from living as a open gay man. I've never come across someone with pride in something that wasn't rooted in things of deep personal meaning or history.

Did you read what I posted? I've said it numerous times over and over again in this very thread and made it perfectly clear.

• No, I do not think someone should be literally proud of something they had no say in and/or took no part in creating. You stated it yourself in the post I'm quoting when you mentioned "pride" being rooted in history. It's someone else's history.
• Yes, I do think people as individuals have every reason to be proud of their own personal accomplishments - shit that they've actually done and not who or what they happened to be born as.

It's easy for someone to be "proud" of being gay, white, an American, born in fucking New York. Because they had no choice. Their "pride" comes after the fact.

Cringeon
08-10-2013, 07:37 AM
You've again missed it. Show me where someone with gay pride who is ONLY proud of orientation. You keeping using a literal definition to disregard everything that encomposes many things, events, etc that come with gay pride. We get what you think, but you aren't putting anything up in the discussion.

ThreeEyedGod
08-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Where all the homosexuals in this thread?

Can we get some queer opinions?

Mugwump
08-10-2013, 10:46 PM

Let's hear more of your opinion. The gay rights movement could really use your input.

crazybitch
08-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Be proud of who you are. If you don't feel proud, you need to give yourself a reason to be proud.

Shangri-LIE
08-15-2013, 06:47 AM
I think what's trying to be said here is, for example, it makes sense for an American to say "I'm proud to be a citizen of a country with democratic elections, freedom of speech, equal rights, "the land of the free" etc", but it makes no sense to say "I'm proud to have been born, entirely through random chance, within this set of political boundaries as opposed to that set over there". By the same token, be proud of everything gays have overcome in recent years, be proud that you have fought to overcome oppression, have faced social and political hardships and are, slowly, winning - you have ever right to feel proud of that. But to be proud simply of the fact that you are gay in and of itself makes no sense and, to me, is simply discrimination going back the other way - being proud to be gay could be seen as imply you're glad you're not one of those hetero people. I'm certainly not proud to be straight. Thinking about the two possibilities, I'm glad I am straight rather than gay, but I hold no pride in it.

Bingo

Mugwump
08-15-2013, 03:11 PM
I have to remind myself that you guys are mostly autistic, if you believe in the literal idea of simply being proud of being gay like it is an accomplishment.

That's basically why you can't understand it. You should be proud of the fact that you're at least trying though, and that's what really matters here.

Way to go, guys.

Shangri-LIE
08-15-2013, 03:38 PM
I have to remind myself that you guys are mostly autistic, if you believe in the literal idea of simply being proud of being gay like it is an accomplishment.

That's basically why you can't understand it. You should be proud of the fact that you're at least trying though, and that's what really matters here.

Way to go, guys.

Christ, you're worse than a ratchet cake face. lol

OmegasTits
08-16-2013, 03:39 AM

I like your shoes.

MrBonestripper
08-16-2013, 05:54 PM
http://youtu.be/LI_9NUan9to

Dylan Monroe
08-19-2013, 03:30 PM
I always took the 'pride' part of gay pride more of being "not ashamed"
While a lot of people think it's a shameful thing to be gay,for me gay pride is saying "i'm not ashamed that I am what I am" not nessesarily that "I'm proud that I am what I am" if that makes sense.
That's just the way I see it. Others might take the "pride" thing literally, which could work as "i'm proud to be open about being gay in an era where it's not fully accepted and is at times looked down upon"

OmegasTits
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
If the Gay Pride movement and related events actually strived to show the world that we are normal people and not cross-dressing, sex crazed perverts running around in speedos, and bitchy little queens making fun of everybody's clothes, I'd be all for it. But when I went to my first pride, all I saw were cross-dressers, sex crazed perverts running around in speedos, and bitchy little queens making fun of my clothes.

I don't define myself by my sexual orientation, but it seems like many people do. I don't dress or act any different than any other guy I meet on the street. I just like men. That's it.

Dylan Monroe
09-02-2013, 03:16 PM
If the Gay Pride movement and related events actually strived to show the world that we are normal people and not cross-dressing, sex crazed perverts running around in speedos, and bitchy little queens making fun of everybody's clothes, I'd be all for it. But when I went to my first pride, all I saw were cross-dressers, sex crazed perverts running around in speedos, and bitchy little queens making fun of my clothes.

I don't define myself by my sexual orientation, but it seems like many people do. I don't dress or act any different than any other guy I meet on the street. I just like men. That's it.

Not everyone dresses and acts like every other guy, though.

OmegasTits
09-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Not everyone dresses and acts like every other guy, though.

And not every gay guy is going to groom themselves immaculately with a wardrobe consisting of nothing but Abercrombie and Pacsun. Acceptance and tolerance works both ways. It's kinda hard to fight discrimination while you take copious amounts of time to make yourself look like a walking stereotype. Seriously, a burnt-orange tan, ray-bans, a Pacsun tee, and sandals in November? You live in a midwest suburb, not fucking San Fransisco Bay. Don't talk smack about my clothes while I'm actually dressed appropriately for the weather.

Alterkaker66
09-06-2013, 07:08 PM
I wish we could all just be, and look, like the individuals we are. If your thing is to dress to the nines, go for it. If your thing is pervy (as in not child friendly) keep it with the adults. If you want attention, shout it out. If you're a want to be seen for what's inside kind of person, let people get to know you. And if you're an ass hole like myself, stay home in your undies and just join a forum. -Ok, almost serious for a minute. There was a young average looking girl in Wal-mart with her hair dyed cherry red today. No one looked at her hair more than once. You have no idea how good that makes me feel. Normal is a setting on the fucking dryer.

Dylan Monroe
09-10-2013, 01:42 AM
And not every gay guy is going to groom themselves immaculately with a wardrobe consisting of nothing but Abercrombie and Pacsun. Acceptance and tolerance works both ways. It's kinda hard to fight discrimination while you take copious amounts of time to make yourself look like a walking stereotype. Seriously, a burnt-orange tan, ray-bans, a Pacsun tee, and sandals in November? You live in a midwest suburb, not fucking San Fransisco Bay. Don't talk smack about my clothes while I'm actually dressed appropriately for the weather.

Don't you see that you're 'talking smack' about their clothes, though?
I don't think you have to be a 'walking stereotype' or 'normal', just be yourself whether you fit one of those two types or something in between. I'm sorry if people made fun of your clothes or whatever but that would be on them, not on everyone who looks/acts like them.

MrBonestripper
09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
i truly believe that a lot of gay guys become or follow a stereotype, conciously or not, because they think they need to be that way in order to be gay
its what society expects of them

Dylan Monroe
09-11-2013, 04:10 PM
i truly believe that a lot of gay guys become or follow a stereotype, conciously or not, because they think they need to be that way in order to be gay
its what society expects of them

I definitely see that in straight men, too. Any group, really.

MrBonestripper
09-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I definitely see that in straight men, too. Any group, really.

absolutely

Shock Hazard
01-06-2014, 03:36 PM
When you have been repeatedly oppressed and told you are an abomination to this world simply for falling into temptation, you will naturally revolt against those who try to take away these humanly rights. Heterosexuals will never full understand this until they've been kept from something they rightfully deserve.