PDA

View Full Version : (Serious question) Can white people be victims of racism?

Iulian
06-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Look, I´d like to see some serious responses from you because in these last years (since I was a member of MansonUsa) I´ve seen some great responses on important topics. I had quite a fight with someone who had a different response than mine and I want to see the arguments from both sides. I don´t want to say more at the moment, because I want sincere replies, without being influences by the first post here.

Can white people be victims of racism?

Shangri-LIE
06-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes. Racism, and even sexism have reversed poles. More white people are victims of racially motivated crimes perpetrated by minorities than minorities are victims of racially motivated crimes perpetrated by whites. Some may even say that affirmative action is a form of racism. The same go's for Heterosexism. I'd post sources because everyone here can do their own research plus it always ends up becoming a "that's not a credible source" match, and also just whatever you want to believe. But yes, discrimination can happen to anyone.

mr.svperstar13
06-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Absolutely.

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 01:44 PM
-

Mugwump
06-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Maybe on an individual level, which isn't all that prevalent when compared to racism suffered by people of color.

I'd post credible statistical evidence, but you can trust me by my word.

Shangri-LIE
06-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Maybe on an individual level, which isn't all that prevalent when compared to racism suffered by people of color.

I'd post credible statistical evidence, but you can trust me by my word.

I see what you did there. lol

loftvoker
06-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Look, I´d like to see some serious responses from you because in these last years (since I was a member of MansonUsa) I´ve seen some great responses on important topics. I had quite a fight with someone who had a different response than mine and I want to see the arguments from both sides. I don´t want to say more at the moment, because I want sincere replies, without being influences by the first post here.

Yes. Do you recall affirmative action?! Think of a fireman. If he's fighting a brush fire surrounded by thousand degree flames, who would he want watching his back? A guy who scores a 99 or a guy who scores a sixty? You don't see half the NBA with whites, asians or mexicans.

thatrussianman
06-23-2013, 04:21 PM
"The blacks are marrying whites! White people are being victimized!"
Not a victim, but a racist himself.

"My black boss fired me because I was white."
Victim of racism.

Lucille
06-23-2013, 05:00 PM
It's almost racist to suggest that non-whites can't be racist. lol

BlueEyeLens
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Racism is fucking stupid. I will tell you this though, there are two kinds of black people, and two kinds of white people, and two kinds of whatever race a person is- a black person who's a crackhead, a thief, a heroin drug dealer, and are ignorant to everyone around them, are niggers- now, a black person who is a law abiding citizen, or a professional athlete or one who does good things for others, like Martin Luther King Jr, is NOT a nigger.
A white person who is a gang banger, a thug, a wannabe thug, a crackhead, a heroin junkie, a wife beater, an idiot with their pants past their hairy asshole, etc- IS a nigger, not a wigger, A NIGGER.
A white person who has an honest job, a musician, an artist, a law abidin' citizen, a person with an open mind, etc. is NOT a nigger.

What I am describing here, is actually non-racism related. When I'm using the word "nigger" as described above, is me saying "they're fucking scum, worthless, and has no self respect for themselves or other people around them." I don't give a shit about nazism or braindead skinheads.
They're niggers too.

Now before any of you jump to conclusions or assume anything- I am NOT a racist, nor a nigger, nor a wigger, nor a fucking retard.
I am implementing a different meaning of the word "nigger", in which is not racist-related.

Think about that. If more people can comprehend this, racism would be dead, cease to exist. After all, we're all human beings floating around the universe in a boat called the "Earth", might as well get fucking used to the other person's color of their skin. We're all living a life that we should be trying to good things and make something of ourselves. Grow, learn, educate, evolve, instead of going backwards on the evolution scale.

Thank you for reading.

The Empirical Guy
06-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Of course they can, cracka.

Racism is fucking stupid. I will tell you this though, there are two kinds of black people, and two kinds of white people, and two kinds of whatever race a person is- a black person who's a crackhead, a thief, a heroin drug dealer, and are ignorant to everyone around them, are niggers- now, a black person who is a law abiding citizen, or a professional athlete or one who does good things for others, like Martin Luther King Jr, is NOT a nigger.
A white person who is a gang banger, a thug, a wannabe thug, a crackhead, a heroin junkie, a wife beater, an idiot with their pants past their hairy asshole, etc- IS a nigger, not a wigger, A NIGGER.
A white person who has an honest job, a musician, an artist, a law abidin' citizen, a person with an open mind, etc. is NOT a nigger.

What I am describing here, is actually non-racism related. When I'm using the word "nigger" as described above, is me saying "they're fucking scum, worthless, and has no self respect for themselves or other people around them." I don't give a shit about nazism or braindead skinheads.
They're niggers too.

Now before any of you jump to conclusions or assume anything- I am NOT a racist, nor a nigger, nor a wigger, nor a fucking retard.
I am implementing a different meaning of the word "nigger", in which is not racist-related.

Think about that. If more people can comprehend this, racism would be dead, cease to exist. After all, we're all human beings floating around the universe in a boat called the "Earth", might as well get fucking used to the other person's color of their skin. We're all living a life that we should be trying to good things and make something of ourselves. Grow, learn, educate, evolve, instead of going backwards on the evolution scale.

Thank you for reading.

That's really a 'special' kind of thinking. I'm going to go ahead and hope it was a joke.

I don't have a problem with the word nigger as long as it's not used with any sort of vitriol or cruel intent, but to decide it's suddenly a synonym for scum regardless of race seems like a real quick way to run yourself in to trouble. While you're at it, try calling random people on the street cocksucking faggots, and then trying to explain to them that you decided the meaning of those words have changed to mean someone who's really cool.

Mugwump
06-23-2013, 07:17 PM
I agree with BlueEyeLens.

Tater
06-23-2013, 08:47 PM
This thread has 2 pages and I can sense the "going-to-shitdom" already. Ah, sweet internet forums.

Shangri-LIE
06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
That's because I am the only person who makes cool threads and hardly anyone replies to them, and when they do...it is very disappoint.

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 08:50 PM
my hamsters are disappointing Deri?

Shangri-LIE
06-23-2013, 08:51 PM
my hamsters are disappointing Deri?

No but you pounced on that reply quicker than one of your cats

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 08:52 PM
I have Deri sense, I can tell when you are bad mouthing me @_@

Shangri-LIE
06-23-2013, 08:54 PM
I have Deri sense, I can tell when you are bad mouthing me @_@

You weird arabian hooker. GET OFF MY TRAIN!

yuzukelly
06-23-2013, 08:55 PM
STOP HATING ME BECAUSE OF MY HERITAGE! ;_;

Mugwump
06-23-2013, 09:13 PM
This thread has 2 pages and I can sense the "going-to-shitdom" already. Ah, sweet internet forums.

Yeah. Welcome to Provider Module.

:(

BlueEyeLens
06-23-2013, 09:45 PM
lol, calling my statement and/or way of thinking of the word "nigger" is...."special".. I am a special motherfucker indeed. I am not going to explain what my statement is about because I couldn't have dumbed it down any further.

By the way.. Shangs= Wilde Carde...right? Why the hell did you disappear from my FB bro? What the helllll?! lol

The Empirical Guy
06-24-2013, 03:51 AM
You didn't need to dumb it down any further, I got it just fine at its current level of dumbness. The fact remains you can't just personally decide that a word's meaning has changed and not expect it to get a reaction out of people when they misunderstand or disagree because they use the established, actual meaning.

Iulian
06-24-2013, 05:25 AM
I have a Mexican friend who said this:

¨Being in a place where white people 'predominate' can't give a good reference since they're the majority, but here, in communities of people with an indigenous background, "white mexicans" or foreign white people can be victims of racism as a minority, mostly based on our history with spaniards. Myself I'll most likely be discriminated for being mexican outside my country first, but I mean when it's the other way round. Of course most of you live in the white world, where they're not a minority, but here's the other side of the coin. I understand that we're part of a world where 'whites' are the most empowered and racism is usually the other way around, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist..¨

It pretty much says what I was thinking but in better words. I asked this question on different forums and social media sites and, unlike here, there were replies where ¨no, we can´t, we have white priviledges¨ or ¨everyone can experience racism by hate/bias/discrimination but none other race could throw shade as white people do¨. Of course, the replies came from people of different races, whites included, so let´s not play the race card in this one.

Personally, I haven´t experienced it, most probably because I was born in a country where 90% of the population is white. Now I live in Spain, where we have all races, but I haven´t seen any acts of racism so far either, but I do think that it happens and it´s still a big problem in many countries. I was never raped, this doesn´t mean rape doesn´t exist, so I´m going with this logic for now..

Absolution
06-24-2013, 07:39 AM
It's racist to imply that racism can't strike a certain race

BlueEyeLens
06-24-2013, 11:06 AM
You didn't need to dumb it down any further, I got it just fine at its current level of dumbness. The fact remains you can't just personally decide that a word's meaning has changed and not expect it to get a reaction out of people when they misunderstand or disagree because they use the established, actual meaning.

I think it's about time we change the actual meaning, because what has the actual meaning done for us? Nothing but bring more violence and death to the table.
So why not change the actual meaning? You know you can create that kind of change with just enough push to do so. Besides, within evolution of life, everything has to change along with it. At any rate, I really only wanted to point out my point of view on the "nigger" word and racism. Anyone has the right to disagree with it, after all, it's another theory.

Atom
06-24-2013, 11:52 AM
What the fuck are you even trying to say? It's like you're trying to make some point but can't figure out how to actually sound coherent.

BlueEyeLens
06-24-2013, 05:33 PM
What I'm tryin' to say is... let's just all smoke some fat ass blunts and dance around like a bunch of gothic indians, with ...the indians. And fishin' rods, cause I'm gonna go fishin for pussy. OH HELL YEAH.

Shangri-LIE
06-27-2013, 09:14 AM
I grew up in an urban neighborhood, a ghetto, and was friends, still am friends with Blacks, Asians, Blacks, Blacks, and even people, (wait for it), that are of Middle Eastern descent. O_O

That doesn't make me not a racist. Do you know what does? I act like myself around them. I have used the word nigger around them, have made terrorist jokes WITH them, and have had discussions with a lot of people from other ethnicity's in the past, and that I still speak to today about holding a standard for your own culture, race, and just yourself if anything else. The point is "conversation". Getting to know each other. Knowing that people are not equal but at the same time deserve equal respect except for when they disgrace themselves and other people. That brings me to the next example of people I consider to be racist and they call themselves "WIGGERS". White people behaving like the stereotypical thug black man or woman who listens to rap music about killing cops, and smoking blunts/drinking 40's all day, sagging their pants, using slang in fake ass "black accents". That to me is pretty damn racist. It's like a modern day black face without it being seen as such, but it is.

If you cannot say the word nigger then you are a racist because you are afraid of being called a racist...because you are one. It's just the same with "white trash". I know A LOT of white trash and I have called other white people white trash before.

Edit - The problem isn't racism, it's xenophobia.

ThreeEyedGod
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Can anyone these days just admit that they just don't like black people?

Mugwump
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Can anyone these days just admit that they just don't like black people?

I love black people because they make smug white dorks feel so uncomfortable that those dorks can only go online and try to intellectualize their fear of blacks.

:-D

ThreeEyedGod
06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Is it only white people that don't like blacks?

Shangri-LIE
06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
I love black people because they make smug white dorks feel so uncomfortable that those dorks can only go online and try to intellectualize their fear of blacks.

:-D

N***a, you'z only sayin that coz u insecure wit yo own damn self. Now stop being a racist and go drink some more Pedialyte and calm yo ass down. "White dorks". I aint never heard such hypocratic hisnitz in my entire damn life. Talkin smack coz u can't cept yo own self. Plz

Mugwump
06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Lots of people hate blacks. Korean convenience store clerks, Mexicans, other black people.

ThreeEyedGod
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Convenience store clerks hate the very core of mankind.

0m3ga
06-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes.

BlueEyeLens
06-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Nigga what? Nigga huh?! Whatchu mean y'awl is green? WTF IS GREEN NIGGA? oh dat shit, DAT SHIT, SMOKE IT YO.

spaceSuicide
06-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Racism can be against any race of people. So Yes. Silly thread question, OP.

Shangri-LIE
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
What about hating other species of animals? Is that wrong?

yuzukelly
06-28-2013, 08:46 AM
^It's not even worth having a conversation with you because you twist things around and then try to defend yourself and believe it's clever. Like a child arguing with a teacher, trying to show off when it's really... stupid. What is your point with that post?

edit; I wanted to add, you try and make yourself come off as a victim even though you're a white male in the united states. White males can experience racism and sexism, but you honest to god think you have it worse than my father who immigrated from the middle east?

Shangri-LIE
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
^It's not even worth having a conversation with you because you twist things around and then try to defend yourself and believe it's clever. Like a child arguing with a teacher, trying to show off when it's really... stupid. What is your point with that post?

edit; I wanted to add, you try and make yourself come off as a victim even though you're a white male in the united states. White males can experience racism and sexism, but you honest to god think you have it worse than my father who immigrated from the middle east?

Was I speaking to you? Anyway, expect disciplinary action on here. You're tracking me around the boards and bringing up personal issues in public threads. I also never said that. So, I ask you to just stop. Honestly. Take Care.

yuzukelly
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm not bringing up personal issues... I was posting in this thread earlier and you posted, and just that whole post, it's making it come off as if you're as much of a victim. You are at an advantage, but you make a statement like that and it doesn't make sense.

Shangri-LIE
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm not bringing up personal issues... I was posting in this thread earlier and you posted, and just that whole post, it's making it come off as if you're as much of a victim. You are at an advantage, but you make a statement like that and it doesn't make sense.

When in this thread did I claim to be a victim? So just wait for your infraction and go post about other things. I don't know how much clearer I can get with "leave me alone". I've already blocked you EVERYWHERE else but here. So go away.

yuzukelly
06-28-2013, 09:19 AM
I googled "More white people are victims of racially motivated crimes perpetrated by minorities than minorities are victims of racially motivated crimes perpetrated by whites." and I came up with this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/fbi-hate-crimes-target-bl_n_1095465.html stating otherwise. Maybe you want to state where you got your information from, because just from that and other posts I've seen from you defending white males, it comes off as you think you have it as bad as non-whites or females.

I have not once tried to contact you on any other site, and even now I am just replying to a topic. You think you are a victim again, even though you attacked me in my own thread and I am staying on topic. Alright.

Shangri-LIE
06-28-2013, 09:24 AM
I googled "More white people are victims of racially motivated crimes perpetrated by minorities than minorities are victims of racially motivated crimes perpetrated by whites." and I came up with this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/fbi-hate-crimes-target-bl_n_1095465.html stating otherwise. Maybe you want to state where you got your information from, because just from that and other posts I've seen from you defending white males, it comes off as you think you have it as bad as non-whites or females.

I have not once tried to contact you on any other site, and even now I am just replying to a topic. You think you are a victim again, even though you attacked me in my own thread and I am staying on topic. Alright.

Great source btw ^. Also, yes "hate crimes". You missed everything I had to say about that in here and also in the hate thread about the incidents of black on white hate that aren't considered hate crimes for whatever reason. So statistically, yes, whites commit more hate crimes because they are the only ones usually charged with them. I posted some very key examples of the mentality of the black community and their lashing out at white people, especially over the Treyvon Martin case.

ThreeEyedGod
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Haha the Huffington Post is no place to cite for unbiased sources ( SPECIALLY when it comes to racial motivated issues).

They have such an abvious ' liberal' slant, they shit rainbow sprinkles.

Edit: anyone rlse think Shangs and Yuzu should just fuck away their differences?

Shangri-LIE
06-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Haha the Huffington Post is no place to cite for unbiased sources ( SPECIALLY when it comes to racial motivated issues).

They have such an abvious ' liberal' slant, they shit rainbow sprinkles.

Edit: anyone rlse think Shangs and Yuzu should just fuck away their differences?

Leave me out of this. lol - Back to the topic at hand.

Yes, liberal slants. Fuckin hate them. Dear God do I fucking hate them.

filthytothecore
06-28-2013, 01:30 PM
I'll agree with Shangs that most of the black on white crimes aren't reported as hate crimes because the media is too interested in pandering to minorities while screwing over everyone else just to put on their act of hippy dippy bullshit everyone is equal libtard crap.

This goes to Yuzu stop following people on other sites, It get's annoying pretty damn fast.

Mugwump
06-28-2013, 01:44 PM
There is no arguing with filthy and Shangs - combined they are like an impenetrable think tank with an unlimited wealth of knowledge and information.

Shangri-LIE
06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
There is no arguing with filthy and Shangs - combined they are like an impenetrable think tank with an unlimited wealth of knowledge and information.

Your nickname should be smugmump. What is it that you do again, exactly? Probably nothing important. From the information I've gathered all you do is ride dick and sit at home. I mean, considering the source, I don't take great offence to that. Have a good day, brah.

Mugwump
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Your nickname should be smugmump. What is it that you do again, exactly? Probably nothing important. From the information I've gathered all you do is ride dick and sit at home. I mean, considering the source, I don't take great offence to that. Have a good day, brah.

You've been gathering information about me?

Yikes.

Celebrity Killing Spree
07-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Depends on what you mean when you say "racism." If you mean any prejudice or discrimination based solely on race, then yes. If you mean what most people mean when they say "racism" which is more or less "anytime a white person doesn't feel guilty for being white," then no.

But seriously, everyone is innately racist to some degree. It's hard wired in the brain to categorize others and to be more suspicious of members of another tribe. You can't unlearn it, you can only learn to live as if it doesn't matter in a civilized context. which it doesn't.

MechanicalAnimal
07-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Sure can. Moments after the Zimmerman verdict, I literally received a death threat from an African American that I thought was my friend, solely because I was Caucasian. People like that amaze me. They're so pissed off about racism, so to retaliate and support Treyvon Martin they threaten innocent whites, therefore being racist themselves, and being no better than Zimmerman. I know the racism topic isn't just about Zimmerman, but that's just how it applied in this situation.

ThreeEyedGod
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Can non whites br racist?

Is Treyvon Martin eating skittles in heaven?

johncraze
08-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Yes they can, and with no apparent consequence (unlike what happens if there is someone from african descent envolved). It just shows that between black folk and white folk there is only one that actually has an engrained discontent towards their own skin color, otherwise the whole resentment wouldn't make any sense at all.

For me it is a shame that the only real difference between descriminating a white and a black is that one is just ignored while the other is quite overprotected due to some useless "inferiority complex" derived from the fact of being african origin. People shouldn't feel less just for what they are, but frankly they do obssess about it because in the end victimization is tempting and gives you "the right" to perpetuate the subject no matter how old it is getting.

The best would be if no one gave a fuck, whatever your color is you can still be an asshole.

Shangri-LIE
09-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Anyone who says no is admitting that the Caucasian race is the superior race. If you cannot be a victim of racism that makes you the purebred superordinate. Think about it.

YoureAlreadyHere
09-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Racism is the blanket assholes use to keep warm at night.

BTW, Blueeyelens, I got what you were saying a few pages back in regards to your interpretation and the used of the word "nigger", but I also agree that such a historical term is going to create some responses and havoc.

I once found myself in a situation where I was jumped on because I used the term "retarded" with the intent completely different than the dictionary definition or derogatory term most middle aged woman of today find dramatically offensive (apparently) - what they had failed to realize was my aunt has downsyndrome, and retardation was never used in a way to refer to Her or her condition, rather it was a word thrown around to express people with idiotic ideas/mannerisms- I learned to be careful with how I express things because just because my perception of something is okay, doesn't mean it won't offend someone else. (JK, i generally don't give a fuck. JK again... I just have a hard time holding my tongue.)

I firmly believe perspective arrives from environments- I won't teach my daughter to use the term "retarded" as I do, nor will I encourage her to use any other derogatory terms.

I just wish people could break all the existing molds and ways of thought- let the past be the Past, love your neighbor (unless s/he is an asshole), and put an end to any perceived asshattery by just letting it go- if you see it/hear it: ignore it, don't flip the fuck out and use some form of the victimization card. And don't teach it, spread it, leech it.

Lets just all move the fuck on, and focus on bigger problems, like the "work camps", human trafficking, the sex slave industry.

People here in America, especially, need to move on from the distant past- I understand that everyone should be aware of history as an attempt to prevent it from occurring again, but some people just instill these horrible victim mentalities, where these people now expect everything to be handed to them because of the suffrage their ancestors experienced. Know this, you dumbass backwards idiots, I AM NOT MY ANCESTOR. Stop being racist. Do not harbor resentment towards me!

Harbor resentment to the asshole that directly wrongs you, regardless of ethnicity/race/gender/etc.

*steps off soapbox*

Mr Superstar
09-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Anyone who says no is admitting that the Caucasian race is the superior race. If you cannot be a victim of racism that makes you the purebred superordinate. Think about it.

i totally agree with this opinion

Cat
05-07-2015, 01:36 AM

Of course... everybody can be victims of everything....... the question is what should be allowed ( by law ) to defend yourself if you get attacked for example?!

Because sometimes people get charged just because they were defending themselves or others.

Shangri-LIE
05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
No. That's absurd. Only black people can be victims of racism. They are the only ones that have been enslaved, exterminated and/or discriminated against. #blacklivesmatteronlywhenawhitepersonkillsoneevent houghblackpeoplekillmoreblackpeoplethanwhitepeople killblackpeople lol

Penance Sentence
05-07-2015, 04:03 PM
MM said something like, since racism is basically about perceiving one group to be better than another group, the anti-racists perceive themselves to be superior to the racists, ironically. lol