PDA

View Full Version : VIP Exclusive Merch Item? A Poster from the merch booth?!?

buffylover29
06-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Ok,

I can't be the only one who is upset about the "Exclusive Merch Item" that we received. A cheap poster that they were selling at the merch booth for $10. I would post a photo of it here but like probably everyone elses it got destroyed during the concert. I was upset about this after receiving a nice mask last time. I emailed info@adventuresinwonderland.com about this. I encourage EVERYONE to take a couple of minutes out of your day to do the same and hopefully we get some sort of results in the form of a better merch item for all of us. The below is what I emailed to them. Let's do this guys, lets get results!

"Hello, I bought and attened the meet and greet in buffalo on June 14th 2013. It states in the description of the package that we would receive an "Exclusive Merch Item". We received a cheap poster that was being sold at the merch table for $10. How is this an "Exclusive Merch Item", it's far from it. This is the second time I have paid for the marilyn manson meet and greet, the other time we received a nice exclusive mask. This time however we were all disappointed in what we got. By "we" I mean all the other people who were at the meet and greet, we all discussed this matter at the meet and greet itself. I am not the only one who is mad about this, I know for a fact that there have been other complaints sent to you about this. Please let me know asap what I should expect as a resolution to this situation. I will be updating the marilyn manson fourm with this situation and keep it updated as to the results. The forum has thousands of fans on it, also about 90% of the people who order this package from you so they will be very interested in the response you give."

Norsefire
06-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I agree that it isn't really exclusive. It is cool they changed the merch so those who did the VIP last year or earlier this year are getting different stuff, but it would have been better if they printed a different image so it was exclusive, or even one of Manson's paintings would have made for a cool print like they have done on the t shirts you get.

There are some pics and also comments from other's about this poster being the exclusive merch in the VIP general questions thread: http://www.providermodule.com/forum/showthread.php/5017-VIP-Package-General-Questions/page37

jembliss
06-25-2013, 10:13 AM
I sent them an email also letting them know I was pissed over that "exclusive" poster that everyone else can get........

They responded with this..

Adventures In Wonderland

Hi Melissa-

I understand your disappointment. How can we fix this for you?

MechanicalAnimal
06-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I would suggest to them that either they send out a different piece of merchandise (not sold at the shows, as it wouldn't be exclusive) to everyone that has done the meet and greet on this leg, as well as future participants, or maybe a voucher to the official Marilyn Manson merchandise store online?

buffylover29
06-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Funny how they never responded to me at all... also, jembliss, send them a link to this page to show them that there are others who are upset about this issue

FeedYourHead
06-25-2013, 12:32 PM
I can't believe you guys are complaining about it this much tbh.

MechanicalAnimal
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Funny how they never responded to me at all... also, jembliss, send them a link to this page to show them that there are others who are upset about this issue

Just posted a link to this thread on their Facebook as a comment to my previously posted rant. : )

MechanicalAnimal
06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
I can't believe you guys are complaining about it this much tbh.

For $150, I should be able to have the photo taken how I please and not have my not-so-exclusive merch get destroyed, period. It's not like the VIP package is $20. If that was the case I wouldn't view it as such a big deal. But that's just me, personally.

buffylover29
06-25-2013, 12:39 PM
For $150, I should be able to have the photo taken how I please and not have my not-so-exclusive merch get destroyed, period. It's not like the VIP package is $20. If that was the case I wouldn't view it as such a big deal. But that's just me, personally.

Yep, no kidding, my "exclusive Merch Item" got wrecked 3 minutes into the show. Its just a small cheap poster, doesnt even cost a dollar to print. What a rip off. I've done two of these now, the whole experience isnt very organized, the mer item sucked, manson was nice though. I just want something better thatn a crappy poster for my hard earned money. I've sent two emails so far with no response. Does anyone on here have any other email addresses for them?

FeedYourHead
06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
No I definitely agree that there are aspects to complain about - starting with the fact that it has been over 72 hours and we still haven't received our photos, everything is always rushed, and the poster would obviously get destroyed during the show. I just don't think that whether or not the item is as "exclusive" as possible is a legitimate argument, considering everything else that's included. Also, that poster looks way more expensive than the crappy plastic manson masks we got last time.

buffylover29
06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Also, I dont quite understand how anyone who did the meet and greet is happy with the quality of the "exclusive merch item" that we received was. I was super disappointed to walk over to the merch booth and see that I could have just slapped down $10 for the poster. What a let down.

buffylover29
06-25-2013, 12:43 PM
No I definitely agree that there are aspects to complain about - starting with the fact that it's been over 72 hours and we still haven't received our photos, everything is always rushed, and the poster would obviously get destroyed during the show. I just don't think that whether or not the item is as "exclusive" as possible is a legitimate argument, considering everything else that's included.

It is absolutely a legitimate argument for not having the item be exclusive! Just for the simple fact that they list it as one of the features of the meet and greet package! Why put "Exclusive Merch Item" right on the page?? I collect manson items and that "item" meant just as much to me as a autograph!

loveinfoil
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
I completely agree. The package said "exclusive" merch item and we sure as hell did not receive that, let alone the fact that anyone who has EVER attended a concert like this would know that the poster would get trashed in a second. But my main complaint is not that they failed to give us the exclusive merch they promised, but that there were so many other problems with the meet and greet, including not letting us in before the general admission. Early entry was part of the package and if they couldn't guarantee that, then they shouldn't have listed it as an item. I've emailed them and have yet to hear anything back. That was days ago.

FeedYourHead
06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
The shirt was exclusive. And also different from last time.

MechanicalAnimal
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
I posted on their Facebook page, someone commented saying that if it's not as described (as far as actually getting in before everyone else, and I mean getting up front, not coming back from the VIP and the doors have already opened to the general public, and photos not being rushed and crappy) they were going to contact a lawyer for false advertisement...

buffylover29
06-25-2013, 12:59 PM
The shirt was exclusive. And also different from last time.

NO the shirt was a shirt. different or not, the shirt was a SEPERATE item that was listed. Comes down to the fact that we DIDNT RECEIVE A EXCLUSIVE MERCH ITEM.

buffylover29
06-25-2013, 01:04 PM
I completely agree. The package said "exclusive" merch item and we sure as hell did not receive that, let alone the fact that anyone who has EVER attended a concert like this would know that the poster would get trashed in a second. But my main complaint is not that they failed to give us the exclusive merch they promised, but that there were so many other problems with the meet and greet, including not letting us in before the general admission. Early entry was part of the package and if they couldn't guarantee that, then they shouldn't have listed it as an item. I've emailed them and have yet to hear anything back. That was days ago.

They are getting many complaints, the only way we will ever get this resolved is if you guys contact them as well, don't hesitate people!

Cringeon
06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Okay, this isn't the place to take up disputes. Do this through Adventure's official channels, either their FB or official page.

FeedYourHead
06-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Okay, this isn't the place to take up disputes. Do this through Adventure's official channels, either their FB or official page.

lol but the fact that they linked to this page is awesome publicity for the site.

LittlePistol
06-25-2013, 01:49 PM
I have done 2 meet and greets this tour, and received the mask and the poster. To be honest...I don't do the meet and greets for the 'exclusive item'. For me, its more about seeing Manson, getting my pictures, and chatting with him for a minute. I mean..yeah it would have been cool to know about the poster ahead of time so I didn't buy one, but...honestly its not that big of a deal. (to me).

I think that if people make a big 3 ring circus over a $10 poster, it is probably going to make them think twice about continuing to do the M&Gs.

I mean for $150 you got to meet Manson, get things signed, get some photos, you got an awesome (IMO) shirt, and the laminate.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.....

If your poster got trashed in the pit...how is that their fault? You didn't HAVE to take it in. 99% of the time you have an opportunity to take stuff to your car before the show, or usually they have a coat check as well. What about the people that spend $450 for the Manson painting....they aren't throwing a fit about having to carry around a 'poster'.

I don't know. I mean..I'm sorry that people are disappointed but...I feel like its being blown way out of proportion.

Besides....any 'exclusive' items aren't really exclusive anyways. You can hop on ebay right now and find a bajillion 'exclusive' Manson masks from the last leg.

FeedYourHead
06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Can I just point out that "lol but the fact that they linked to this page is awesome publicity for the site." was my 1,000th post and I did not even realize.

MechanicalAnimal
06-25-2013, 02:18 PM
My main concern is my photo with Manson, and having it the way I would like for it to be. I've seen a lot of meet & greet photos. Some are great, and I'm sorry to say, but some look like absolute shit and aren't even in focus. That is absolutely unacceptable for $150, especially since you're not allowed to bring your own camera in, and that just goes to show how rushed it's gotten, the photographer isn't even taking enough time to guarantee focus of the shot. I've even heard that Manson's had to argue with the photographer to take the photo the way the participant wanted it to be. But I agree with the mod, we should take it up with Adventures In Wonderland directly, so I'm retiring from this thread. I hope everyone has a great experience at their meet & greet, best of luck!

Tater
06-25-2013, 03:12 PM
No I definitely agree that there are aspects to complain about - starting with the fact that it has been over 72 hours and we still haven't received our photos, everything is always rushed, and the poster would obviously get destroyed during the show. I just don't think that whether or not the item is as "exclusive" as possible is a legitimate argument, considering everything else that's included. Also, that poster looks way more expensive than the crappy plastic manson masks we got last time.

Honestly, this was definitely the most rushed I have EVER been. She didn't let me pose for my photos at all and didn't even want me to have one with my mum because that would be "breaking the rules" since we're only supposed have 1 (even though they were taking two of everyone...?) each until the big boy insisted. And it is so super duper annoying that the pictures haven't been sent yet. D:<
I don't have a serious issue with the poster, mine didn't get destroyed because I rolled it, but I have to say it is annoying that it's not something exclusive because the merch items used to seem like a big part of the whole shebang and now they just seem like something they're forced to offer. I understand the people complaining because is the worst I experienced the Meet and Greet staff/merch even thought it was the happiest and most talkative I've encountered Manson.

My whiny complaining negative bitchass aside, it's the take what you can get bag, have fun with whatever occurs and make the best of it or something I don't fucking know.

Terrapin
06-25-2013, 04:22 PM
So something that's always sounded cheap and shitty actually turns out to be cheap and shitty? No way!

As long as they continue raking in $150 a pop off crazed fans, they couldn't give a fuck.

kleiner352
06-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Anyone have a photo of the poster? Would love to know what all the fuss is about.

FeedYourHead
06-25-2013, 04:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/C6brBlY.jpg

MechanicalAnimal
06-25-2013, 05:03 PM
OK, this is bullshit. Adventures In Wonderland deleted all of the complaints made by other concerned participants (about being rushed, no early entry, etc.) on my post on their Facebook page. Really, coming from a "professional company" that has $300 of mine?! I'm sorry if they're embarrassed, but that's their own fucking fault, not mine. This is ridiculous. Have they never heard of customer service? How convenient for them, considering the packages are nonrefundable, so basically they don't have to respond or take responsibility. The only thing they do take, apparently, is your money. OK, NOW I'm retiring from this thread. Good luck, everyone. If you'd like to discuss this further with me, feel free to PM.

kleiner352
06-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Feed: thanks for the pic and thanks for the nice little touch! It's appreciated, seriously.

OT: I can see why people are upset over that. It's a pretty standard image this tour and if they're already selling it cheaply out front, then calling it exclusive is such a buzzword it's not even funny. I've seen several complaints lately about the Adventures in Wonderland guys, but they seem to be getting a lot of nice money out of what they're doing so I don't see it changing often.

As someone who hasn't gone to any of these, I would probably just be happy to be meeting Manson, coming up with something unique for him to sign, etc., but if you've been multiple times then a lot of the more "petty" (I guess small-scale is a better term?) issues people are having would be pretty frustrating. I'm about to buy two tickets to my first concert to any band or show ever (somewhat cheaply, I might add), and the total 120 or so bucks is a little steep for me even then. If I was spending 150 dollars per ticket and not getting all of the advertised features, like early seating, etc. then I would absolutely do/say something.

Best of luck to you guys; I really do hope they sort this garbage out so something like this doesn't have to get bogged down by tiny details.

buffylover29
06-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Ok, I actually got a response from them asking what I wanted in replacement for the poster. I told them a mask or anything else thats exclusive. they responded back saying they would give the shirt from the last tour, which I already have since I paid for the meet and greet alst time as well. I told them this and sent them the quote of another member "being told at the San Diego show, by one of the GT co-ordinators, that the exclusive merch item was going to a Manson Absinthe glass." we will see what happens.

Norsefire
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Maybe it's an idea they had but it didn't happen so that's probably why they went with the poster.

Being offered the other shirt isn't a bad deal, if you've already done the previous VIP then you've already gotten it, but for those that didn't I think that's a great offer from them.

jembliss
06-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Ok, I actually got a response from them asking what I wanted in replacement for the poster. I told them a mask or anything else thats exclusive. they responded back saying they would give the shirt from the last tour, which I already have since I paid for the meet and greet alst time as well. I told them this and sent them the quote of another member "being told at the San Diego show, by one of the GT co-ordinators, that the exclusive merch item was going to a Manson Absinthe glass." we will see what happens.

^They offered me the shirt from last tour as well and I accepted the offer and apologized for being an ass:)

MechanicalAnimal
06-28-2013, 09:22 PM
^They offered me the shirt from last tour as well and I accepted the offer and apologized for being an ass:)

If you don't actually email and ask for a replacement do they not offer it themselves?

jembliss
06-28-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't think so but if you are unhappy with the poster just email them and let them know about it.

TacK666
06-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Just meeting the guy is worth the 150 to me. Is it pre or after show? Mine is in a few weeks in Atlanta.

Norsefire
06-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I think they've all been pre-show.

AIW aren't going to offer people a choice of having that other t shirt as well. I'm sure most people are probably quite happy having that poster, but at least they're offering something out to those who aren't totally happy with that.

MechanicalAnimal
06-29-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm happy with the poster, as I was going to buy it anyway. Here's to hoping it doesn't get trashed! Just two more weeks!

Snuffy
06-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Late to the party, but the mask wasn't exclusive either, I already had one and didn't need another. I AM super glad the shirt this time was black, I've never even worn the one from last time and never will....I mean, white? Which, actually that exclusive shirt from last time is now being sold, but better, in black. They just need to stop with the false shit, like 'after party' last time, do you know how many thought it was going to be an actual party? At least this time we got our own water and didn't have to share with strangers ffs!

Tbh it's shitty to say that's one of the perks and it's really not, but it's the same as "VIP treatment", wtf is that all about anyways haha.

tl;dr what I want to say is, why does he use these people? I've done other meet and greets and a staff member, (security or tour manager) handles things. We line up, take our turn talking then get a pic. Honestly he should just do that, these GT people are just ugh. His management should be alerted also, they might not have any idea that these people are that bad.

Oh, and from the sounds of it, they're really behind, Holli said twice "the office girl" was sick, the other girl is in Europe. So is it literally just 3 chicks handling this?

MechanicalAnimal
06-30-2013, 03:19 AM
Late to the party, but the mask wasn't exclusive either, I already had one and didn't need another. I AM super glad the shirt this time was black, I've never even worn the one from last time and never will....I mean, white? Which, actually that exclusive shirt from last time is now being sold, but better, in black. They just need to stop with the false shit, like 'after party' last time, do you know how many thought it was going to be an actual party? At least this time we got our own water and didn't have to share with strangers ffs!

Tbh it's shitty to say that's one of the perks and it's really not, but it's the same as "VIP treatment", wtf is that all about anyways haha.

tl;dr what I want to say is, why does he use these people? I've done other meet and greets and a staff member, (security or tour manager) handles things. We line up, take our turn talking then get a pic. Honestly he should just do that, these GT people are just ugh. His management should be alerted also, they might not have any idea that these people are that bad.

Oh, and from the sounds of it, they're really behind, Holli said twice "the office girl" was sick, the other girl is in Europe. So is it literally just 3 chicks handling this?

Most bands do their VIPs themselves, so why he feels the need to use a company, I have no clue. I thought about writing him a letter about everything that has been happening (rushed lines, some people not getting early entry, horrible photos compared to Twins Of Evil, etc.) and just giving it to him. Since I'll only have 30 seconds, if that, to tell him how much he has meant to me over the passed 15 years, etc., I didn't want to waste that time alerting him of the shittiness of Adventures In Wonderland, hence having a prewritten letter prepared.

I emailed Adventures In Wonderland asking if the person taking the photos was even a trained photographer, because I don't see how they could be. If you check out their Facebook, you'll notice other band M&Gs don't look so bad...why is it just Manson's? Here's a 30 Seconds To Mars M&G I found on Google Image from this year: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu5dupAA5E1qf0mqqo1_500.jpg Even downsized to that small of an image it's nowhere near as bad as the Manson ones...

Norsefire
06-30-2013, 05:37 AM
That 30 second to Mars photo looks like every others Manson photo to me, can't really see any difference in quality myself.

As for the mask, it was exclusive because even though a mask was sold about 10 years ago it's no longer available. If I remember right it wasn't on sale for that long originally anyway, so I thought it was cool they were giving them out because it gave me a chance to get one.
Also the exclusive white shirt, and now a black version is being sold on the merch stand, the white shirt was and still is exclusive. AIW have probably no idea a black version was made available.

I think some people have genuine complaints but others are just trying to find anything to complain about with this.

MechanicalAnimal
06-30-2013, 06:12 AM
That 30 second to Mars photo looks like every others Manson photo to me, can't really see any difference in quality myself.

As for the mask, it was exclusive because even though a mask was sold about 10 years ago it's no longer available. If I remember right it wasn't on sale for that long originally anyway, so I thought it was cool they were giving them out because it gave me a chance to get one.
Also the exclusive white shirt, and now a black version is being sold on the merch stand, the white shirt was and still is exclusive. AIW have probably no idea a black version was made available.

I think some people have genuine complaints but others are just trying to find anything to complain about with this.

Were you ever able to check those photo sets of yours?

Norsefire
06-30-2013, 06:31 AM
Were you ever able to check those photo sets of yours?

The photos I got at my shows were all huge files.

MechanicalAnimal
06-30-2013, 08:19 AM
The photos I got at my shows were all huge files.

OK, thanks for checking. Guess I'll just have to wait it out and see.

Cringeon
06-30-2013, 11:34 AM
I've checked 2 sets from TOE and 2 sets from MoM - all of them are huge resolutions (at least 2000x2000 in most cases). It does seem some get cropped depending on if they were shot landscape vs portrait, but definitely still huge files (each pic was on average 2-3MB a piece).

FeedYourHead
06-30-2013, 11:52 AM
^ yeah. All of mine from ToE, random leg of solo dates in between (HCW ?), and MoM are gigantic.

MechanicalAnimal
06-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Awesome, that's very encouraging to hear!

Snuffy
06-30-2013, 10:42 PM

I wasn't so much complaining, I don't need the merch tbh. I just mean they should stop with the hype they can't deliver. Things that are not exclusive, (the mask was sold all the fuck over online, even oriental trading lol) and this crap which is my favorite "Rockstar VIP Service Provided By Adventures in Wonderland" haha. It was run much better this time than the first round (which I was so pissy about).

It's a shit company making money off something that could be done with a staff member of his is my main point.