PDA

View Full Version : Bat-Fleck vs. Superman

Celebrity Killing Spree
08-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Bat-Fleck!!! Really? REALLY!!!

I'd rather see an 80 year old Adam West fight Superman.

I guess his utility belt will be equipped with plenty if douche.

Ben Affleck and Zac Snyder. This will be worse than both of the Schumacher movies.

Before you say "Don't judge it until you've seen it." I've seen plenty enough to know that Affleck is terrible. Also let's not pretend like he has a sterling record with super hero movies.

Celebrity Killing Spree
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM
"But... But that's what people said when Heath Ledger was cast as the joker."

No it's not the same thing. Nobody thought Ledger was necessarily a bad actor. They just didn't see him as any kind if fit for the role.

Affleck actually is terrible and has a long track record.

But I guess the studio wanted someone with *cough* credibility. And... You know... Zac Snyder spent most of the 90's playing ultimate frisbee so you can't blame him for missing Armageddon.

Dronepool
08-23-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll post what I said on FB

Ben Affleck had nothing to do with the bad script and direction of Daredevil. People are going batshit over something silly. People complained in 1988/1989 as well and Michael wasn't well received as Batman at first. I love Batman and I will wait for the trailer. If its good,great. If it sucks... Its just a movie! Watch it for free or ignore it.

Why so serious?

;)

BlueEyeLens
08-24-2013, 02:21 AM
Shit man, they should have just casted Kevin Smith, and dress him up in the same batman costume he wore in "MallRats" and Jason Mewes can be his bisexual Robin sidekick. This is insulting that Affleck is gonna be the new batman. >.>

DecayingSinner
08-24-2013, 08:52 AM
I actually thought the Superman movie was more insulting. That was such a piece of garbage.

Alterkaker66
08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Nope, can't see Affleck in the part. Of course, I don't think I could actually see any of the other actors that have played Batman in the part. Especially Christian Bale. Of course, that opens up the question, which Batman are we discussing? The way the character has changed since its inception in Detective Comics is an awe inspiring piece of marketing bullshit. That being said, I prefer the just as psycho as the psychos version that started showing up around the first Arkhum Asylum graphic novel in the late 80's.

MrBonestripper
08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
ben affleck is stinky

Mi-CroMartie
08-26-2013, 05:10 PM
I actually thought the Superman movie was more insulting. That was such a piece of garbage.

The 2013 version or the Christopher Reeves one?

Lucille
08-26-2013, 08:48 PM
A little soon for there to already be a new Batman...don't you think? I feel like this is only happening because the Superman franchise is desperate since the new movie sucked balls.

As for Affleck playing Batman? Why does anyone honestly give a shit? If you don't like what he does, give it a few years and there'll be another Batman.

Dronepool
08-26-2013, 11:11 PM
I consider the Man of Steel the best Superman movie, yes better than the first two classics just because MOS is more fun to watch.

MisanthroPope
08-27-2013, 09:15 AM
I though Ben was really good in The Town and not much else. I do think he is capable of pulling off a good performance but I don't see him as Batman AT ALL. I don't give a shit about Superman so I'll never watch this anyway. If BatBen gets a standalone film down the road I may check it out.

DecayingSinner
08-28-2013, 02:34 PM
The 2013 version or the Christopher Reeves one?

The 2013 Superman. That was such a disappointment.

Celebrity Killing Spree
08-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah I can't say I cared for Man of Steel either.

Snyder is a frat boy. He hasn't made a single good movie that wasn't already a good thing. They've mostly been adaptations and as much as I like the watchmen, it's a good film because it's an almost frame for frame rendition of the book. Basically anyone could have made that.

MOS was just wrong from it's inception. The naturalistic take really works for Batman but just makes Supes into a predictably boring and somehow less relatable Christ figure. Also there are a few scenes that were just laughably bad.

So, to me, Affleck and Snyder are the perfect storm of shit.

spaceSuicide
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I have zero interest in this movie. I bet the plot and actual execution will be terrible but it'll be a box office smash by default due to the content, which is horseshit really.

StevCCCC
08-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Just a mash-up of Affleck's acting prowess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZyfDajJM4I

Mi-CroMartie
08-30-2013, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBuHcLBK5Eo

For me, Christian Bale is only 2nd compared to Michael Keaton's batman.. Hands down.

Hexon.Arq
09-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Man Of Steel is the very first movie I have ever nodded off to in a theater. By the midpoint I realized I had zero emotional investment in that film, and I can say the same of this one from the beginning. If it's as written-and-cut solely for a slick trailer as the first one, they can cast Rob Schneider as Batman; it won't detract anything.