09-27-2013, 08:22 PM
i know, right? sad.

wow ... is that ... michael keaton?

Mi-CroMartie
09-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah, and Samuel L. Jackson too.

MisanthroPope
09-28-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure this little project was a cream pie sandwich from the get go.

spaceSuicide
09-29-2013, 01:32 PM
This movie looks like shit.

CellarOwl
09-30-2013, 09:40 AM
This will be one of the worst reboots ever, even worse than Total Recall (also shot in Toronto, did they learn nothing?)... and it's PG13. What a waste of time and money.

Anyway, it's an odd choice this was primarily shot in Toronto... a booming metropolis that has more skyscrapers in development than any other city in the world. Meanwhile Detroit, the original setting, has actually turned into the destitute, shrinking, crime-ridden shithole that the film depicted. It would have been perfect. If anything, they could use a Robocop now more than ever (also the production business...)

As Stephen Colbert said, “It turns out, ‘Robocop’ was an optimistic view of Detroit’s future.”

Who knew?

Also, anytime Toronto is supposed to stand in for another city in a movie, the end product is always fucking terrible. ALWAYS. So yeah, the movie has that going for it already.

Mi-CroMartie
09-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Cracked.com wrote an article about it, I agree with this one.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-signs-new-robocop-movie-might-be-terrible/

Hazekiah
10-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Still totally psyched for this movie. The director's Elite Squad movies are excellent and this cast is absolutely phenomenal.

Not sweating the rating at all, either. Would I prefer it to be rated R? Fuck, yeah...I want an X-rated RoboCop, ffs! But that's not where the business is right now. As I see it, someone out there ponied-up over 100 MILLION DOLLARS to revive a long-dormant and horribly mishandled franchise with amazing potential that's never really been realized except for the first two films. If they need to trim it down to a PG-13 to make it financially viable, well...that's literally their business, not mine.

Also, they spent a good bit of time shooting exteriors in Detroit, the original movie wasn't actually filmed there either anyway, and the Total Recall remake was perfectly fine.

:P