View Full Version : Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Terrapin
10-24-2013, 04:05 PM
So this movie is looking pretty sweet.

http://youtu.be/NLWsK1ZFunA

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/captainamericathewintersoldier/

Alterkaker66
10-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Does anyone else get annoyed with the endless re-scripting of characters and origins employed by both DC Comics and Marvel ?
Updating is one thing, but oy.....I can't keep up wtih the umpteenth versions. I guess I need to enjoy the movies and think less.

Dronepool
10-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Looks more fun than the new Thor movie (didn't really like the first Thor and not a big 'solo Thor' fan personally)

Hazekiah
10-26-2013, 02:51 AM
After they managed to make Iron Man into a decent, believable movie, it always looked like Thor and Cap were gonna be the trouble spots for the Marvel movies. They're just soooo hokey, lol. I was very, very pleasantly surprised by their initial films, however. They were just ten times better than any Thor and Cap movies had any right to be, so no real complaints there.

Looks like Marvel's really upping the ante with Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Both like absolutely great! Really psyched to finally get Phase II underway for real after the mostly standalone Iron Man III.

And it's too bad that Cap's still got his mongoloid-retard helmet/cowl from The Avengers...but at least they're steadily improving that godawful uniform he wore last time around. Much better now. Just get that goddamned helmet off him a.s.a.p., thanks.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the endless re-scripting of characters and origins employed by both DC Comics and Marvel ?
Updating is one thing, but oy.....I can't keep up wtih the umpteenth versions. I guess I need to enjoy the movies and think less.

What exactly is bothering you along those lines from this trailer? Aside from Steve and Bucky's separation and crash(es), all the portrayals in this sequel look pretty straightforward and faithful to the traditional characters and relationships established (and re-established) in the comics.

Alterkaker66
10-26-2013, 03:22 PM
What exactly is bothering you along those lines from this trailer? Aside from Steve and Bucky's separation and crash(es), all the portrayals in this sequel look pretty straightforward and faithful to the traditional characters and relationships established (and re-established) in the comics.
The problem is that I was speaking in generalities while in a specific thread. I remember fishing my cousins ratty copies of Detective Comics and The Amazing Spiderman out of the back of his closet where he hid them from my aunt. It's not that I want to return to the sometimes inane character developement and story lines of that period. I just get distracted trying to put the pieces together in my head. You know, the where was this character while that one was fighting bad guy X sort of thing. *bowing out, with apologies*