PDA

View Full Version : Tour [0009]: Aug 16 2014 - Alt Fest - Northamptonshire, England, UK *CANCELED*

Norsefire
12-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Saturday August 16 2014
ALT FEST
Venue: Boughton Estate

Tickets
http://www.alt-fest.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwCzhntSTU

Members Attending:

Norsefire

Cringeon
12-25-2013, 11:00 AM
If finances and work can fall in line - I'm definitely going to try and make this one. Timing is pefect.

Norsefire
12-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm 99% sure I will be there, so I put name in lol. It's a Saturday which I don't have to work and I have no other plans and I think it's about an hour and 40 mins down the road from me.

It will be interesting to see what Marilyn Manson does for this headlining slot. I would be totally happy to get what he just gave the US, but IF this turns out to be a one off show, would he bring a huge stage set up with him or a more stripped down show?
I don't really mind either way, I'm happy it's the UK that's getting a show. :D

MrPogo
12-25-2013, 03:41 PM
I'll go if I can get a day ticket, but having not paid any attention to the wider metal scene for years I have no interest in going for the whole weekend* and 85 is a bit steep for a short festival set.

*there only two bands all weekend who I actively want to see, about three others I know are alright and only four more I even recognise the name of.

Norsefire
12-25-2013, 04:41 PM
That's the thing with Festivals though, you pay more because you're getting more. So it's not a bad price, unless you're just going for really one or two bands and then it is expensive.

shrubberyhorizon
12-25-2013, 06:09 PM
bought my ticket for this. Looks amazing.

Norsefire
12-25-2013, 06:17 PM
I only really want a day ticket, which go on sale at a later date. So I have to wait to get mine.

whinst
12-26-2013, 03:19 AM
According to the number of bands which are playing there the tickets aren't so expensive. I'll definitely be there! I've been waiting for a MM's concert for almost 2 years.

MrPogo
12-26-2013, 03:41 AM
That's the thing with Festivals though, you pay more because you're getting more. So it's not a bad price, unless you're just going for really one or two bands and then it is expensive.

Well, yeah. On a different note, I think it's a shame we've become so obsessed with huge multi-day, multi-stage festivals in this country. In the late 90s/early 00's I went to a few awesome one day festivals with only one or two stages (and the two day stage ones being in basically the same place with no clash between the bands, so there was almost non-stop music with one stage being set up whilst a band was playing on the other). That meant there were great bands on all day and you could watch all of them, instead of a choice of six stages full of random nobodies until about 8pm when suddenly the four or five decent bands of the day suddenly all go on at the same time in different parts of the site.

12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Ill get a day pass for this. Should be fun, and see you guys there!

Norsefire
12-29-2013, 10:11 AM
I was wondering the other day if MM could totally surprise us and probably just do ACSS all the way through, something like that would be awesome.

I was just looking over the Alt-Fest Facebook page and someone else has said ACSS in full would amazing, Alt-Fest replied saying it's been requested.

12-29-2013, 11:35 AM
I was wondering the other day if MM could totally surprise us and probably just do ACSS all the way through, something like that would be awesome.

I was just looking over the Alt-Fest Facebook page and someone else has said ACSS in full would amazing, Alt-Fest replied saying it's been requested.
The timing is perfect. A few dates next year not supporting a new album, with the ability to perform a special set list.

Indeed
12-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Imagine that. The 5 members. Manson, Twig, Fred, Spencer, Jason. Walk out on stage. And Play this...

Irresponsible Hate Anthem
The Beautiful People
Dried Up Tied Up Dead To The World
Tourniquet
Little Horn
Cryptochid (Curious to see how this would turn out along with next 3 tracks)
Deformography
Wormboy (Twiggy on guitar would be atrocious)
Mister Superstar
Angel With The Scabbed Wings
Kinderfeld
Antichrist Superstar
MInute of Decay
The Reflecting God
Man That Your Fear.

Encore

Suck For Your Solution
Piss In The Wound
Apple Of Sodom

Dronepool
01-01-2014, 03:19 AM
Imagine that. The 5 members. Manson, Twig, Fred, Spencer, Jason. Walk out on stage. And Play this...

Irresponsible Hate Anthem
The Beautiful People
Dried Up Tied Up Dead To The World
Tourniquet
Little Horn
Cryptochid (Curious to see how this would turn out along with next 3 tracks)
Deformography
Wormboy (Twiggy on guitar would be atrocious)
Mister Superstar
Angel With The Scabbed Wings
Kinderfeld
Antichrist Superstar
MInute of Decay
The Reflecting God
Man That Your Fear.

Encore

Suck For Your Solution
Piss In The Wound
Apple Of Sodom

And Trent Reznor and Billy Corgan come in a UFO and they all play "Eye" and "I'm Afraid of Americans" . :p

01-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Oh cool Gary Numan is playing on the Saturday too.

Norsefire
01-01-2014, 09:56 AM
There's still a co-headliner to be announced as well I think. I asked them on FB when they plan to announce that, they're really good at replying to fans on their social networks.

---

Gary Numan plays Down in the Park at his show... that could be cool if MM joins him.

Principiante
01-11-2014, 07:10 AM
I have never been to this festival, but here is my quick question: are they going to put day tickets for sale (yes, I have no interest in buying the ticket for the full festival)? I mean, did they usually do it in the previous festival editions???

And if they are going to do so, when are they more likely to do it? 3 months before the date?

Norsefire
01-11-2014, 08:44 AM
I have never been to this festival, but here is my quick question: are they going to put day tickets for sale (yes, I have no interest in buying the ticket for the full festival)? I mean, did they usually do it in the previous festival editions???

And if they are going to do so, when are they more likely to do it? 3 months before the date?

This is a totally new festival and this year is the first one. Alt Fest say that day tickets will go on sale, but at the moment there is no date for when they're on sale.

Principiante
01-11-2014, 12:19 PM
This is a totally new festival and this year is the first one. Alt Fest say that day tickets will go on sale, but at the moment there is no date for when they're on sale.

Thanks for your answer.
I really have no interest in going the 3 days (particularly because I will be on holidays, which I'll have to cut short if I'm to see Manson playing on that day). So I hope they announce the day tickets soon, as I need to plan what do do/logistics for the day/night and to get back from that place...

kk_15
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM
If you read from a recent interview: “It’s going to be quite different from anything I have ever done before. I want something that makes me rethink, in the same way that when I had my first show, I made a flyer, I did'nt have any songs written, and thought, ‘What am I going to do now?’. I’m excited to see what it’s gonna' be. I want to give people what they want, though there’s a difference between being a chef and a waiter. But I’m not one of those people that goes to a concert and wants to sit through a bunch of new songs from a new album that the artist is enthused about.”

So should we be expecting some tracks from Portrait and Smells? That would be cool seen as it's the 20th anniversary soon.

kk_15
01-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Well I won't be disappointed either way so long as it doesn't end up as bad as Download 2009.

sexy.sushi
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
I might be going. Not so far from Paris.
Just got an idea, now that a lot of fans have the mask, what do you think of wearing it during the first song? If a lot of people on front row do this, it could be a nice surprise for him and it will make the show more special. A kind of Manson clone army for a very special set.

Cringeon
01-29-2014, 06:37 PM
No, he's not saying he wants to revisit the early days but great whats new in the same way. Basically not relying on people knowing you, and just going out to share your art art.

Seven
01-31-2014, 03:36 PM
This is going to be an epic festival, there are so many cool bands playing that I am gagging to see. I was bursting at the seams BEFORE Manson was announced.

I hope MM leans towards the early stuff but I don't really care. I'm really excited by his attitude at the moment.

Norsefire
02-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Gary Numan is now the co-headliner on Saturday, so he's on before Marilyn Manson. Someone asked about clashes with stage times, and Alt Fest mentioned Manson's set will end at 11. No start time mentioned though.

kk_15
02-08-2014, 07:20 AM
So when he performs in Russia a month before here do you think the set-list he uses then will be the same as at Altfest?

Norsefire
02-08-2014, 08:02 PM
It's possible, I was thinking when the Russian date got announced that whatever they get we can probably expect for Alt-Fest as well.

Alexandra
02-15-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm really starting to consider this, since I'll be in Poland in August and the costs of travelling to the UK have become ridiculously low recently. I suppose I'll wait until they announce those one day ticket prices and see if I can afford a lone escapade like that. My biggest concern, though, is that Alt Fest is just two weeks after the Polish Woodstock Festival and a three day long intoxication usually does no good to my savings...

crowded_morgue
02-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Hopefully this will all tie into a European festival tour for you guys. Here in the U.S. we got like four different legs within two years last tour.

sexy.sushi
05-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Attending!

Principiante
06-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Allright, so who in here has already bought the tickets for this show???

I was trying to do it, but the security certificate for the website appears not to be reliable.
Anyone else experienced the same thing? And you still went ahead to buy the ticket???

kk_15
06-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Allright, so who in here has already bought the tickets for this show???

I was trying to do it, but the security certificate for the website appears not to be reliable.
Anyone else experienced the same thing? And you still went ahead to buy the ticket???

I'm attending this show but got and paid for my tickets as soon as day tickets were released, I only seen a 'trusted' certificate next to my website pane with a green shield. It may be your internet browser. Just make sure your on the official website, through MM.com, have anti-virus and use PayPal if optional and you should not be at risk.

06-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Is anyone going down and stopping at a hotel nearby? I'm looking around for one now. Only have a day ticket for the Saturday, and I'm not camping over.

Nemoris Inferioris
06-14-2014, 07:43 PM
I really hope this performance or any summer tour performances will be Pro-Recorded. I would love to see 6/27-28 shows online to see what I'll be expecting this summer.

Principiante
06-17-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm attending this show but got and paid for my tickets as soon as day tickets were released, I only seen a 'trusted' certificate next to my website pane with a green shield. It may be your internet browser. Just make sure your on the official website, through MM.com, have anti-virus and use PayPal if optional and you should not be at risk.

I don't have any option to pay it with Paypal :/

browser or not, I get the same message in every browser (FF, IE and Opera :/ )

Principiante
06-17-2014, 02:04 PM
even going through MM's website my AV (karspersky)says something like a malicious URL :/

http://imgur.com/vFUO6fO

Principiante
07-16-2014, 11:12 AM
All right, back with silly questions to take care of the logistics for the event....

Does anyone already knows the predicted stage times for the different performances? When is Manson supposed to get on stage and for how long???

Alternatively, is anyone going there for the day only, and expecting to come back to London or some other place* after the show???

*not literally any place, but to be discussed.... :D

Principiante
07-27-2014, 05:27 AM
Ok, logistics for the day sorted.

On a different note, are there any published predicted stage times already???

Norsefire
07-27-2014, 07:53 AM
I thought I saw a stage time plan somewhere, or maybe it was for another festival. I will post if I see one though.

I will be here, but then I'm travelling across the country ready for V festival - The Killers on Sunday. Going to be a busy awesome weekend.

Principiante
07-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Thanks Norsefire. I'm also keeping an eye open for that, but it's also important to ask as I may not be looking everywhere for it :D

And what about the tickets? Have people already started receiving their tickets via post???

MrPogo
07-29-2014, 08:36 AM
These guys are reporting it's cancelled and the festival's website seems to be down, which isn't doing much to dispel the rumours...
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/14774

07-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Not confirmed yet but there is a chance the festival may be cancelled :( will update more when I know. Edit, I have heard from some people I know that it has been cancelled!! Oh shit.

Ramm91
07-29-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm seeing comments on facebook passed around by people who are on the bill but still nothing confirmed.

07-29-2014, 10:09 AM
A band I know are playing, but not on the main stage, who say that it's cancelled, but not certain if its just their stage, or the full festival but definitely something is going on. But not all bands know about this, some are still aware that they are playing. Alt fest have been hard to get in touch with this afternoon, which doesn't look too great, hopefully they could have just put out a message if it was still fine. I'll let you know if I find out exactly what the band was told, and anything else I find out.

Cringeon
07-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Joe Letz of Combichrist is saying canceled on his twitter

NapalmHeart
07-29-2014, 11:04 AM
What the fuck is going on?

VV_
07-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Marilyn Manson updated his event Cancelled - Marilyn Manson @ Alt Fest. 9:07pm
https://www.facebook.com/events/1459710900919320/?ref_notif_type=plan_edited&source=29

Shock Hazard
07-29-2014, 12:21 PM
It was officially confirmed on Manson's Twitter. Not sure why, but sorry to hear for all that was going. :(

NapalmHeart
07-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Manson's twitter? There's no tweet about it...

The facebook event and tour page on mm.com say it's canceled. I love how Alt-Fest hasn't announced anything yet...

Shock Hazard
07-29-2014, 02:39 PM
The whole cancellation was done a little while ago, Alt-Fest might of not gotten the chance to post it yet. Give it a day and it'll spread like AIDS.

Principiante
07-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Fuck them!!!!
Stupid organization....

Norsefire
07-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Alt Fest have been really unprofessional about it, they should have made a statement about it by now.

12 hours ago they wrote on FB "Tickets started going out last week, the rest will go out this week", so I assume whatever happened, it happened quick. But that doesn't stop them putting up a brief statement.

NapalmHeart
07-29-2014, 04:41 PM
People call the bands who post the news unprofessional. Uhm, I'd rather be warned before booking my flight etc.

Manson was the first headliner (or the horse's mouth as I always see people calling it) to announce it, so kudos for that.

Norsefire
07-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Ha ha yeah I just read some comments saying the bands should have never said it was cancelled, but if they cancel then the bands have every right to say they're cancelled.

And yeah it's best to find out ASAP then wait, Alt Fest could have and should have posted something themselves by now.

VV_
07-30-2014, 12:08 PM
via their facebook:

We at Alt-Fest HQ would like to sincerely apologise for our silence over the last 24 hours. Currently we are working all hours to deal with some extremely challenging & stressful issues for Alt-Fest. We will be able to provide an official statement with full information before Monday and answer any questions you may have at that time. We want you to know that we have been doing everything we can to take the right steps for you: our fans, friends & customers - we assure you we only have your best interests at heart.
Missy and Dom

07-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Well my tickets arrived ....... Way to rub it in...

Norsefire
07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Well Manson said cancelled, so if he's not there, I'm not there. Also the way they've handled this has pissed off a lot of people, the best interest should now be to refund everyone including those who did the kick starter thing.

Ramm91
07-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Okay maybe it's just my browser but Manson's site doesn't say Cancelled any more with a link to tickets:

http://marilynmanson.com/tour

Cringeon
07-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Hit refresh. Still shows canceled.

AppleOfSodom
08-01-2014, 05:31 AM
what a disrespect for fans, bands and everyone involved

Sawastian
08-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Festival officially cancelled

http://www.alt-fest.com/index.html

Tickets problems :p
Poor Manson, nobody wants to see him drunk and without voice

If we were to sell a minimum of another 1,000 tickets between now and the festival, we'd have suffered a significant loss that we couldn't carry. This recently came to light based on a costing error explained below & inevitably down to the fact that the investor unfortunately pulled out last minute. We were expecting to sell more tickets based on our line-up, and if we had sold just 3000 tickets more then we would have been over the breakeven line, or if we could have deferred a percentage of our contractor's payment, which they sadly were not prepared to do.

We thought our logic was sound and this was also backed by other promoters and people we respect in the music industry in general Marilyn Manson can easily sell out a 5000 capacity venue, as can The Cult, Arch Enemy or Cradle of Filth. Then there's the rest of the line-up plus the circus, steampunk, traders and art installations. Perhaps the people who would go to see them at a gig wouldn't go to a 3 day festival, but they could still have bought day tickets and seen some of the 60-odd bands on that day as well as the headliners, and bring their kids along for free too we are still trying to understand why we haven't sold more tickets despite the offering & energy that has gone into it.

Norsefire
08-01-2014, 02:56 PM
MM probably sold most of their tickets. Problem is there was two other days to the festival as well, they should have known long before this point if they could do a 3 day festival or not.

08-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Tickets problems :p
Poor Manson, nobody wants to see him drunk and without voice
That is why he can shift thousands of tickets on his headlining shows.....

NapalmHeart
08-01-2014, 03:49 PM
We were doing very well for a first year festival. We sold over 7.5 thousand weekend tickets, and as you were aware we had a great line up with plenty going on. This however meant we had to pay for over half of all the band's fees, with the remainder due just before & at the festival itself. Securing bands was not the only cost. The festival was going to cost 1,703,000 in total to put on, including artists, riders, travel, accommodation, production: power, staging, sound, lighting, track way, fencing, water, waste, the venue fee, security, medical assistance, traffic management, health & safety, marketing and much more. We ourselves and all of the Alt-Fest team have put in huge amounts of effort and time over the past two years and done everything within our power to make this work.

If we were to sell a minimum of another 1,000 tickets between now and the festival, we'd have suffered a significant loss that we couldn't carry. This recently came to light based on a costing error explained below & inevitably down to the fact that the investor unfortunately pulled out last minute. We were expecting to sell more tickets based on our line-up, and if we had sold just 3000 tickets more then we would have been over the breakeven line, or if we could have deferred a percentage of our contractor's payment, which they sadly were not prepared to do.

First they talk about how well they were doing, in the next paragraph they already say how they would have needed to sell more tickets to make this happen.

Why? Because this thing was way too ambitious, costing a crazy amount of money with all the ideas they had. Family oriented festival, all the tents and stuff they wanted to offer.

Norsefire
08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
I thought they said recently they had almost sold out of tickets... I guess that was a lie to get people to buy more, but didn't work.

Principiante
08-21-2014, 08:41 AM
I know that some days have already passed since this was news, but has anyone here been refunded already (or at least those that bought tickets via clubtickets.com)???

- - - Updated - - -

even their website is currently available.... great....

Norsefire
08-21-2014, 09:12 AM
I've read that Clubtickets has now gone bust because of the effect Alt Fest had on their company when they went bust. But just like Alt Fest, they're not saying anything.

Principiante
08-21-2014, 12:14 PM
great.... 60 gone in smoke.... Do you have any idea if people are getting their money from their tickets? Or what are the ones that bought tickets via clubticket doing instead to get their money???

Norsefire
08-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Clubtickets said they will be doing refunds, so should come through with that. Other people have done some chargeback thing with their banks to claim the money back. But not sure if that's clubticket customers as well, or just other stuff.

Principiante
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Clubtickets said they will be doing refunds, so should come through with that. Other people have done some chargeback thing with their banks to claim the money back. But not sure if that's clubticket customers as well, or just other stuff.

thanks. Either way, I think most people have lost their money until there are any news in contrary. I've read online about what people are doing, but apart from chargeback, I haven't ready many other solutions, just people talking but no money being refunded (I will only believe the reports of those who where successful after I am successful as well...), so everyone (everyone???) left on a sad situation. :(

- - - Updated - - -

also: http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/14870 :(

Principiante
09-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Quick update: not so bad. Managed to get my ticket money refunded... Still sucks that I wasn't so lucky with logistics costs, but it was still good news to get the ticket money from FuckFest at all... :D