PDA

View Full Version : Hedonism

Halo Infinity
02-19-2014, 01:25 AM
I think this is right up my alley in spite of what I can sometimes put up with. Pleasure seems to be one of the best things life has to offer. What's your take on hedonism and hedonists?

Golden Eel
02-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Pleasure is the only thing life has to offer. We're here for the blink of an eye. Smoke, drink, and sex up every second. Nothing else is more important.

Golden Eel
02-20-2014, 04:06 PM
I am the idiot who will not be himself.

Alterkaker66
02-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Hmm, had a dream about this subject the other night. I was the poor flunky who had to get some bunch of rich hippies packed up and in the limos for the next stop. I was advised not to be a stiff and to join the fun. I stood firm in my combat boots, raised an eyebrow and told the jackass I was still fighting the harDCore war. And continued to chase stoned hippies out to their transportation. Too much a reflection of my real life experiences. I can't stand the straight edge, but hedonists? Selfish bastards who leave human damage wherever they go. Pleasure is not purpose.

Celebrity Killing Spree
03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
I assumed this thread was about the adults only resort. :(

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd qualify hedonism and pleasure as the same thing. Often you can derive more pleasure and less discomfort from being smart about you say yes and no to.

S.D.
03-16-2014, 11:15 AM
A person is generally Hedonistic if other people deem them so externally. The same goes for Eccentricity. If you try and behave as though you live a hedonistic lifestyle, rather than just having one because you enjoy salacious activities, it will seem forced and disingenuous. Hedonism also seems - to me at least - to be an outmoded concept. We live in a world where Westerners can access any vice or pleasure they want, probably far easier than at any other stage in history. So if the ability to be Hedonistic becomes normality, it's no longer Hedonistic by virtue of not being the alternative to anything.

03-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Call anything what you want. As long as you're having fun, It's all good. Unless your idea of a good time is killing people and eating babies.

crazybitch
03-17-2014, 01:31 PM
It's so overrated.