PDA

View Full Version : South Park or Family Guy?

Halo Infinity
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
I've thought about this before seeing South Park's Cartoon Wars Part I and Cartoon Wars Part II. However, seeing those episodes, and having them bring more attention to that comparison in real life also made me think about it even more and more. As for me, I'd definitely have to go with South Park. Not only did I remain a fan of South Park until now, but I even became interested enough to collect seasons of South Park on DVD.

BreakingYourMomsOldMound
10-06-2014, 12:53 PM
South Park. Those cutaways get to be a pain in the ass. Also, more interesting characters and bonus points for not being a Simpsons ripoff.

Norsefire
10-06-2014, 04:04 PM
South Park.

I used to like Family Guy, but I stopped watching it after the third season.

Terrapin
10-06-2014, 04:19 PM
South Park. No contest. I've been a huge South Park/Matt Stone and Trey Parker fan ever since it debuted. They are literally heroes of mine and they essentially embody my favorite humor. I've listened to all of their commentary videos for every episode (besides Season 2 since they didn't do commentary for those), I owned Chef Aid the album, I used to watch the VHS South Park seasons (their dog Scratch always changing was great), I've watched the commentary to the "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut," Baseketball is a classic movie between my friends and I and we still laugh our asses off when we recite any line from it, I'm a huge fan of "Cannibal!: The Musical" and have watched all the behind the scenes footage of it and its drink-along commentary. Although I am actually ashamed to say I've never seen Orgazmo, I'll get around to it eventually.

American Dad shits all over Family Guy, btw. That's some of Seth MacFarlane's best work.

FeedYourHead
10-06-2014, 04:51 PM
This is a trick question.

The correct answer is King of the Hill.

Halo Infinity
10-06-2014, 05:04 PM
This would have to be the perfect thread to share this video. Seth MacFarlane somehow decided to "take the high road". =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7r37Am6Ot4

Shock Hazard
10-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Family Guy, it's still has some clever humor left in it from what I last seen. South Park just straight up got stupid its last number of seasons. I don't keep up with either anymore.

Terrapin
10-06-2014, 06:11 PM

King of the Hill I could put on indefinite replay and live a happy life.

Golden Eel
10-06-2014, 08:36 PM
They're both garbage.

10-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Family guy is one of the worst things to happen in the history of entertainment.

Shock Hazard
10-07-2014, 05:58 AM
I prefer the Cleveland show and American Dad to Family Guy. Not sure what happened to the Simpsons, that show hasn't been good for over ten years. At least Futurerama still brings hope.

DecayingSinner
10-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Family Guy without hesitation.

BreakingYourMomsOldMound
10-07-2014, 11:38 AM

Or Daria.

hellomynameisasecret
10-07-2014, 12:52 PM
South Park is far better written and isn't completely based on millions of dated references of the pop culture. Das

Mexicanfiend
10-07-2014, 01:04 PM
South Park, easily.

I've been a fan of SP for years; unlike the ones in here who call it "stupid" and "garbage", I find it terribly intelligent, always with a message that really surpasses the enormous ammount of over-the-top, celebrity-bashing, foul languaje they portray. It's not something I watch just for the laughs, it makes me think about my own enviroment and how today's world is working, and I'm thankful for that.

Family Guy, in the other hand, is a show that I've never really gotten into. I've seen a handful of chapters here and there, but I can't call myself a fan or a detractor. I guess I'll have to watch a lot more episodes before I have a real opinion about it.

Iulian
10-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Or Daria.

Best animated show. Ever.

On topix, South Park, itīs smart fun, it always has a lesson to be learned in each episode. Plus, itīs original and actually funny. Family Guy is too stupid to even care about, old jokes, pretty lame and sad, actually. Like already said here, a Simpson rip off.

Dirge Inferno
10-13-2014, 12:23 AM
I've never understood how people prefer South Park over Family Guy, I think both are bad but South Park can be simply disturbing.

iggy
10-13-2014, 08:19 AM
South Park lately. Family Guy is just too weird these days.

Mexicanfiend
10-13-2014, 02:14 PM
I've never understood how people prefer South Park over Family Guy, I think both are bad but South Park can be simply disturbing.

This is interesting... What do you exactly mean by "disturbing"?

Dirge Inferno
10-13-2014, 03:03 PM
The animation, the storylines, characterisation and jokes can be disturbing to me. I just think it's creepy. And Family Guy can get pretty disturbing, but there's just something off about South Park.

Mexicanfiend
10-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Well, what I can find disturbing about Soth Park are certain topics they use for laughs (child abuse come to mind); yet, I find it quite enlightening, since they always come up with a positive message, or at least I percceive it that way.

mr.svperstar13
10-13-2014, 09:39 PM
The Simpsons will always be my favorite show ever.

But South Park is better than Family Guy currently.

Freeston3r
12-20-2014, 04:03 AM
Family Guy! The new season is halarious

iggy
12-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Sorry Seth, I don't get eighties references.

Nemoris Inferioris
12-20-2014, 07:58 AM
I voted for South Park. I think it is funnier and is still hilarious after 20 years. I think that Family Guy has more intellect than South Park. Seth is hilarious. I love the references that he makes. South Park has them too. They will make fun of certain thing, and go all the way. South Park is just retard. Sick. Which is why i voted for it.

Terrapin
12-20-2014, 09:29 AM
South Park has incredibly insightful messages amidst all the chaos. The sheer fact that they can take a completely ridiculous concept and make it aptly poignant always impresses me. I adore it.

Also this:

http://youtu.be/dQfry4nTpNA

Mad respect for them making such a mockery of the celebrity masturbatory ego trip.

Dirge Inferno
12-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Family Guy! The new season is halarious
Yeah, I like the new series so far.

spaceSuicide
01-04-2015, 08:40 AM
South Park. No brainer.

Absolution
01-06-2015, 12:03 AM
South Park. Preferred Family Guy when I was a teenager, now I can't stand it. There are a few newer adult cartoons I'd rate over South Park these days tho, any show is bound to lose its edge when it has been going for 18 seasons.

Nemoris Inferioris
01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
I like Family Guy, and i think both shows get better as they age, or have new episodes, but South Park it just crazy. So yea. But i love Seth.

Sorry, you're already spoiled.

Lucille
01-06-2015, 11:22 PM
The first 4 seasons of South Park are absolute gold and the rest is alright. In my opinion it goes up and down with seasons, occasionally getting close to the quality of the older eps, and sometimes even surpassing some of them. Family guy on the other hand used to be really great before it got cancelled, and has had some great seasons since but in a different way. I find Family Guy's strength to be mainly random jokes now, as opposed to overall episode story structure/quality. And let's be real, the characters have completely lost their way. The only one I still like is Stewie. To be perfectly honest I really wouldn't miss the show that much if it were gone. I would have said the same thing about South Park the last few years, but they completely turned it around with this last season and I'm really excited for more!

"I AM LORDE. YEAH YEAH YEAH" <3

TMC
01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
I still watch both shows, but Family Guy is getting more and more boring, while South Park had it's really bad moments, but the latest season is really decent.
Also, South Park is much more original and usually doesn't play the same material more than once, which happens a lot in Family Guy.

hellomynameisasecret
01-26-2015, 04:07 PM
The first 4 seasons of South Park are absolute gold and the rest is alright.

Actually I think it's the other way around. The first two seasons weren't even that good, but since season 5 the series became great and since season 8 amazing. They just keep improving with their writing and unlike Family Guy the jokes are mostly relevant.