PDA

View Full Version : Tour [009]: Feb 02 2015 - Sound Academy - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Norsefire
11-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Feb 02 2015
Venue: Sound Academy

www.marilynmanson.com (http://www.marilynmanson.com)
Tickets on sale 11/21

Members Attending:

Tigger
Tick Tock Goes The
J.Lecter
Hazekiah
Lucille
oysterboy

Tigger
11-17-2014, 11:46 PM
I will be attending this show, even if the Sound Academy is a piece of shit venue. The stage is small as hell and if you're not up front, good luck seeing anything.

Tick Tock Goes The
11-18-2014, 04:26 AM
I'll be there up front. Anyone want to meet up and have a few drinks?

J.Lecter
11-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Got my ticket! And three others for my co-worker (John) and his kid and friend. :)

Don't know when I'll get there as I'm tagging along with John. He's doing the driving into TO.

Lucille
11-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Just bought tickets! So excited! :D

Hazekiah
11-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Got my ticket, too...see you there!

Can't WAIT! After trying for almost exactly a DECADE now it looks like I'll FINALLY be seeing Manson outside of the United States!

\m/

Lucille
11-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Woohooo!! It's been too long! :D

Tigger
11-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Haz, am I hallucinating or were you not at the MM/Slayer show in Toronto??

Either way, waiting in line for this show is gonna be fucking freezing. But fuck it all because I'm getting there at 8am at the latest!!

=)

oysterboy
01-09-2015, 07:41 AM
I will be there. Can't wait. I agree that the Sound Academy is a poor venue but still will be an excellent time.

Hazekiah
01-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Haz, am I hallucinating or were you not at the MM/Slayer show in Toronto??

Either way, waiting in line for this show is gonna be fucking freezing. But fuck it all because I'm getting there at 8am at the latest!!

=)

You must be referring to the '07 show, I assume?

Because I renewed my passport and TRIED to go to the Manson/Slayer Mayhem Fest in Toronto back in '09 but the bastards CANCELLED it before I could get there.

SADFACE.

:'(

oysterboy
01-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Sound Academy is apparently not going to be a music venue much longer.

http://www.blogto.com/music/2015/01/sound_academy_to_be_reinvented_as_new_nightclub/

Lucille
02-01-2015, 04:25 PM
One more nightttt! :D Is everyone ready to freeze their ass off?!

Edit:

Fuuuck! There's a winter storm watch for tonight/tomorrow! And I have to come from fucking Kitchener! :(

J.Lecter
02-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Kitchener is nothing! I have to drive in from London! ;) Though I'm not doing the driving.

Nibz
02-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately, I will not be going due to the snowstorm. Well, that and the fact I don't have tickets....but that was the easy part. My street doesn't get plowed until late usually and so far 3 cars have been stuck. I was going to try but when I saw that I was all noooooope lol.

To those going, have a good time! and more importantly, stay safe!! (updates would be nice too :p )

Cringeon
02-02-2015, 08:05 PM
p/yn0eWkw3tM

p/yn3Z7bQ3hK

NapalmHeart
02-02-2015, 08:39 PM
/p/yn7NLyRfDT/

cataract777
02-02-2015, 08:58 PM
/p/yn7NLyRfDT/

Soooooooooooooooooooo badass

mr.svperstar13
02-02-2015, 10:16 PM
That's a great fucking photo.

Any word on the setlist?

Tigger
02-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Setlist (not exactly this order)

Deep Six
Disposable Teens
Rock is Dead
The Beautiful People
The Dope Show
Sweet Dreams
Personal Jesus
Third Day of a Seven Day Binge
Cupid Carries A Gun
Killing Strangers
No Reflection
This Is The New Shit
mOBSCENE
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Coma White

ScorchMuffinz
02-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Setlist (not exactly this order)

Deep Six
Disposable Teens
Rock is Dead
The Beautiful People
The Dope Show
Sweet Dreams
Personal Jesus
Third Day of a Seven Day Binge
Cupid Carries A Gun
Killing Strangers
No Reflection
This Is The New Shit
mOBSCENE
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Coma White

No TMOLA?

Tigger
02-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Nope :(

NapalmHeart
02-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Apparently "he was great tonight until he fucked his knee up so bad he skipped 3 songs".

cataract777
02-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Apparently "he was great tonight until he fucked his knee up so bad he skipped 3 songs".

Oh no :(

Tigger
02-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Show was amazing, crowd was cunty. At least near me initially, I'm all for pushing, getting tightly packed, jumping, crowd surfing but when people just knee/elbow for no reason and act like shitheads - it ruins it for me.

I moved to near the bar and saw Manson's dad. Very awesome!

=)

blue angel
02-03-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't know why, but I had a feeling of something going wrong tonight. I hope that Manson is alright and well.

Tigger
02-03-2015, 02:24 AM
Btw., is Manson singing parts of "Holy Grail" by Jay-Z during This Is The New Shit something new?

NapalmHeart
02-03-2015, 02:35 AM
Not exactly new, he started singing that last summer.

Can anyone confirm that he "fucked up his knee"? If yes, how did it happen? I hope he's okay.

Tigger
02-03-2015, 03:11 AM
I'm not sure how but he first made a joke about "if I'm gonna break my leg no better place than Canada" then later said something like "I hope I didn't break my knee" lol If anything, he probably just tweaked it.

oysterboy
02-03-2015, 06:00 AM
The knee thing only lasted like 30 seconds and he was up again. I didn't even realize that was what happened. The show carried on and was excellent. The usual set list. Sweet Dreams sounded great live with the new band and he encouraged the audience to sing along, left side of the crowd, then right side, that sort of thing, and stated that Toronto is his favourite crowd (I am naive and will believe him!).

Cringeon
02-03-2015, 09:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOFuqvfI5GQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlfHIba8i8

Charles2012
02-03-2015, 10:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOFuqvfI5GQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlfHIba8i8

That was the best time I've heard Manson sing Deep Six live, on YouTube. Added enthusiasm was a great time.

Nemoris Inferioris
02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
That Deep Six vocal performance is awesome.

J.Lecter
02-03-2015, 11:56 AM
That show was AMAZING! I started in the pit and after about 30 minutes I surrendered and moved to a more comfortable location. But that was an experience for sure! I started about 10-11 rows back, just off center to the left, from the stage and got as close as 3 rows, center, from the stage. I surrendered when I ended up surrounded by 5 big guys and was unable to move out (closer). I got crushed a couple times, got scratched (on the back) a couple times by girls, saw the claw marks when I got home, someone either dropped or threw their drink in my direction, got some of that on my back, my hair got pulled a few times, I think I sweated off about 3lbs while in the pit.

Glad I did it ... won't do it again, not unless I grow at least an inch taller and gain about 20lbs. HA!

I would have to agree with Tigger, there were more than a few in the crowd that were cunty. Even when I backed out of the pit there were still people elbowing and trying to 'crash through' to get to the front. The balcony off to the side was looking really nice after a while. HAHA!

cataract777
02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
That was the best time I've heard Manson sing Deep Six live, on YouTube. Added enthusiasm was a great time.

Agreed. Although he did sound ace when he performed it for the first time in Los Angeles.

DecayingSinner
02-03-2015, 04:05 PM
I just love the intro and how it flows into Deep Six. Cannot get enough.

cataract777
02-03-2015, 04:27 PM
I just love the intro and how it flows into Deep Six. Cannot get enough.

Yes! That beginning instrumental at the beginning of Deep Six is so badass.

GlitchyFlame
02-03-2015, 04:45 PM
I think that this show is a perfect example as to why Manson's agents shouldn't fucking book him night after night. Every show that he's a day or two to rest his voice have been the best of the tour so far.

thousand_kisses
02-03-2015, 07:25 PM
http://www.aux.tv/2015/02/photos-marilyn-manson-at-sound-academy/

oysterboy
02-04-2015, 05:25 AM
Sorry the quality of sound sucks. This was the best I've ever seen him perform Sweet Dreams since 2004.

http://youtu.be/nO7kgU-m90Q

(how do I post the actual video into my post and not just the link? :S )

Lucille
02-04-2015, 08:46 AM
I agree 100% about the cunty crowd. It really detracted from what would have otherwise been an incredible show. From the typical Manson fan assholes who even though they were at the front held their fingers in their ears all through the opening band (I had to dance extra hard to make up for their douchery), to the stupid teenage girls who were begging and offering sex the whole fucking show to anyone who would let them up front (I just wanted to fucking knock one of them out after a while cause I was so sick of hearing her whine in my ear), to the same few people who just kept crowdsurfing over and over again and kicking people in the head, and of course the sprinkling of violence for violence sake assholes mentioned earlier in this thread. Maybe this is just my experience because this is the first time I wasnt at the very front (although I was close, 2nd row from the front center), or maybe I just feel too old and chill for the pit, but it was sooo fucking annoying. I think next time if I can't get the very front Im just gonna chill in the back and enjoy the show.

Manson was fucking incredible and soo on point! I'm glad to see that he's back to form (haven't seen him since theol tour). Really wonderful performance from the whole band! I'm a little disappointed they didn't play mephistopheles but am also glad because I initially thought that maybe they did play it and that I just completely missed it because of that stupid pit lol. I feel like I missed so many great moments/parts of songs by having to focus on survival. D:<

P.S. Briefly met up with Haz after the show and found out I've been misspronouncing his name for many years now lol. Also sadly didn't get to meet up with Tigger even though we were texting all day while missioning through that fucking storm.

P.P.S. FUCK WINTER!

cataract777
02-04-2015, 10:47 AM
I agree 100% about the cunty crowd. It really detracted from what would have otherwise been an incredible show. From the typical Manson fan assholes who even though they were at the front held their fingers in their ears all through the opening band (I had to dance extra hard to make up for their douchery), to the stupid teenage girls who were begging and offering sex the whole fucking show to anyone who would let them up front (I just wanted to fucking knock one of them out after a while cause I was so sick of hearing her whine in my ear), to the same few people who just kept crowdsurfing over and over again and kicking people in the head, and of course the sprinkling of violence for violence sake assholes mentioned earlier in this thread. Maybe this is just my experience because this is the first time I wasnt at the very front (although I was close, 2nd row from the front center), or maybe I just feel too old and chill for the pit, but it was sooo fucking annoying. I think next time if I can't get the very front Im just gonna chill in the back and enjoy the show.

Manson was fucking incredible and soo on point! I'm glad to see that he's back to form (haven't seen him since theol tour). Really wonderful performance from the whole band! I'm a little disappointed they didn't play mephistopheles but am also glad because I initially thought that maybe they did play it and that I just completely missed it because of that stupid pit lol. I feel like I missed so many great moments/parts of songs by having to focus on survival. D:<

P.S. Briefly met up with Haz after the show and found out I've been misspronouncing his name for many years now lol. Also sadly didn't get to meet up with Tigger even though we were texting all day while missioning through that fucking storm.

P.P.S. FUCK WINTER!

Well, I'm glad you made it to the show. Sorry to hear about the douchey fans. I was in the very front when I saw him in Los Angeles at the Club Nokia back in 2013. The people around me were nice, it was the people towards the middle of the crowd that were causing problems. The drunk chicks were the ones starting shit. But luckily they didn't come my way.

J.Lecter
02-04-2015, 10:14 PM
I was just happy they had a coat check there. I was also happy I decided not to bring a purse into the pit with me! Probably the best decision of my life! HAHA!

But the range of people in the pit before Manson started ... I had two teens (girls) push their way in front of me, and when they heard two guys (my age) behind me talk about how the pit was going to be, they began to freak out. The girls started asking me all these questions, "Did you get hurt?" "Did you get hit in the face?" Obviously I didn't tell anyone I had never been in a pit before, I lied and said I'd been in a pit once before. I knew from the pushing before the show started that it was going to get intense. One of the girls said, "I'm only 95lbs!" I looked at them and said, "You're in a Marilyn Manson pit with people more than twice your age and a shit tonne more experience in a pit." ... I think they left the pit soon after Manson started.