PDA

View Full Version : Tour [014]: Feb 09 2015 - The Pageant - St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Norsefire
11-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Feb 09 2015
Venue: The Pageant

www.marilynmanson.com (http://www.marilynmanson.com)
Tickets on sale 11/21

Members Attending:

Hazekiah
Gloominatus
OuijaBoard
tony.parente
The Overman

Hazekiah
11-17-2014, 04:54 PM
I've never ONCE missed a Manson show in St. Louis...might as well go ahead and confirm me.

:)

OuijaBoard
11-20-2014, 09:23 AM
I am going to buy the tickets tomorrow as soon as they come out!

Hazekiah
11-20-2014, 10:35 AM
There's a presale for it on TicketMaster this morning but I can't figure out how to get the password for it. Ugh.

But I I called the Contest/Request Lines, the Business Line, and the Program Director Hotline for 105.7 the Point (the radio station hosting the show) to see if they could help.

The Program Director actually called me back after I left a voicemail for him and he asked if I was part of a Manson fan club. I said "sort of" and mentioned Provider Module by name, lol. He said it's all in Ticketmaster's hands but that he'd pass along my request to play "Third Day of a Seven Day Binge" and to remind listeners about the show.

But he ALSO said he might mention the "fan club" too...so he might give Provider Module a shout-out on the air!

:D

Also, the password for the presale is BINGE -- I got my ticket!

\m/

Gloominatus
11-21-2014, 11:37 AM
The wife and I are totally going. The, uh, ticket prices this time out are a little surprising. I can't remember paying this much to see something at the Pageant before. I hope this isn't one of those deals where 105.7 The Point loads the show with a bunch of stupid bullshit and a crappy last-minute co-headliner, or whatever the hell they do sometimes. I'd like Manson to be able to do his full set. Anyway, no matter what, should be a good time.

bryan_65
11-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Man such short notice. Just got my pc fixed and find this. I also hate this venue, I was at his 2004 show there being under 21 was not allowed on the floor.

tony.parente
11-22-2014, 02:54 AM
Count me in! I'll be there stupid early like every show I go to, last time he played the pageant I was 2 months shy of 21...this time I'll be one month shy of 28.

Good god.

The Overman
11-22-2014, 06:21 PM
I'll be here. Going to get my tickets in a week or two.

The Overman
12-12-2014, 03:55 PM
^ Got it. Color me confirmed. I rocked balls at the Rape of the World show, and I'll do the very same here.

The Overman
01-13-2015, 08:48 PM
This show has officially sold out.

Anybody attending wanna do something after?

I'm thinking the Crack Fox, a great dinky little industrial club.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=yua1VJSkCsGaNu6zgvgG&url=http://crackfoxbar.com/&ved=0CDQQ_BcoATAH&usg=AFQjCNGoW6MzATfFumdN0FXH41cCR7QsLQ

Hazekiah
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Man such short notice. Just got my pc fixed and find this. I also hate this venue, I was at his 2004 show there being under 21 was not allowed on the floor.

Personally, I think the Pageant is a pretty cool venue! But, yeah, their tiered-and-segregated floor kinda sucks.

:-\

I was at that '04 show, btw! I recorded pretty good audio of the whole thing and shared it widely online years ago, if you look around a bit it's definitely worth tracking down.

I second the Crack Fox...that place IS pretty awesome! Kinda far from the Pageant, though. There are TONS of more sensibly close-by bars and restaurants open late in the Loop just down the street from the show.

The Crack Fox IS worth it just to be able to drink under an almost life-sized painting of ED-209 though, lol.

;)

Count me in! I'll be there stupid early like every show I go to, last time he played the pageant I was 2 months shy of 21...this time I'll be one month shy of 28.

Good god.

I'm planning on getting there early-ish myself...see you in line!

I rocked balls at the Rape of the World show, and I'll do the very same here.

Speaking of which...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKcUH9fqsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQIwfhZHm4

The Overman
01-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Badass videos, Haz! I'm nostalgia-ing pretty hard right now.

My heart is set on the Crack Fox. It's the only Saint Louis bar with that, you know, ambience. My girl and I can give anyone who needs it a lift there and back, and I'll buy a round.

bryan_65
01-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Alright guys I need to car pool, I have to go to this tour!!!!!

The Overman
01-24-2015, 11:19 PM
Where do you live?

mr.svperstar13
01-24-2015, 11:36 PM
This show is the day after my birthday.

bryan_65
01-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Where do you live?

Springfield area, I could drive but don't want to go solo.

This show has officially sold out.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=yua1VJSkCsGaNu6zgvgG&url=http://crackfoxbar.com/&ved=0CDQQ_BcoATAH&usg=AFQjCNGoW6MzATfFumdN0FXH41cCR7QsLQ

Ohhh. I did not even check, well fuck the car pooling idea. Man all his last tour for a decade have been at such small places. When is he gonna come back to the Shrine Mosque? Man I would give to go back to 94,95,or 97 to and catch him in Springfield.

bryan_65
02-05-2015, 05:37 PM
OK I said screw and am gonna buy a ticket from the scalpers.

bryan_65
02-07-2015, 02:43 PM
OK I said screw and am gonna buy a ticket from the scalpers.

Well, I wound up paying $197 for two resale tickets. The weather is great for February, that was my biggest concern for this show. I remember heading out on 3 inches of ICE in 08 going to KC. So glad I did though.

The Overman
02-08-2015, 06:12 AM
Haz, I'm gonna try to find you/stalk you in line tomorrow. I'm not sure what time I'll get there, but it'll probably be sometime in the morning.

bryan_65
02-09-2015, 04:47 AM
So you all there. I should roll in around 4 or 5. I will have a Union Underground tour shirt on.

The Overman
02-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Oh boy, here we go!

http://cs540109.vk.me/c621723/v621723516/d44f/n3iggLWyJaE.jpg

I can't wait to see Manson either slobber drunkenly all over the stage tonight or tear shit up like circa 1997.

cataract777
02-09-2015, 07:44 AM
wнo ιѕ тнaт noтe ғroм?

Gloominatus
02-09-2015, 09:53 AM
The Overman: most excellent PRINCE OF DARKNESS quote. Most excellent, indeed.

NapalmHeart
02-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh boy, here we go!

http://cs540109.vk.me/c621723/v621723516/d44f/n3iggLWyJaE.jpg

I can't wait to see Manson either slobber drunkenly all over the stage tonight or tear shit up like circa 1997.

Why would he do that? Apparently this happened at the show on Feb. 5th, which went time. When this picture was taken, the show was already over, did not fail, the note landed in Tater's hand and she took a picture of it.

Korpz
02-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Ah - all I saw was a note dropped down front (the 7th show) but wasn't sure what it was in reference to and I think it was Twiggy who dropped it in front of the stage.

Cringeon
02-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Tonight is sold out!

cataract777
02-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Have fun at the show tonight everyone!

Hazekiah
02-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Awfully chilly out here. I wish more venues would do what The Rave/Eagle's Ballroom did the other day and hand out placeholder line vouchers so we could all go wait somewhere warm instead.

Would've been nice if someone had mentioned the limited early entrance through the bar, too.

Assholes.

Jesus FUCK, I can't WAIT for this tour to get to the southwest already.

cataract777
02-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Awfully chilly out here. I wish more venues would do what The Rave/Eagle's Ballroom did the other day and hand out placeholder line vouchers so we could all go wait somewhere warm instead.

That's a good idea.

You're telling me! :D

mr.svperstar13
02-09-2015, 10:01 PM
I heard Lamb of God was played.

NapalmHeart
02-09-2015, 10:09 PM

Not according to this printed setlist.

/p/y541QAvJ1O/

cataract777
02-09-2015, 10:13 PM

/p/y541QAvJ1O/

What do the lines at the side symbolize? A break? Anybody know? Btw thanks for sharing.

mr.svperstar13
02-09-2015, 10:16 PM

/p/y541QAvJ1O/

Dammit Shangs.

YOU LIED

bryan_65
02-10-2015, 04:45 AM

Would've been nice if someone had mentioned the limited early entrance through the bar, too.

Assholes.

Man I so thought you knew, sorry. I got there at 5:15 and walked straight into the halo bar. Great show and glad I went. I loved Killing Strangers and Third day of a Second day Binge.

The Overman
02-10-2015, 05:46 AM
So this ended up being a pretty Goddamn good show. Some notes:

1. The Pageant is a nice venue, but it absolutely needs a better way to deal with a winter crowd. Two tiny spaceheaters on either side of the building simply doesn't cut it.

2. I get inside and immediately see Haz. I'm not able to talk to him for long, but he does me a solid and points out Tyler Bates standing at the bar.

3. Of course I go to the bar and hover around him like a creep as he tries to reconnect with two men who are apparently old friends. He eventually notices me, and I basically launch into a mini-interview that went something like this:

Me: "Who's taller, you or Manson?"

Tyler: "Me, by about an inch. Manson's pretty tall, but he wears platform boots."

Me: "What's the sample in "Slave Only Dreams To Be King"?

Tyler: "The ones at the beginning and end?"

Me: "No, around 3:20, buried in the mix. Everyone seems to think it's an Iggy Pop quote."

Tyler, surprised somebody has noticed it: "Oh, no. That's something Manson recorded off PBS a long time ago. We had a hard time clearing the rights to it."

Me, trying to be politic about it: "So I heard Daisy Berkowitz was at a show in I think Pennsylvania. How did that go?"

Tyler: "It's strange. He came up and introduced himself before a show in New York as Daisy and I was like, "who"? I'm not very familiar with all of Manson's work, or his past band mates. When I first met Manson, he'd asked if I had read his book. I told him "no", and he said "good". *laughs*

But he wanted to join us on stage for a song. We'd have done it, except the logistics wouldn't allow for it."

At that point, Tyler excused himself. I talked to his two friends for a moment, and mentioned that I enjoyed Tyler's presence in the band. They agreed, but said he's losing money on it. They were surprised I came up asking about specific time stamps in a song, "like a Pink Floyd fan".

User note: I made clear to everyone involved in this conversation from the outset that I am from Provider Module.

4. The show proper was very good, with one exception: "mOBSCENE" was played. Manson fucked up his verbal cue and actually STOPPED THE SONG, then acted as if it were Gil Sharone's fault, when Sharone's hit everything perfectly. He said something to the effect of it being "disrespectful" to play the song the way Gil was.

Bullshit. Gil was fine; it was Manson who fucked it up. I found it distasteful as Hell to try to detract from his own fuck-up by pinning it on Gil, especially when the crowd didn't notice it in the first place. It's not 1994 anymore; stop being an abusive dick to your bandmates.

That sounds harsh, but the show itself was excellent. After that fuck-up, Manson was very animated for the rest of the night. "This Is The New Shit", a song I've never enjoyed live, went over like gangbusters, and this might be the best version of it played. "Lunchbox" was definitely teased between songs, but it didn't sound like "Lunchbox". I love the new set-up for "Coma White", and Manson nailed it. The crowd ate it up.

If Manson weren't a dick, this would have been a perfect show. And it was still comparable to that spot-on 2008 leg, but nowhere near as visual.

TL;DR version: Tyler and Manson seem very close; Manson's still a dick; the show was awesome.

EDIT: Other than "Deep Six", "The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles" was the one new song the audience seemed to know by heart. Again I say that it absolutely NEEDS to be a single. I'd have asked about it if I weren't thinking of shit on the fly (the "who's taller?" question was a bit of a mental buffer for me).

cataract777
02-10-2015, 07:18 AM
So this ended up being a pretty Goddamn good show. Some notes:

1. The Pageant is a nice venue, but it absolutely needs a better way to deal with a winter crowd. Two tiny spaceheaters on either side of the building simply doesn't cut it.

2. I get inside and immediately see Haz. I'm not able to talk to him for long, but he does me a solid and points out Tyler Bates standing at the bar.

3. Of course I go to the bar and hover around him like a creep as he tries to reconnect with two men who are apparently old friends. He eventually notices me, and I basically launch into a mini-interview that went something like this:

Me: "Who's taller, you or Manson?"

Tyler: "Me, by about an inch. Manson's pretty tall, but he wears platform boots."

Me: "What's the sample in "Slave Only Dreams To Be King"?

Tyler: "The ones at the beginning and end?"

Me: "No, around 3:20, buried in the mix. Everyone seems to think it's an Iggy Pop quote."

Tyler, surprised somebody has noticed it: "Oh, no. That's something Manson recorded off PBS a long time ago. We had a hard time clearing the rights to it."

Me, trying to be politic about it: "So I heard Daisy Berkowitz was at a show in I think Pennsylvania. How did that go?"

Tyler: "It's strange. He came up and introduced himself before a show in New York as Daisy and I was like, "who"? I'm not very familiar with all of Manson's work, or his past band mates. When I first met Manson, he'd asked if I had read his book. I told him "no", and he said "good". *laughs*

But he wanted to join us on stage for a song. We'd have done it, except the logistics wouldn't allow for it."

At that point, Tyler excused himself. I talked to his two friends for a moment, and mentioned that I enjoyed Tyler's presence in the band. They agreed, but said he's losing money on it. They were surprised I came up asking about specific time stamps in a song, "like a Pink Floyd fan".

User note: I made clear to everyone involved in this conversation from the outset that I am from Provider Module.

4. The show proper was very good, with one exception: "mOBSCENE" was played. Manson fucked up his verbal cue and actually STOPPED THE SONG, then acted as if it were Gil Sharone's fault, when Sharone's hit everything perfectly. He said something to the effect of it being "disrespectful" to play the song the way Gil was.

Bullshit. Gil was fine; it was Manson who fucked it up. I found it distasteful as Hell to try to detract from his own fuck-up by pinning it on Gil, especially when the crowd didn't notice it in the first place. It's not 1994 anymore; stop being an abusive dick to your bandmates.

That sounds harsh, but the show itself was excellent. After that fuck-up, Manson was very animated for the rest of the night. "This Is The New Shit", a song I've never enjoyed live, went over like gangbusters, and this might be the best version of it played. "Lunchbox" was definitely teased between songs, but it didn't sound like "Lunchbox". I love the new set-up for "Coma White", and Manson nailed it. The crowd ate it up.

If Manson weren't a dick, this would have been a perfect show. And it was still comparable to that spot-on 2008 leg, but nowhere near as visual.

TL;DR version: Tyler and Manson seem very close; Manson's still a dick; the show was awesome.

EDIT: Other than "Deep Six", "The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles" was the one new song the audience seemed to know by heart. Again I say that it absolutely NEEDS to be a single. I'd have asked about it if I weren't thinking of shit on the fly (the "who's taller?" question was a bit of a mental buffer for me).

Lol I love you overman, that mini interview was great! Lucky that you got to meet Tyler. Sucks that MANSON was being a douche to Gil though. Thanks for the review of the show! Glad you had a great time!

Cringeon
02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjdCUc8-Js

The Overman
02-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Lol I love you overman, that mini interview was great! Lucky that you got to meet Tyler. Sucks that MANSON was being a douche to Gil though. Thanks for the review of the show! Glad you had a great time!

Danke.

Tyler's a consummate gentleman, and comes across as very intelligent. The impression I got is that this is a one-off affair for a friend rather than a permanent gig (he was adamant that he was not hired on for his part in the band), and he's not making money he could otherwise earn from scoring films doing this. I'll be sad to see him go if and when he does, and I'd love it if he at least produced the next Marilyn Manson record.

One thing I neglected to mention: Tyler apparently knew John 5 even before realizing he's been affiliated with Mazza as a result of scoring Rob Zombie's films. He also said that Manson and Rob Zombie are both very "shy" people, but that Rob kind of goes through the motions of dealing with others where Manson is straight up reclusive.

Gloominatus
02-10-2015, 09:37 AM
There was a Marilyn Manson show at the Pageant so we went to it. It was good. It costed a lot of money but it was good I liked it. Sometimes, before a Manson concert, I am gripped with an intense, suffocating fear that he won’t play “Sweet Dreams,” “Rock is Dead” or “The Beautiful People,” and that everyone won’t act like it’s the first time these songs have been played live/this is the only reason they came to the show in the first place, but thankfully there was nothing of which to be afraid of. Whew. “Rock is Dead” is a song that was written for the end credits of a motion picture that I like to call "THE MATRIX," and it never fails to disappoint. I mean, is rock really dead if a song like this exists? No one can ever know for sure. I noticed Manson’s voice seemed a little strained during this show, which hit close to home as I am coming down with something fierce and it feels like someone is reaching into the back of my throat and grabbing my throat balls. So every time Manson got a little hoarse, my throat clenched and I thought I tasted blood, so I guess these were sympathy pains. Sympathy strains? The band was tight, and Tyler Durden has made a great addition to the lineup. Not all smoothity. Manson introduce “mOBSCENE” as “No Reflection” and then forget words to “mOBSCENE” and blame drummer lol! Also, another thing we learned about Marilyn Manson during this performance is that he has a medical condition, and that condition is called epilepsy. But thankfully he only has it during the chorus of “This is the New S-Word” (a song written for THE MATRIX! REMATRIXED, the exciting third part of the action-adventure sci-fi movie film trilogy). He played several songs from the new album THE WHITE EMPIRE, which is a great record despite the extremely racist title. “Deep Six” is a fun song about planting flowers with Zeus, and I also very much enjoyed “Janie Carries A Gun.” Manson even revealed some interesting facts when introducing “The Methastuffaleez of LA.” For instance, I did not know that Faust is from Greek mythology. Marilyn Manson should be a history teacher. BUT! the show wasn’t all fun and giggles and throat bleeding. There was a disgusting flesh pile right in front of us—I don’t mean a fat person, because I like some meat on the bones, if you know what I am saying—but I’m talking about a horrible douchey slab of jock steak who dry humped his girlfriend and pretended to finger her and raised his beer at every mention of drugs like this was a frat party and kept bumping into my wife and blocking her view and oh my god fuck you, dude, seriously just fuck you. I did not like that part. Thankfully, I elbowed him in the face and pushed him over the rail, and there was a round of applause and high-fives, and this one extremely attractive woman was so impressed that she immediately offered to have a threesome with me and my wife. Okay, that last part didn’t happen, but if it had happened then it would have happened. But it didn’t. Thanks a lot, Marilyn Manson.

blue angel
02-10-2015, 10:00 AM
I wish that Manson would add more new songs to the set since it seems like this lineup will only be around for this tour. Highlight the new album, while he can.

Heather Quick
02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Pictures: http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/kevin-johnson/marilyn-manson-show-a-less-is-more-approach-at-pageant/article_fa8b4b1a-97a2-5a49-b3c5-24def1c4f882.html

Cringeon
02-10-2015, 02:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTDZ3VtZZhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2xFFP_st8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3SAfVAEofc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V1RXTvm8wg

Norsefire
02-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Really hope This Is The New Shit sticks through to the EU leg of the tour, because I really want to see that fucker live!

cataract777
02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Really hope This Is The New Shit sticks through to the EU leg of the tour, because I really want to see that fucker live!

So do I, haven't seen it live yet.

Cringeon
02-12-2015, 08:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1g6fqkSwgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scTfWNRPN1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgjoylO7y9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSDZob21yc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncIRrQtRsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSynKxhL-_c

Cringeon
02-12-2015, 09:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyq8JcONaks

anightyouremember
02-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Same

Did anyone got the part of mobscene where Manson blamed it on Gil?

mr.svperstar13
02-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Good stuff

Mephisto
02-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Some crappy pix but still
http://www.realrock993.com/marilyn-manson-stl/

Hazekiah
02-25-2015, 12:01 AM

Wellllll, that was absolute bullshit then.

Same goes for the alleged "Lunchbox" tease between songs.

Did not happen.

What do the lines at the side symbolize? A break? Anybody know? Btw thanks for sharing.

Those lines drawn on the setlists usually denote when and where in the set that particular person previously in possession of that particular copy was meant to perform some task...usually something along the lines of wardrobe, backdrop, set-dressing, or microphone/guitar changes.

I just got home and haven't really had a chance to compare/contrast the setlist notes with my footage yet but I'll be sure to let you know if/when I figure it out.

Did anyone got the part of mobscene where Manson blamed it on Gil?

I've got the WHOLE damned thing!

I only JUST started processing my footage from the entire tour but that's definitely a highlight so I'll get around to it soon enough, I promise! Annnnd, just for the record, Manson CLEARLY introduces "No Reflection" instead of "mOBSCENE" (contrary to their order on the setlist), so it actually kinda WAS Gil's fault.

Yeah, Manson fucked it up first but what HE says goes and if he introduces a song then THAT'S the song you start playing, no matter what. So Gil went with the setlist instead and Manson wasn't ready so he tried but fumbled the words anyway and started over instead of playing it through.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT HE FUCKING NAILED IT AFTERWARD.

So FAIR ENOUGH, right?

Sure, he kinda pinned it all on Gil but who cares. I mentioned to Gil afterward that he'd obviously played it perfectly and between his expression of exuberance in my footage during the show and his laughing it off afterward it was clear that he FULLY understood the pressures of showmanship and played his heart out so, believe me, it's definitely w/e and really nbd.

OMFG I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE THIS FOOTAGE.

XD

Hazekiah
02-25-2015, 06:40 PM
http://youtu.be/VtyIay1U5MA

http://youtu.be/GT9omZ5XhPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHMWos47Bco

http://youtu.be/qPa2lNT6jNI

\m/

NapalmHeart
02-26-2015, 04:20 AM
Finally a good video of mOBSCENE, thanks Haz!

So this is what all this fuzz was about? Manson was even smiling right after, he wasn't giving Gil shit... He jokingly blamed him for his fuck-up and then delivered an extra great performance of that song!

MistressOfClouds
02-26-2015, 05:11 AM
What does he say during the very beginning and the outro? "I still don't know..." "Why I love you so much?" As a non native speaker, I would appreciate your help, it sounds great but I can't make out the words.

Scorpion
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM
''could you stop? Too much changes. I don't like the way you do it. I think it's disrespectful, listen to me''

I think that's what he says to gil when he asks him to stop. :P

Hazekiah
02-26-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it's, "You stop. I don't like it, just stop it. Just change it. I don't like it, I don't like the way you're doing it. I think it's disrespectful to St. Louis," lol. Gotta love it!
And then I think he adds, "There we go! All right!" before he really starts singing the actual song.

What does he say during the very beginning and the outro? "I still don't know..." "Why I love you so much?" As a non native speaker, I would appreciate your help, it sounds great but I can't make out the words.

Those are the lyrics to "Holy Grail" by Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake...he's been throwing in bits of it during "This is the New Shit" for a while now.

The parts he sings in the performance above are as follows:

I still don't know why
why I love you so much
air all my laundry in the streets
dirty or clean
give it up for fame

you're still alive
Still that nigga nigga, you survived
You still getting bigger nigga

air all my laundry in the streets
dirty or clean
give it up for fame