PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal Manson co-headliner?

The Overman
11-27-2014, 03:34 AM
I know many of you prefer Manson solo tours to co-headlined ones, and I don't disagree, particularly given the shit that's happened on the last few such tours. But, from a purely business perspective, these sorts of tours are unavoidable, given the state of the music industry.

So who would you all like to see Manson tour with if you had your druthers?

My vote, as I've said elsewhere, goes to King Diamond. I think his style of theatrical metal would blend very nicely with Manson's, and I also think it makes a bit more sense than Alice Cooper or Rob Zombie did, for instance:

1. King Diamond's shows are highly theatrical, but not nearly as reliant on big spectacles like pyrotechnics or multiple screens the way the other two are. His shows are much more prop heavy - less expense for greater effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDVyCY6KFqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sjf1rEs_Bk

2. Kind Diamond isn't a stadium dinosaur like the other two. He has a cult following, but Manson would assuredly be the bigger act in America, and quite probably in Europe too. His fans wouldn't threaten to swallow up the Manson fans in the same way Alice Cooper's did on the last go-around, for instance.

Manson would probably take top billing on the tour. Which means a longer set.

3. Diamond does play a much more traditionalist sort of guitar harmonic-driven heavy metal than Manson, but it's not like Slayer, where sometimes their fans took umbrage at the band playing with some POSEUR FAGGOT like Manson. Diamond's fans are much more appreciative of a theatrical approach to metal.

There are differences, of course - King Diamond tells ghost stories through his music, and his work is much more on-the-nose than Manson's metaphorical style. But I think it would be an absolutely badass tour. And I suspect they'd probably get on like gangbusters personally, having similar individual backgrounds and both having dabbled in the Church of Satan early in their careers.

BreakingYourMomsOldMound
11-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Diamond's a great choice, but, if we're talking never-happen-in-a-million-years fantasy shit, I'm going to go with NIN. Trent's approach to a live show is the exact opposite of Manson's. I like that dichotomy. Perfectly planned versus chaotic.

Dronepool
11-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Not a King Diamond fan, I find his high pitch falsettos silly/hard on my ears. But I respect him and recently was linked to "Give me Your Soul" and I checked out the album with least "high pitches" and sorta liked it but the some other stuff I tried a decade ago and just recently and it isn't my cup of tea for the most part. But I like the way you broke it down.

However I think Wednesday 13 or Skinny Puppy would be amazing.

I've seen them twice and they are amazing. High energy, catchy horror-punk/rock. They're friends. No egos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKTuWuFOK6U

Theatrical. Inspiration to the band. Better live than modern NIN. Will be seeing them on Dec 2nd for my 2nd time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbYppWW_w4

red.
11-27-2014, 03:13 PM
I have always dreamed for The Prodigy to co-headline with Manson, plus they are much more "harder" and energetic modern electronic band with Rob Holliday on guitars(!) they have been on the the same record label for over two years now, on top of that Keith Flint have gotten fucked up and did a lot of stupid shit with Manson far too many time to remember. Probably will never happen but just thinking about it is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLhL8dK_rL8

http://providermodule.com/Administrators/S.D./Manson_Prodigy_1.png

oh and during the HCW tour i always thought it would be funny if Goon Moon opened!
dream on...http://groundcontrolmag.com/m/articles/43/70/734/l_default.jpg

Golden Eel
11-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Faith No More.

The Overman
11-27-2014, 07:01 PM
One more pro-King Diamond argument, which I wasn't aware of last night:

Diamond just released an album, Dreams Of Horror, which debuted at 28 on the Billboard Heavy Music chart. That's actually very solid for a sixty-year-old Norwegian who sings like a castrato, particularly given the fact that his music is rooted more in the Tipton/Downing tradition of melodic leads ala the NWOBHM than the currently more popular extreme forms of metal.

The Pale Emperor will unquestionably beat it in America, but it proves they're playing in the same sandbox economically.

And it also means they'll be touring in roughly the same timeframe...

Jessica Fitzgerald
11-29-2014, 02:19 PM
King diamond? Bleh..he plays the empire room in Va. Just like PM5K its a step down.
Ghost could be ok.

Korn would be best.

hellomynameisasecret
11-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence, caue bitches know that I can rhyme.

Cringeon
11-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Something completely non typical for the MM fans to enjoy. Maybe an artist the MM likes on a personal level and knows will cause more WTF reaction from fans. Die Antwoord, Cage, BRMC. Keep it fresh.

blue angel
11-29-2014, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't mind King Diamond. I haven't liked any of the openers that Manson has ever had.

Anomaly
11-30-2014, 01:19 AM
In previous eras; Skinny Puppy, Blam Honey, Zilch, Ali Suicide.
In current era; Ling Tosite Sigure, Danzig, Sukekiyo, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds

grotesquemonkey015
11-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Surprised that no one has mentioned David Bowie.

spaceSuicide
11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Surprised that no one has mentioned David Bowie.

Bowie DOESN'T co-headline anymore. ;)

DecayingSinner
11-30-2014, 04:22 PM
It would be an odd mix, but Die Antwoord. I've seen stranger. As mentioned before, Manson and Slipknot would be awesome to see together. Both bands go back to early 2000's.

A dream show would be Manson / Rammstein

grotesquemonkey015
11-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Bowie DOESN'T co-headline anymore. ;)

Very true

Lillith
12-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Doubt that it would ever happen.

Tom Waits
OR
Nick Cave
OR
Mozza

Tater
12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Y'all mothers dreaming big, it's great. Personally'd like M to finally wank out that blues album he been hypin' for years and co-h with Jack White~

FuckmanQ
12-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Depeche Mode, Smashing Pumpkins, Jack White, and possibly Peter Murphy. I can dream.

Terrapin
12-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Tom Waits
This.

Jack White
Or this.

Seriously, I'd kill to see either of these happen.

FeedYourHead
12-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Goon Moon cause it's the closest thing to Manson co-headlining with himself.

KThatsit619
12-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Don't know if this has been posted here before, if so sorry.
Honestly, I would love to see Manson tour with Placebo. Maybe end with a duet of "Song To Say Goodbye". I can see Manson's vocals being perfect on that.
i could also see him touring with Smashing Pumpkins, that'd be great to see. Have Smashing Pumpkins as the opening act and end with Manson.

The Overman
12-16-2014, 11:20 AM
The Pumpkins would be great, but I feel like, realistically, Manson would probably be opening for them, as I think they were a bigger deal in the 1990s. That wouldn't bother me save that it would result in a shorter Manson set.

Indeed
01-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I know this is said on this forum more than anything but lets be honest... a NIN and MM tour would be epic. Those 2 bands are on fire recently and would be a great attention grabber to see them tour together. The Pale Emporer would be well promoted.

MANSON:
Deep SIx
Get Your Gunn
Little Horn
Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge
TMOLA
Dope Show
Birds Of Hell Awaiting
Dried Up Tied and Dead To The World
Tourniquet
Warship My Wreck
This Is The New Shit
Cupid Carries A Gun
----------------------------
Antichrist Superstar
The Beautiful People
----------------------------
The Reflecting God
Odds Of Even

NIN:
Somewhat Damaged
Terrible Lie
Piggy
Heresy
March Of The Pigs
All TIme Low
The Wretched
Were In This Together
Reptile
Closer
Dissapointed
Came Back Haunted
Wish
Head Like A Hole
----------------------
The Frail
The Fragile
Suck
Physical (Your So)

----------------------

Hurt

This show would be epic ;) I pray for the day..... the only way this get better is if primus opened up before manson .... now that would be a weird show

The Overman
01-02-2015, 08:34 PM
That already happened. See also: the Self-Destruct Tour '94.

TrainWreck96
01-12-2015, 11:50 AM
The Smashing Pumpkins would make the most sense since they are due for a tour. NIN would be a dream come true.
I'd love to see a Manson/Anthrax tour just because.

icon
03-19-2015, 03:32 PM
This is easy for me. Mushroomhead ..... Waylon who is one of three vocalists is even on record as saying the night he seen Danzig Korn and Manson as a life defining moment for him

thousand_kisses
03-20-2015, 02:25 PM
I'd like to see him co-headline with Ghost. Two birds, one stone.