PDA

View Full Version : The Mephistopheles in Heaven

HG131
01-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Now, seeing as I don't have lyrics on hand for either song, one because it's unreleased and one because it's just hard to find them, I can't do a lyrical comparison, but something I noticed and decided to play with is a weird similarity in Daisy Berkowitz's solo album and The Pale Emperor. Namely, Daisy's song "Hollywood's Heaven" and Manson's, "The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles". Heaven/Hell, both LA, interesting thing.

Shangri-LIE
01-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Now, seeing as I don't have lyrics on hand for either song, one because it's unreleased and one because it's just hard to find them, I can't do a lyrical comparison, but something I noticed and decided to play with is a weird similarity in Daisy Berkowitz's solo album and The Pale Emperor. Namely, Daisy's song "Hollywood's Heaven" and Manson's, "The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles". Heaven/Hell, both LA, interesting thing.

Even with the new "Cupid Carries a Gun". We get a glimpse into what people have often called the tunnel of death, with a pale blue light behind his shadow as he walks forwards and backwards. Acting as someone trying to bargain with you before either reaching that light, leading you to it or preventing you from getting to it. In my "Fall of the House of Death" thread, I discussed this "bet" even before "Deep Six" was debuted. Keep us updated on what else you discover. It's going to be a year for "Revelations" for sure.

NapalmHeart
01-08-2015, 12:04 PM
No.

blue angel
01-08-2015, 12:18 PM
I just heard a sample of Hollywood's Heaven, it didn't sound good and I can't hear the whole thing. Do you know the lyrics to it, yourself? I haven't heard Manson's song yet, but it is interesting relations so far.
It makes me also wonder just how much attention Manson pays to Daisy these days.

Shangri-LIE
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
" Goaded by Mephislopheles' taunts that man's misery has almost stopped Mephistopheles' desire to plague him and that it would be easy to lead him from his "confused service'' to God and train him in the way of the Devil, God assures him that man will err as long as he strives. As a divine creation, though limited and beguiled, he cannot be forever misled because he still has an "instint of the one true way." On this conccept of his creation of man, God rests his case with Mephistopheles and allows him to attempt to lead man in the way of the Devil. That Mephistopheles is a servant of God in the whole scheme of creation this "waggish knave" does not realize--it is beyond his comprehension. Goethe himself wrote, in 1815, "Nature is a grand organ on which our Lord God plays and the Devil blows the bellows." That Mephistopheles will never succeed in winning man's soul so long as man strives is further indicated in the condition of the pact between Faust and Mephistopheles. If Mephistopheles can satisfy Faust's desires and ambitions to the point that Faust can say to the moment of fulfillment, "Linger awhile--thou art so fair," then Mephistopheles will have won the wager both with Faust and with God and vill win Faust's soul. But the Prologue in Heaven and the striving nature of Faust both point to eventual salvation."

http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/crunyon/CE/03-Goethe/FaustIntro.htm

Nemoris Inferioris
01-09-2015, 11:22 AM
It's your Death's Desire

HG131
01-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Even with the new "Cupid Carries a Gun". We get a glimpse into what people have often called the tunnel of death, with a pale blue light behind his shadow as he walks forwards and backwards. Acting as someone trying to bargain with you before either reaching that light, leading you to it or preventing you from getting to it. In my "Fall of the House of Death" thread, I discussed this "bet" even before "Deep Six" was debuted. Keep us updated on what else you discover. It's going to be a year for "Revelations" for sure.

No problem, and I'm looking forward to what you see too!

I just heard a sample of Hollywood's Heaven, it didn't sound good and I can't hear the whole thing. Do you know the lyrics to it, yourself? I haven't heard Manson's song yet, but it is interesting relations so far.
It makes me also wonder just how much attention Manson pays to Daisy these days.

Eh, I like the song and the album in general, but I can't make out the lyrics too well and there's no lyrics online. Idk, I'll see about maybe messaging Daisy and asking.